[UPDATE 13.1] Alesan99's Entities (Clear Pipes, Tracks, & more!)

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
Mr.Q.Marx?

Post » 09 Apr 2014, 17:43

alesan, I thought it was awesome.
I think if anyone else did it, I'd throw a hissy but you or Hugo I believed could do it so not only was I fooled I felt like it was an accurate parody of people's expectations of the mod.
It was funny, thoughtful and honestly the best April Fools joke I saw this time around.

gemwrecker

Post » 09 Apr 2014, 20:01

There WAS a reason why I avoided the forum under April fools, And this is why.
That trick didn't get me, you see.

B-Man99

Post » 09 Apr 2014, 20:55

IEVAN POLKKA!
You have no idea how significant this is in the in-joke community Alesan
That was just great man :D
Was the song just this sped up? I couldn't tell.

alesan99

Post » 09 Apr 2014, 21:18

I just searched leek spin then sped that up so it sounded funnier.

VaultBoy101

Post » 11 Apr 2014, 00:56

Alesan,I think you should add in your enemies from the "Alesan99's enemies" enemy packs (the ones in the enemy repositorium); as you can't use both them and Alesan99's entities at the same time.
Note: Some are already there, e.g. Blue Koopa, goombrat, etc.
Here's a list of the ones that are only found in the enemy packs:
1. Yellow Koopa
2. Blue Virus
3. Bomb Koopa
4. Pipe Cannon
5. Micro Goomba
6. Rocky Wrench

If it's not too much trouble, would you be able to do that?
Thanks in advance if you do.

alesan99

Post » 11 Apr 2014, 01:04

VaultBoy101 wrote:Alesan,I think you should add in your enemies from the "Alesan99's enemies" enemy packs (the ones in the enemy repositorium); as you can't use both them and Alesan99's entities at the same time.
I'm focusing on moving my enemies to SE right now.
Moving my enemies from my enemy packs to my mod would cause a mess.
I'm not really going to update my mod (The most recent update was mostly bug fixes since converting my mod to LOVE 0.9.0/0.9.1 caused some problems) often anyway.
So right now only want to make new enemies for SE.
but hey, I might change my mind.

Squidish

Post » 11 Apr 2014, 01:48

alesan99 wrote:
online post wrote:To avoid confusion, this was made on April fools
DARN IT!!! Thought you'd be good enough to do that :(
2. how DO i use that with enemy tools then? man, i am SO behind.

alesan99

Post » 11 Apr 2014, 02:01

PrincessKiller wrote:1. DARN IT!!! Thought you'd be good enough to do that :(
2. how DO i use that with enemy tools then? man, i am SO behind.
I don't own a server, so i can't do it.

Enemy tools spawn enemies, so just right click it, type in what enemy you want it to spawn, and link it to a square wave.

VaultBoy101

Post » 11 Apr 2014, 09:48

alesan99 wrote:
VaultBoy101 wrote:Alesan,I think you should add in your enemies from the "Alesan99's enemies" enemy packs (the ones in the enemy repositorium); as you can't use both them and Alesan99's entities at the same time.
I'm focusing on moving my enemies to SE right now.
Moving my enemies from my enemy packs to my mod would cause a mess.
I'm not really going to update my mod (The most recent update was mostly bug fixes since converting my mod to LOVE 0.9.0/0.9.1 caused some problems) often anyway.
So right now only want to make new enemies for SE.
but hey, I might change my mind.
Oh, well, okay.
:(

Cainne027

Post » 24 Apr 2014, 10:36

alesan99 wrote:
Superjustinbros wrote:The graphics for the SMBS enemies look a bit sloppy...
Sloppy? You mean the colors? I ripped the sprites from SMBS then recolored them with the nes palette.
yeah, honestly i noticed that too, other wise, i already create a concept work (or maybe it is already since it's exactly the same) of a better goombrat and micro-goomba for additional entities, if you ask me to post it here i think i just sent it you via "Facebook" with the other entities i made sir. woops i forgot, i idolized your works so i think you must fix the king bill, on Super Mario World kingBill exist and it doesn't destroy anything on it's path, i think you need to fix it because it look's like a "Huge-Mario" only with a Bullet form. plus can we add The Chargin' Chuck. because it's a better partner of Boo in the game since it only acts as a moving shell of your "Giant Beetle" with some delay on each edge of the floortiles. also the "Cape thing" on the Supermarioworld that exactly acts like your racoon feather. it's a nice adds on through this game, even wheatley from the Portal, we can use him as another entity and boss entity (the one will acts as "G-man" type entity that will encountered by players then vanished after a moment, and the other is "GLaDOS" type Boss) and from the portal i can make via "Animation tile" of shredder and crushers, and some easter eggs of Black mesa and Potato GLaDOS. yeah i'm your avid fan and for the sake of the Gamers i will help you for free.
i hope you will teach me how to add Entities, please. thankyou...... godbless

MissingWorld

Post » 24 Apr 2014, 13:29

Cainne027 wrote:on Super Mario World kingBill exist and it doesn't destroy anything on it's path, i think you need to fix it because it look's like a "Huge-Mario" only with a Bullet form.
No, you're thinking of Banzai Bill. King Bill is from New Super Mario Bros. Wii and destroys everything in its path. It's also significantly larger than a Banzai Bill.

As for the rest of the stuff, I'm no expert but I'm willing to say they're unruly requests.

alesan99

Post » 24 Apr 2014, 15:11

Cainne027 wrote:yeah, honestly i noticed that too, other wise, i already create a concept work (or maybe it is already since it's exactly the same) of a better goombrat and micro-goomba for additional entities, if you ask me to post it here i think i just sent it you via "Facebook" with the other entities i made sir. woops i forgot, i idolized your works so i think you must fix the king bill, on Super Mario World kingBill exist and it doesn't destroy anything on it's path, i think you need to fix it because it look's like a "Huge-Mario" only with a Bullet form. plus can we add The Chargin' Chuck. because it's a better partner of Boo in the game since it only acts as a moving shell of your "Giant Beetle" with some delay on each edge of the floortiles. also the "Cape thing" on the Supermarioworld that exactly acts like your racoon feather. it's a nice adds on through this game, even wheatley from the Portal, we can use him as another entity and boss entity (the one will acts as "G-man" type entity that will encountered by players then vanished after a moment, and the other is "GLaDOS" type Boss) and from the portal i can make via "Animation tile" of shredder and crushers, and some easter eggs of Black mesa and Potato GLaDOS. yeah i'm your avid fan and for the sake of the Gamers i will help you for free.
i hope you will teach me how to add Entities, please. thankyou...... godbless
umm... thanks?
I'm kinda confused since you change subject on each sentence.
Cainne027 wrote:yeah, honestly i noticed that too, other wise, i already create a concept work (or maybe it is already since it's exactly the same) of a better goombrat and micro-goomba for additional entities, if you ask me to post it here i think i just sent it you via "Facebook" with the other entities i made sir
Wait what, concept work? I really don't need concept work. I think goombrats and microgoombas look fine.
Cainne027 wrote:i idolized your works so i think you must fix the king bill, on Super Mario World kingBill exist and it doesn't destroy anything on it's path, i think you need to fix it because it look's like a "Huge-Mario" only with a Bullet form.
Like MissingWorld said, there are no king bills in Super Mario World. There are only banzai bills in it.
King bills are from New Super Mario Bros Wii.
Cainne027 wrote:plus can we add The Chargin' Chuck. because it's a better partner of Boo in the game since it only acts as a moving shell of your "Giant Beetle" with some delay on each edge of the floortiles. also the "Cape thing" on the Supermarioworld that exactly acts like your racoon feather. it's a nice adds on through this game, even wheatley from the Portal, we can use him as another entity and boss entity (the one will acts as "G-man" type entity that will encountered by players then vanished after a moment, and the other is "GLaDOS" type Boss) and from the portal i can make via "Animation tile" of shredder and crushers, and some easter eggs of Black mesa and Potato GLaDOS.
Ok I'll guess these are suggestions.
Yeah, I'm to make Chargin' Chucks, but they aren't exactly like giant beetles.
The cape feather acts similar to a raccoon, but powerups take a lot of effort.
And bosses take a lot of effort too so don't expect those either.
YOU can make the animated tile crushers, shredders, and easter eggs with the mod so idk why you're telling me.
Cainne027 wrote:yeah i'm your avid fan and for the sake of the Gamers i will help you for free.
i hope you will teach me how to add Entities
This mod is called "ALESAN99's entities". I want to work on this mod by my self.
I can't teach you how to add entities, but you can always read guides.

Pixels

Post » 08 May 2014, 23:20

I'm having a few issues with this. Whenever I attempt to start the bare love file, it gives me "attempt to call field 'mod' (a nil value)". Apparently this is because lua changed from mod to fmod, so I just replace the value in every file using

Code: Select all

find . -maxdepth 1 -type f -exec sed -i "s/mod/fmod/g" {} \;
Now, the real problem is whenever I see a castle fire, I get

Code: Select all

Error: game.lua:4713: attempt to index global 'castlefire' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
	game.lua:4713: in function 'spawnenemy'
	game.lua:2722: in function 'startlevel'
	editor.lua:2760: in function 'func'
	gui.lua:427: in function 'click'
	main.lua:1984: in function <main.lua:1965>
	[string "boot.lua"]:425: in function <[string "boot.lua"]:399>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
What's the problem?

I'm using lua 5.2.3 and love 0.9.1 on Arch Linux.

FuriousTH

Post » 10 Jun 2014, 04:37

How to do convert the executable alessan99entities to love file? , but the download file for LOVE 0.8.0 has no available and the source for LOVE 0.9.0 has got bugs, example: how do place a ninji in any level, the game crash, when I'm riding yoshi and squsdh an enemy will also crash and when I want to change the controls also crash!

Pleasa update the link of LOVE 0.8.0 for playing good, thanks...

alesan99

Post » 10 Jun 2014, 13:23

Thanks for the bug reports.
I'm not making my mod for an outdated version of love though.

Superjustinbros

Post » 10 Jun 2014, 15:52

Oh my, I love how much this mod progressed since the last time I checked it out.
Alesan99, you are a true legend.

FuriousTH

Post » 10 Jun 2014, 22:20

alesan99 wrote:Thanks for the bug reports.
Ok, but fix the bugs in the game, thanks

alesan99

Post » 10 Jun 2014, 23:21

Superjustinbros wrote:Oh my, I love how much this mod progressed since the last time I checked it out.
Alesan99, you are a true legend.
Thanks a lot!
FuriousHedgehog wrote:
alesan99 wrote:Thanks for the bug reports.
Ok, but fix the bugs in the game, thanks
I already fixed all of them except changing the controls. You can do it via .txt editing or changing them with the 0.8.0 version though

alesan99

Post » 13 Jun 2014, 19:57

PROGRESS UPDATE

Get ready for the next update of Alesan99's Entities!
I added a new "cheat" that makes you only able to see the things near you!

Sergione

Post » 15 Jun 2014, 13:22

You could create a Donkey Kong throwing barrels?

I'd like to have it in your mod! :D

Anyway congrats for all the effort you make to dedicate yourself to this mod!!!

alesan99

Post » 15 Jun 2014, 13:40

Thank you!

I'll add donkey kong.

Sunset_Moth

Post » 15 Jun 2014, 21:54

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark moooooooooooooooooooode! 
SE has cool utilities like selection, could you add more things like that?

alesan99

Post » 15 Jun 2014, 22:21

I'm not sure what to make donkey kong do :/
About the utilities, I'll see if I feel like doing it.

Some thing i've added to and have planned for the new update.
  • Bug fixes
  • Resizable window
  • Navigate the menu with you mouse
  • some graphics inprovments
  • dark mode cheat
  • P button (changes coins to blocks and vice versa)
  • Online update/dlc/patches system :D

I LÖVE LUA

Post » 16 Jun 2014, 11:57

Achivement get : First mappack made with a mod.

This is a GlaDos final boss mappack thing. I used :
  • GlaDos (of course)
  • Text entities
  • Companion cube
  • Foreground tiles
  • Region Trigger
  • Wind and Ice !!!
Screenshots :
ImageWind machine
Download

Mr.Q.Marx?

Post » 16 Jun 2014, 15:23

Sergione wrote:You could create a Donkey Kong throwing barrels?
alesan99 wrote:I'm not sure what to make donkey kong do :/
Throw barrels every 3 seconds like the arcade game?

alesan99

Post » 16 Jun 2014, 17:33

I know he will throw barrels but will he just be stationary and part of the background?

Spider-Man

Post » 17 Jun 2014, 08:06

This mod is the best mod of Mari0 i have ever played. I rate this mod 9/10 -1 for the bugs. This is what got me back to Mari0. Thank you for making this mod,alesan!
I really hope this mod will get alot of downloads.

Spider-Man

Post » 17 Jun 2014, 17:43

I apologize for the double post, but here's a quick suggestion.

http://mario.wikia.com/wiki/File:Broozer.png

Remember those broozers, when they first appeared in NSMB? I like that enemy. Add it, i'm not demanding. Just take your time as you get this in your todo list.

Spider-Man

Post » 19 Jun 2014, 15:55

I apologize for the bump, but here's a quick suggestion.
Remember those broozers, when they first appeared in NSMB? I like that enemy. Add it, i'm not demanding. Just take your time as you get this in your todo list.

HowToEatGirafes

Post » 19 Jun 2014, 16:43

Spider Mario you posted twice the same post . He will (or won't) add broozer just wait and also , don't triple post

alesan99

Post » 19 Jun 2014, 23:35

Progress Update
ImageImage
I added the P switch/button and resizable windows.

The p switch turns all coins into bricks and bricks into coins for 8 seconds.
In the options menu you can set your scale to "resizable" by selecting the last option on the scale slot english, y u so hard
That means the maximize button actually does something!
Last edited by alesan99 on 20 Jun 2014, 15:13, edited 1 time in total.

FuriousTH

Post » 19 Jun 2014, 23:52

hmm no, the bug when crushes yoshi a koopa-troopa any normal or winged, the game will crash and has not been fixed, and there is the dark mode cheat or the P Switch has no update, and found another bug in the swivel block, just put it and start playing it crash too, please fix these errors, thanks ...

alesan99

Post » 19 Jun 2014, 23:57

FuriousHedgehog wrote:hmm no, the bug when crushes yoshi a koopa-troopa any normal or winged, the game will crash and has not been fixed, and found another bug in the swivel block, just put it and start playing it crash too, please fix these errors, thanks
Ok I will fix these bugs
FuriousHedgehog wrote:and there is the dark mode cheat or the P Switch has no update
You probably didn't know this but the update isn't released yet.
The post says "PROGRESS UPDATE" which means I'm just showing the progress I made on the update, not that it's released.

FuriousTH

Post » 20 Jun 2014, 00:18

alesan99 wrote:
FuriousHedgehog wrote:hmm no, the bug when crushes yoshi a koopa-troopa any normal or winged, the game will crash and has not been fixed, and found another bug in the swivel block, just put it and start playing it crash too, please fix these errors, thanks
Ok I will fix these bugs
FuriousHedgehog wrote:and there is the dark mode cheat or the P Switch has no update
You probably didn't know this but the update isn't released yet.
The post says "PROGRESS UPDATE" which means I'm just showing the progress I made on the update, not that it's released.
oh sorry, did not think so ... I have to wait, but bugs like crushing an yoshi koopa follow, and also the rotating block, then where is the fix?

Is this screenshots of errors

Of yoshi...

And flipblock

Spider-Man

Post » 20 Jun 2014, 15:09

Sorry for the triple post. Also, alesan, Nice adding those p-switches!

Sunset_Moth

Post » 23 Jun 2014, 02:39

I think the forums freaked out, not you posting the same thing twice.

HansAgain

Post » 23 Jun 2014, 04:31

He DID post the same thing twice, the second post was made more than a day after the first one, and the second post is slightly different from the first one.
Maybe he thought he was being ignored.

Spider-Man

Post » 23 Jun 2014, 18:34

Hans1998 wrote:He DID post the same thing twice, the second post was made more than a day after the first one, and the second post is slightly different from the first one.
Maybe he thought he was being ignored.
Yeah. Idk why the forums are being inactive.

alesan99

Post » 23 Jun 2014, 19:39

I try to reply to as many posts as possible but if the only thing I could say is "Ok" I'd rather not post anything.

HowToEatGirafes

Post » 01 Jul 2014, 23:23

I have Autism wrote:Please give him another chance?
Wary (if you) you're fool

Firaga

Post » 02 Jul 2014, 01:54

I have Autism wrote:Alesan99, again I apologize for my son who has AUTISM and has trouble sometimes communicating. He tends to say out loud or write down what he's always thinking. He was never trying to pester you or be a troll, he simply loves your modding on entities and just always wants to talk to you, sort of like you are a celebrity to him. He's very good on the computer, maybe someday he will be able to do the programming himself.
Anyways, my son has had 2-3 accounts De-actictivated and he's been really upset about it so this time I will keep the account (I have Autism) so people don;t get so upset by his repetitive posts and I will try checking in that he's not upsetting the threads from people just not understanding him and his Autism. He truly loves the game Mari0 and uses it everyday creating custom levels, etc.
Please give him another chance? Thank you.
Yes, because calling your username I Have Autism and then saying its your son doesn't make you seem stupid.
If your son has had accounts deactivated, well that's his own damn fault. Autism is a serious disease, however there are rules to be followed. No alt accounts, no acting like an asshole. Ask Saso and maybe his account will be reactivated and try again.

Now, on topic, Alesan, I can't wait for the next update. This is a lot better than before!

TurretBot

Post » 02 Jul 2014, 08:12

Because clearly someone who has trouble communicating should be on a place where you communicate.
Like, say, a forum.

Automatik

Post » 02 Jul 2014, 14:44

TurretBot wrote:Because clearly someone who has trouble communicating should be on a place where you communicate.
Like, say, a forum.
Technically, It could learn him to communicate.
But yeah, there is a lot of autists on this forum, and they are not assholes.

Mr.Q.Marx?

Post » 02 Jul 2014, 19:47

I have autism mate, just get better. People who don't communicate well should have to learn from the outcomes of communicating badly. I've only been banned from the forum once. I just took it in my stride and logged back into my account after my time was done. Learning to follow rules is something society teaches people because they need to understand why rules are put in place.
An equivalent to 'your son' making alts is 'your son' being thrown in jail and electing to not go to jail. That's just not how this can work.
Do you see the issue? Learning is important.

Also yeah. Alesan. Good work with the mod.

TurretBot

Post » 02 Jul 2014, 21:46

Okay if this continues it needs to be somewhere else
For some reason I thought there was actual mod stuff in here

gemwrecker

Post » 03 Jul 2014, 21:43

I have Autism wrote:He tends to say out loud or write down what he's always thinking.
Eh? That doesn't make any sense.
Autism is causing social behaviors to work incorrectly. Not that you have to share everything you're thinking (And yes, this is coming from a person that has Autism (More specific: Asberger)). For example: People with Autism has a harder time understanding people than people without it. This especially goes to irony.

However, you can't only blame it on him. A Diagnosis can sometimes be a  bitch  and the worst thing is that most of them is stuck with you for your whole life. But they also bring positive side effects. For example: People with Autism has more activity around the creative side, resulting in coming up with brilliant ideas and thoughts. Also (Don't know if this is true, though), when they've defeated the social part of Autism, they usually have the possibillity to understand people much better than ordinary people. The "Perspectives" as they're called (Possibillity to see it from other people's point of view), is also very strong. That means that they're not very likely to, for example, laugh at a person in pain. Instead, they usually understand that they are really hurt, and instead rather chooses to help the person that got hurt.

But I do understand him. If he'll do anything like this again, try to explain to him instead (But if he's repeating the same thing, then it's his fault (Because that's not part of Autism, that's trolling)). A person with Autism takes in help and information very easily.

Sky

Post » 03 Jul 2014, 22:07

TurretBot wrote:Okay if this continues it needs to be somewhere else

B-Man99

Post » 04 Jul 2014, 01:05

I have Autism wrote:I hate Bad Words.
I don't think this is a necessary thing to post
The majority of us aren't WiloKing don't swear excessively although chances are you will see some "Bad Words" around here, so please try to deal with it as much as you can
Please try to stay on topic though. because this has nothing to do with Alesan's entities and - oh yeah this sums it up pretty well:
TurretBot wrote:Okay if this continues it needs to be somewhere else

Sergione

Post » 05 Jul 2014, 17:29

I can't wait for it to arrive a new update of the mod