Streaming game development: https://www.twitch.tv/stabyourself Image

[UPDATED] Alesan99's Entities (Over 150 new entities, & more!)

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
espioner

Post » 14 May 2017, 23:07

Thank you,

alesan99

Post » 13 Jun 2017, 00:12

Character Guide added
alesan99 wrote:
CUSTOM CHARACTER GUIDE
Use this template and place it in the characters folder:https://www.dropbox.com/s/bfe08lgq2sn7ed9/character_template.zip?dl=1
Select it with the [ and ] keys in the options
TILETOOLS GUIDE
To use tiletools you must put it on the tile you want it to use
Right click it to type in a function.
There are many functions for tiletools.
Here is the full list
    remove
    break
    change to [tile id]
    hit
    bump
    hit sides
    hit left
    explode
    hit range [range]
    set gel [side(s)][id]
    collect sides
    block debris
    remove gel
    mod [x] [y] to [tile id]
HOW TO MAKE ANIMATED TILES TUTORIAL
Make a folder named animated in your mappack.
Inside it put your animated tile image(s). The image(s) must be named with numbers (EX: Your first image must be named 1, the next image must be named 2, and so on).
Now, put a .txt file. Again, the .txts must be named with numbers (EX: Your first a.txt must be named 1, the next .txt must be named 2, and so on).
Inside it type the tile properties and delay(s).
EX: if you want it to be collidable then put

Code: Select all

collision=true

if you want a delay of 100 then put

delay=100

if you want a delay of 800 for the first frame and a delay of 100 for the second then put

delay=800,100

Your folder should look something like this:
Now you can use your animated tiles! While you're in the editor click the "animated" tab to use your tiles.

Here are some animated tiles I made: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vatiq991amw9tkh/animated.zip

I'm horrible at explaining things so if you can make a better tutorial then post it.

EDIT: Fixed post
Last edited by alesan99 on 18 Jun 2017, 00:35, edited 1 time in total.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 17 Jun 2017, 19:48

Dunno if I did something wrong but I cleared my mappacks and it still happens:

alesan99

Post » 18 Jun 2017, 00:50

That's really weird. I think love.draw and love_draw are being treated as the same function for some reason
Try this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/11uccpvi1dhb8 ... .love?dl=1

Also which download did you use?

HugoBDesigner

Post » 18 Jun 2017, 03:19

Now it worked. I was using the Source version in the main post. Thanks for the fix, though!
If you needed to check the console (as it is printing something):

RealGabdhhf

Post » 17 Jul 2017, 16:38

is this project dead? cause there haven't been any update since, i got many suggestions for entities, that other people suggested, but you never attempted to try. Also controller support is still not here, i want to test some entities with 4 players so i can report bugs.

Edit: Some Spellings fixed

RealGabdhhf

Post » 17 Jul 2017, 22:00

also can you please provide a download link for the custom tiles in the original alesan99 entities mappacks because when i export it, all it gives me is original smb tiles. also can you do it with the animated tiles as well? thank you!

WawaTittere

Post » 18 Jul 2017, 18:26

RealGabdhhf wrote:is this project dead? cause there haven't been any update since

I think Alesan99 is taking a break and has been busy because of school, I don't think the next update will be soon

alesan99

Post » 19 Jul 2017, 14:22

RealGabdhhf wrote:is this project dead? cause there haven't been any update since, i got many suggestions for entities, that other people suggested, but you never attempted to try. Also controller support is still not here, i want to test some entities with 4 players so i can report bugs.

I've been spending most of my time working on a game of my own, which i'm almost done with. I'm not going to officially stop working on the mod until i feel no more reason to but I have been taking a break. Who knows, I might do a coding livestream soon.

Controller support hasn't been added because I don't have a controller to test it. I believe I only have to make the joysticks work, right?

RealGabdhhf wrote:also can you please provide a download link for the custom tiles in the original alesan99 entities mappacks because when i export it, all it gives me is original smb tiles. also can you do it with the animated tiles as well? thank you!

Animated: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzl3gfrxsyo7jiq/animated.zip?dl=1 (I wont keep this up for long, but you can find it if you unzip the source)

RealGabdhhf

Post » 20 Jul 2017, 22:49

Thanks, and you only got joysticks working, but maybe i consider you buying a controller to plug into your pc to test controller stuff. ( if you have any money :) )

WawaTittere

Post » 21 Jul 2017, 16:28

yeah, but if you can't buy a controller, just ask to a friend or some cousin that have one

WawaTittere

Post » 21 Jul 2017, 18:56

WawaTittere wrote:The Gravity Tile
basically it works with energy (buttons, etc.) and change the gravity. The detector option works when you "touch" the tile, and the re-activable option make you can use the gravity tile over and over.

oh, sorry for that before, now I just realized that it is already in game and it can be done with commands

RealGabdhhf

Post » Yesterday, 01:44

The only reason i want controller support is because i want to test entities using coop and make a mappack called portal co-op, basiclly its like portal 2 coop remade in mari0

alesan99

Post » Yesterday, 03:20

RealGabdhhf wrote:The only reason i want controller support is because i want to test entities using coop and make a mappack called portal co-op, basiclly its like portal 2 coop remade in mari0

I'll try.
Are you able to set the aimx and aimy controls ? I need to know exactly what I need to fix cause I can't test it myself.

Return to “Modding”