Streaming game development: https://www.twitch.tv/stabyourself Image

[UPDATE] Alesan99's Entities (Online Multiplayer, custom enemies, & more!)

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
Fawfuls TNT
Posts: 27
Joined: 07 Aug 2017, 07:18
Reputation: 3

Post » 18 Sep 2017, 17:07

I LÖVE LUA wrote:
FuriousHedgehog wrote:
alesan99 wrote:PROGRESS UPDATE
Image
I got a little carried away and I worked on other things other than online multiplayer.
SE custom enemies have now been implemented, along with some other things.

I see that you finally put the Goomba shoe. Wiggler, (Idk the third sprite), a missile bill(?) and the SMM Boo.

I hope that you can add a option that can able Mario to grab things like in SMB3 or SMW, I already know that the mod is based most of all on SMB but that option can be actually a good thing for Mappacks.


I think the third sprite is Kamek/Magikoopa.


There also appears to be a blooper nanny sprite.

jermboy27
Posts: 60
Joined: 28 Oct 2012, 02:16
Reputation: 6

Post » 18 Sep 2017, 18:07

Hey Aleasn99? Would you also add Big Berthas too?

RealGabdhhf
Posts: 49
Joined: 16 Jul 2017, 21:45
Reputation: 13

Post » 18 Sep 2017, 22:17

Wow! It's nice to have some super Mario maker items in mari0!

RealGabdhhf
Posts: 49
Joined: 16 Jul 2017, 21:45
Reputation: 13

Post » 18 Sep 2017, 22:40

Fawfuls TNT wrote:
I LÖVE LUA wrote:
FuriousHedgehog wrote:I see that you finally put the Goomba shoe. Wiggler, (Idk the third sprite), a missile bill(?) and the SMM Boo.

I hope that you can add a option that can able Mario to grab things like in SMB3 or SMW, I already know that the mod is based most of all on SMB but that option can be actually a good thing for Mappacks.


I think the third sprite is Kamek/Magikoopa.


There also appears to be a blooper nanny sprite.


I think at custom is not new entities, but probably iideas for custom entities anyone can import,
I see a new fire flower? A hammer, maybe lakitu throwing custom items, a giant fireball thing, idk what's that black ball with blue between of blue koopa and black koopa, a black koopa, a boomerang, that wierd red line, a improved blue fish? A little exploding thing, wings, a sideways prahnah plant, a wrench, a yellow koopa, the SMB and Objects has changed a letter, that's all I see I think.

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1671
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 315
Contact:

Post » 18 Sep 2017, 23:02

RealGabdhhf wrote:I think at custom is not new entities, but probably iideas for custom entities anyone can import,
I see a new fire flower? A hammer, maybe lakitu throwing custom items, a giant fireball thing, idk what's that black ball with blue between of blue koopa and black koopa, a black koopa, a boomerang, that wierd red line, a improved blue fish? A little exploding thing, wings, a sideways prahnah plant, a wrench, a yellow koopa, the SMB and Objects has changed a letter, that's all I see I think.

Those are just enemies from my enemy packs I released for Mari0 SE: http://forum.stabyourself.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4235
The first few enemies are just the normal default enemies included in SE.
And no letters were changed, that's just the custom font i used.

RealGabdhhf
Posts: 49
Joined: 16 Jul 2017, 21:45
Reputation: 13

Post » 18 Sep 2017, 23:03

alesan99 wrote:
RealGabdhhf wrote:I think at custom is not new entities, but probably iideas for custom entities anyone can import,
I see a new fire flower? A hammer, maybe lakitu throwing custom items, a giant fireball thing, idk what's that black ball with blue between of blue koopa and black koopa, a black koopa, a boomerang, that wierd red line, a improved blue fish? A little exploding thing, wings, a sideways prahnah plant, a wrench, a yellow koopa, the SMB and Objects has changed a letter, that's all I see I think.

Those are just enemies from my enemy packs I released for Mari0 SE: http://forum.stabyourself.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4235
The first few enemies are just the normal default enemies included in SE.
And no letters were changed, that's just the custom font i used.


ok, thanks for letting me know

QwertymanO07
User avatar
Posts: 1323
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 07:58
Reputation: 378
Contact:

Post » 18 Sep 2017, 23:04

I take it this is your first time ever seeing custom enemies.

RealGabdhhf
Posts: 49
Joined: 16 Jul 2017, 21:45
Reputation: 13

Post » 18 Sep 2017, 23:05

pretty much :P

Fawfuls TNT
Posts: 27
Joined: 07 Aug 2017, 07:18
Reputation: 3

Post » 19 Sep 2017, 20:35

Suggestion:
Would you please add the ability to make level start and end sequences?
(Sonic 3 & Knuckles/ Sonic Mania style sprite based cutscenes)

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1671
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 315
Contact:

Post » 19 Sep 2017, 22:31

Fawfuls TNT wrote:Suggestion:
Would you please add the ability to make level start and end sequences?

You could do that with the use of animated tiles, tile tools, and custom enemies. You could use invisible tiles to stop the player from progressing as the cutscene is playing as well.

Fawfuls TNT
Posts: 27
Joined: 07 Aug 2017, 07:18
Reputation: 3

Post » 19 Sep 2017, 23:52

alesan99 wrote:
Fawfuls TNT wrote:Suggestion:
Would you please add the ability to make level start and end sequences?

You could do that with the use of animated tiles, tile tools, and custom enemies. You could use invisible tiles to stop the player from progressing as the cutscene is playing as well.


Okey Dokey! Are you going to release part 4 of your Alesan 99's Enemies pack once you release the next update of the mod?
It would be awsome to see some of the Sonic Mania enemies and bosses/minibosses recreated in Mari0.

jermboy27
Posts: 60
Joined: 28 Oct 2012, 02:16
Reputation: 6

Post » 20 Sep 2017, 21:08

alesan99 wrote:PROGRESS UPDATE
Image
I got a little carried away and I worked on other things other than online multiplayer.
SE custom enemies have now been implemented, along with some other things.

When are you going to relase the next update?

RealGabdhhf
Posts: 49
Joined: 16 Jul 2017, 21:45
Reputation: 13

Post » 20 Sep 2017, 22:39

alesan99 wrote:the new update probably won't come out until around the end of the year.

Fawfuls TNT
Posts: 27
Joined: 07 Aug 2017, 07:18
Reputation: 3

Post » 22 Sep 2017, 04:47

Suggestion: Would you please add the New Super Mario Bros moveset to the level editor? (Where you have the SMB 2 and Smb1 jumping styles) I found sprites for Mario doing New Super Mario Bros actions. (There are also sprites for Shell Mario, in case you want to add the blue shell)
https://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_edited/mariocustoms/sheet/17965/

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1671
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 315
Contact:

Post » 23 Sep 2017, 04:37

Fawfuls TNT wrote:Suggestion: Would you please add the New Super Mario Bros moveset to the level editor?

I've seen that, notice how the frog and hammer mario sprites are the same as the ones in the mod.
Keep in mind that I would need to make 5 more sets of those sprites for the portal gun and it would take a lot of work to implement all those moves so chances are that I won't do it.

Fawfuls TNT
Posts: 27
Joined: 07 Aug 2017, 07:18
Reputation: 3

Post » 23 Sep 2017, 08:56

alesan99 wrote:
Fawfuls TNT wrote:Suggestion: Would you please add the New Super Mario Bros moveset to the level editor?

I've seen that, notice how the frog and hammer mario sprites are the same as the ones in the mod.
Keep in mind that I would need to make 5 more sets of those sprites for the portal gun and it would take a lot of work to implement all those moves so chances are that I won't do it.

Okey dokey. I have 2 more suggestions:
 Cape Feather and Tanooki Suit/Statue Leaf 

CoolJulianXD
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Apr 2017, 23:31
Reputation: 1

Post » 23 Sep 2017, 18:23

What does the bridge tile property do and how do i use it?
Can you put smb3 bowser inside bowser as an option like you did with bowser turning into an enemy
Can you list all the enemy names for the enemy tool?
Add the powerups standalone (just powerup no question block)
Last edited by CoolJulianXD on 23 Sep 2017, 19:37, edited 1 time in total.

Technochips
User avatar
Posts: 702
Joined: 12 Mar 2015, 16:05
Reputation: 199
Contact:

Post » 23 Sep 2017, 18:26

CoolJulianXD wrote:What does the bridge tile property do and how do i use it?

Bridge tiles disappears at the end of a castle level when you pick up the axe I think.

CoolJulianXD
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Apr 2017, 23:31
Reputation: 1

Post » 23 Sep 2017, 19:03

Technochips wrote:
CoolJulianXD wrote:What does the bridge tile property do and how do i use it?

Bridge tiles disappears at the end of a castle level when you pick up the axe I think.

I tried testing that but it didnt work

CoolJulianXD
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Apr 2017, 23:31
Reputation: 1

Post » 23 Sep 2017, 19:11

alesan99 wrote:PROGRESS UPDATE
Image
I got a little carried away and I worked on other things other than online multiplayer.
SE custom enemies have now been implemented, along with some other things.

is the B thing a gui text test or a easter egg?

QwertymanO07
User avatar
Posts: 1323
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 07:58
Reputation: 378
Contact:

Post » 23 Sep 2017, 20:05

CoolJulianXD wrote:Add the powerups standalone (just powerup no question block)

Custom Enemies should do this by itself, at least if they're implemented the same way as in SE.

CoolJulianXD
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Apr 2017, 23:31
Reputation: 1

Post » 24 Sep 2017, 00:01

Bugs:
getting a star while Giant resets timer
getting a star doesnt give you a point while giant
getting a ice flower messes up the sprites while giant
coin and coinblock tile property doesnt show texture unless if you add the foreground tile property
Giant Mario's hitbox for hitting blocks is weird
Giant Mario doesnt hold the hammer powerup correctly
Giant Mario on Yoshi
Giant Mario on Yoshi makes noises
Running with yoshi to the border makes yoshi spazz out

Murphmario
Posts: 54
Joined: 03 Feb 2014, 23:24
Reputation: 9

Post » 24 Sep 2017, 02:59

Can you replace object sprites on a per-level basis now?

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1671
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 315
Contact:

Post » 24 Sep 2017, 17:34

CoolJulianXD wrote:coin and coinblock tile property doesnt show texture unless if you add the foreground tile property

That's how it's supposed to work. If you want custom coin blocks then use animated tiles.
Murphmario wrote:Can you replace object sprites on a per-level basis now?

If you mean with custom enemies then yes.

RealGabdhhf
Posts: 49
Joined: 16 Jul 2017, 21:45
Reputation: 13

Post » 01 Oct 2017, 03:33

will the update be a Christmas gift, or new years gift since its going to be released at the end of the year? Also is a new DLC Christmas map theme will come along with the update?

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1671
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 315
Contact:

Post » 01 Oct 2017, 17:23

RealGabdhhf wrote:will the update be a Christmas gift, or new years gift since its going to be released at the end of the year? Also is a new DLC Christmas map theme will come along with the update?

It might come out by thanksgiving, it depends. I'll consider adding more dlc.

Also here's a gif:
Image

RealGabdhhf
Posts: 49
Joined: 16 Jul 2017, 21:45
Reputation: 13

Post » 01 Oct 2017, 19:34

alesan99 wrote:It might come out by thanksgiving, it depends. I'll consider adding more dlc.


OK


alesan99 wrote:Also here's a gif:
Image



Omg! Some more super Mario maker items is being added as well, I see a goomba shoe with portal gun sprite (which looks weird but idc) the weird mushroom from SMM, wiggelers, Cape feather from Super Mario World, a key, a key door. Will P-Switch doors be added as well?

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1671
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 315
Contact:

Post » 01 Oct 2017, 21:25

RealGabdhhf wrote:Omg! Some more super Mario maker items is being added as well, I see a goomba shoe with portal gun sprite (which looks weird but idc) the weird mushroom from SMM, wiggelers, Cape feather from Super Mario World, a key, a key door. Will P-Switch doors be added as well?

Normally you can only see mario's head in the goomba shoe but in that case it was skinny mario pointing up so it looks weird.
And all the doors from Mario Maker have already been added.

QwertymanO07
User avatar
Posts: 1323
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 07:58
Reputation: 378
Contact:

Post » 01 Oct 2017, 22:43

Will alesan's entities has door?

Fawfuls TNT
Posts: 27
Joined: 07 Aug 2017, 07:18
Reputation: 3

Post » 02 Oct 2017, 01:58

alesan99 wrote:
RealGabdhhf wrote:will the update be a Christmas gift, or new years gift since its going to be released at the end of the year? Also is a new DLC Christmas map theme will come along with the update?

It might come out by thanksgiving, it depends. I'll consider adding more dlc.

Also here's a gif:
Image


Thank you for adding the weird mushroom, the door & key, and the cape feather!

RealGabdhhf
Posts: 49
Joined: 16 Jul 2017, 21:45
Reputation: 13

Post » 02 Oct 2017, 19:57

Suggestions,
Add a shell by it self instead of spawning a koopa
Faithful plate against wall and ceiling (Portal)
Maybe a new physic where you gets hit, you become big Mario and not small Mario instantly.
Another physic that Mario can jump really high off of enemies instead of jumping very little.
Gallombas (goombas in bubbles)
A item randomizer
Clown copter
And ridable clouds

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1671
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 315
Contact:

Post » 02 Oct 2017, 22:54

RealGabdhhf wrote:Add a shell by it self instead of spawning a koopa

This has already been added for a while now.

Mari0Guy69
Posts: 5
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:31
Reputation: 0

Post » 03 Oct 2017, 00:21

Here are some ABSOLUTELY random suggestions I have

Stackable Enemies and Big variants for all enemies and Clown Cars and Ridable Lakitu's Clouds (and the option to put enemies in both if possible with your Lua scripting ablity and LOVE v0.10.1.).
Your Super Mario Land enemies from your Mari0:SE Custom Json enemies pack 3 and the Blue and Yellow koopas from the first JSON Enemies pack.
SMB2 enemies (BTW someone else on the StabYourself forums is working on that but the post showing it off in a gif was published in 2013 and there is no download link)
Reflection Gel and Cube
Paralax Scrolling backgrounds
Extending the Official Alesan99's Entities MapPack as well as offering the Minecraft mappack, 0'Brothers, Portal 2, Blue Portals, Curved Science, Mari0: HEC (HugoBDesigner's Entities and Customization.) and Pop a Portal
SMB2 style vertical scrolling borders (go in one side and come out the other
Warp Noteblocks
Boomerang Suit
Super Flower (from Super Mario Land)
Bunny Carrot (From Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins)
Shell Suit
Signs, Message Blocks, Text Box entities and interactable NPC's that display text (maybe they all could be linked because of a text tool)
NAND, NOR, OR, XOR, EOR, Neg-And, Neg-or and XNOR logic gates
And finally Features From HugoBDesigner's Blue Portal's mappack, Curved Science and Pop A Portal mappacks And from His mod Mari0:HEC

RealGabdhhf
Posts: 49
Joined: 16 Jul 2017, 21:45
Reputation: 13

Post » 03 Oct 2017, 02:32

in the flag entity, will you be able to add a get a 1-up when you reach the top of the flag?

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1671
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 315
Contact:

Post » 03 Oct 2017, 04:17

RealGabdhhf wrote:in the flag entity, will you be able to add a get a 1-up when you reach the top of the flag?

I'll make a physics option for this i guess
Mari0Guy69 wrote:Stackable Enemies and Big variants for all enemies and Clown Cars and Ridable Lakitu's Clouds (and the option to put enemies in both if possible with your Lua scripting ablity and LOVE v0.10.1.).

Lua and LOVE don't really have anything to do with this the problem is that it would just take way to long to do. Custom enemies have been implemented so it'll be possible for you to create what you need.
Your Super Mario Land enemies from your Mari0:SE Custom Json enemies pack 3 and the Blue and Yellow koopas from the first JSON Enemies pack.
SMB2 enemies (BTW someone else on the StabYourself forums is working on that but the post showing it off in a gif was published in 2013 and there is no download link)

Custom enemy support has been added as shown a few posts before
Reflection Gel and Cube

These don't work in a 2d game
Paralax Scrolling backgrounds

Already a feature since mari0 1.6
Extending the Official Alesan99's Entities MapPack as well as offering the Minecraft mappack, 0'Brothers, Portal 2, Blue Portals, Curved Science, Mari0: HEC (HugoBDesigner's Entities and Customization.) and Pop a Portal

Those mappacks are still available to download so I don't really see a need for this.
And finally Features From HugoBDesigner's Blue Portal's mappack, Curved Science and Pop A Portal mappacks And from His mod Mari0:HEC

If you want those features you should download his mod, I have no plans on merging my mod.

MisplacedTailsTheFox
User avatar
Posts: 7
Joined: 03 Oct 2017, 02:25
Reputation: 3
Contact:

Post » 03 Oct 2017, 16:35

First off, I'd just like to say that I've been loving this mod and that it makes Mari0 a lot more enjoyable. Looking forward to the addition of custom enemies as well, I've already been making plans for them for a mappack I've been making.

That said, I've noticed a few things you might want to take a look at:
-The in-game level timer resets when moving to a different sublevel. I feel like that's not intended...
-In Super Mario Bros 3, hammers thrown by the hammer suit could defeat Thwomps and Bullet Bills. Any chance of seeing that behavior here as well?
-Seesaws (not the platforms they carry, just the seesaws themselves), aren't affected by custom sprites in the mappack like other entities.

Also, a few requests:
-Like somebody else appeared to be suggesting, a physics option where taking damage while in a stronger form (like Fire Mario) would only reduce you to large Mario, like in the newer games, instead of reducing you to small Mario instantly like we have now.
-Either as another physics option, or an addition to the previous, where collecting power ups themselves would specifically upgrade you to it's resulting form without having to always upgrade to big Mario first. For instance, if you were large Mario, hit a block revealing a Fire Flower, took damage, and then got the flower, you'd only upgrade into big Mario again, where the newer games (and the hypothetical physics option I'm asking for) would actually transform you to Fire Mario immediately.
-Since we can determine which of a custom character's colors can be customized (and change colors for different forms), in addition to being able to specify their defaults, could we also have the option to specify what colors to change those to for different forms, like Fire and Ice forms?

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1671
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 315
Contact:

Post » 03 Oct 2017, 19:43

MisplacedTailsTheFox wrote:.

All your suggestions are easily done so they'll be added.
The power up physics option has already been added since it was suggested a lot.

Mari0Guy69
Posts: 5
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:31
Reputation: 0

Post » 04 Oct 2017, 19:06

Alesan99, it always bugged me that only 1 custom tileset could be used at a time so can you please add multi-tileset capabilities? That would be cool

Also, could you add collision properties for tiles that kill mario like lava, nongelable, wether or not it collides with players, a version of the previous property idea but with entities, fix slant collision, an inverse of grate collision that allows players, entities and boxes through but not portals, light bridges or gels, add upside-down left and right slants, rounded/curved collision, collision similar to one way gates from Super Mario Maker, The new collision properties from Mari0:SE and collision properties that function like powerups.

And, could you please add more Super Mario Maker and Super Mario Bros 3 tiles to the Alesan's Entities Mappack for future levels and the level editor i would like that.

By the way since you were telling me to use JSON files to add custom enemies might I say that I have 0 experience with Mari0 Modding, Lua, Creating Tilesets and configuring collision properties

I sound repetitive :( Sorry

I LÖVE LUA
User avatar
Posts: 163
Joined: 12 Aug 2013, 13:19
Reputation: 21
Contact:

Post » 04 Oct 2017, 20:19

Mari0Guy69 wrote:could you add collision properties for tiles that kill mario like lava


It already exists:
Image

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1671
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 315
Contact:

Post » 04 Oct 2017, 22:21

Mari0Guy69 wrote:-

- There's no need for multiple custom tilesets, its very easy to combine them. If you don't know how you can ask.
- There are some mario maker and mario bros 3 tiles around the forums and you can import them if you need them.
- All the collision properties from SE are already added, including lava.

Here's some good guides it seems like you might need:
Making Tilesets:http://forum.stabyourself.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2955
Tile Properties: http://i.imgur.com/tHjiVDx.png
Making Enemies: https://web.archive.org/web/20151106235511/http://guegan.de/mari0doc/custom_enemies.php (You don't need experience with modding or lua since it doesn't use coding)

They're all easy to learn so don't be afraid to give them a try.

The Snivy
User avatar
Posts: 34
Joined: 15 Jul 2016, 02:43
Reputation: 12
Contact:

Post » 04 Oct 2017, 22:56

Here are a few suggestions:

Double jump power-up/cheat
Roulette Blocks
Doors/blocks that require a certain amount of coins to unlock/break them

Mari0Guy69
Posts: 5
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:31
Reputation: 0

Post » 06 Oct 2017, 17:33

Welp, Sorry alesan i have to admit I am a ubuntu linux user because it's more secure and the filesystem is efficent. I also forgot my password so i cant install love2D, Mari0 or your mod.[:(] Anyways, i have it installed on a school computer so i can still play it.

i am yet again requesting new features that probably won't be added. :(
-The Super Flower from super mario land
-Super Mario Bros Special exclusive items that aren't added already
-That ice enemy from Mario Bros Arcade i forgot the name of
-Super Mario World Pirahna Plants
-Venus Fire/Ice Traps
-Spiny Egg Bros
-Bullet Bill Bros
-Bob-Omb Bros
-Trouters, Phantos, Snifits, Pansers, Autobombs and various other smb2 enemies
-Conveyor Belts (as in super mario maker or something)
- A collision property called Anti-Grate that allows Players, Entities and Boxes through but not Portals, Gels, Excursion Funnels, Light Bridges and Lasers
- Nongelable, Turn block, Red Spring, Green Spring, left and right curved, fixed left and right slant and question block collision properties
- Various other things... Man i am way overestimating you Alesan99, Sorry.

Mari0Guy69
Posts: 5
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:31
Reputation: 0

Post » 06 Oct 2017, 17:35

Is their anything new to show for the next update like progress update, a video, screenshot or new features that are written about in a forum post.

MisplacedTailsTheFox
User avatar
Posts: 7
Joined: 03 Oct 2017, 02:25
Reputation: 3
Contact:

Post » 06 Oct 2017, 18:53

Mari0Guy69 wrote:Welp, Sorry alesan i have to admit I am a ubuntu linux user because it's more secure and the filesystem is efficent. I also forgot my password so i cant install love2D, Mari0 or your mod.[:(] Anyways, i have it installed on a school computer so i can still play it.

i am yet again requesting new features that probably won't be added. :(
-The Super Flower from super mario land
-Super Mario Bros Special exclusive items that aren't added already
-That ice enemy from Mario Bros Arcade i forgot the name of
-Super Mario World Pirahna Plants
-Venus Fire/Ice Traps
-Spiny Egg Bros
-Bullet Bill Bros
-Bob-Omb Bros
-Trouters, Phantos, Snifits, Pansers, Autobombs and various other smb2 enemies
-Conveyor Belts (as in super mario maker or something)
- A collision property called Anti-Grate that allows Players, Entities and Boxes through but not Portals, Gels, Excursion Funnels, Light Bridges and Lasers
- Nongelable, Turn block, Red Spring, Green Spring, left and right curved, fixed left and right slant and question block collision properties
- Various other things... Man i am way overestimating you Alesan99, Sorry.


I feel like most, if not all of the enemies on that list could be made with custom enemies, which is supposed to be in the next update. The mod actually already has fire breathing Piranha plants, if those are the Venus Fire Traps you're referring to.

Also, you can make custom ? blocks with animated tiles. Besides the usual collision and such on the animated tile in question, setting coinblock=true will have it function like the existing ? blocks.

RealGabdhhf
Posts: 49
Joined: 16 Jul 2017, 21:45
Reputation: 13

Post » 06 Oct 2017, 22:23

Mari0Guy69 wrote:Is their anything new to show for the next update like progress update, a video, screenshot or new features that are written about in a forum post.


Be patient. Alesan has other work to do instead of him constantly posting progress update.

Fawfuls TNT
Posts: 27
Joined: 07 Aug 2017, 07:18
Reputation: 3

Post » 07 Oct 2017, 19:30

Request: Would you please add Phantos, or are they possible using custom enemies? (Phantos are enemies from Super Mario Bros 2 that chase Mario if he has a key: https://www.mariowiki.com/Phanto )

Mari0Guy69
Posts: 5
Joined: 02 Oct 2017, 18:31
Reputation: 0

Post » 10 Oct 2017, 01:40

smb2 enemies!!!!!!!!!!!! wot

QwertymanO07
User avatar
Posts: 1323
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 07:58
Reputation: 378
Contact:

Post » 10 Oct 2017, 03:13

Actually, yeah, what? Because I didn't even comprehend that statement.

Fawfuls TNT
Posts: 27
Joined: 07 Aug 2017, 07:18
Reputation: 3

Post » 10 Oct 2017, 04:41

Mari0Guy69 wrote:smb2 enemies!!!!!!!!!!!! wot


I requested phantos because keys and key doors are already being introduced, so why not?

Detronicle
Posts: 3
Joined: 12 Oct 2017, 14:49
Reputation: 2

Post » 14 Oct 2017, 13:42

Alesan, this mod is really amazing! I've been playing it since months ago. I just wanna request new features to be added, as well as some fix for possible bugs/glitches for the next update:

-Blue Shy Guys (basically Shy Guys, but turns around on edges).

-Snifits (Red, Blue and Gray; Red ones moves normally, but sometimes stop to shoot a bullet; Blue ones are like red, but turns around on edges; Gray ones are stationary and always face towards Mario)

-Podoboos/Lava Bubbles are invincible to anything, even with Starman. I think this is how they behave in original SMB1. Perhaps an option whether Podoboos should follow
SMB1 mechanics or the later games mechanic (make them vulnerable from Starman or Hammer Suit).

-Immobile Spiny Eggs that never hatch (as if underwater), and Rolling Spiny Eggs (from SMB3, where they are sometimes also thrown by Lakitus)

-Kick-able Spiny Shells.

-Make Spike Tops, as well as some few other enemies vulnerable from Hammer Suit (and Starman).

-Make some of the enemy bullets disappear after a few seconds when still onscreen. (This mostly happens on autoscroll levels with Rocky Wrenches, their wrenches could sometimes limit Mario's movement if their direction is towards right).

-Option to change individual Cannonball speed (or perhaps another entity for Red Cannonballs instead).

-Can you make the Spikes Tile Property work even without the Collision Tile Property? (I know there's a Lava Tile Property, but it instantly kills Mario on contact.

-Since Blooper Nannies are about to be added, maybe also a pink stompable variant?


Return to “Modding”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron