[UPDATE 13.1] Alesan99's Entities (Clear Pipes, Tracks, & more!)

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
TheSkullCreeper!

Post » 19 Nov 2019, 20:31

Maybe add custom music for the title screen.

Britdan

Post » 19 Nov 2019, 23:09

YO BOI, NEW PAGE

Qwerbey

Post » 19 Nov 2019, 23:33

TheSkullCreeper! wrote:
19 Nov 2019, 20:31
I'm going to go out of my way to say that's a bad idea. It would make scrolling through the mappack list a discordant mess.

TheSkullCreeper!

Post » 20 Nov 2019, 22:15

QwertymanO07 wrote:
19 Nov 2019, 23:33
TheSkullCreeper! wrote:
19 Nov 2019, 20:31
I'm going to go out of my way to say that's a bad idea. It would make scrolling through the mappack list a discordant mess.
I meant optional customizable music for just the title screen, not the Mappack selection.

I'd also love an entity for scroll stop.

alesan99

Post » 20 Nov 2019, 22:30

TheSkullCreeper! wrote:
20 Nov 2019, 22:15
I'd also love an entity for scroll stop.
The camera is controlled with the animation system.

Evan.F

Post » 20 Nov 2019, 23:00

I'm making a really hard mappack, about 7 levels long. Would you like to put it in as DLC
grassland.PNG
grassland.PNG (14.26 KiB) Viewed 8295 times
beach.PNG
beach.PNG (15.71 KiB) Viewed 8295 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (17.11 KiB) Viewed 8295 times
Crystals.PNG
Crystals.PNG (15.71 KiB) Viewed 8295 times
mountain.PNG
mountain.PNG (16.91 KiB) Viewed 8295 times

NH1507

Post » 21 Nov 2019, 01:56

looks fun. ;)

Evan.F

Post » 22 Nov 2019, 20:51

emm Aiden
wait what.PNG
wait what.PNG (22.55 KiB) Viewed 8263 times

alesan99

Post » 23 Nov 2019, 16:02

ok but no one noticed raccoon mario had a hat in the original picture

Evan.F

Post » 23 Nov 2019, 17:17

alesan99 wrote:
23 Nov 2019, 16:02
wait that meant something?

NH1507

Post » 23 Nov 2019, 18:11

alesan99 wrote:
i did

JordanBotelho323

Post » 23 Nov 2019, 18:28

alesan99 wrote:
That and/or no one noticed that in game, Raccoon Mario doesn’t wear a hat.

Britdan

Post » 23 Nov 2019, 18:50

Evan.F wrote:
22 Nov 2019, 20:51
emm Aidenwait what.PNG
fucking sue him
na jk, it's ok, sure he is a fucking scumbag but it only took me 5 mins and i don't care enough to ask him to change it.

Evan.F

Post » 23 Nov 2019, 21:32

We all saw the hat, we (well I did at least) just didn't think it was of important.

alesan99

Post » 23 Nov 2019, 23:05

but what if i didnt see the hat and accidentally leaked it
jk heres a better look
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (4.21 KiB) Viewed 8227 times

Evan.F

Post » 23 Nov 2019, 23:17

looks interesting, is there other things your thinking of adding. I was wondering about the idea of 1/2 tiles, bumper, a bumper collison property, and SMM2 things that aren't In the game yet. Also adding some of the cheats as features in the editor (e.g. Cappy, bullet time, Minecraft)

Britdan

Post » 23 Nov 2019, 23:28

Evan.F wrote:
23 Nov 2019, 23:17
looks interesting, is there other things your thinking of adding. I was wondering about the idea of 1/2 tiles, bumper, a bumper collison property, and SMM2 things that aren't In the game yet. Also adding some of the cheats as features in the editor (e.g. Cappy, bullet time, Minecraft)
Half blocks can be done with custom enemy's, springs are close enough to bumpers. Twisters are not too interesting, claws are difficult. 3d world stuff for obvious reasons are not possible. More options for Minecraft and cappy could be interesting...

Evan.F

Post » 23 Nov 2019, 23:49

Aidan wrote:
23 Nov 2019, 23:28
Evan.F wrote:
Half blocks can be done with custom enemy's, springs are close enough to bumpers. Twisters are not too interesting, claws are difficult. 3d world stuff for obvious reasons are not possible. More options for Minecraft and cappy could be interesting...
bumpers push on all sides, the springs dont. I would rather have spring and bumper properties in order to make enenmies like bumpty (bumper) and Fly Guy (spring). being able to set the bounciness could be fun too

alesan99

Post » 24 Nov 2019, 00:19

12.1 is mostly gonna be a stability/quality of life update

JordanBotelho323

Post » 24 Nov 2019, 03:28

Aidan wrote:
23 Nov 2019, 23:28
3d world stuff for obvious reasons are not possible.
Evan.F wrote:
... and SMM2 things that aren't In the game yet.
Here are the 3D world items, and their eligibility to be in Mari0.

Overall: They need custom SMB1 sprites, as they are exclusive to the 3D World theme. Some of these items are not possible due to the fact that it’ll be incompatible for a 2D theme.

Clear Pipe - Probably very hard, if not impossible. Not only you need a pathing function like Snake Blocks, but players, fireballs, and enemies would have to go through it as well.

Spike Block - The yellow periodic ones could probably be made from animated tiles or Custom Enemies. On/Off variants would have to have red, blue, green, and yellow variants, meaning that the yellow periodic ones would probably not be added.

Super Bell - A complicated powerup, as it has the function to climb up walls (might not be compatible with Purple Gel), pouncing, and diving in the air.

Super Hammer - In theory, you need two custom power ups for its functions, and wait until the update where Custom Enemies could be picked up. Might easily be combined to one powerup. The controls might be the biggest problem, though in the original, the button combination for picking up boxes is rudimentary already. Physics for boxes are possible.

Ant Trooper - Considering that Spike Tops already exist, it seems to be possible. All you need to do is to make then not kill you when you stomp on it, and when you do stomp on it, have it so that they’ll not be killed by it.

Horned Ant Trooper - Probably a bit hard considering that it’s only stoppable on the sides. Otherwise it’ll be a clone of the Spike Tops.

Skipsqueak - It jumps dependent on player input. Not sure how hard that’ll be, but it’ll serve as a unique enemy. Or Alesan99 would add the “playerjumps” transformation trigger.

Spiny Skipsqueak - Like the Skipsqueak, but you cannot stomp on it.

Stingby- Could probably be made as a custom enemy. All it does is that it flies around, until it spots the player, in which it follows you.

Piranha Creeper - Same pathing problem as the Clear Pipe. At least it doesn’t need enemies, players, etc to travel through.

Fire Bro - Already added, and the Heavy variant could easily be made as a custom enemy. Probably the reason why the “shakesground” property is added in the first place.

Hop-Chops - They’re like springs, but they chase you when you’re near, and can kill you.

Peepa - Could easily be made as a custom enemy. Probably the reason why the “circle” movement is added.

Meowser - Very complex. Probably not compatible with the 2D environment, as he jumps out of the level, and climbs in.

Pom Pom - Probably hard, yet possible. The hard part is actually the smoke teleportation, as one, it’s screen dependent, and two, she searches for ground in this state. Also, it’s copies disappear when she is damaged. A mock up with the basic things, such as a simpler teleportation, copies, etc could be added as a custom enemy.

Charvaargh - Strange hitbox, and is incompatible with the 2D environment.

Bully - Simple behavior, just that instead of killing you, it bumps you when you hit its side.

Porcupuffer - Would probably be replaced with the Boss Bass, as it has an 8-bit sprite, and it makes more logical sense. It’s underwater variant can almost be replicated as a custom enemy, however there is no property to instakill you yet, and even then, Porcupuffers do not instantly kill you at all sides.

Koopa Troopa Car - Probably hard to make. Horn not needed. Considering that Yoshi exists, my hopes are not all the way down yet.

Front Facing Banzai Bills - Not compatible with the 2D environment.

Warp Box - Considering doors, it is certainly possible. It’ll actually be a very unique thing, as it is one way, and you can enter it while it’s levitating. It probably has to respawn to be more fair for multiplayer.

Warp Box (With Key) - Like the Warp Box, but you need a key.

Red Pow Block - You cannot pick it up. Would probably be unique, as it kills enemies in a limited radius, and destroys brick blocks in that same radius.

Cloud Lift - Retexture the normal lift.

Crate - When Custom Enemies could be picked up, it is possible. You can even do the physics, as floating in water is already a property.

! Block - Same problem as the Clear Pipe and Piranha Creeper. Is limited due to the fact that you cannot ground pound.

Blinking Block - Is possible to be made as an animated tile.

Track Block - Out of all of the entities requiring paths, this might be the easiest one to be added. Not saying much, as I think the other three aforementioned ones are very hard or impossible to be added.

Tree - Considering the glitch where you can put 3D World items in 2D themes, the behavior in the SMB1 theme is practically like an invisible vine, meaning that it could be made as a custom tile.

Mushroom Trampoline. Considering other trampolines/springs, it might be possible. Would be unique, as it is a semisolid trampoline, and that the orange ones move.

As for other items:

Hard Block - As a tile property. Like the Brick Blocks, but cannot be broken in all of the same methods, only some.

Music Block - That’ll be a ton of musical instruments, not to mention Custom Enemies. Would probably also be useless, as Note Block properties are already added.

Big Coins - The reason why coin values are added as Custom Enemies.

Pink Coins - Collectables are the closest things to Pink Coins. Probably not too necessary.

Big Mushroom - While Big Mario and Big Mushrooms already exist as an invincibility powerup, this is notably unique, as you don’t kill enemies by running into them, and it’s permanent.

Propeller Mushroom - Mario’s movement would probably be the easy part. All he does is get a boost up, and slowly falls. The hard part is the movement of the power up.

Rotten Mushroom - Can be added as a Custom Enemy. Would not have the squash movement.

Big Red Yoshi’s Egg - Yoshi already exists, and the only difference is that he shoots a longer ranged projectile.

Galoomba - Considering Bob-Ombs, this could be easy enough to be added.

Goombud - Like the Galoomba, but it cannot fall off of cliffs.

Blue Spike Top - Like the Spike Top, but faster.

Jumping Piranha Plant - Might be added as a Custom Enemy.

Bowser Jr. - Might be added as a Custom Enemy, though pretty complex.

Moon - I am pretty sure Alesan99 said that the moon wouldn’t be added.

Koopa Clown Car - Like the Big Cloud, but with collision, and it’s permanent.

Fire Koopa Clown Car - Like the Koopa Clown Car, but other shoots projectiles. If power up state is 3 (Fire Flower), it shoots three projectiles.

Banzai Bill - Could be easily added as a Custom Enemy.

Bull’s-Eye Banzai - Could be easily added as a Custom Enemy. Probably the reason why “homing” movement exists.

Twister - They’re like the funnels from Portal, but they move, and have a limited radius. Might not be too useful.

Arrow Sign - Could be made as either a custom tile, or a custom enemy.

Checkpoint Flag - Would be interesting, as it’ll clearly mark a checkpoint, and it could supply with a power up, though it is otherwise a visual cue of a checkpoint.

Lava Lift - Mario Maker Counterparts might be added as Custom Enemies. The hard part would be when it’s falling.

Fast Lava Lift - Easier to make as a Custom enemy than the slow counterparts due to the fact that they do not fall off.

Grinders - Could easily be added as a Custom Enemy.

Bumper - Could either be added as it’s own entity, as as a Custom Enemy property.

Swinging Claw - Probably too hard to be added.

One-Way Wall - Could be easily added as a Custom Enemy. The reason why the “ignoresleftcollide” property is added.

Sloped Conveyor Belts - If slopes are already hard and buggy, imagine how hard and buggy Sloped Conveyor Belts are.

Track - Probably very hard.

Stone - Useless because Mario can not pick things up.

Toad - Useless because there is no clear conditions. Would also be hard for the Toads to mimic the actions Mario does, and it’ll probably be laggy with a lot of them.

alesan99

Post » 24 Nov 2019, 04:35

Yeah that sounds about right
Conceptually claws aren't that hard, even with the swinging physics. I just don't like doing stuff that manipulates enemies because there's just too many of them (I still get cappy bug reports to this day)

I've made skipsqeaks tho
skipsqueak.zip
(2.64 KiB) Downloaded 201 times

Evan.F

Post » 24 Nov 2019, 09:18

alesan99 wrote:
24 Nov 2019, 04:35
Yeah that sounds about right
Conceptually claws aren't that hard, even with the swinging physics. I just don't like doing stuff that manipulates enemies because there's just too many of them (I still get cappy bug reports to this day)

I've made skipsqeaks tho
skipsqueak.zip
I wouldn't mind having stones be pushblocks, claws not affecting enemies, squash being an animation property, and I feel the propeller suit is easy to replicate

wait a minute Mario CAN pick stuff up in Mari0 (look at the companion cube)

Evan.F

Post » 24 Nov 2019, 10:24

I also just found out that there is graphics for clear pipes in the SMW forest theme. There are also sprites of these on MFGG and TSR. I would also like to help with making these assets.

Evan.F

Post » 24 Nov 2019, 12:19

also...
JordanBotelho323 wrote:
24 Nov 2019, 03:28
Stingby- Could probably be made as a custom enemy. All it does is that it flies around, until it spots the player, in which it follows you.
It's not Probable, I made and released the code for stingby. also I'm making sprites for these.

Evan.F

Post » 24 Nov 2019, 12:49

smm2 assets for AE.png
smm2 assets for AE.png (6.77 KiB) Viewed 8200 times
here's some designs. a lot of these I made during the development of the last update, but there's also new ones.

Evan.F

Post » 24 Nov 2019, 16:03

here's the full sheet
smm2 assets for AE.png
smm2 assets for AE.png (22.41 KiB) Viewed 8192 times
Contains
Phanto
Mushroom block (looks better with standard mushroom pallete)
Fire Snake (has multiple parts)
Flame chomp (has multiple parts)
Green Spiny (physics dont work with custom enemies. non-lakitu version that behaves like the Rollers from sonic 1/ sonic mania cound be cool)
Chest (interesting container entity, could be used in theming a level/mappack)
Spin platform (spins in place, bouncing Mario around)
Dinos (really hard to make with custom enemies, I can testify)
Hammer suit
Cat suit
bubble (container, pops when touched)
Mushroom Trampoline
Hop-Chops
Crate
Warp Box
! block
Clear Pipe

*this was the bit I had the most fun making*

Galoomba (I'm not sure why he's not in yet)
Goombud
Ant trooper
Spikey Cheep Cheep (could be made using custom enemies, but it only homes along the y axis andonly in close range
Stingby (just for those who want to use SM16's Stingby here's an 8-bit sprite)
Propeller suit
golden koopa (homes in on mario after being sent into shell)
Piranah Creepers
Blockhopper (fun enemy, interesting platform, maby a scale like setting for blocks)
Ice bubble (leaps out, dies upon touching anyhing (probably would work with custom enemies)
That coil platform from airships
pokio (fun enemy)
tilting mushroom
Last edited by Evan.F on 24 Nov 2019, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.

alesan99

Post » 24 Nov 2019, 16:13

Evan.F wrote:
24 Nov 2019, 09:18
I wouldn't mind having stones be pushblocks, claws not affecting enemies, squash being an animation property, and I feel the propeller suit is easy to replicate
Hell would break loose if I added claws that can only grab mario. They're already pretty limited without tracks, they would be next to useless unless you wanted to make a swinging vine level.

btw i think piranha creepers are lit and one of the few things I'm actually interested in adding. they were supposed to be added alongside snake blocks in v12, so maybe look forward to that?

NH1507

Post » 24 Nov 2019, 17:42

stone.png
stone.png (856 Bytes) Viewed 8185 times
I think the stones could work actually pretty easily.
Use the E (or whatever the 'grab' key is assigned to) key to pick it up
when it's held, it slows you down and limits your jump, but can be used to squash enemies and such

Edit: the bubble from when a player dies in multiplayer would be sick, or the spawner thingy that glows and is a circle, unsure of what its called

Evan.F

Post » 24 Nov 2019, 18:46

NH1507 wrote:
24 Nov 2019, 17:42
stone.png
I think the stones could work actually pretty easily.
Use the E (or whatever the 'grab' key is assigned to) key to pick it up
when it's held, it slows you down and limits your jump, but can be used to squash enemies and such

Edit: the bubble from when a player dies in multiplayer would be sick, or the spawner thingy that glows and is a circle, unsure of what its called
I was thinking a container for enemies and items,like the galoombas in SMW, but it would be cool to have bubbles and spawners in the game, possibly as a host option to set the respawn style.

Britdan

Post » 24 Nov 2019, 18:50

warp boxes WHILE FUCKING DIFFICULT! i have remade in the game. unfortunately due to computer fuckery i have lost it (as well as tons of other shit) i might remake if you really want them.

TheSkullCreeper!

Post » 24 Nov 2019, 20:12

I have Propeller Mario sprites from a fan game. I'll post them next time I'm on a computer.

Qwerbey

Post » 25 Nov 2019, 01:49

To be honest, I think Pneumatic Diversity Vents from Portal would be a better idea than clear pipes, while still serving a similar niche.

TheSkullCreeper!

Post » 25 Nov 2019, 19:18

deleted
Last edited by TheSkullCreeper! on 27 Nov 2019, 16:41, edited 2 times in total.

craftersshaftstuff

Post » 27 Nov 2019, 00:06

wait a minute that stuff's from multiverse, you can't do that

Evan.F

Post » 27 Nov 2019, 00:29

craftersshaftstuff wrote:
27 Nov 2019, 00:06
wait a minute that stuff's from multiverse, you can't do that
Most of Mario multiverse's objects were made by other people for unrelated purposes.

SubPixuru

Post » 27 Nov 2019, 03:01

Has anyone tried to make Jumping Piranhas yet?

Evan.F

Post » 27 Nov 2019, 09:16

SubPixuru wrote:
27 Nov 2019, 03:01
sort of...

TheSkullCreeper!

Post » 27 Nov 2019, 16:42

I'll just make my own Propeller Mario sprites.

Britdan

Post » 27 Nov 2019, 19:29

SubPixuru wrote:
27 Nov 2019, 03:01
you mean the onnes from mario world

Evan.F

Post » 27 Nov 2019, 19:40

I think he does

Britdan

Post » 27 Nov 2019, 19:44

Evan.F wrote:
27 Nov 2019, 19:40
I think he does
That's great I acctualy have one

Evan.F

Post » 27 Nov 2019, 23:53

Aidan wrote:
27 Nov 2019, 19:44
Evan.F wrote:
I think he does
great.

Also update on the brutal Mario mappack, I'm working on the last level at the moment
What should I call it.

SubPixuru

Post » 28 Nov 2019, 00:56

Aidan wrote:
27 Nov 2019, 19:44
Evan.F wrote:
I think he does
Huh. Interesting.

canyoupleasesendthefilesiwouldverymuchappreciateit

Evan.F

Post » 29 Nov 2019, 09:54

The Great Gauntlet.zip
(35.31 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
Here it is. It's seven levels long. The reward at the end is valuable

edit: I fixed the Author ( I think)

alesan99

Post » 02 Dec 2019, 14:19

Before someone suggests stuff from the new smm2 update, it'll be coming in v12.1 probably

Britdan

Post » 02 Dec 2019, 19:00

alesan99 wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 14:19
Before someone suggests stuff from the new smm2 update, it'll be coming in v12.1 probably
add spike plz

Evan.F

Post » 02 Dec 2019, 19:13

Add circles to the game plz

JordanBotelho323

Post » 02 Dec 2019, 20:32

alesan99 wrote:
All I am asking would be how the Master Sword is going to work with all of these complex mechanics, if it is going to be added.

Evan.F

Post » 02 Dec 2019, 20:38

I didn't know the new update existed.

jermboy27

Post » 03 Dec 2019, 03:59

alesan99 wrote:
Can you add Sideways Piranha Plants to the mod? There's only ones that go up and go down.