[UPDATE 13.1] Alesan99's Entities (Clear Pipes, Tracks, & more!)

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
Qwerbey

Post » 15 Oct 2017, 01:17

I think most of those are possible with Custom Enemies.

Fawfuls TNT

Post » 15 Oct 2017, 17:04

Request: Would you please add a quicksand tile property?

RealGabdhhf

Post » 15 Oct 2017, 18:23

Sounds decent

alesan99

Post » 16 Oct 2017, 01:28

Detronicle wrote:Alesan, this mod is really amazing! I've been playing it since months ago. I just wanna request new features to be added, as well as some fix for possible bugs/glitches for the next update:
-Blue Shy Guys (basically Shy Guys, but turns around on edges).

-Snifits (Red, Blue and Gray; Red ones moves normally, but sometimes stop to shoot a bullet; Blue ones are like red, but turns around on edges; Gray ones are stationary and always face towards Mario)

-Podoboos/Lava Bubbles are invincible to anything, even with Starman. I think this is how they behave in original SMB1. Perhaps an option whether Podoboos should follow
SMB1 mechanics or the later games mechanic (make them vulnerable from Starman or Hammer Suit).

-Immobile Spiny Eggs that never hatch (as if underwater), and Rolling Spiny Eggs (from SMB3, where they are sometimes also thrown by Lakitus)

-Kick-able Spiny Shells.

-Make Spike Tops, as well as some few other enemies vulnerable from Hammer Suit (and Starman).

-Make some of the enemy bullets disappear after a few seconds when still onscreen. (This mostly happens on autoscroll levels with Rocky Wrenches, their wrenches could sometimes limit Mario's movement if their direction is towards right).

-Option to change individual Cannonball speed (or perhaps another entity for Red Cannonballs instead).

-Can you make the Spikes Tile Property work even without the Collision Tile Property? (I know there's a Lava Tile Property, but it instantly kills Mario on contact.

-Since Blooper Nannies are about to be added, maybe also a pink stompable variant?
Fixed some of these things. Some of the other small tweaks could be done with custom enemies i believe.
And renhoek made quite a lot of smb2 custom enemies, I can reupload them once the update is out if you remind me.
Fawfuls TNT wrote:Request: Would you please add a quicksand tile property?
I feel like this would work better as an entity, but I'll consider it.

And to update you guys on what I've been working on, I haven't really added many entities the past few days (there's still some surprises I haven't shown yet though).
I have been working on a new Halloween mappack that I plan to release along with the mod, here's a prevew:

RealGabdhhf

Post » 16 Oct 2017, 22:22

alesan99 wrote:And to update you guys on what I've been working on, I haven't really added many entities the past few days (there's still some surprises I haven't shown yet though).
I have been working on a new Halloween mappack that I plan to release along with the mod, here's a prevew:

will the new mappack be part of dlc? because im getting bored with same old mappacks

alesan99

Post » 16 Oct 2017, 22:32

RealGabdhhf wrote: will the new mappack be part of dlc? because im getting bored with same old mappacks
It'll be released as dlc and individually.

Detronicle

Post » 17 Oct 2017, 16:23

alesan99 wrote: Fixed some of these things. Some of the other small tweaks could be done with custom enemies i believe.
And renhoek made quite a lot of smb2 custom enemies, I can reupload them once the update is out if you remind me.

And to update you guys on what I've been working on, I haven't really added many entities the past few days (there's still some surprises I haven't shown yet though).
I have been working on a new Halloween mappack that I plan to release along with the mod
Ok, I'll try if I can be good on making custom enemies (I haven't used SE since playing the classic Mari0). The mappack looks cool based on the preview.

Anyways, few more bugs/glitches I saw:
-Giant Buzzy Beetles can be defeated with fireballs (both from Mario and Fire Bro).
-Fish Bones only locks on to Mario if they area near to Mario's spawn.
-Mario's thrown hammers that hit GLaDOS got stuck on her (not sure if intentional or not). (Speaking of GLaDOS, Banzai Bills don't work against her, nor even Torpedo Teds.)
-Bob-ombs do not lit themselves when hit by fireballs. If the fireballs came from Mario, they only get pushed back.
-Boom Boom that are set as enemies still drop ? Ball on defeat.
[/collapse]

Also a small request: make Thwomps destroy brick blocks (and maybe make ? blocks release their content) when they hit the ground.

MisplacedTailsTheFox

Post » 17 Oct 2017, 18:19

Ok, another possible bug report: when you hit a ? block, or other such blocks containing something, it briefly shows the original SMB hit block graphic from whichever spriteset before changing to the equivalent tile in SMBtiles. Could it just use the SMBtile in the first place, maintaining whichever custom art style is being used for the mappack?

Also, 2 requests, either of which might be doable with custom enemies (although I doubt it, hence the request; if one is possible, no worries):
1. An option for SMB3 Bowser so that defeating him will take you to a specific sublevel, instead of just ending the level immediately, allowing for a segment where players would actually rescue the princess (or another ending scene), without having to move on to an entirely new level (or worse yet, a new world) just for a custom made cutscene.
2. We can enter pipes from any which direction, but can only exit upward or downward. Could we have left and right exit pipes as well?

Qwerbey

Post » 17 Oct 2017, 20:16

Fuck it just add "outtable": [] .

RealGabdhhf

Post » 17 Oct 2017, 22:22

Oh, in the meantime, add crows entity to your halloween mappack and i like to see skewers being added, this might be useful for castle levels

alesan99

Post » 18 Oct 2017, 02:33

Detronicle wrote:Anyways, few more bugs/glitches I saw:
All of these have been fixed
MisplacedTailsTheFox wrote:Ok, another possible bug report:
The first one is a weird graphic bug, It's fixed
With the bowser thing you can just make the cutscene in a different level since I've added the ability to add up to 9.
And don't really think its worth the effort to put the other exits, the up exit works fine when its not placed inside a block.
RealGabdhhf wrote:Oh, in the meantime, add crows entity to your halloween mappack and i like to see skewers being added, this might be useful for castle levels
I don't need crows in my mappack since I want to showcase the entities that are already in the mod.
I'll consider skewers, but I've already added quite a few entities so it'll be in a later update.

alesan99

Post » 21 Oct 2017, 19:39

NEW UPDATE
Surprise Update.
This update has quite a few new entities, custom enemies, and not to mention ONLINE MULTIPLAYER (EDIT: Press left in the title screen to play online).
Well, at the moment online multiplayer is pretty barebones. I'm aware of the stuff that still need to be added and fixed, but time is a problem.
Aside from those features, there's some general improvements to the editor and vertical levels. Also a ton of bugfixes.

Code: Select all

-----0.10.0 9-----
ADDED ONLINE MULTIPLAYER
ADDED CUSTOM SE ENEMIES
ADDED Bulls eye Bills
ADDED Wigglers
ADDED Goomba Shoe
ADDED Magikoopa
ADDED Mario Maker Doors
ADDED P-button Doors
ADDED Key doors and keys
ADDED Blooper Nanny
ADDED Circle Boos
ADDED Weird Mushroom
ADDED Carrot Powerup
ADDED Tanooki Suit
ADDED Cape Mario
ADDED option to teleport mario at edges of screen
ADDED left and right pipe exits
IMPROVED level size button from SE
FIXED Fireballs hitting hammer mario when ducking
FIXED Coin graphics
mario maker physics option (1-up flag, shrink to big mario)
slopes are smoother
hammers kill thwomps and bulletbills
scrolling is better for vertical levels and right of the level
fixed timer reseting
custom fire and ice colors
p-buttons look like mario maker
lava tile property doesn't instakill if spike properties are enables
flags can be placed anywhere on the y axis
improved delayers
other sprites look like mario maker
dry bones and dry beetle have more animations
enemies in vertical levels don't spawn all at once and dissappear offscreen
menus are navigatable with joysticks
Tons of Bugfixes
Downloads:
Windows Download (.exe)
OSX Download (.app)
Linux Download (.love)
Android Download (.apk)
Source Download (0.10.0)

Halloween Mappack:
I also made a special Halloween mappack. You can see a part of it in the first screenshot.
Check out the thread for the download: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5167
It's also available as DLC but it has compressed music due to the 5MB limit, so use the link above.

Thanks to Qcode for the playercard function
Last edited by alesan99 on 23 Oct 2017, 01:45, edited 2 times in total.

The Snivy

Post » 21 Oct 2017, 21:14

Bug: Mario jumps around during the flag animation.

Fawfuls TNT

Post » 21 Oct 2017, 21:15

alesan99 wrote:NEW UPDATE
Surprise Update.
This update has quite a few new entities, custom enemies, and not to mention ONLINE MULTIPLAYER.
Well, at the moment online multiplayer is pretty barebones. I'm aware of the stuff that still need to be added and fixed, but time is a problem.
Aside from those features, there's some general improvements to the editor and vertical levels. Also a ton of bugfixes.

-----0.10.0 9-----
ADDED ONLINE MULTIPLAYER
ADDED CUSTOM SE ENEMIES
ADDED Bulls eye Bills
ADDED Wigglers
ADDED Goomba Shoe
ADDED Magikoopa
ADDED Mario Maker Doors
ADDED P-button Doors
ADDED Key doors and keys
ADDED Blooper Nanny
ADDED Circle Boos
ADDED Weird Mushroom
ADDED Carrot Powerup
ADDED Tanooki Suit
ADDED Cape Mario
FIXED Coin graphics
slopes are smoother
fixed timer reseting
improved delayers
Tons of Bugfixes
Downloads:
Windows Download (.exe)
OSX Download (.app)
Linux Download (.love)
Android Download (.apk) (Coming Soon)
Source Download (0.10.0)

Halloween Mappack:
I also made a special Halloween mappack. You can see a part of it in the first screenshot.
It's also available as DLC but it has compressed music due to the 5MB limit, so use the link above.

Suggestions: Would you please add an Android exclusive tool to the level editor that acts like a right click? (It could be called the right click tool.) Also, would you please make it so when you press the buttons, you do not shoot the portal gun or place an object? Lastly, are Custom Enemies compatible with the Android version?

alesan99

Post » 21 Oct 2017, 21:41

The Snivy wrote:Bug: Mario jumps around during the flag animation.
Oh wow I can't believe I didn't notice that. It's fixed now, redownload
Fawfuls TNT wrote:Suggestions: Would you please add an Android exclusive tool to the level editor that acts like a right click? (It could be called the right click tool.) Also, would you please make it so when you press the buttons, you do not shoot the portal gun or place an object? Lastly, are Custom Enemies compatible with the Android version?
I won't be adding anything android exclusive because it makes updating it a pain, but i'll probably add a button that toggles right clicking.
The same goes with the portal gun thing.
The android version hasn't been made yet, but I don't see any reason custom enemies wouldn't work.

RealGabdhhf

Post » 21 Oct 2017, 23:50

Surprise Update.
This update has quite a few new entities, custom enemies, and not to mention ONLINE MULTIPLAYER.

-----0.10.0 9-----
ADDED ONLINE MULTIPLAYER
ADDED CUSTOM SE ENEMIES
ADDED Bulls eye Bills
ADDED Wigglers
ADDED Goomba Shoe
ADDED Magikoopa
ADDED Mario Maker Doors
ADDED P-button Doors
ADDED Key doors and keys
ADDED Blooper Nanny
ADDED Circle Boos
ADDED Weird Mushroom
ADDED Carrot Powerup
ADDED Tanooki Suit
ADDED Cape Mario
FIXED Coin graphics
slopes are smoother
fixed timer reseting
improved delayers
Tons of Bugfixes
Downloads:
Windows Download (.exe)
OSX Download (.app)
Linux Download (.love)
Android Download (.apk) (Coming Soon)
Source Download (0.10.0)

Halloween Mappack:

You should have released it on Halloween to make it even more special (but make people even more impatient)
Also how can i use online multiplayer?

MisplacedTailsTheFox

Post » 22 Oct 2017, 01:01

This is wonderful. Also, thanks.

Bug reports:
1. I set custom colors for the fire and ice forms, but in testing, I'm seeing ice colors for the fire form and the original ice colors on the actual ice form. Similar testing with ordinary Luigi shows the same, although Mario, and custom characters without custom fire or ice colors set, appear to be fine.
Out of curiosity, I did look to try to find the bug for myself, and discovered this in the playerloader.lua:

elseif s2[1] == "firecolor1" or s2[1] == "firecolor2" or s2[1] == "firecolor3" then
					local s4 = s2[2]:split(",")
					playerstuff.firecolor[tonumber(s2[1]:sub(10, 10))] = {}
					for j = 1, 3 do
						playerstuff.firecolor[tonumber(s2[1]:sub(10, 10))][j] = tonumber(s4[j])
					end
				elseif s2[1] == "icecolor1" or s2[1] == "icecolor2" or s2[1] == "icecolor3" then
					local s4 = s2[2]:split(",")
					playerstuff.firecolor[tonumber(s2[1]:sub(9, 9))] = {}
					for j = 1, 3 do
						playerstuff.firecolor[tonumber(s2[1]:sub(9, 9))][j] = tonumber(s4[j])
					end
Note how the section checking for ice colors then references fire colors (I think it's actually setting the config's ice colors as the fire colors?), not ice colors. Might this be the cause?

2. Also, if I'm running around on ice and then jump to somewhere without ice, the slippery effect continues.

alesan99

Post » 22 Oct 2017, 01:17

RealGabdhhf wrote:Also how can i use online multiplayer?
Press left in the title screen.
MisplacedTailsTheFox wrote:Bug reports:
Fixed.

MisplacedTailsTheFox

Post » 22 Oct 2017, 02:59

Ok, sorry to start listing off bugs so soon, but I found 2 more:
1. Custom enemies in Koopa shells work normally with other custom enemies, but bounce off standard enemies as though they were just blocks or something. The regular enemies in question, too, act as though they had hit a block (or another enemy) themselves.
2. If a custom enemy collides with or walks on an animated tile, the game crashes.

Edit: 3. Custom characters sprites for the Tanooki suit form are also bugged regardless of whether you set custom sprites for them or not; the sprites are all misaligned, unless I set the spritesheet's size to that of the Raccoon form, then they work perfectly aside from the resulting invisible statue (since it's sprite would be cut off the sprite sheet entirely).

Another edit: 4. Lakitos doesn't throw any more spikeys after reaching the cap of spikeys thrown, even if said spineys have since walked off the screen or fallen in bottomless pits.
Edited again: Note that spikey death by fireballs, too, does not prevent the Lakitos from believing their spikeys are alive and well.

Edited further: 5. The custom spikeys available by default are immune to fireballs.
Last edited by MisplacedTailsTheFox on 22 Oct 2017, 05:26, edited 5 times in total.

RealGabdhhf

Post » 22 Oct 2017, 03:50

BUG: You cant be stunned while riding yoshi

Detronicle

Post » 22 Oct 2017, 10:06

Oh right, new update!

Anyways, a bug report: Hitting the brick/coinblock/noteblock from below does not defeat the enemy walking on the said block.

I LÖVE LUA

Post » 22 Oct 2017, 11:40

Bug: When trying to flutter with the bunny ears while going through a portal, the game crashes.

game.lua:2104: attempt to index local 'offsets' (a nil value)

Traceback

main.lua:2638: in function '__index'
game.lua:2104: in function 'game_draw'
main.lua:1396: in function 'lovedraw'
main.lua:1337: in function 'draw'
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
Doesn't crash when just fluttering or just falling though a portal with the bunny powerup

alesan99

Post » 22 Oct 2017, 18:48

MisplacedTailsTheFox wrote:Ok, sorry to start listing off bugs so soon, but I found 2 more:
Fixed
MisplacedTailsTheFox wrote:Edit: 3. Custom characters sprites for the Tanooki suit form are also bugged regardless of whether you set custom sprites for them or not; the sprites are all misaligned, unless I set the spritesheet's size to that of the Raccoon form, then they work perfectly aside from the resulting invisible statue (since it's sprite would be cut off the sprite sheet entirely).
You need the updated template: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bfe08lgq2sn7e ... e.zip?dl=1
RealGabdhhf wrote:BUG: You cant be stunned while riding yoshi
Fixed
Detronicle wrote:Anyways, a bug report: Hitting the brick/coinblock/noteblock from below does not defeat the enemy walking on the said block.
Fixed. I might've borked custom enemies in the process so tell me if there's an error for them.
I LÖVE LUA wrote:Bug: When trying to flutter with the bunny ears while going through a portal, the game crashes.
Fixed, Redownload

Also here the video showing the halloween mappack i didn't post in this thread.

RealGabdhhf

Post » 22 Oct 2017, 19:33

will you be able to explain how to use online multiplayer?

alesan99

Post » 22 Oct 2017, 19:43

RealGabdhhf wrote:will you be able to explain how to use online multiplayer?
It works the same as the online mod by qcode
Do it with hamachi OR port forwarding

MisplacedTailsTheFox

Post » 22 Oct 2017, 20:17

I've come to discover that if you're not Mario or Luigi, acquiring a carrot crashes the game:

error

game.lua:1921: attempt to index a nil value

traceback

main.lua:2638: in function '__index'
game.lua:1921: in function 'game_draw'
main.lua:1396: in function 'lovedraw'
main.lua:1377: in function 'draw'
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
Also, the default custom spikeys are still immune to fireballs and custom Lakitos still don't accept their spikey's fate(s), refusing to throw more.

alesan99

Post » 22 Oct 2017, 21:36

MisplacedTailsTheFox wrote:I've come to discover that if you're not Mario or Luigi, acquiring a carrot crashes the game:
The error means that the 3rd color for your character wasn't set. I tried the character template and it worked.

And those bugs were already fixed, it just turns out I didn't update the downloads correctly
Working Downloads:
Windows Download (.exe)
OSX Download (.app)
Linux Download (.love)
Android Download (.apk)
Source Download (0.10.0)
Last edited by alesan99 on 23 Oct 2017, 01:45, edited 1 time in total.

MisplacedTailsTheFox

Post » 22 Oct 2017, 22:01

alesan99 wrote:
MisplacedTailsTheFox wrote:I've come to discover that if you're not Mario or Luigi, acquiring a carrot crashes the game:
The error means that the 3rd color for your character wasn't set. I tried the character template and it worked.
The third color has definitely been set, and testing the character template for myself gives the same result.
However, I think I found the actual cause: it's not the character, it's because they weren't wearing a hat, where Mario and Luigi were.

alesan99

Post » 22 Oct 2017, 22:29

MisplacedTailsTheFox wrote:The third color has definitely been set, and testing the character template for myself gives the same result.
However, I think I found the actual cause: it's not the character, it's because they weren't wearing a hat, where Mario and Luigi were.
It was because of the hats. It's fixed

edit: added android download. hold b to right click in the editor.

FuriousTH

Post » 23 Oct 2017, 21:38

Welp I tried to see how's the android version but for some reason my phone can't open the .apk file "The file can' be openned"
What's the problem?

alesan99

Post » 23 Oct 2017, 22:14

FuriousHedgehog wrote:Welp I tried to see how's the android version but for some reason my phone can't open the .apk file "The file can' be openned"
What's the problem?
Open the apk in your file manager. It will not work if you press open in chrome.

RealGabdhhf

Post » 23 Oct 2017, 22:32

Apparently on the apk, you cant tap anything on the movement. i cant access any modes

FuriousTH

Post » 23 Oct 2017, 22:39

Oh, also I discovered some glitches now.
When I put a region trigger on any level and the platform for coin worlds stops taking Mario on it and just goes for itself, like if the region trigger was an invisible wall for the platform and specially Mario.
Another one is the normal mode for Mario, the custom colors doesn't change his overalls, skin and hair color but only the cap and the right hand and also the custom sounds doesn't works with taking a star and the counting score sound effect.

alesan99

Post » 24 Oct 2017, 00:44

RealGabdhhf wrote:Apparently on the apk, you cant tap anything on the movement. i cant access any modes
I might drop support for the android version for a while if it keeps on being buggy for no reason.
For now, expect a fix in the next week or so.
FuriousHedgehog wrote:Oh, also I discovered some glitches now.
I fixed all of these except the star.
The star music isn't a sound and replacing music isn't a feature right now.

FuriousTH

Post » 24 Oct 2017, 00:51

Ah, so I can't replace it...
Welp, time to wait, for everything else was nice, I tried the online multiplayer, it's kinda buggy but still works fine.

WawaTittere

Post » 24 Oct 2017, 01:07

Surprise Update.
This update is amazing! Worth the wait. Thanks Alesan! You are always surprising me!

Fawfuls TNT

Post » 24 Oct 2017, 02:41

The controls do not work on the Android version of the update.

alesan99

Post » 24 Oct 2017, 02:43

Fawfuls TNT wrote:The controls do not work on the Android version of the update.
I'm aware

Fixed now btw. Make sure to reset your settings
Last edited by alesan99 on 31 Oct 2017, 16:05, edited 1 time in total.

Mari0Guy69

Post » 28 Oct 2017, 14:07

Alesan99, can you please reupload the smb2 custom enemies as well as include them as built-in custom enemies.
Also, can you please add Chargin Chuck's and Rex's from Super Mario World. As well as Springboards and shells that can be picked up like cubes. Para-Spinies, Para-Spike-Top, Horizontal Thwomps and Missle Bills

alesan99

Post » 28 Oct 2017, 17:17

Mari0Guy69 wrote:Alesan99, can you please reupload the smb2 custom enemies as well as include them as built-in custom enemies.
Also, can you please add Chargin Chuck's and Rex's from Super Mario World. As well as Springboards and shells that can be picked up like cubes. Para-Spinies, Para-Spike-Top, Horizontal Thwomps and Missle Bills
I checked and the link to renhoek's smb2 enemies still works. I won't be making them built in though. You add custom enemies by making a folder named "enemies" in your mappack folder, in case you didn't know.
renhoek wrote:I've just finished recreating every enemy (except for the bosses) from super mario bros 2 so I think it's time to release my first enemy pack.

I'll be accepting custom skins and enemy programming changes, just post your skin and I will include it in the next pack along with your user name.
v2.0 will contain smb2 bosses, smb2j enemies, all night nippon variations and custom skins.

Feel free to use these, credit is not needed but appreciated.

Content
like I said this pack has every enemy including everyone's favorite Birdo!
ImageI'll be putting Ostro in the next pack
and the enemies available in the pack
Downloads
v1.0
https://www.mediafire.com/?7d3vb6ccrsabafw

Fawfuls TNT

Post » 28 Oct 2017, 17:52

Suggustion: Would you please add Cappy as a cheat option? It would be awesome to posess the enemies in this game!

FuriousTH

Post » 28 Oct 2017, 21:58

Fawfuls TNT wrote:Suggustion: Would you please add Cappy as a cheat option? It would be awesome to posess the enemies in this game!
That actually would be more work for Alesan because I don't think that can be easy to do, controlling all enemies and that... Whew.

Britdan

Post » 05 Nov 2017, 15:28

dear alesan99. I would like to suggest an idea. could you add pow blocks to the game and make p switches and pow blocks be picked up by the player (like in Mario maker) by using E (like the portal cubes) thank you- aidan

CoolJulianXD

Post » 05 Nov 2017, 18:20

Where can i find multiplayer severs?

alesan99

Post » 05 Nov 2017, 20:35

CoolJulianXD wrote:Where can i find multiplayer severs?
You probably won't find any servers. You'll need to arrange people to play with using port fowarding or hamachi. I posted the steps a few posts ago.
aidanTP wrote:dear alesan99. I would like to suggest an idea. could you add pow blocks to the game and make p switches and pow blocks be picked up by the player (like in Mario maker) by using E (like the portal cubes) thank you- aidan
You actually couldn't pick up p switches and pow blocks in mario maker, only in the smb3, world, and new modes. People suggest the ability to grab things a lot, so maybe I'll add it.

CoolJulianXD

Post » 05 Nov 2017, 21:15

This made be hard but... Cosmic Mario (the ones that copy all your movement)

CoolJulianXD

Post » 05 Nov 2017, 21:20

Are SE Custom characters compatible with this mod?

RealGabdhhf

Post » 05 Nov 2017, 22:19

CoolJulianXD wrote:Are SE Custom characters compatible with this mod?
Yes

Cool Julian1204

Post » 06 Nov 2017, 01:46

I found a glitch that characters wont load but their names will appear

alesan99

Post » 06 Nov 2017, 02:16

Cool Julian1204 wrote:I found a glitch that characters wont load but their names will appear
SE characters don't work.
Look in the guides section in the main post for instructions.