[UPDATE 13.1] Alesan99's Entities (Clear Pipes, Tracks, & more!)

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
Qwerbey

Post » 28 Dec 2020, 18:50

Aidan wrote:
27 Dec 2020, 18:13
jermboy27 wrote:
27 Dec 2020, 04:41
alesan99 wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 14:24
Forgot to mention yesterday that I fixed bumpers crashing the game. Re download for the fix.
Can you add SMM2 Twisters as default entities. I much likely see that the custom enemy thing is a bit overrated for me.
"overrated"... is this a joke
Yeah the most powerful system in the entire game is overrated.

jermboy27

Post » 30 Dec 2020, 23:38

Aidan wrote:
jermboy27 wrote:
alesan99 wrote:
21 Dec 2020, 14:24
Forgot to mention yesterday that I fixed bumpers crashing the game. Re download for the fix.
Can you add SMM2 Twisters as default entities. I much likely see that the custom enemy thing is a bit overrated for me.
No. I just wanted SMM2 Twisters to become default entites.

Also, new page!

Britdan

Post » 01 Jan 2021, 11:31

jermboy27 wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 23:38
Aidan wrote:
jermboy27 wrote:

Also, new page!
They have been made with custom enemies, you have no leg in this debate. If it can be made with custom enemies then what is the point

jermboy27

Post » 04 Jan 2021, 03:30

Aidan wrote:
01 Jan 2021, 11:31
jermboy27 wrote:
30 Dec 2020, 23:38
Aidan wrote:

Also, new page!
They have been made with custom enemies, you have no leg in this debate. If it can be made with custom enemies then what is the point
Custom enemies this, custom enemies that. I heard a little chit-chat of the custom enemies talk here!

Qwerbey

Post » 04 Jan 2021, 06:28

You're really sleeping on custom enemies with that dismissive attitude; I can tell you that Twisters, along with many other objects, would be less useful as stock entities, because they wouldn't have nearly the amount of customization. Honestly, I think all entities should be custom enemies, but unfortunately that's not feasible to implement at this stage.

LittleGreenGiant

Post » 06 Jan 2021, 00:33

I have been thinking about a new movement type that you could add. It based on how the double cherry works.
lets take all of the custom character properties including frames, friction, speed, health, portals and more and put them here.

"portalid": integer - the id of their portals
"portalColor": array[array[integer]] - the color of their portals[/list]

"portalgunDirection": string - changes how the enemy's portalgun faces directions while holding a portal gun[/list]
  • "mouse" - follows the mouse
  • "copy" - copy's the players direction
  • "keys" - uses the keyboard keys for a direction
  • "set" - points a set direction
  • "direction" - points a set direction, flips depending on which way it is facing
"portalgunXOffset": decimal - the x offset of where the portals come out of
"portalgunYOffset": decimal - the y offset of where the portals come out of
"portalgunAngleOffset": decimal - how much to add to the angle of the portal gun

"xMovementFlip": boolean - if it flips the left and right keys for the enemy
"yMovementFlip": boolean - if it flips the up and down keys for the enemy
"keyMap": array[array[string, string]] - what keys it uses for its actions (the first string is for the key you need to press and the second one is for what action it will do, custom actions can be added and used with fire enemy to make a super complex enemy's)

If I think of any more stuff for "cherry", I will add it.

Meculus

Post » 10 Jan 2021, 23:28

Hey, how do I make a tile tool set the gel of multiple sides at once?

alesan99

Post » 11 Jan 2021, 04:41

Meculus wrote:
10 Jan 2021, 23:28
Hey, how do I make a tile tool set the gel of multiple sides at once?
"all 1" or whatever color id you want
You can also use multiple tiletools and move the region onto the same tile.

EDIT:
I ported over some of 1.6 kexaihami's shaders and made a couple of my own!
Look at the end of the video if you need instructions on how to install them.
Last edited by alesan99 on 11 Feb 2021, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

Drachenbauer

Post » 04 Feb 2021, 16:08

Can you please make a character-attribute for classic big (16 in defaultsize), that we can disable breaking blocks, that are no bricks, if we don´t want that for our custom character?

And another thing:
how about a property, that sets the timespan for the customframe for fireenemy.
so we can keep that custom frame longer active, if we want.
Foe sample so a character with a long flicking tongue like Yoshi can keep it´s mouth open as long as the tongue-enemy lives.
Last edited by Drachenbauer on 13 Feb 2021, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.

Drachenbauer

Post » 05 Feb 2021, 18:03

Another thing for fireenemy:
custom frames for this should have higher priority than ducking.
I cannot play a custom animation-frame to fire things while ducking...

And i notice, that it´s very hard to make a custom character with fully functional yoshi tongue ability.
That means catching enemies with the tongue and pull them back into the mouth.
i think there should be som specific properties for this behavior.
andThere should be three ways to handle caught things:
- swallow instantly (most common for powerup-items and tiny enemies)
- carry in mouth, swallow with down button or spit out with run button (common for most normal enemies in games of the Yoshi´s island series)
- carry in mouth, only spit out with run button (common for koopa-shells and useable objects like p-switches and mobile platforms)
at cheating a character, it should be possible to set, wich enemy to handle wich of theese ways.

Cerulean AL

Post » 07 Feb 2021, 01:27

I posted a question relating to this about Mari0 SE before, but I was wondering if this mod could do it already or with less modification. Basically, I was wondering if there was a way to make a collectibles system that kind of works like colored gems in Crash Bandicoot; you get the colored item, and doing so allows for platforms of that color to appear in stages. And I would like for the information of whether or not you've already collected the colored items to be saved within the game (like how data on what worlds you've reached so far is saved) and possibly have the option to clear said data. But yeah, I was just wondering if something like that is in this mod or at least possible with a smaller amount of modding.

alesan99

Post » 07 Feb 2021, 04:01

Cerulean AL wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 01:27
I posted a question relating to this about Mari0 SE before, but I was wondering if this mod could do it already or with less modification. Basically, I was wondering if there was a way to make a collectibles system that kind of works like colored gems in Crash Bandicoot; you get the colored item, and doing so allows for platforms of that color to appear in stages. And I would like for the information of whether or not you've already collected the colored items to be saved within the game (like how data on what worlds you've reached so far is saved) and possibly have the option to clear said data. But yeah, I was just wondering if something like that is in this mod or at least possible with a smaller amount of modding.
You can use animations to detect if you have a certain number of a type of collectible and use an animation output to trigger something in the stage. You can also use animation numbers to store variables if you prefer that.
When your mappack has collectibles there is an option to save your game when you pause.

Cerulean AL

Post » 07 Feb 2021, 04:47

alesan99 wrote:
07 Feb 2021, 04:01
You can use animations to detect if you have a certain number of a type of collectible and use an animation output to trigger something in the stage. You can also use animation numbers to store variables if you prefer that.
When your mappack has collectibles there is an option to save your game when you pause.
Ah, all right. Thanks for the response. I'll test it all out when I get back to my computer and let you know if it worked out the way I wanted.

Cerulean AL

Post » 08 Feb 2021, 00:36

So far, everything is going accordingly. My only real problem is making enemies transform via animation. I've tried out "transformEnemyAnimationOnDeath", but there's something I'm probably just misunderstanding. To give some context, I've created two enemies that act as tiles. One of them is an outline of a tile that the player isn't supposed to have any collision with (works fine) while the other is a tile that acts like a normal tile (also works fine, aside from the player being visibly behind the first couple pixels of it). The way it's supposed to work is that the outline transforms into the normal tile when the player collects something (this part also works fine, as I've tested it in different circumstances). So I'm just convinced that I'm missing something with the transform trigger itself. I've tried linking them by putting the animation-name after the colon, but it just hasn't worked. Any help with this would be appreciated. And if any more information is needed, just let me know. I tried to give as much information from the situation as I could.

alesan99

Post » 08 Feb 2021, 18:16

Cerulean AL wrote:
08 Feb 2021, 00:36
So far, everything is going accordingly. My only real problem is making enemies transform via animation. I've tried out "transformEnemyAnimationOnDeath", but there's something I'm probably just misunderstanding. To give some context, I've created two enemies that act as tiles. One of them is an outline of a tile that the player isn't supposed to have any collision with (works fine) while the other is a tile that acts like a normal tile (also works fine, aside from the player being visibly behind the first couple pixels of it). The way it's supposed to work is that the outline transforms into the normal tile when the player collects something (this part also works fine, as I've tested it in different circumstances). So I'm just convinced that I'm missing something with the transform trigger itself. I've tried linking them by putting the animation-name after the colon, but it just hasn't worked. Any help with this would be appreciated. And if any more information is needed, just let me know. I tried to give as much information from the situation as I could.
Animation: Create the action "TRANSFORM ENEMY:"

JSON:
"transformtrigger": "animation"
"transformanimation": "whatever you typed into the animation (not the name of the animation)",

Cerulean AL

Post » 09 Feb 2021, 07:54

alesan99 wrote:
08 Feb 2021, 18:16
Animation: Create the action "TRANSFORM ENEMY:"

JSON:
"transformtrigger": "animation"
"transformanimation": "whatever you typed into the animation (not the name of the animation)",
Thanks a lot for the help. It worked exactly how I wanted it to.

Cerulean AL

Post » 11 Feb 2021, 07:56

Everything is working perfectly, aside from one very minor thing that doesn't really pose much of a problem but is still something that I'd like to at least try to fix. I have it set up so that an animation trigger is on top of the item meant to add 1 to the value that activates the platform. If you know what you're doing, it's possible to activate this animation without collecting this item. I was wondering if it was possible to link the animation to the item so that the animation is only ever triggered when that item is collected (or in this case, when Mario makes it disappear by touching it)

alesan99

Post » 11 Feb 2021, 18:51

Cerulean AL wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 07:56
Everything is working perfectly, aside from one very minor thing that doesn't really pose much of a problem but is still something that I'd like to at least try to fix. I have it set up so that an animation trigger is on top of the item meant to add 1 to the value that activates the platform. If you know what you're doing, it's possible to activate this animation without collecting this item. I was wondering if it was possible to link the animation to the item so that the animation is only ever triggered when that item is collected (or in this case, when Mario makes it disappear by touching it)
Instead of using the animation trigger entity, add "triggerAnimationOnDeath": "name of animation trigger"

Cerulean AL

Post » 11 Feb 2021, 20:11

alesan99 wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 18:51
Instead of using the animation trigger entity, add "triggerAnimationOnDeath": "name of animation trigger"
Huh, I tried that before asking last night, but it didn't work. Well, it works now, so thanks for the help.

bill_cipher

Post » 13 Feb 2021, 01:12

I dont know if it goes here but this thing is happening where if I make a custom tile have the coinblock thing then when I place it it becomes a smb1 question block can anyone help

TheSkullCreeper!

Post » 13 Feb 2021, 04:08

bill_cipher wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 01:12
I dont know if it goes here but this thing is happening where if I make a custom tile have the coinblock thing then when I place it it becomes a smb1 question block can anyone help
You have to use an animated tile.

bill_cipher

Post » 13 Feb 2021, 05:01

TheSkullCreeper! wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 04:08
bill_cipher wrote:
i figured that out

bill_cipher

Post » 13 Feb 2021, 05:01

bill_cipher wrote:
13 Feb 2021, 05:01
TheSkullCreeper! wrote:
bill_cipher wrote:
i figured that out
thanks tho

Drachenbauer

Post » 13 Feb 2021, 19:11

bill_cipher wrote:
bill_cipher wrote:
TheSkullCreeper! wrote:
i figured that out
thanks tho
i used a custom tileset with a coinblock-tile and that stays the custon tile graphic.

Now i noticed, that the update image button for backgrounds does not work...
i always have to close and reopen the game to see the results of drawing on one of theese pictures.

Drachenbauer

Post » 17 Feb 2021, 23:48

Can you please add a property to set max fall spees in air and water?
i think, that will make custom gliding characters easyer.

And Yoshi-Riding should be able to set to a custom animation-frame away from vine climbing (just like it´s possible for fence climbing)

and something about yoshi:
To control, what yoshi can do with enemies there are:

"resistsYoshiTounge" : boolean
false: yoshi can lick up this enamy into his mouth.
true: yoshi´s tongue just passes this one without any effect.

"yoshiSpit": boolean
only if "resistsYoshiTounge" : false
true: yoshi can carry this enemy in his mouth and spits it out on pressing run button.
false: yoshi will swallow this one instantly (should be used for powerup items and small enemies like tiny goomba).

but there can be a third option:

"yoshiSwallowDown": boolean
only if "yoshiSpit": true
true yoshi can swallow this enemy on press down button while carrying it in his mouth (common behavior in Yoshi´s island games, good for most enemies.).
false: yoshi cannot swallow this one, just spit it out on pressing run button (for koopa-shells and mobile usable objects like the cubes for gate-switches).

Drachenbauer

Post » 22 Feb 2021, 20:24

There should be a way to make yoshi actually eat custom enemies.
I noticed, that he only kills them with his tongue, if "yoshiSpit": false.

alesan99

Post » 26 Feb 2021, 02:19

Drachenbauer wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 20:24
There should be a way to make yoshi actually eat custom enemies.
I noticed, that he only kills them with his tongue, if "yoshiSpit": false.
Yoshi can already eat custom enemies correctly if they are set up right

alesan99

Post » 26 Feb 2021, 03:07

UPDATE 13C (MORE BUG FIXES???)

Yup more bug fixes.
It has a couple of new things if you want to read the changelog
Changes:

Code: Select all

-----0.10.0 13c-----
ADDED New enemy properties
	"transformtrigger": "passivecollision"
	"doTransformAfterCollision"
	ADDED New "customtimer" operations
		subtract,sqrt,mod,pow,round,floor,ceil,sin,cos,tan,atan2,min,max
ADDED Character properties
	"jumpframes": 1,
	"jumpanimationspeed": 8,
	"fallframes": 0,
	"fallanimationspeed": 8,
	"climbframes": 2,
	"vineframedelay": 0.15,
ADDED Option for character sprites for fire, ice, and superball
ADDED Animations
	stop sound
	stop all sounds
	require points
ADDED Frozen munchers idk
ADDED Support for a few more font characters
ADDED Camera stop entity option: ignore if player offscreen
ADDED nitpicks "SlowBackgrounds" and "NoCharacterZipNotices"
FIXED "freezesenemies"
FIXED Custom enemy helmets
FIXED lowtime sound playing during flag animation (probably)
FIXED Jittery homing enemies
FIXED Magikoopas teleporting into player
FIXED Button down animation crashing
FIXED "requirepoints" animation not being visible
FIXED Custom enemies that act like platfroms not triggering player land animation
FIXED Huge mario not being able to enter pipes
FIXED Hotkeys for custom tiles
FIXED Wind blowing players off of vines and fences

Other Bugfixes and minor tweaks
Downloads:
Windows Download (.exe)
OSX Download (.app)
Linux Download (.love)
Android Download (.apk)
Source Download (.love)

EDIT: I fixed racoon mario crashing, redownload it if you had the old patch

Drachenbauer

Post » 26 Feb 2021, 17:23

i downloaded it ans unzipped it, where the old one was, but i cannot find frozen munchers in it...

Kant

Post » 26 Feb 2021, 17:32

alesan99 wrote:
26 Feb 2021, 03:07
UPDATE 13C (MORE BUG FIXES???)

Yup more bug fixes.
It has a couple of new things if you want to read the changelog
Changes:

Code: Select all

-----0.10.0 13c-----
ADDED New enemy properties
	"transformtrigger": "passivecollision"
	"doTransformAfterCollision"
	ADDED New "customtimer" operations
		subtract,sqrt,mod,pow,round,floor,ceil,sin,cos,tan,atan2,min,max
ADDED Character properties
	"jumpframes": 1,
	"jumpanimationspeed": 8,
	"fallframes": 0,
	"fallanimationspeed": 8,
	"climbframes": 2,
	"vineframedelay": 0.15,
ADDED Option for character sprites for fire, ice, and superball
ADDED Animations
	stop sound
	stop all sounds
	require points
ADDED Frozen munchers idk
ADDED Support for a few more font characters
ADDED Camera stop entity option: ignore if player offscreen
ADDED nitpicks "SlowBackgrounds" and "NoCharacterZipNotices"
FIXED "freezesenemies"
FIXED Custom enemy helmets
FIXED lowtime sound playing during flag animation (probably)
FIXED Jittery homing enemies
FIXED Magikoopas teleporting into player
FIXED Button down animation crashing
FIXED "requirepoints" animation not being visible
FIXED Custom enemies that act like platfroms not triggering player land animation
FIXED Huge mario not being able to enter pipes
FIXED Hotkeys for custom tiles
FIXED Wind blowing players off of vines and fences

Other Bugfixes and minor tweaks
Downloads:
Windows Download (.exe)
OSX Download (.app)
Linux Download (.love)
Android Download (.apk)
Source Download (.love)

EDIT: I fixed racoon mario crashing, redownload it if you had the old patch
Wait. Custom enemy helmets?, you mean.. literraly wearing custom enemies? or the enemies wears helmets now?

just askin

alesan99

Post » 26 Feb 2021, 18:32

Drachenbauer wrote:
26 Feb 2021, 17:23
i downloaded it ans unzipped it, where the old one was, but i cannot find frozen munchers in it...
Right click a muncher
Kant wrote:
26 Feb 2021, 17:32

Wait. Custom enemy helmets?, you mean.. literraly wearing custom enemies? or the enemies wears helmets now?

just askin
Neither, custom enemies can be used to give the player one of the existing helmets, and this update fixed a bug with it.

Drachenbauer

Post » 26 Feb 2021, 19:13

i also wondered, that i found the sprite of the frozen muncher in the game-files, but not a matching json or code-file.

now i think, you just expanded the muncher´s file with a frozen-state

Drachenbauer

Post » 26 Feb 2021, 20:01

another thing, inoticed with the frozen muncher:
I played around with a character, that flies a ridden enemy.
the ridden enemy disappears on touching the ground for landing.
to remove the ridden enemy, it transforms into one, that dies instantly.
as it was not set to "resistseverything": true,, the frozen muncher was able to kill it causing the blayer to stay invisible and fall offscreen.
after i set this property i can savely land on the frozen muncer, but every landing this way generates 200 points for the score.

Loogi Carry

Post » 07 Mar 2021, 18:29

Uhhhhhh Alesan99 something is wreid with Mari0 AE 13🅱 version (I got just a new lapotop and downloaded it here and this happend)
HALP.png
HALP.png (616.08 KiB) Viewed 363684 times

alesan99

Post » 08 Mar 2021, 14:56

Loogi Carry wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 18:29
Uhhhhhh Alesan99 something is wreid with Mari0 AE 13🅱 version (I got just a new lapotop and downloaded it here and this happend)
The windows download works on both of my computers (and the current version is 13c btw)

Download it again, and make sure everything is extracted correctly.

If not, use the source download and open it with LOVE 0.10.2 https://github.com/love2d/love/releases ... -win32.zip

Loogi Carry

Post » 10 Mar 2021, 10:01

alesan99 wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 14:56
Loogi Carry wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 18:29
The windows download works on both of my computers (and the current version is 13c btw)

Download it again, and make sure everything is extracted correctly.

If not, use the source download and open it with LOVE 0.10.2 https://github.com/love2d/love/releases ... -win32.zip
:/ Still not working :'(
hulp again.png
hulp again.png (627.76 KiB) Viewed 363570 times

alesan99

Post » 10 Mar 2021, 16:19

Loogi Carry wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 10:01
:/ Still not working :'(hulp again.png
Just incase: drag the .love file onto love.exe.

Other than that you should check your antivirus settings. Your new computer probably has one installed and it might be messing with the files.

Loogi Carry

Post » 12 Mar 2021, 09:28

alesan99 wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 16:19
Loogi Carry wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 10:01
:/ Still not working :'(hulp again.png
Just incase: drag the .love file onto love.exe.

Other than that you should check your antivirus settings. Your new computer probably has one installed and it might be messing with the files.
Can you send an video how to do it, because I don't know
here: loogi.carry@gmail.com

alesan99

Post » 12 Mar 2021, 14:20

Loogi Carry wrote:
12 Mar 2021, 09:28
Can you send an video how to do it, because I don't know
here: loogi.carry@gmail.com
Well I don't have an antivirus installed so I don't know.
You can use the search bar on windows and search for installed programs to check if you're computer came with one.

ilikemacsalot

Post » 14 Mar 2021, 19:10

It won't open, any help?

Loogi Carry

Post » 15 Mar 2021, 09:44

Well I don't have an antivirus installed so I don't know.
You can use the search bar on windows and search for installed programs to check if you're computer came with one.
[/quote]

I turned off antivirus but nothing helped (I guees I need to reset my laptop with everything)

alesan99

Post » 15 Mar 2021, 16:18

Loogi Carry wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 09:44
I turned off antivirus but nothing helped (I guees I need to reset my laptop with everything)
Make sure you redownloaded the game after turning off the antivirus. And maybe check if your antivirus has whitelisting settings.

Loogi Carry

Post » 17 Mar 2021, 10:25

alesan99 wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 16:18
Loogi Carry wrote:
Make sure you redownloaded the game after turning off the antivirus. And maybe check if your antivirus has whitelisting settings.
I was doing everything but nothing workedeh ;'(

SubPixuru

Post » 18 Mar 2021, 06:15

it might not be an antivirus causing the game to be unplayable

Loogi Carry

Post » 18 Mar 2021, 09:43

alesan99 wrote:
15 Mar 2021, 16:18
Loogi Carry wrote:
also I frogot to say.. when I get new laptop I get Love folder and Mari0 folder from %appdata% and put them in %appdata% and then downloaded Mari0 AE 13🅱

alesan99

Post » 18 Mar 2021, 22:23

SubPixuru wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 06:15
it might not be an antivirus causing the game to be unplayable
Well that's why we're troubleshooting. It's a brand new windows 10 laptop so there not many things that could be going wrong.
Loogi Carry wrote:
18 Mar 2021, 09:43
also I frogot to say.. when I get new laptop I get Love folder and Mari0 folder from %appdata% and put them in %appdata% and then downloaded Mari0 AE 13🅱
I don't think that really changes anything but you can moving the folder if you want.

Post exactly what type of laptop you have and maybe that'll help. And check if normal mari0 works: https://stabyourself.net/mari0/

Loogi Carry

Post » 19 Mar 2021, 09:56

I don't think that really changes anything but you can moving the folder if you want.

Post exactly what type of laptop you have and maybe that'll help. And check if normal mari0 works: https://stabyourself.net/mari0/
[/quote]
I tried Normal Mari0 same, I got Asus R540MA

Loogi Carry

Post » 19 Mar 2021, 10:00

god help.png
god help.png (405.09 KiB) Viewed 342799 times

alesan99

Post » 19 Mar 2021, 14:15

Loogi Carry wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 09:56
I tried Normal Mari0 same, I got Asus R540MA
Yeah I've honestly got no idea. I've been asking around an no one else seems to know the issue either.

You can try running it in administrator mode (right click on it and the option should be there).
You can also send me the files so i can check if your computer messed them up.

If you have an android device you can play on that, or you can download an android emulator on your computer.

Loogi Carry

Post » 19 Mar 2021, 23:11

You can try running it in administrator mode (right click on it and the option should be there).
You can also send me the files so i can check if your computer messed them up.

If you have an android device you can play on that, or you can download an android emulator on your computer.
[/quote]

Ok I'm gonna send you these files on your (where beacuse I don't have your e-mail or something (do you have discord if yes here is mine Loogi Carry#7720 ) )