[UPDATE 13.1] Alesan99's Entities (Clear Pipes, Tracks, & more!)

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
CoolJulianXD

Post » 06 Nov 2017, 23:57

alesan99 wrote:
Cool Julian1204 wrote:I found a glitch that characters wont load but their names will appear
SE characters don't work.
Look in the guides section in the main post for instructions.
do you think you ould add compatiblity with SE characters?

alesan99

Post » 07 Nov 2017, 01:32

CoolJulianXD wrote:do you think you ould add compatiblity with SE characters?
I would like to. I didn't do it at first because it would take a while to do so.

Detronicle

Post » 12 Nov 2017, 02:45

Code: Select all

Error

game.lua:3448: attempt to compare number with string

Traceback

main.lua:2638: in function '__lt'
	game.lua:3448: in function 'loadmap'
	game.lua:3150: in function 'startlevel'
	editor.lua:4167: in function 'func'
	gui.lua:521: in function 'click'
	main.lua:2208: in function <main.lua:2184>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'

alesan99

Post » 12 Nov 2017, 03:58

Detronicle wrote:*error*
I believe this was already fixed, make sure you're on the latest version.

Mari0Guy69

Post » 13 Nov 2017, 19:01

Hey alesan99 I might have some actually good suggestions for entities and other features for the mod
Non entity related suggestions
-A in-game cheats menu
-An in-game skins menu
-Cheats Page 2 (Moonjump, Double Jump, True knockback when damaged, Faster running, etc.)
-Negative shaders
-Mari0 SE Custom Hats

My Suggested Entities
-Amazin' Flyin' Hammer Bro and the Winged Gray Turnblock Platform
-Reflecting Podoboo
-Rexes
-Chargin' Chuck and its variants
-Broozer (a.k.a Boxing Boo)
-Big Boo (Not a boss)
-Boo Stream/Laser
-Eerie
-Skull Coasters
-Arrow Lifts
-Timed Lift/Carrot Lift (Same thing with different names)
-Spiny Cheep-Cheep
-Skewers
-Horizontal Thwomp
-Spike Traps
-Spike (enemy)
-Sledge Bros
-Mario Forever Pirahna Plants
-Mario Forever Beetroot and Jumping Lui Powerups
-Non-Broken Cape Feather and something that actually distinguishes the Tanooki Suit from the Tanooki Leaf in the mod.
-Mario Land Superball Flower
-Penguin Suit
-Shell Suit
-Configurable Roto-Discs
-Hot-Foot
-Screen Scrolling Pipes (like SMB30
-Blurp
-SMW Flopping Cheep Cheep

If you take these to account plese post on this forum thread

Mari0Guy69

Post » 13 Nov 2017, 19:34

I forgot to mention the these suggestions
-Ptooies
-Super Mario Bros. 3 Red Bullet Bills
-Red Note Blocks
-Fuzzies
-Mechakoopas
-Sumo Bros
-Super Mario Bros 3 Bowser Statues
-Super Mario World Bowser Statues
-Dino-Torch
-Dino-Rhino
-Boo Block
-Boohemoth
-Jumping Pirahna Plants (Super Mario World Pirahna Plants)

FuriousTH

Post » 13 Nov 2017, 21:23

I think most of those enemies can be done with SE Custom Enemies.

alesan99

Post » 13 Nov 2017, 22:28

Mari0Guy69 wrote:-Mario Forever Pirahna Plants
I won't be adding fangame stuff
Mari0Guy69 wrote:-Non-Broken Cape Feather

I'm not sure what you mean. Would you mind explaining?
Mari0Guy69 wrote:Tanooki Suit from the Tanooki Leaf in the mod.
The colors are different. I won't be making different sprites since it would take too much time.

Also please refrain from suggesting enemies you already suggested. If I don't add an enemy, its because I already have a lot of ideas or it won't be worth the effort (Enemies only few people will recognize/use). That being said, some of these might be added eventually.

Mari0Guy69

Post » 15 Nov 2017, 01:18

ok thx i basically all the suggestion ideas i had while playing Mari0, Mari0 SE, this mod, mario games and other video games over the past 2 months (i literally wrote down the list on paper to remember so you won't be hearing from me for a while in terms of mod suggestions)

(sorry, unspecified suggestions inbound)
technically i have a suggestion to add more bosses besides the Koopalings (oh and those are a little broken, same with the cape powerup) and im not naming speciffically what bosses and how about some your own original enemy ideas that you come up with, that would be cool and can
you make it where you can put ? balls in ? blocks because apparetly it wont work and maybe if its possible could you make where enemies can be put in ? balls.)

Mari0Guy69

Post » 15 Nov 2017, 01:21

I found that the cape feather doesn't control quite right while gliding and it's possible to clip inside walls using it (same with the frog suit) PLEASE FIX, IT WOULD BE COOL TO HAVE A PROERLY USABLE CAPE POWERUP

alesan99

Post » 15 Nov 2017, 02:48

Mari0Guy69 wrote:how about some your own original enemy ideas that you come up with
There is already a ton of official enemies to add, so I don't really see a need for me to make my own. Custom enemies should be used if you want specialized enemies.
Mari0Guy69 wrote:Koopalings (oh and those are a little broken,
What are you asking me to fix?
Mari0Guy69 wrote:I found that the cape feather doesn't control quite right while gliding and it's possible to clip inside walls using it (same with the frog suit) PLEASE FIX, IT WOULD BE COOL TO HAVE A PROERLY USABLE CAPE POWERUP
What do you mean by "doesn't control quite right"? Is it unresponsive or something?
Also I'm assuming through walls for another reason since it also happens with the frog suit. What type of walls are you talking about?

RealGabdhhf

Post » 15 Nov 2017, 04:01

Suggestion: Add an option to make the burner disable so you can have 2 separate burners going off at different times

Pieteek

Post » 15 Nov 2017, 16:40

Hey Alesan99! I maked a polish (poland) version of your mod! But... Settings tab isn`t work. Can you fix it?

Technochips

Post » 15 Nov 2017, 16:44

Pieteek wrote:But... Settings tab isn`t work.
Can you explain what you mean? Is there a crash? Or what?

Pieteek

Post » 15 Nov 2017, 16:49

Technochips wrote:
Whey i click on "settings" i see only background, i can turn on, and off settings, but i don`t see anything, i checked it, i edited mario skin, but... I don`t see anything ;(

Pieteek

Post » 15 Nov 2017, 16:57

Technochips wrote:
This is settings:
https://youtu.be/a7CoxLIsud8

Technochips

Post » 15 Nov 2017, 17:16

Pieteek wrote:
For me, it's working fine (running arch linux without fancy drivers). It might be an issue with your computer, or you somehow screwed the code up (unless it also doesn't work if you run the original version).
Try sending your computer's specs here (just incase).
If you want, you can put your mod here and I'll try to troubleshoot it.

Skel3t

Post » 18 Nov 2017, 07:37

Can i request?

alesan99

Post » 18 Nov 2017, 14:09

Skel3t wrote:Can i request?
Sure.

Skel3t

Post » 18 Nov 2017, 16:47

Thanks!
Yellow koopas from smw(they follow you)
Smw piranha plant(the one that jumps out)
Vine piranha plant(not from a mario game,but based on one from sm3Dw)start and end point.
Fruit pokey from nsmb wii and u(gives coins when eaten by a yoshi,cannot be stomped and does not damage mario)
Spike(ball throwing lizard thing from smb3)
Kickable ice block(hits a wall and breaks)from nsmbwii and u.
Spin jump power up(Once again,not from a mario game,but based on a mechanic from smw)
That's all,ok.

sideways piranha plant maybe?
Last edited by Skel3t on 19 Nov 2017, 10:43, edited 1 time in total.

FuriousTH

Post » 19 Nov 2017, 07:10

Don't post multiple times, just edit your original request post.

Skel3t

Post » 19 Nov 2017, 10:37

Sorry:(Didn't know,i am new here.

CoolJulianXD

Post » 19 Nov 2017, 17:38

High Bouncing (when you press a the right time stepping on a goomba you go higher)

Skel3t

Post » 20 Nov 2017, 06:44

CoolJulianXD wrote:High Bouncing (when you press a the right time stepping on a goomba you go higher)
I think it only should be in mario maker physics.

Skel3t

Post » 20 Nov 2017, 14:09

Spike tops can't be hurt with fire.While here,they do.Evidence(from the wiki)-
They(spike tops) are also still resistant to fire, which makes them one of the most resilient enemies in the Mario franchise.
Spike tops move when frozen(though without animation)

CoolJulianXD

Post » 23 Nov 2017, 01:47

Skel3t wrote:
CoolJulianXD wrote:High Bouncing (when you press a the right time stepping on a goomba you go higher)
I think it only should be in mario maker physics.
I think that it should be called the modern mario physics because it existed before mario maker

Squidish

Post » 26 Nov 2017, 04:51

where the fuck are my half blocks Nevermind, this is everything we could have ever wanted. Thanks for the continual updates on this mod, it's always a joy to see a new update.

As for this update, I really like how you made editing custom characters. Putting all the colors on one image is much more efficient than SE's way in my opinion. However, tanookianimations doesn't seem to work. When I use the template, it looks like this in-game:
All the frames are moved to the left, and Statue Mario is invisible. However, when I replaced them with raccoonanimations, everything seemed to be in position; however, Statue Mario is still invisible.

I'd also like to suggest full control over each color, (hamer mario's, frog mario's, invincibility, etc.) and perhaps the option to seek an existing color, for example

firecolor2=selectedcolor1

or something similar.

Fawfuls TNT

Post » 27 Nov 2017, 05:14

Request: Would you please add new behaviors for custom enemies, such as triggers that activate when the enemy has a certain amount health, and the behaviors from the enemies and entities added by the mod?

Murphmario

Post » 27 Nov 2017, 19:36

The "seen" and "notseen" enemy transform commands crash the game.

alesan99

Post » 28 Nov 2017, 00:38

Squidish wrote:As for this update, I really like how you made editing custom characters. Putting all the colors on one image is much more efficient than SE's way in my opinion. However, tanookianimations doesn't seem to work. When I use the template, it looks like this in-game:
[img]
All the frames are moved to the left, and Statue Mario is invisible. However, when I replaced them with raccoonanimations, everything seemed to be in position; however, Statue Mario is still invisible.
The tanooki and raccoon images have to be the same width, so instead you should be replacing raccoonanimations with tanookianimations.
The character temple works for me so I'm guessing you're using an older one or you didn't update your raccoon sprites.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bfe08lgq2sn7e ... e.zip?dl=0
Squidish wrote:I'd also like to suggest full control over each color, (hamer mario's, frog mario's, invincibility, etc.).
More control over colors will come eventually, the way it's implemented now is messy which is why only fire and ice are supported.
Fawfuls TNT wrote:Request: Would you please add new behaviors for custom enemies, such as triggers that activate when the enemy has a certain amount health, and the behaviors from the enemies and entities added by the mod?
I probably won't do this, since I want custom enemies to be fully compatible with SE. And I don't really see a point of making a trigger for health because you could just make the enemy die and transform into a different enemy that has the abilities you want (I've made boom boom using this method). I also won't add behaviors from enemies in the mod because they work completely different and it would take way too long.
Murphmario wrote:The "seen" and "notseen" enemy transform commands crash the game.
Fixed, except on the windows version. I'll get around to making the .exe soon

mari9!

Post » 28 Nov 2017, 10:15

I Emerge from the depths of hell once again
i finally got this to work after you got it on love version 10, so thanks.

Couple of questions:
if i wanted to post a map that required this mod, would i post it under mapping or modding?

Could you please add a feature enabling easy hat creation? i mean for setting the hat on mario, not making the hats themselves.

Thanks.

alesan99

Post » 28 Nov 2017, 13:56

mari9! wrote:if i wanted to post a map that required this mod, would i post it under mapping or modding?
Maps go in mapping, just label it so people know they need a mod.
mari9! wrote:Could you please add a feature enabling easy hat creation? i mean for setting the hat on mario, not making the hats themselves.
Custom hats are planned for a future update.

mari9!

Post » 29 Nov 2017, 00:39

Found some sketchy things messing with pipe exits and yoshi

ps. i had to make these in linux, forgive the quality

alesan99

Post » 29 Nov 2017, 01:11

mari9! wrote:Found some sketchy things messing with pipe exits and yoshi
The pipe exit thing happens with every entity that doesn't go inside a block. You can solve that by making the tile non breakable.
Yoshi might end up being redone since it's so buggy.

FuriousTH

Post » 29 Nov 2017, 09:42

alesan99 wrote:
The pipe exit thing happens with every entity that doesn't go inside a block. You can solve that by making the tile non breakable.
Yoshi might end up being redone since it's so buggy.
Indeed because If I want to make levels with Yoshi as a principal gimmick I can't do too much since that buggy status that he is, he needs to control more like SMW or also why not? Yoshi's Island.

Fawfuls TNT

Post » 01 Dec 2017, 00:33

alesan99 wrote:
Fawfuls TNT wrote:Request: Would you please add new behaviors for custom enemies, such as triggers that activate when the enemy has a certain amount health, and the behaviors from the enemies and entities added by the mod?
I probably won't do this, since I want custom enemies to be fully compatible with SE. And I don't really see a point of making a trigger for health because you could just make the enemy die and transform into a different enemy that has the abilities you want (I've made boom boom using this method). I also won't add behaviors from enemies in the mod because they work completely different and it would take way too long.
Okay, if you do decide to make extra behaviors later
on, I have some ideas:
{1} "LevelEndOnDeath":"boolean" ; If true, level ends when enemy dies.

{2} "DisableScrollingIfOnScreen":"boolean" ; If true, makes it so the screen stops scrolling when the enemy is on screen. The player will not be able to leave until the enemy is defeated. This would be useful for bosses.
(2A) "StopScrollingDistance":"integer" ; Would be used with "DisableScrollingIfOnScreen" to decide how far Mario needs to be from the enemy for the screen to drop scrolling. (By blocks)

{3} "movement":"anvil" ; Makes the enemy fall on top of the Mario when he goes near them, and then move back to origanal postion, much like a thwomp.
(3A) "distancebeforedrop":"integer" ; Distance Mario has to be from enemy for it to drop. Used with "movement":"anvil"
(3B) "falldirection":"string" [Strings: Left, Right, Up, Down, Global] ; Direction of where the enemy falls.
Used with "movement":"anvil"
Also, by the way, is it possible to use the enemies and entities added in this mod for as the base for a custom ememy, like this?: base=thwomp

alesan99

Post » 01 Dec 2017, 04:41

Most of those problems could be solved with enemy region triggers, so I'll add that option eventually
Fawfuls TNT wrote:{3} "movement":"anvil" ; Makes the enemy fall on top of the Mario when he goes near them, and then move back to origanal postion, much like a thwomp.
This should be possible with the "playernear" transformtrigger and the "playerneardist" parameters
https://github.com/GoonHouse/Marin0SE/w ... mies-Guide
Fawfuls TNT wrote:Also, by the way, is it possible to use the enemies and entities added in this mod for as the base for a custom ememy, like this?: base=thwomp
This is what I was talking about in the post your replying to. The enemies in the mod work differently from SE and I would basically need to redo every enemy for them to work as bases.

Skel3t

Post » 01 Dec 2017, 14:14

I found a bug with all of the tail/cape spin powerups.
Not that i want this bug to be removed,but it should stay as a thing.
Ok,so here it is:When ducking and tail/cape spinning on top of hittable blocks,they get hit.
Also,can i make a mappack for christmas?I think it will not be featured,but i'll let a go.
Maybe 23 of december is the release day,but WHO knows.

Fawfuls TNT

Post » 01 Dec 2017, 17:47

alesan99 wrote:Most of those problems could be solved with enemy region triggers, so I'll add that option eventually
Fawfuls TNT wrote:{3} "movement":"anvil" ; Makes the enemy fall on top of the Mario when he goes near them, and then move back to origanal postion, much like a thwomp.
This should be possible with the "playernear" transformtrigger and the "playerneardist" parameters
https://github.com/GoonHouse/Marin0SE/w ... mies-Guide
Fawfuls TNT wrote:Also, by the way, is it possible to use the enemies and entities added in this mod for as the base for a custom ememy, like this?: base=thwomp
This is what I was talking about in the post your replying to. The enemies in the mod work differently from SE and I would basically need to redo every enemy for them to work as bases.
Okay. Last question: when are you going to make your next SE Custom Enemies pack? I have some ideas that I posted on that page. (All of them are related to Classic Sonic)
edit: I have one more idea for a behavior for custom enemies
1: BouncesMario:boolean ; If true, bounces Mario when he touches it, like a spring.
1A: BouncesEnemies:boolean ; If true, bounces other enemies that touch it.

1B: BouncingDistance:decimal ; How far Mario will bounce (in blocks). (Requires bouncesmario:true)

1C: BouncingSide:string (global, left, right, top, bottom, sides, facing);
Side that the enemy bounces Mario on. Also decides the direction Mario will bounce in (requires bouncesmario:true)
One more edit
IF there are anyone who wants to make custom enemies for the mobile version of Mari0 AE, then Pixly is a good app for making the sprite sheets.

Detronicle

Post » 11 Dec 2017, 14:47

Hey Alesan, how can I replicate an exact copy of the coinblock as animated tile? I am trying to create more colored coinblock tiles (and item-containing ! block tiles).

Skel3t

Post » 11 Dec 2017, 16:00

Detronicle wrote:Hey Alesan, how can I replicate an exact copy of the coinblock as animated tile? I am trying to create more colored coinblock tiles (and item-containing ! block tiles).
Browse for ? block from smb1.
If you get 5 frames of animation of it,you are good to go.
Or just use the nes palette.

alesan99

Post » 12 Dec 2017, 00:23

Detronicle wrote:Hey Alesan, how can I replicate an exact copy of the coinblock as animated tile? I am trying to create more colored coinblock tiles (and item-containing ! block tiles).

collision=true
portalable=true
breakable=false
coinblock=true
delay=150

mari9!

Post » 20 Dec 2017, 07:06

Pls add Autoscrolling up thx

also pls add the option to allow checkpoints to trigger based on the y axis for vertical levels thx again

Skel3t

Post » 24 Dec 2017, 11:00

About auto scrolling...
Could you add the ability to change scrolling speed?
Maybe like an options based menu,or just like the ones for foreground and background(forgot what these are called).
Options if you use an options based menu:
Frozen-The screen won't move.
Follow mario-follows mario(normal)
B Conveyer-Backwards moving.(very slow,1bps)
F Conveyer-forward(1bps)
B snail-backwards(3bps)
F snail-forward 3 bps
B koopa-5 bps backwards
F koopa-5 bps forward
B runner-7bps backwards
F runner-7bps forward
B green parabeetle-8 bps backwards
F green parabeetle-8 bps forward
B Koopa the extremely quick-10 bps backwards
F Koopa the extremely quick-10 bps forward
B 2 Portals on 2 walls(2p2w)- 15 backwards
F 2p2w-15 bps forward.
Also,upside down spikey and buzzy beetle.And spikey shell.

alesan99

Post » 24 Dec 2017, 16:19

mari9! wrote:also pls add the option to allow checkpoints to trigger based on the y axis for vertical levels thx again
This isn't needed. You can link them to region triggers.
Skel3t wrote:About auto scrolling...
Could you add the ability to change scrolling speed?
Maybe like an options based menu,or just like the ones for foreground and background(forgot what these are called).
Also,upside down spikey and buzzy beetle.And spikey shell.
I don't think I mentioned this, but if you put mario's spawn at the end of the level the screen will scroll the other way.
So the only thing I need to add is a speed slider. Vertical autoscrolling will also be added.

I'll consider adding those enemies as well, but they could easily be custom enemies.

jermboy27

Post » 25 Dec 2017, 02:13

alesan99 wrote: I'll consider adding those enemies as well, but they could easily be custom enemies.
Would you add Battle Mode too? It will have 4 players (even online players) come battle each other in each battle level like in SMBX.

EDIT:I almost forgot. Could you add the Superball Powerup, https://www.mariowiki.com/Superball_Mario, and Vanishing Blocks https://www.mariowiki.com/Vanishing_Block, and Grey Brick Blocks https://www.mariowiki.com/Gray_Brick_Block in your tiles in this mod?

Villager103

Post » 25 Dec 2017, 04:52

Would it be possible to add Cube/Sphere buttons(buttons that are only activated by cubes/spheres, they were in Portal 2, I believe)

Couldn't find them in the feature list, so i'm assuming they aren't in. I could also provide the graphics for them if you want.

Eden GT

Post » 25 Dec 2017, 08:00

Major bug: When Mario spawns at a checkpoint where there is a custom foreground, instead of loading that foreground, the default Portal foreground covers everything, making every obstacle impossible to see. And, the timer should stop when during the time phase of powering up, climbing a vine, etc., in relation to the original SMB.

alesan99

Post » 25 Dec 2017, 18:12

jermboy27 wrote:Would you add Battle Mode too? It will have 4 players (even online players) come battle each other in each battle level like in SMBX.
I don't think this would work in mari0. But I guess with a bit of creativity you could already make something like this.
jermboy27 wrote:EDIT:I almost forgot. Could you add the Superball Powerup, https://www.mariowiki.com/Superball_Mario, and Vanishing Blocks https://www.mariowiki.com/Vanishing_Block, and Grey Brick Blocks https://www.mariowiki.com/Gray_Brick_Block in your tiles in this mod?
I don't really think any of these would be worth it. The superball powerup is just the fireflower but more limited.
Villager103 wrote:Would it be possible to add Cube/Sphere buttons(buttons that are only activated by cubes/spheres, they were in Portal 2, I believe)
Since I added spheres already I'll make buttons for them so they actually have a use. I can handle the graphics though.
Eden GT wrote:Major bug: When Mario spawns at a checkpoint where there is a custom foreground, instead of loading that foreground, the default Portal foreground covers everything, making every obstacle impossible to see. And, the timer should stop when during the time phase of powering up, climbing a vine, etc., in relation to the original SMB.
I fixed the foreground issue. I don't know if it'll cause problems with backgrounds and foregrounds loading in other areas, but It'll most likely be okay.
I fix the other inaccuracies later, but for now you can redownload.

CoolJulianXD

Post » 26 Dec 2017, 01:09

ps. i had to make these in linux, forgive the quality
I use that same mario colors and hat