[UPDATE 13.1] Alesan99's Entities (Clear Pipes, Tracks, & more!)

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
jwright159

Post » 07 Jul 2014, 03:30

This is now the s***posting thread. :( :P

alesan99

Post » 07 Jul 2014, 04:06

Info Update
As I said before, I'll be adding some online stuff to the next update.
I'm currently planning to add downloadable levels.
Is there anything you'd guys want me to add that's online related? And yes, I am looking into online multiplayer, but don't get your hopes up.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 07 Jul 2014, 04:16

Is "auto-update" a hard thing? I saw it on an online service, but it is going to be paid after some time, they're making only beta tests (it's an auto-update online service for Löve games). That would be VERY nice (but you'd probably have to add an option to allow updates or not, just so there is no problem with versions and things like that).

Good luck with your mod, Alesan! Things are looking very good here, and your mod is as amazing as always :)

Spider-Man

Post » 07 Jul 2014, 04:43

Suggestion: How about those Ball 'n Chain? They appeared in SMW.

Turtle95

Post » 07 Jul 2014, 04:45

HugoBDesigner wrote:Is "auto-update" a hard thing? I saw it on an online service, but it is going to be paid after some time, they're making only beta tests (it's an auto-update online service for Löve games). That would be VERY nice (but you'd probably have to add an option to allow updates or not, just so there is no problem with versions and things like that).

Good luck with your mod, Alesan! Things are looking very good here, and your mod is as amazing as always :)
Using LuaSocket and his help/code (I saw the code, and will use him in my game's credits for this), and Blogger it's possible for auto update checks.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 07 Jul 2014, 05:28

I tried using Blogger for auto-updates and downloadable content in my mod (and I still kinda want to finish that). The ONLY problem I got with it actually was for uploading big mappacks, for example.
Alesan, I think I still have the code I used to "format" data from Blogger. If you decide to use Blogger and don't want to bother yourself replacing things like </br>, just take a look at my mod. After all, you helped me a lot with my mod (mainly with mirror blocks), so I would like to help too, somehow :)

alesan99

Post » 07 Jul 2014, 15:30

HugoBDesigner wrote:I tried using Blogger for auto-updates and downloadable content in my mod (and I still kinda want to finish that). The ONLY problem I got with it actually was for uploading big mappacks, for example.
Alesan, I think I still have the code I used to "format" data from Blogger. If you decide to use Blogger and don't want to bother yourself replacing things like </br>, just take a look at my mod. After all, you helped me a lot with my mod (mainly with mirror blocks), so I would like to help too, somehow :)
Big mappacks shouldn't be a big problem apart from the downloading time.
I believe you said you had to convert images to base64 and it became a pain to do that but I figured out a way to make it so it can get images from image urls.
Here's the function

Code: Select all

http = require("socket.http")
mime = require("mime")
function newOnlineImage(url)
	--By Alesan99
	local onlinedata = http.request(url)
	if not onlinedata then
		return false
	else
		return love.graphics.newImage(love.image.newImageData(love.filesystem.newFileData(mime.b64(onlinedata), "temp.png", "base64")))
	end
end

HugoBDesigner

Post » 07 Jul 2014, 20:20

Actually, I made my own method of saving and downloading data. I convert all the data to strings, then on my Blogger I paste it between "technical" quotes. I then make a list of the file names (along with their extension and containing folder). Something like this:

[Mari0 +Portal.complement]
[mappack.Pop A Portal.fileslist]
Pop A Portal/-4-1.txt
Pop A Portal/1-1.txt
Pop A Portal/1-1background1.png
Pop A Portal/1-1overlay.png
Pop A Portal/1-2.txt

[...]

Pop A Portal/custommenu/selection4players4c.png
Pop A Portal/customsounds/custommenumusic.ogg
Pop A Portal/icon.png
Pop A Portal/music.ogg
Pop A Portal/music2.ogg
Pop A Portal/music3.ogg
Pop A Portal/music4.ogg
Pop A Portal/music5.ogg
[/mappack.Pop A Portal.fileslist]
[/Mari0 +Portal complement]
Then on another page I do some loading code:

[complement]
[Mari0 +Portal]
local function insertentry(name, desc, author, icon)
    table.insert(onlinemappacks["name"], name)
    table.insert(onlinemappacks["description"], desc)
    table.insert(onlinemappacks["author"], author)
    table.insert(onlinemappacks["icon"], imagetotable("toimage", icon))
end
local iconstable = {}
HugoBDesigner_getOnlineData("complement", "Mari0 +Portal", "http://hugobdesigner.blogspot.com/p/iconstable.html", "complement")

insertentry("mad science hd", "mario is totally safe here.", "hans1998", iconstable["Mad Science HD"])
[/Mari0 +Portal]
[/complement]
And in another page I'd have the files themselves as string (but seems like I deleted them, so I couldn't find any example).

I also made tables for icons just to be easier, but my plan was to make tostring files and place them in their own "code" quotes. Then I'd have to decode them in my mod by replacing html terms. I had some code I'd run directly from my blog via temporary files. If you want to see the way I was doing it, here are the pages:
http://hugobdesigner.blogspot.com.br/p/ ... rutil.html
http://hugobdesigner.blogspot.com/p/iconstable.html
http://hugobdesigner.blogspot.com/p/mar ... oader.html

I never actually finished the online mappack downloader because I was really lazy and the first mappack I tried to upload to this "method" was Pop A Portal (I had a 20MB text file of it). I have some loading code in my mod still remaining (probably unfinished), and maybe some code to convert mappacks (I usually place them in a separated code to make it easier).

If I ever decide to return working on the mappack downloader I may upload these giant text files to Dropbox or something. The good thing with the code I made (using "tags") is that you can technically upload files to any site (in case you don't want to use Blogger) that it still loads fine (my code searches for specific tags, so it ignores the rest of the page).

If you use my method or not, good luck. Online mappacks downloaders are a bit annoying and hard to do, but for someone like you it shouldn't be much of a problem ;)

alesan99

Post » 09 Jul 2014, 19:04

Progress Update
I've been working non-stop on mappack downloading.
Those mappacks you see in the screenshot aren't stored in the game, but in a not so secret webpage.
Actually, i didn't get the mappacks to download yet just their information.
I know what you're thinking. Not really but I am guessing you're thinking: "Alesan99 there nothing amazing about that".
You're wrong, JK you're right.
I spent around 4 hours working on downloading mappacks BUT GOOGLE DRIVETROLL, DROOLBOX, AND S G ITHUB WON'T LET MY MOD ACCESS THE FILES
Ahem.
So if anybody could help me make the files accessible from LOVE programs or help me find a free file uploading service that doesn't have ultra high tech security that makes it so only browsers can download uploaded files i'd be very thankful.

Doormat

Post » 09 Jul 2014, 19:14

I might be able to help, but it depends on if my host is good enough for it. PM me (or contact me on Steam) and we'll see how we can make this work somehow maybe i dunno.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 09 Jul 2014, 19:56

Alesan, try the method I told you with Blogger. I tested it and it works just fine, and the code is on my mod and my blog's pages (I posted them a few posts above). The good thing about Blogger is that it's free, you can access it via LÖVE and it's really fast and simple. Besides some "magic" for removing html characters (which I already made in my mod, so you can just use that. It's nothing too advanced anyway), all you need to do is convert the mappack's files to text, but since you're very good with coding I doubt you'd have problems converting files to text.

alesan99

Post » 09 Jul 2014, 20:48

HugoBDesigner wrote:Alesan, try the method I told you with Blogger. I tested it and it works just fine, and the code is on my mod and my blog's pages (I posted them a few posts above). The good thing about Blogger is that it's free, you can access it via LÖVE and it's really fast and simple. Besides some "magic" for removing html characters (which I already made in my mod, so you can just use that. It's nothing too advanced anyway), all you need to do is convert the mappack's files to text, but since you're very good with coding I doubt you'd have problems converting files to text.
I used blogger to get the mappack information you see in the screen shot.
I'm capable of doing your method but I'd rather upload the mappack (If there is in fact such an awesome website that lets my mod download files) and avoid all the converting.

Mari0Maker

Post » 09 Jul 2014, 20:56

You could try making your own personal site and just upload all the files there. There are free hosts like this one: http://www.zymic.com/

HugoBDesigner

Post » 09 Jul 2014, 20:57

Actually, the converting will be as fast as a download. I was thinking of loading the page's data via http.request and then use love.filesystem.write to "convert" (a.k.a download) the file. LÖVE reads files as texts (or is able to, I don't really know), so in this method it'd be as fast as any download. The good thing about LÖVE is that converting any file (image, music, zip, anything) into text and back to the original extension doesn't takes a long time. Actually, it is basically just an "extension rename".

But, OF COURSE, you're free to use whatever site you want. I use Blogger because it is better for me, but maybe for you other site might be better. I was going to use Dropbox in case of a big file, but it seems like it won't let you access files remotely (unfortunately).

alesan99

Post » 09 Jul 2014, 21:47

HugoBDesigner wrote:converting will be as fast as a download.
I was actually saying that I didn't want to convert the each file into text format and then put them into blogger one by one since it'd be pain if I wanted to add a bunch of mappacks. I could make a program do that for me, but I won't if I don't have to.
But thanks for the help anyways.

Jad

Post » 10 Jul 2014, 18:39

hi there i when i played the mod and when i press F12 for mouse grab i got this crash

then when i played classic mappack and i get to world 2-2 (underwater) i got this crash

I LÖVE LUA

Post » 10 Jul 2014, 18:57

Jad wrote:hi there i when i played the mod and when i press F12 for mouse grab i got this crash
That's because the "setGrab" function has been renamed "setGrabbed".

About the cheepcheep crash, Idk.

alesan99

Post » 10 Jul 2014, 20:03

Thanks for the crash reports Jad! I fixed the crashes.
I LÖVE LUA wrote:About the cheepcheep crash, Idk.
I put every enemy in a "enemies" folder.
I made a list of which should be loaded and I forgot to put cheepcheeps
It's been fixed since it loads whatever is in the folder now

Jad

Post » 11 Jul 2014, 10:40

alesan99 wrote:Thanks for the crash reports Jad! I fixed the crashes.
I LÖVE LUA wrote:About the cheepcheep crash, Idk.
I put every enemy in a "enemies" folder.
I made a list of which should be loaded and I forgot to put cheepcheeps
It's been fixed since it loads whatever is in the folder now
Well thanks :P

about the mod:
THISMOD IS SOAWSUM!!!!
P.S I have an entitle suggestion: Bowser Jr.
PP.S I am first time on this forum. :P
Last edited by Jad on 11 Jul 2014, 17:06, edited 1 time in total.

HowToEatGirafes

Post » 11 Jul 2014, 10:48

Jad wrote:I am first time on this forum. :P
So , welcome :)

Jad

Post » 11 Jul 2014, 12:22

HowToEatGirafes wrote:
Jad wrote:I am first time on this forum. :P
So , welcome :)

alesan99

Post » 11 Jul 2014, 19:55

I found this awesome website that let's me upload .txts that I can access.
And converting a .zip to text isn't hard at all, all I have to do is open it up with notepad++.
So all that's left is the easy part, loading the mappacks onto the game.
inb4 a wild problem appears

alesan99

Post » 11 Jul 2014, 22:31

BETA UPDATE
I want you guys to test out mappack downloading. All you have to to is select "select mappack", go to the dlc tab, and press enter to download a mappack.
A notable change is that every file related to my mod has moved to "mari0/alesans_entities".
The crash, modmappacks, and downloaded mappacks folders are there.

Anyway, heres the download link. Give me as much feedback on the mappack downloading as possible.
--BETA TESTING IS DONE--

Also, turns out the .txts I uploaded will be deleted after 30 days :/ I'm finding a solution so don't worry.
Last edited by alesan99 on 12 Jul 2014, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.

Automatik

Post » 11 Jul 2014, 23:02

It work fine for me. Though you should probably add a downloading bar when you download a mappack. And test if it crash when you don't have internet.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 11 Jul 2014, 23:05

It worked fine for me. Good job, Alesan! Your mod is really, really cool!
One suggestion: could you add images for the mappacks, if possible?

alesan99

Post » 11 Jul 2014, 23:18

Automatik wrote:It work fine for me. Though you should probably add a downloading bar when you download a mappack. And test if it crash when you don't have internet.
I will make a loading message appear but I can't make a downloading bar without rewriting the downloading process.
If you don't have internet it won't crash.
HugoBDesigner wrote:It worked fine for me. Good job, Alesan! Your mod is really, really cool!
One suggestion: could you add images for the mappacks, if possible?
I'll try but if it ends up making the loading time bigger i'll probably leave it like it is.

Thanks for the feedback :D

idiot9.0

Post » 11 Jul 2014, 23:21

It works all perfectly on my end too. I have nothing to suggest though.
Feel free to use my mappack I made with your mod for this as I'm too lazy to PM.

Mr.Q.Marx?

Post » 12 Jul 2014, 10:52

The DLC doesn't work on my end. You press enter and it just turns it greenish goes back to the 'Local' tab. It doesn't kick off about it and crash but yeah.
If you have no internet is says ERROR BY ERROR, ERROR.
Which is ok.

Sergione

Post » 12 Jul 2014, 11:14

Works perfectly for me!

This idea of mappack to download I like it very much! :)

alesan99

Post » 12 Jul 2014, 13:46

Mr.Q.Marx? wrote:The DLC doesn't work on my end. You press enter and it just turns it greenish goes back to the 'Local' tab. It doesn't kick off about it and crash but yeah.
If it turns green then the mappack should appear in the local mappacks.

Mr.Q.Marx?

Post » 12 Jul 2014, 15:34

Oh right is that how that's meant to work? Thought you'd play it from that screen like in 1.6's DLC. Well that's cool then thankyou.

alesan99

Post » 12 Jul 2014, 15:56

Alright everyone, thanks for the feedback!
I deleted the download link to the beta since I still want the full update to be something to look forward to.

EDIT: Don't worry if you didn't get to try the beta.
I plan to release the next update next week.

Jad

Post » 13 Jul 2014, 07:01

Mr.Q.Marx? wrote:If you have no internet is says ERROR BY ERROR, ERROR.
I got the same Error by Error,Error but i had then internet WTF!!!
Also, in cheat menu i find this
i played with joy dark mode but i see this darn red dot
for why is here
P.S another entitle suggestion:Spike Top
is like buzzy beetle but with a spike on top
you cant stomp him and is resistant to fire and only way to kill him is Star or Hammer suit

Sergione

Post » 13 Jul 2014, 10:51

Jad wrote:
Mr.Q.Marx? wrote:If you have no internet is says ERROR BY ERROR, ERROR.
I got the same Error by Error,Error but i had then internet WTF!!!
Bohhhh?
Last edited by Sergione on 13 Jul 2014, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.

alesan99

Post » 13 Jul 2014, 15:04

You should still be able to download the mappacks if you have the beta.
Try enabling internet for LOVE 0.9 in your internet settings or make your firewall let LOVE 0.9 use internet, something like that.
Jad wrote:i played with joy dark mode but i see this darn red dot
for why is here
It's a BETA so there's still some debug stuff.

Sergione

Post » 13 Jul 2014, 15:16

My fault, verily I shall try again two or three times and then now it works, thanks! ;(

Jad

Post » 13 Jul 2014, 15:50

alesan99 wrote:You should still be able to download the mappacks if you have the beta.
Try enabling internet for LOVE 0.9 in your internet settings or make your firewall let LOVE 0.9 use internet, something like that.
Well when i battle glados i got another crash :
Error

game.lua:1729: bad argument #1 to 'draw' (Texture expected, got nil)

Traceback

main.lua:2395: in function <main.lua:2366>
[C]: in function 'draw'
game.lua:1729: in function 'game_draw'
main.lua:1397: in function 'draw'
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
I was been FrUSTrATING!!!!!
sorry about the small letter cause big r don't works on my keyboard

Sergione

Post » 13 Jul 2014, 17:19

I hope I do not get it wrong again but I believe that Glados does not appear in the beta! XD

alesan99

Post » 13 Jul 2014, 17:22

Yeah... I been trying to fix it for a couple of minutes but the tiles tab is going crazy.

gemwrecker

Post » 13 Jul 2014, 20:41

I don't know if it's reported yet, but pressing F12 in the mod gives this error:
I don't think this is beta-related, either (Since I downloaded the version from the main topic). Just wanted to notify you.

alesan99

Post » 13 Jul 2014, 20:57

It reported a few posts above and it has been fixed.

Villager103

Post » 18 Jul 2014, 01:44

Alesan99, could you port Excursion Funnels from SE? Because when I am using the mod, I feel like I am very outdated, and also for more puzzle possibilities!

alesan99

Post » 18 Jul 2014, 01:50

You already suggested that.
alesan99 wrote:
Villager103 wrote: It says invalid response.

Also, add excursion funnels. They are the blue light tunnels that push and pull things to or away from them.
It works for everybody else.

Also do you read my posts? I posted this sometime ago.
Of course back then I wasn't as experienced as at coding as I am now so I might give it another shot.

Sergione

Post » 18 Jul 2014, 14:34

If I'm not mistaken today should exit the 0.9.0 v3 Alesan99's Entities!

Jad

Post » 18 Jul 2014, 18:24

Sergione wrote:If I'm not mistaken today should exit the 0.9.0 v3 Alesan99's Entities!
Yea I think this too
also i got this bug when i picked this:
Mushroom>Hammer Suit>Ice Flower

TurretBot

Post » 18 Jul 2014, 22:57

Actually that happens with any power if you get a nice flower

Villager103

Post » 18 Jul 2014, 23:28

alesan99 wrote:You already suggested that.
alesan99 wrote:
Villager103 wrote: It says invalid response.

Also, add excursion funnels. They are the blue light tunnels that push and pull things to or away from them.
It works for everybody else.

Also do you read my posts? I posted this sometime ago.
Of course back then I wasn't as experienced as at coding as I am now so I might give it another shot.
Yeah. I think you should try again. Also, I think you should change High Energy Pellet launchers and catchers to be 2 blocks in height or width. And move the pellet into the middle.I have a texture for them if you want it.
You can modify them however you want. But give credit to me.

Also, looking at that early attempt at excursion funnels makes me laugh.

HansAgain

Post » 19 Jul 2014, 00:07

Villager103 wrote:You can modify them however you want. But give credit to me.
Sorry for this but i think there is the need of saying this to prevente any troubles later:
He will give you credit if he edits the image, if he makes another image from scratch that doesn't look like yours, then don't expect him to give you credit.

Now on-topic, this mod is pretty cool now, but i agree with them, this would be better with more portal entities.

alesan99

Post » 19 Jul 2014, 00:30

Villager103 wrote:Also, I think you should change High Energy Pellet launchers and catchers to be 2 blocks in height or width. And move the pellet into the middle.I have a texture for them if you want it.
You also suggested that before :P

They look to big if I make it two tiles big so they'll still be one tile big but i'll make a separate version that centers them.

FuriousTH

Post » 19 Jul 2014, 07:24

Alessan99!!!!

The Cheepcheep error persists!
Same with the error of the flipblock
Please FIX!!!

Thanks...