[UPDATE 13.1] Alesan99's Entities (Clear Pipes, Tracks, & more!)

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
Britdan

Post » 15 Nov 2018, 22:09

TheBraveSackboy wrote:Weird glitch: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... -09-32.mp4
yep, same here too, was just about to post it
ohhh new page

alesan99

Post » 15 Nov 2018, 23:18

TheBraveSackboy wrote:Weird glitch: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... -09-32.mp4
Yea don't use slopes unless you absolutely have to

NH1507

Post » 16 Nov 2018, 01:42

wooooo fifty third page!
alesan99 wrote:
I wrote:the animations tab from se
Im planning to add them in the next update
yay 'cause it looks pretty cooooool!
alesan99 wrote:
I wrote:ability to make tiles that work like this (unless you already have this tile property covered)
That's not a tile property. That was made with animated tiles by switching the foreground property, so it's already possible.
how exactly do you do this? like this? (this is an example, i have no idea)
somethin like this:..?

Code: Select all

delay=123,500
tileproperty=foreground,blank
also i said something like this before
I wrote:I'm making a inverted smb mappack. If i post it could you make it dlc?
but i'm making a fun minigame mappack. it is that you have to stomp on enemies to get lives and the farther you get in levels the harder the game gets. i'll pm you and you could maybe see about adding it to dlc? it's pretty close to done btw (just need a few more levels)

when you get out of bounds (as far as i know, from knockback cheat and using cappy to bring a captured enemy oob) you die, so maybe if you do get oob you could just teleport to the nearest block, instead of death? it might be a bit less annoying for people who just play around w/ stuff
Last edited by NH1507 on 16 Nov 2018, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.

alesan99

Post » 16 Nov 2018, 04:12

SMG4ISCOOL wrote:how exactly do you do this? like this? (this is an example, i have no idea)
somethin like this:..?

delay=123,500
tileproperty=foreground,blank
SE animated tiles are supported so all you have to do is define the properties with pixels like you do with normal tilesets.

just send over the mappack when you're finished
SMG4ISCOOL wrote:when you get out of bounds (as far as i know, from knockback cheat and using cappy to bring a captured enemy oob) you die, so maybe if you do get oob you could just teleport to the nearest block, instead of death? it might be a bit less annoying for people who just play around w/ stuff
Only falling kills you, you might be just clipping through the level borders when you're going that fast.
As I've said before, cheat-related stuff isn't high priority. But if it's an easy fix it'll be patched.

NH1507

Post » 16 Nov 2018, 05:22

I was using the bullettime as well as cappy cheats when I closed the game (well I believe I was using cappy. you will find out below.) When I turned it on again everything was slow, like I still had the cheat on. When I played the game, it took a while, and when game would normally start, I came up with a bug:
Error

cappy.lua:42: attempt to index a nil value

Traceback

main.lua:2956: in function '__index'
cappy.lua:42: in function 'init'
class.lua:41: in function 'new'
mario.lua:264: in function 'init'
game.lua:3545: in function 'startlevel'
levelscreen.lua:190: in function 'levelscreen_update'
main.lua:1424: in function 'update'
[string "boot.lua"]:464: in function <[string "boot.lua"]:436>
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
I know you've said that cheat-related stuff isn't high priority, but yeah, I don't exactly know what caused this, so yeah, ...
also my custom character was missing the red and brown colors, and looked like default mario.

Britdan

Post » 16 Nov 2018, 16:40

i was starting to make tiles for may new mari0 64 mappackand i was wondering if there was any way to make slabs(half blocks) in mari0:AE

alesan99

Post » 16 Nov 2018, 16:46

aidanTP wrote:i was starting to make tiles for may new mari0 64 mappackand i was wondering if there was any way to make slabs(half blocks) in mari0:AE
Create a custom enemy with a size of 1x.5 that doesn't hurt the player.

NH1507

Post » 16 Nov 2018, 18:22

Hey is there such thing as an animated background/foreground?
Also could you answer my above question pls.

Britdan

Post » 16 Nov 2018, 21:32

alesan99 wrote:
aidanTP wrote:i was starting to make tiles for may new mari0 64 mappackand i was wondering if there was any way to make slabs(half blocks) in mari0:AE
Create a custom enemy with a size of 1x.5 that doesn't hurt the player.
thanks

NH1507

Post » 16 Nov 2018, 22:32

hello! i have found the files and realized that some textures were missing. some of them were minecraft gui, "no icon" texture, etc.
i'll post it... once i can...
could you add these to the custom > graphics tab?

Britdan

Post » 16 Nov 2018, 23:01

SMG4ISCOOL wrote:hello! i have found the files and realized that some textures were missing. some of them were minecraft gui, "no icon" texture, etc.
if your talking about adding your own icon its in the tools tab and you drag your new icon on the img that says "NO ICON"
and i dont know why you would want to change the minecraft gui

NH1507

Post » 16 Nov 2018, 23:51

aidanTP wrote:
SMG4ISCOOL wrote:hello! i have found the files and realized that some textures were missing. some of them were minecraft gui, "no icon" texture, etc.
if your talking about adding your own icon its in the tools tab and you drag your new icon on the img that says "NO ICON"
and i dont know why you would want to change the minecraft gui
what I mean is basically every texture in custom > graphics, instead of 80% of it.
(also if you want to know how i got the files i went on linux computer and opened the exe with archive manager instead of wine)
and also i know about changing the icon, you do what you said or making an "icon.png" in the mappack's folder

alesan99

Post » 17 Nov 2018, 01:13

It was never meant to have all the textures, only the ones that matter during regular gameplay.
SMG4ISCOOL wrote:Hey is there such thing as an animated background/foreground?
Also could you answer my above question pls.
animated backgrounds are a part of SE animations, which aren't implemented yet
And I don't see a question. Unless you mean your character changing colors, which you'll have to either post your character or wait for the next update.

NH1507

Post » 17 Nov 2018, 01:51

alesan99 wrote:
I wrote: Also could you answer my above question pls.
I don't see a question. Unless you mean your character changing colors, which you'll have to either post your character or wait for the next update.
I wasn't talking about that, i was talking about a bug with bullettime (and possibly cappy, as shown in the bug below) but here's
that I wrote:I was using the bullettime as well as cappy cheats when I closed the game (well I believe I was using cappy. you will find out below.) When I turned it on again everything was slow, like I still had the cheat on. When I played the game, it took a while, and when game would normally start, I came up with a bug:

cappy.lua:42: attempt to index a nil value

Traceback

cappy.lua:42: in function 'init'
mario.lua:264: in function 'init'
game.lua:3545: in function 'startlevel'
levelscreen.lua:190: in function 'levelscreen_update'
main.lua:1424: in function 'update'
[string "boot.lua"]:464: in function <[string "boot.lua"]:436>
[C]: in function 'xpcall'

I know you've said that cheat-related stuff isn't high priority, but yeah, I don't exactly know what caused this, so yeah, ...
also the one of my custom characters that i was using was missing the red and brown colors, and looked like default mario.
also is there a way to post a google drive account here? i don't really want to make an mediafire or dropbox account or some other account like that(i'm too lazy)and i probally wouldn't know how anyway

alesan99

Post » 17 Nov 2018, 02:00

SMG4ISCOOL wrote:I wasn't talking about that, i was talking about a bug with bullettime (and possibly cappy, as shown in the bug below) but here's
Well that wasn't really phrased as question. The cappy bug has been reported before and it's fixed in the next update.
And all you have to do is scroll again so bullet time is off.
SMG4ISCOOL wrote:also is there a way to post a google drive account here? i don't really want to make an mediafire or dropbox account or some other account like that(i'm too lazy)and i probally wouldn't know how anyway
Just google some site that doesn't require an account. I think this should work: https://www.file.io/

NH1507

Post » 17 Nov 2018, 02:47

alesan99 wrote:I think this should work: https://www.file.io/
cool, that might work, i haven't tried it yet.
also i deleted the not-working character's texture files D:
but here's what it looked like: https://file.io/8lRe7X
also i'm glad to say that it worked. Apparently now it gives a 404 for some unknown reason, like alesan99 said
Last edited by NH1507 on 17 Nov 2018, 03:44, edited 1 time in total.

alesan99

Post » 17 Nov 2018, 03:09

SMG4ISCOOL wrote:but here's what it looked like: https://file.io/8lRe7X
also i'm glad to say that it worked.
welp it's gone now
this one doesn't delete files after they're downloaded once: https://uploadfiles.io/

NH1507

Post » 17 Nov 2018, 03:27

alesan99 wrote:
SMG4ISCOOL wrote:but here's what it looked like: https://file.io/8lRe7X
also i'm glad to say that it worked.
welp it's gone now
this one doesn't delete files after they're downloaded once: https://uploadfiles.io/
*groan* here you go. https://ufile.io/hrxoq this website says that the image will dissapear after a month, fyi

wow does my computer crash a lot! here's a bug that i don't understand, that literally comes up once i start the game (right after .luas and enemies are loaded)
[collapse= ]Error

main.lua:1908: attempt to index a nil value

Traceback

main.lua:1908: in function 'defaultcustomtext'
main.lua:1821: in function 'loadcustomtext'
main.lua:308: in function 'load
[string "boot.lua"]:440: in function <[string "boot.lua"]:436>
[C]: in function 'xpcall'[/collapse]
also does the "[C]" in crash reports mean where the crash is?

NH1507

Post » 17 Nov 2018, 21:28

Here is some
Bullies. (Sorta like a Bob-Omb, but when you interact with it it pushes you)
Some people have talked about grabbing items. (P-Switch, for example) You could use the E key (or whatever it's assigned to) to grab.
Story-like entities, like MIPS the rabbit and Power Stars / Shine Sprites.
Galoombas. They don't die when you stomp on them, instead they get "stunned". You can pick them up when stunned. When "stunned" they can also be kicked around upon touch.
Flying Galoombas. (This is one I made up) They fly up and down, like a red para-troopa, and when stomped they turn to regular goombas.
Goomba Troopa (This is one I made up) Sort of like a Koopa Troopa, but it's a goomba with a shell, and spins around (like a normal koopa) in a shell.
changeable bonus platform size
Para-Galoombas. They have a parachute and turn to regular galoombas when touching the ground.
Balloon Goombas.
Red and Blue POW blocks. Kill on-screen enemies, and red ones break surrounding blocks. Can be thrown. (Maybe if thrown at a player via multiplayer, it kills/damages them! >:D)
Custom world map?????? (maybe tooo hard)
minus world in level editor > maps (i know that others have suggested this, it might be a little hard but not too hard)
QCode's (at least i think it was qcode's) online multiplayer had nickname saving due to a "savenick.txt". Could your online multiplayer do something similar?
"all night nippon mario bros" startup sound (what i mean is the sound when clicking the title) as well as nippon title texture and star/piranha/goomba/toad/peach/castleflag nippon texture
when in nippon mode paragoombas/big/tiny goombas/dry goombas have nippon texture, as well as upside down prihana plants
where scale is in menu "square" size option to replicate crt televisions even more (cause why not?)
4 and 5 scale size
fire flower powerup (what i mean is even if you are little mario it will be a fire flower, not a mushroom)
Baby Yoshis, that work as they do in NSMBU
Grey/Gray Coins
Berries
Dragon Coins
Keys and Keyholes, the way they work in SMW
Grey/Gray P-Switches
Grab/Pickup-able Blocks that can be thrown and dissapear after a certain (maybe choosable via right click menu) amount of time, as well as flash when held
Boo Blocks
Blargg
Bubbles and Steelies
Beach Koopas/Shell-less Koopas
Blue Coins (appear when P-Switch is triggered)
Kamikaze/Invincible Koopas
Boo Swarm
Chainsaw (maybe right click to change direction)
Ukiki/Monkey
Grinders
Tracks (as they work in SMM)
Mystery/Costume Mushrooms
Change the Title Screen to as it works in SMM (click on M does stuff, same as A, R, I, and portal-O, and the goomba still changes to nippon mode)
Pink Coins
Hachisuke from SMBS
Wings (as they work in SMM, by putting it on "something" that "something" will fly)
Sideway Springs
Hard Mode from SMB
Item Storage (could be an option, like underwater)
Columns (could copy and edit skewers' code)
Fishing Lakitu
Change "lakito" > "lakitu", change "spikey" > "spiny", "p button" > "p-switch", "lava ball" > "podoboo" / "lava bubble", "big cloud" > "cloud" / "lakitu's cloud", "stretch" > "stretch boo", "goomba shoe" > "kuribo's shoe"
pedestals can give you a pickaxe from minecraft, or remove portal gun. list could look like this > "both, 1 only, 2 only, gel, none, minecraft"
option (like underwater) to disable backtracking
like how you can choose between flagpole and axe, this thing as a level completer as well
Bowser Jr. (could use SMM sprite)
P-Balloon
Fuzzies
Bowser Statues (spit fire at you)
Pipe Lakitu
Mechakoopas
Para-Bombs (have parachute)
Porcupuffer/Big Fish That Tries To Eat You So It Is Really Dangerous So Stay Away From It...
Rex
Swoopers
Super/Flying Koopas
Sumo Bro (stomps ground, and fire appears on ground)
Zigzag Podoboos/Lava Bubble (bounces off of walls)
Koopa Clown Cars and Fire Clown Cars
When using the tail/cape/ice flower/hammer suit when you take damage you go to small mario, not big/super mario
and possibly more to come
Last edited by NH1507 on 18 Nov 2018, 23:31, edited 15 times in total.

alesan99

Post » 17 Nov 2018, 22:28

SMG4ISCOOL wrote:also, could someone post a fix for the above bug? i can't play mari0 at all now! DD:
redownload. The character's name is going to be bugged but whatever

NH1507

Post » 17 Nov 2018, 23:03

alesan99 wrote: redownload. The character's name is going to be bugged but whatever
thx it worked and also the characters' names are the same.

Marlee_Goat

Post » 19 Nov 2018, 23:21

simply all I have to say is: wut

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... -19-18.mp4

mind you, I didn't put ANY tile property on these sprites

alesan99

Post » 20 Nov 2018, 00:13

TheBraveSackboy wrote:mind you, I didn't put ANY tile property on these sprites
There's definitely some misaligned sprites/misplaced pixels then.
I noticed that the bottom border of that painting is only two pixels, despite all the other borders being 3 pixels.
That extra row of pixels is activating all of the bottom tile properties.

Marlee_Goat

Post » 20 Nov 2018, 22:45

alesan99 wrote:
TheBraveSackboy wrote:mind you, I didn't put ANY tile property on these sprites
There's definitely some misaligned sprites/misplaced pixels then.
I noticed that the bottom border of that painting is only two pixels, despite all the other borders being 3 pixels.
That extra row of pixels is activating all of the bottom tile properties.
Hmm, thanks.

JordanBotelho323

Post » 21 Nov 2018, 01:41

I'm here to tell some things about Cappy and Custom Enemies.

1. What Category is Cappy in and what categories of enemies can Cappy collide with?
2. Is there a way for you to make Cappy more stable with custom enemies that transform via lifespan? If you press the action button, it will spawn a heck-ton of enemies in a short amount of time, causing some quick lag. Even a short press will make you spawn plenty of enemies.
3. Cappy won't stick to the transformed custom enemy in question when it transforms (this time in general).

Edit: Unrelated Question:
How do you post images here?

Technochips

Post » 21 Nov 2018, 02:07

JordanBotelho323 wrote:How do you post images here?
Use Imgur to quickly upload images and then use them with the [img] tag. No need to get an account.

mari9!

Post » 21 Nov 2018, 02:08

Hello Comrades
I run Linux Mint 19 and I reinstalled Love Version 0.10.0ppa1 and liblove 0.10.0, when i tried to run this:

oem@oem-OptiPlex-780:~$ '/home/oem/Downloads/alesan99s_entities_0-10-0_10/alesan99s_entities_0-10-0_10.love' 
bash: /home/oem/Downloads/alesan99s_entities_0-10-0_10/alesan99s_entities_0-10-0_10.love: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
Help pls

Technochips

Post » 21 Nov 2018, 04:05

You have to run the .love file using the "love" command, .love files aren't regular executable files.

$ love alesan99s_entities_0-10-0_10.love

mari9!

Post » 21 Nov 2018, 04:49

Technochips wrote:You have to run the .love file using the "love" command, .love files aren't regular executable files.

$ love alesan99s_entities_0-10-0_10.love
When i open i get the no game screen, and I have no idea how i would fix that

alesan99

Post » 21 Nov 2018, 15:53

JordanBotelho323 wrote:I'm here to tell some things about Cappy and Custom Enemies.
Cheats aren't high priority. They are meant to be something you mess around with for a bit, not fully fledged gameplay feature.

Cappy is in the goomba category so it can capture anything that collides with a goomba and is either a.categorized as an enemy b.killable by a hammer c.a custom enemy.
mari9! wrote:When i open i get the no game screen, and I have no idea how i would fix that
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uybhlkcz0hqwc ... x.zip?dl=1
had to remove the ae mappack

mari9!

Post » 21 Nov 2018, 21:13

alesan99 wrote:
mari9! wrote:When i open i get the no game screen, and I have no idea how i would fix that
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uybhlkcz0hqwc ... x.zip?dl=1
had to remove the ae mappack
Still get the no game screen

alesan99

Post » 21 Nov 2018, 23:27

mari9! wrote:Still get the no game screen
Guess it's an issue on your side then.
Were you able to run normal mari0?

mari9!

Post » 22 Nov 2018, 00:11

alesan99 wrote:
mari9! wrote:Still get the no game screen
Guess it's an issue on your side then.
Were you able to run normal mari0?
Had to install an entirely different version, and install some dependencies, but I finally managed to run Mari0 1.6

alesan99

Post » 22 Nov 2018, 02:11

mari9! wrote:Had to install an entirely different version, and install some dependencies, but I finally managed to run Mari0 1.6
Ye i don't know
Make sure your putting the full and correct path in the command

jermboy27

Post » 24 Nov 2018, 00:52

alesan99 wrote:
Fawfuls TNT wrote:Request: Would you please add a quicksand tile property?
I feel like this would work better as an entity, but I'll consider it.
You really did forget about the quicksand idea.

Also, I would like you to add these:
  • -Option to change individual Cannonball/Bullet Bill speed.

-Ability to have Mario go out of his Cappy form automatically when the enemy is defeated.

-Swoopers from Super Mario World
    https://www.mariowiki.com/Swoop

-Coin Battles from New Super Mario Bros. Wii

-Hachisukes and Lucky Stars from Super Mario Bros. Special

-Bumpers and Pink Coins from Super Mario Maker

[/collapse]
That's all I'd like to suggest in the next update.

MagicPillow

Post » 24 Nov 2018, 01:45

dont forget balloon goombas too

alesan99

Post » 24 Nov 2018, 04:35

jermboy27 wrote:You really did forget about the quicksand idea.
Dude I've had it written down in my TO-DO list since you first time you suggested it. No need to keep on asking, I'll add it if I have time (I have a lot of stuff on my list, I can't add it all in one update)
jermboy27 wrote:jermboy27 wrote:
-Option to change individual Cannonball/Bullet Bill speed.
Cannonballs are going to get improved in the next update, but you can use custom enemies to make different bullet bills right now.
-Ability to have Mario go out of his Cappy form automatically when the enemy is defeated.
Exit with Up+Shift
It's been fixed in the next update.
-Hachisukes and Lucky Stars from Super Mario Bros. Special
I'll consider the star. But the bee is useless aside from people who know their mario trivia.
If you need it you can make them with custom enemies or custom sprites
Last edited by alesan99 on 19 Jan 2019, 02:18, edited 2 times in total.

NH1507

Post » 24 Nov 2018, 08:22

alesan99 wrote: Exit with Up+Shift
I've tried this at least about 30 times, never worked once.
why?

alesan99

Post » 24 Nov 2018, 13:55

SMG4ISCOOL wrote:I've tried this at least about 30 times, never worked once.
why?
1. By shift I mean whatever you have the run key bound to
2. You have to be holding up when you press shift, don't release it before
3. It's Up+Shift, not shift+up as I've incorrectly stated before

Britdan

Post » 24 Nov 2018, 15:06

i have a few small ideas, i know you have a to do list like 50 pages long so this is the only suggestion this time.
one ways or 3 new tile properties to allow to make one way tiles.
saw blades and bumpers (not really that useful as bumpers are just 3x3 note blocks and a saw can just be a custom enemy.)
>>>[[customizable hud]]<<< PLEASE ADD THIS, IT DOUSE NOT HAVE TO BE THAT COMPLICATED JUST A FEW CHECK BOXES BUT PLEASE ADD THIS.
gloable counters. i am aware there is a mod that adds this but it will make my life easyer when i make my mari0 64 mappack. you could also add it as a custom hud feature.
warps that take you to other places in the level without resetting the room.
ability to skip level screens like in mari0:CE

Thats it. i will try not to suggest any more but please... ADD A CUSTOMIZABLE HUD!!!!

alesan99

Post » 24 Nov 2018, 16:12

aidanTP wrote:one ways or 3 new tile properties to allow to make one way tiles.
You could use region triggers or custom enemies
aidanTP wrote:>>>[[customizable hud]]<<< PLEASE ADD THIS, IT DOUSE NOT HAVE TO BE THAT COMPLICATED JUST A FEW CHECK BOXES BUT PLEASE ADD THIS.
Unfortunately I don't see this being anything but complicated. I doubt a few checkboxes will allow you to do what you want (I'm assuming a star counter?).
I'll be implementing the animation system so you might be able to do some foreground trickery.
aidanTP wrote:warps that take you to other places in the level without resetting the room.
This will be implemented too
aidanTP wrote:ability to skip level screens like in mari0:CE
You can skip levelscreens by pressing keys

jermboy27

Post » 24 Nov 2018, 18:18

alesan99 wrote:
Dude I've had it written down in my TO-DO list since you first time you suggested it. No need to keep on asking, I'll add it if I have time (I have a lot of stuff on my list, I can't add it all in one update)
Of course, when will this next update might be in, Christmas?

Britdan

Post » 24 Nov 2018, 18:19

thanks for the help anyways!

Britdan

Post » 24 Nov 2018, 18:20

jermboy27 wrote:
alesan99 wrote:
Of course, when will this next update might be in, Christmas?
he just made the update like a month ago, give him time.

Marlee_Goat

Post » 24 Nov 2018, 19:05

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IZK-P ... t7PxMswA3d can you add this as dlc
Just unzip it and put it in whatever folder is the dlc owo i dunno

NH1507

Post » 24 Nov 2018, 19:50

alesan99 wrote: 1. By shift I mean whatever you have the run key bound to
2. It's Up+Shift, not shift+up as I've incorrectly stated before
1: yeah i assumed that
2: ohhhhhh that makes more sense it works now
also here is more cappy things
you can throw cappy when you are ducking so you can capture enemies
and when you are in big mode this is a minor detail but cappy still has the small mario hat texture, not the big mario texture

alesan99

Post » 24 Nov 2018, 19:59

TheBraveSackboy wrote:can you add this as dlc
I just updated dlc a couple of days ago so you'll have to wait. I have to go through a complicated process in order to get it online.
And DLC has a size limit of 5MB. It help me if you could compress the music, otherwise I'll have to do it myself, and I might not have the time to do that before christmas.
Meanwhile you could try polishing it a bit more, I noticed some levels have default ground, enemy spam, and really loud music.
SMG4ISCOOL wrote:also here is more cappy things
I won't be doing anything more cappy unless there's crashes. Cheats aren't high priority.

NH1507

Post » 26 Nov 2018, 22:27

alesan99 wrote: I just updated dlc a couple of days ago
cool, i tried the 1 up 2, its hard. i had downloaded the 1 up 2 before you added it to dlc.

Britdan

Post » 27 Nov 2018, 00:08

please add the animated tile trigger to the next version.

alesan99

Post » 27 Nov 2018, 00:16

aidanTP wrote:please add the animated tile trigger to the next version.
It's coming with animations