[v1.1 - DISCONTINUED] Mari0:HEC (HugoBDesigner's Entities and Customization)

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
TurretBot

Post » 04 Aug 2013, 18:51

HugoBDesigner wrote:
Turret Opera wrote:Also how did you put portals on a grey surface.
Um... I'm not sure what you mean...
In your avatar.

BobTheLawyer

Post » 04 Aug 2013, 19:11

Hugo's got Mad Skillz

HugoBDesigner

Post » 04 Aug 2013, 20:42

Turret Opera wrote:In your avatar.
BobTheLawyer wrote:Hugo's got Mad Skillz
They're not grey surfaces. They're white surface, but, because of perspective, they look like grey surfaces. The avatar in it's best quality show it better:
Last edited by HugoBDesigner on 05 Aug 2013, 04:30, edited 1 time in total.

eraykaan

Post » 04 Aug 2013, 20:55

Still looks like grey to me -,-

BobTheLawyer

Post » 04 Aug 2013, 21:24

No. It's white. A really dark shade of white that is more than half way to black.

TurretBot

Post » 04 Aug 2013, 23:37

BobTheLawyer wrote:No. It's white. A really dark shade of white that is more than half way to black.
A.K.A Grey

HugoBDesigner

Post » 18 Aug 2013, 22:36

WaryLouka wrote:Sorry for bumping, but when this is coming out seriously?
I've asked Qcode to make some bug fixes, so this is going to be soon. Sorry for the long wait, but, just like SE, there are some features that I'm planning adding before updating, and I don't plan releasing without them. But, if you're curious about it's progress, I'm posting it on my blog. Things like this:

Gramanaitor

Post » 18 Aug 2013, 22:38

HugoBDesigner wrote:
I've asked Qcode to make some bug fixes, so this is going to be soon. Sorry for the long wait, but, just like SE, there are some features that I'm planning adding before updating, and I don't plan releasing without them. But, if you're curious about it's progress, I'm posting it on my blog. Things like this:
Hugo, I have to admit your a genius! Is it possible though that in one of your updates to make emancipation grills (EDIT:) and gels turn on/off?
Last edited by Gramanaitor on 18 Aug 2013, 23:01, edited 2 times in total.

Mari0Maker

Post » 18 Aug 2013, 22:39

I hope that stuff gets added to SE. :D

TurretBot

Post » 19 Aug 2013, 02:18

Mari0Maker wrote:I hope that stuff gets added to SE. :D
I hope he just makes the rest of the features in SE. :D

HansAgain

Post » 19 Aug 2013, 03:18

HugoBDesigner wrote:
Now i can make the stopping barrier! (i think "stopper" is better)
EDIT: and platforms, and a lot of things!
i will use those stuff in my next "Pato" mappack: Bad Science, starred by Luigi, it will be great.
but first i need to comlpete my actual mappack (almost complete now)

HugoBDesigner

Post » 19 Aug 2013, 12:08

Hans1998 wrote: Now i can make the stopping barrier! (i think "stopper" is better)
EDIT: and platforms, and a lot of things!
i will use those stuff in my next "Pato" mappack: Bad Science, starred by Luigi, it will be great.
but first i need to comlpete my actual mappack (almost complete now)
Just for reference, you can already add the properties. They'll not do anything to the tile, but will work on the mod. Use this as a reference:
And add the properties: "Solid", "No Player Collision", "Custom Collision (of whatever side lasers/light beams are hitting)", "Entities Sides" and "Grid". This will make exactly what you want :)

EDIT: Forget about "Grid" (for now). They'll make the entities pass through the block. I'll try to fix it (it was meant to be a feature, but I can just stick it to "Entities Sides"). But, even without the grid, that's how it is working now:

But, as soon as I fix it (probably later today) I'll send you the tileset with these properties :)

idiot9.0

Post » 24 Aug 2013, 23:49

And I think you're an impatient prick.

If Hugo wants to take his time to finish it, then let him. He does have a life, too. He can't spend all day working on a mod.

So just shut up and just wait for the release. Complaining won't do shit. Either that or just leave because no one wants to hear you bitch.

Qcode

Post » 25 Aug 2013, 00:14

WaryLouka wrote:
idiot9.0 wrote:And I think you're an impatient prick.

If Hugo wants to take his time to finish it, then let him. He does have a life, too. He can't spend all day working on a mod.

So just shut up and just wait for the release. Complaining won't do shit. Either that or just leave because no one wants to hear you bitch.
Thanks for not realizing i was being friendly, meaning to not offense, that i was not complaining like a Girly Teenager in his moodswings who is still in Secondary School, and that i just said that he's "lazy" in a cool and friendly way. Well done for being a professional sensationalist asshole!
It's obvious hugo is a hard working guy. He'd probably take offense to being called lazy even if it was in the "cool and friendly" way.
It's pretty easy to mistake it being a "cool and friendly" comment because you're just complaining about non-finished projects. Which is all you ever do on this forum and is negative in most regards.

kevansevans

Post » 25 Aug 2013, 00:53

Wary, No one here see you working on something this ambitious, why don't you make your own damn mod? And no, Small Edition doesn't count, anyone with a backspace or delete key could of done that.

As for Hugo, i really like this, it's an incredibly functional mod, I can't say I dislike anything.

Gramanaitor

Post » 25 Aug 2013, 01:23

WaryLouka wrote:I think Hugo is just lazy :)
Read his blog Wary. He's uploading at least two things per week.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 25 Aug 2013, 03:22

I don't understand why you're all making this rampage. Just to answer all the questions at once...

No, I'm not lazy: I'm busy. I'm still studying, and actually more than ever. I'm in the last year of High School, which means that I'm studying a lot, in order to enter a good university. I'm making an English course, and in the next month I'll start a computer course. Let's say that 90% of my free time is dedicated to this mod. Trust me. Also, now with my 2 threads of maps and mods rating (and a movie project with a friend of mine), I have even less free time, for me and for the mod...

Yes, I'm working hard on it. Just like Maurice with SE, there are some feature I wanna finish before releasing the newest mod update. Qcode knows what I'm talking about. Since he's helping me a lot with my mod, he knows how much I've already made (and I'm still doing). Since this is taking a lot longer than I though, I'm gonna have to release the update without a few things...

And yes, I'm showing everything in my blog (at least, most of my work). For example, right now I'm posting on it. So, if you wanna check, click here. Or just see below:

Camewel

Post » 25 Aug 2013, 10:02

WaryLouka wrote:
idiot9.0 wrote:And I think you're an impatient prick.

Thanks for not realizing i was being friendly, meaning to not offense, that i was not complaining like a Girly Teenager in his moodswings who is still in Secondary School, and that i just said that he's "lazy" in a cool and friendly way. Well done for being a professional sensationalist asshole!
no no dude he was calling you an impatient prick in a cool and friendly way chill out bro he was being friendly no offence meant

TurretBot

Post » 25 Aug 2013, 17:13

WaryLouka wrote:I think Hugo is just lazy :)
Honestly people...

idiot9.0

Post » 25 Aug 2013, 18:01

Smiley face =/= cool and friendly. If you say "ohey why no updates maybe he's lazy herp derp release already" in any way, shape, or form you're going to look like an impatient prick.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 04 Sep 2013, 18:14

Sorry for the bump, but just a message for users who want my next update on the mod. I've been working on it for quite a long time (actually a lot longer than I expected), and there are a lot of features I'm planning on adding. Considering that I don't have so much time and some users don't care much about some of these features, I decided to ask here what features are priority and what aren't. They're writen in the list below, and you guys will tell me what features should be added first. Of course I'll add all them, but in future releases. So, here are they:

*(spoiler cause there's a lot of features)
Commander:
- They'll have an input window where you'll be able to type commands and, each time they're activated, their commands will be executed.
Examples: "timelimit add 10"; "player1 lives set 3"; "playertype set gelcannon"

Environmental Trigger:
- They'll have an input window where you'll be able to type commands, and each time it's event happens in-game, it'll send an output signal.
Examples: "on levelstart"; "on player1 deadcause = laser"; "on enemy goomba stomped"

Text Entities:
- They'd show a custom text when powered. They'd have customizable texts, size, color, position, alignment, etc.
Example: "a green 'START' text that, when clicked (using 'on mouseclick' command from Environmental Trigger), would start something"; "a white 'TEST' text by Wheatley"; "colored dialogues from characters (or even as a subtitle, because you'd be able to have custom sounds with 'sound play = *sound name*' command on Commander)"

Trigger:
- They'll be activated if some specified entity (such as players or enemies) touches it's area.
Examples: "Player"; "Goomba"; "Gel"

Custom Platforms:
- They can or cannot be activated by inputs. They'd spawn entities (platforms) with custom sizes, custom textures, custom speed and custom direction (you can even set the start point and the end point). They could have properties for going back/forth, to start moving when activated, etc.
Examples: "Oscilating diagonal platforms"; "Spawning down-to-up platforms"; "Bonus-ish platforms"

Underwater:
- I wasn't sure if I'd make this as an entity, a property of tiles or a command from Commander, but I decided doing it as an area entity. They'd simulate underwater level in some specific areas, even in overworld levels.
Examples: "a lake"; "a pool"; "a river"

Collider:
- They'd simulate tiles or colliding entities, but with any size. They could be used for invisible walls, for example. Along with this I'd add a feature that'd make players "climb" blocks/entities if they were 8 or less pixels higher than the player.
Examples: "stairs"; "rounded surfaces"; "invisible blocks"

Custom Overlay Data:
- They're not entities, but texts where you'd be able to set position, size and appearence of existing data (such as score or time) or even add custom data (they'd only allow texts, numbers, images or predefined variables, from command "variable new *name* *value*" from Commanders).
Example: "Number of goomba kills"; "A detailing frame"; "Amount of lives"

Tile Properties:
###Animation:
###- They'd be just like "coinblock" is right now: they'd remove the tile's texture and replace it with an animation. Differently from
###SE animated tiles, their properties would not change, but you'd be able to simulate this by adding Commanders with the
###command "tile *x* *y* set *tilenumber*".
###Examples: "waterfalls"; "rain"; "gears"

###Pixelcollision:
###- They'd act just like colliders, but they'd make every non-transparent pixel as a colliding block.
###Examples: "stairs"; "rounded surfaces"; "half blocks"
So, I need you guys to tell me which of these features should be considered first. I'll surely make all them, but I just need to know what features I should make for the very next release. Thanks!

NOTE: In a scale from 0 to 10, here are the difficulty (and consequently amount of time) of doing each of them:

Commander = 7; Environmental Trigger = 9; Text entities = 3; Trigger = 4; Custom Platforms = 6; Underwater = 6; Collider = 8; Custom Overlay Data = 6; Animation Property = 6; Pixel Collision Property = 8

MM102

Post » 06 Sep 2013, 03:48

Bug:
when ever I click some where on the title screen it extremely lags my game and dose this:
(imagine this but 5x slower)

In extreme cases it crashes Love but, if I enter the game or editor it stops and the game runs perfect again

HansAgain

Post » 06 Sep 2013, 04:05

HugoBDesigner wrote:Sorry for the bump, but just a message for users who want my next update on the mod. I've been working on it for quite a long time (actually a lot longer than I expected), and there are a lot of features I'm planning on adding. Considering that I don't have so much time and some users don't care much about some of these features, I decided to ask here what features are priority and what aren't. They're writen in the list below, and you guys will tell me what features should be added first. Of course I'll add all them, but in future releases. So, here are they:

*(spoiler cause there's a lot of features)
Commander:
- They'll have an input window where you'll be able to type commands and, each time they're activated, their commands will be executed.
Examples: "timelimit add 10"; "player1 lives set 3"; "playertype set gelcannon"

Environmental Trigger:
- They'll have an input window where you'll be able to type commands, and each time it's event happens in-game, it'll send an output signal.
Examples: "on levelstart"; "on player1 deadcause = laser"; "on enemy goomba stomped"

Text Entities:
- They'd show a custom text when powered. They'd have customizable texts, size, color, position, alignment, etc.
Example: "a green 'START' text that, when clicked (using 'on mouseclick' command from Environmental Trigger), would start something"; "a white 'TEST' text by Wheatley"; "colored dialogues from characters (or even as a subtitle, because you'd be able to have custom sounds with 'sound play = *sound name*' command on Commander)"

Trigger:
- They'll be activated if some specified entity (such as players or enemies) touches it's area.
Examples: "Player"; "Goomba"; "Gel"

Custom Platforms:
- They can or cannot be activated by inputs. They'd spawn entities (platforms) with custom sizes, custom textures, custom speed and custom direction (you can even set the start point and the end point). They could have properties for going back/forth, to start moving when activated, etc.
Examples: "Oscilating diagonal platforms"; "Spawning down-to-up platforms"; "Bonus-ish platforms"

Underwater:
- I wasn't sure if I'd make this as an entity, a property of tiles or a command from Commander, but I decided doing it as an area entity. They'd simulate underwater level in some specific areas, even in overworld levels.
Examples: "a lake"; "a pool"; "a river"

Collider:
- They'd simulate tiles or colliding entities, but with any size. They could be used for invisible walls, for example. Along with this I'd add a feature that'd make players "climb" blocks/entities if they were 8 or less pixels higher than the player.
Examples: "stairs"; "rounded surfaces"; "invisible blocks"

Custom Overlay Data:
- They're not entities, but texts where you'd be able to set position, size and appearence of existing data (such as score or time) or even add custom data (they'd only allow texts, numbers, images or predefined variables, from command "variable new *name* *value*" from Commanders).
Example: "Number of goomba kills"; "A detailing frame"; "Amount of lives"

Tile Properties:
###Animation:
###- They'd be just like "coinblock" is right now: they'd remove the tile's texture and replace it with an animation. Differently from
###SE animated tiles, their properties would not change, but you'd be able to simulate this by adding Commanders with the
###command "tile *x* *y* set *tilenumber*".
###Examples: "waterfalls"; "rain"; "gears"

###Pixelcollision:
###- They'd act just like colliders, but they'd make every non-transparent pixel as a colliding block.
###Examples: "stairs"; "rounded surfaces"; "half blocks"
So, I need you guys to tell me which of these features should be considered first. I'll surely make all them, but I just need to know what features I should make for the very next release. Thanks!

NOTE: In a scale from 0 to 10, here are the difficulty (and consequently amount of time) of doing each of them:

Commander = 7; Environmental Trigger = 9; Text entities = 3; Trigger = 4; Custom Platforms = 6; Underwater = 6; Collider = 8; Custom Overlay Data = 6; Animation Property = 6; Pixel Collision Property = 8
I think you should make them starting by the easiest to the hardest.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 06 Sep 2013, 05:19

mariomaster102 wrote:Bug:
when ever I click some where on the title screen it extremely lags my game and dose this:
(imagine this but 5x slower)

In extreme cases it crashes Love but, if I enter the game or editor it stops and the game runs perfect again
That's extremely weird. Can you explain better what you made in order to get this bug? I tried reproducing it, but I just couldn't figure out how you managed to get this...
Hans1998 wrote:I think you should make them starting by the easiest to the hardest.
All right then, but notice that some "easier" features are less useful than the "harder" ones. I'll take your suggestion, but are you suggesting this to have the release faster or you really think it'd be better?

EDIT: Just for reference, It'd be something like this:
Text entities = 3; Trigger = 4; Custom Overlay Data = 6; Animation Property = 6; Underwater = 6; Custom Platforms = 6; Commander = 7; Collider = 8; Pixel Collision Property = 8; Environmental Trigger = 9;

MM102

Post » 06 Sep 2013, 14:52

when I click off the screen then click back the screen messes up and crashes love
then frame count in the corner is also incorrect

HugoBDesigner

Post » 06 Sep 2013, 19:03

mariomaster102 wrote:
when I click off the screen then click back the screen messes up and crashes love
I can't check it now because I'm on my computing course, but as soon as I get home I'll look at this. I just can't imagine why this is happening... I haven't changed menu_mousepressed very much, but as soon as I fix this I'll let you know.

@Everyone: My next release will be in 2 weeks or less, I hope. I'll only finish "Multigui", "Custom overlay data", "Commanders" and "Environmental Trigger" and I'll release my next update. The other features will be added in future versions...

Automatik

Post » 06 Sep 2013, 19:47

mariomaster102 wrote:
Does it happen in Vanilla Mari0? I highly doubt it's a bug from the mod, It must come from your graphics card or something.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 06 Sep 2013, 19:58

Automatik wrote:Does it happen in Vanilla Mari0? I highly doubt it's a bug from the mod, It must come from your graphics card or something.
The poping graphics may be a graphic card error, but the laggy menu probably isn't. It is probably caused by the custom menu bug Qcode fixed for me. This lag was already fixed for the mod's next update, but if you guys want it, I can do a quick fix for the current version...

MM102

Post » 07 Sep 2013, 05:10

1.@Automatik this bug does not happen in vailla mari0
2.the menu lag only happens during the bug

iAmThEzC

Post » 14 Sep 2013, 14:43

I am a noob.....how to use mod?

Firaga

Post » 14 Sep 2013, 14:47

iAmThEzC wrote:I am a noob.....how to use mod?
Install Love2D first.
Then, just run the .love file in the download.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 15 Sep 2013, 00:32

Updated the mod to v0.8. Some features from this update:

• New properties
• Coin entities
•Transfering tilesets
• Toggleable gel dispensers
• Customizable level screens
• Multi-textured coin blocks
And many others! Also, for more informations about all them, just check my blog!

EDIT: There MAY have some bugs. If you find them, just tell me. But a note: I'll only fix them to my next update...

alesan99

Post » 15 Sep 2013, 00:36

OMG! I've been waiting so long for this update! Now I know what I am going to do the rest of the day.

Mari0Maker

Post » 15 Sep 2013, 00:36

*Everyone screams for joy*

HugoBDesigner

Post » 15 Sep 2013, 00:38

But don't forget: The cool features (like Text entity, Trigger, Commander, Environmental Trigger, Multigui and others) are not in this version...

EDIT: If I forgot to add something to the update's list, let me know...

Qcode

Post » 15 Sep 2013, 01:16

Is that custom variable loader I wrote for you not in 0.8?

HugoBDesigner

Post » 15 Sep 2013, 02:02

Qcode wrote:Is that custom variable loader I wrote for you not in 0.8?
Yes, it is. Forgot to add. Thanks!

HansAgain

Post » 15 Sep 2013, 02:03

HugoBDesigner wrote:Updated the mod to v0.8. Some features from this update:

• New properties
• Coin entities
•Transfering tilesets
• Toggleable gel dispensers
• Customizable level screens
• Multi-textured coin blocks
And many others! Also, for more informations about all them, just check my blog!

EDIT: There MAY have some bugs. If you find them, just tell me. But a note: I'll only fix them to my next update...
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...(to the infinity, and beyond)!

EDIT: It's time to make a break in the making of my actual mappack and start with the other i mentioned but i think nobody remembers it.
Last edited by HansAgain on 15 Sep 2013, 03:24, edited 1 time in total.

TheGhostHunter

Post » 15 Sep 2013, 02:53

Nice work Hugo, a really like the loading bar and the other features you added. I will try to update my mappack with this new update, so, well done.

HansAgain

Post » 15 Sep 2013, 04:09

I think i found a bug here:

HugoBDesigner

Post » 15 Sep 2013, 20:48

Hans1998 wrote:I think i found a bug here:
What? How this happened? I'll try to fix it, but I have no idea of how this happened...

BobTheLawyer

Post » 24 Sep 2013, 02:09

Can you make a coinblock like attribute, but instead of turning to hitblock, it turns to whatever the next block is in your tileset (it does this regardless of what entity is contained in it, or none, so no coin needed)?
It should be easy, but give amazing possibilities.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 24 Sep 2013, 12:03

BobTheLawyer wrote:Can you make a coinblock like attribute, but instead of turning to hitblock, it turns to whatever the next block is in your tileset (it does this regardless of what entity is contained in it, or none, so no coin needed)?
It should be easy, but give amazing possibilities.
That's a great idea, Bob!It's quite simple to do it, the hard is: how to make others use this feature? Should them create a text file just for it? Put the tile number on the coin block texture's name (like "[tile ID]customcoinblock[next tile ID].png")? The idea will probably be added, but I'm not sure how. Give me suggestions, and thanks for this one!

EDIT: Page 3! I think it's the first time some of my threads come into 3rd page!

HugoBDesigner

Post » 25 Sep 2013, 07:08

Bump again. But some news: Commanders and Environmental Triggers are done (just need to add more commands to them), and I'll start making the Trigger entity (very easy, in my opinion). So, as soon as I finish them (and fix a few bugs), you all will get the
Super Mega Awesome 1.0 Update, which means you all will get the best thing I could have done to this mod. With Commanders/Environmental Triggers, you can control almost anything in the game. I have a lot of commands here, but I think I do have some time to ask for suggestions. I'll get the update released this week or the next (hopefully), so I want your suggestions
(SUGGESTIONS REQUESTS). If you're not sure about the power of Commanders/Environmental Triggers, here are some gifs (YAY!), a blog post, another blog post and, under the gifs, their commands (they're commands for Commanders only):

players givestar

players growstate big

players setjumping allowed and players setjumping disallowed

Here goes the list of the current commands (Warning! These lists are very big):

Commander:
timelimit:
• add (n)
• remove (n)
• set (n)
• disable
coincount
• add (n)
• remove (n)
• set (n)
• clear
scoreboard:
• add (n)
• remove (n)
• set (n)
• clear
players/player1/player2/player3/player4:
• setplayertype = (portal/minecraft/gelcannon/mario) *(for "players" only)
• teleport (x/+x/-x/~x/~+x/~-x) (y/ +y/ -y/ ~y/ ~+y/ ~-y)
• growstate (small/big/fire)
• givestar
• lives add (n)
• lives remove (n)
• lives set (n)
• lives infinite
• checkpoint (x)
• allowportal1
• allowportal2
• disallowportal1
• disallowportal2
• setportal1 = (n) *(for "player1", "player2", "player3" and "player4" only)
• setportal2 = (n) *(for "player1", "player2", "player3" and "player4" only)
• removeportal1
• removeportal2
• allowportals
• disallowportals
• removeportals
• resetportalsets
• makeanimation (walk/run/crouch/jump/reversewalk) way = (forward/backward) time = (n)
• setrunning (allowed/disallowed/always)
• setjumping (allowed/disallowed/always)
• setwalking (allowed/disallowed/always)
• setcrouching (allowed/disallowed/always)
• stopmoving
• lockcontrols
• unlockcontrols
• setpointingangle = (n) *(in degrees)
level:
• saveprogress
• restart
• goto (w)-(l)_(s) showlevelscreen = (b)
• set underwater = (b)
• set intermission = (b)
• set bonusstage = (b)
• set spriteset = (n)
• set music = (n)
• kill
• disable *(for "player2", "player3" and "player4" only)
cheat:
• set (cheat name) = (b)
• removeall
enemy:
• kill (enemy name/all) onscreen
• kill (enemy name/all) all
• spawn (enemy name) (x/~x) (y/~y) [speedx = (n) speedy = (n)]* ... (optional)
commander (commander name):
• disable
• enable
• deactivate
• activate
gravity = (n)/(normal)
shader1/shader2:
• set (shadername)
• disable
variable:
• new (variable name) = (n)/(text)/(trigger (trigger name) activator)
• remove (variable name)
• (variable name) add (n) *(to numeric variables only)
• (variable name) remove (n) *(to numeric variables only)
• (variable name) set (n)/(playersnumber/timepassed/timelimit/coincount/scoreboard/player1lives/player2lives/player3lives/player4lives) updatemode = (alwaysupdate/onload)
returntomenu
sound:
• play (sound name/sound file) times = (n)
• play (sound name/sound file) loop
• stop (sound name/all)
• setvolume = (n)
overlaydata:
• new (overlay name) = (n)/(text)/(image name/image file) (x/~x) (y/~y)
• (show/hide) (customname/time/timelimit/world/worldnumber/coinanim/coincount/scoreboard/all/overlay name)
envtrigger (environmental trigger name):
• enable
• disable
• activate
• deactivate
trigger (trigger name):
• enable
• disable
• activate
• deactivate
entity:
• new (entity name) (entity value/entity multigui data) (x/~x) (y/~y)
• remove (entity name/all) (onscreen/all)
• remove (x) (y)
replacetile
• (~x) (~y) = (new tile id)
• all (old tile id) = (new tile id)

TO BE ADDED LATER:
excursionfunnel (excursion funnel name):
• enable
• disable
• reverse
• set (blue/orange)
(n): a numeric value or the name of a numeric variable
(b): a boolean value (true or false)
(x)/(y): the x and y coordinates (in pixels)
(~x)/(~y): the x and y coordinates (in blocks)
(+x)/(+y): increases the current x and y coordinates
(-x)/(-y): decreases the current x and y coordinates
(w)-(l)_(s): world, level and sublevel

Environmental Trigger:
on levelload
on playertype = (portal/gelcannon/minecraft/mario)
on timepassed = (n)
on player1/player2/player3/player4:
• playing *(for "player2", "player3" and "player4" only)
• lives = (n)
• dead
• deadcause = (laser/enemy/acidgel/fire/bowserfire/deadlypit)
• jumping
• touchfloor
• crouching
• breakingblock *(hitting a breakable block from below and breaking it)
• breakingblock (tile id)
• breakingblock (~x) (~y)
• hittingblock *(hitting a breakable/question mark block from below and not breaking it)
• hittingblock (tile id)
• hittingblock (~x) (~y)
• portal1 shot
• portal2 shot
• portals shot any
• portal1 exists
• portal2 exists
• portals exists (both/any)
• portal1 removed
• portal2 removed
• portals removed (both/any)
• throughportals
• falling
• walking
• running
• growstate = (small/big/fire)
• gotstar
• holdingbox
• activatingbutton
• pushingbutton
• springing
• onemancipationgrill
• onbluegel
• onorangegel
• shotfireball
• fireballnumber = (n)
• enterpipe
• exitpipe
• reachflag
• touchsvine
• upvine
• reachaxe
• gotcoin
• stompenemy = (enemy name/any)
on timelimit = (n)
on coincount = (n)
on enemy (enemy name/any) (on screen/anywhere)/(x/~x) (y/~y) (dead/stomped/shotted/falling/jumping/shooting/throughportals)
on variable (variable name) = (n)/(b)
on trigger (trigger name):
• triggered
• triggeredby = (players/player1/player2/player3/player4/enemy name/entity name)
on mousepressed (mouse buttons) [(x/~x) (y/~y)]* ... (optional)
on mousereleased (mouse buttons) [(x/~x) (y/~y)]* ... (optional)
on keypressed (keyboard keys) [(x/~x) (y/~y)]* ... (optional)
on keyreleased (keyboard keys) [(x/~x) (y/~y)]* ... (optional)

TO BE ADDED LATER:
on player1/player2/player3/player4:
• enterexcursionfunnel

on joystickpressed
on joystickreleased
(n): a numeric value or the name of a numeric variable, "min = (n)", "max = (n)" or "min = (n) max = (n)"
(b): a boolean value (true or false)
(x)/(y): the x and y coordinates (in pixels), "min = (x/y)", "max = (x/y)" or "min = (x/y) max = (x/y)"
(~x)/(~y): the x and y coordinates (in blocks), "min = (~x/~y)", "max = (~x/~y)" or "min = (~x/~y) max = (~x/~y)"

Ah, and, also, there'll be 3 new properties for tilesets: a "looping animation", an "once only animation" and a "non-gel-able" one. So, since there'll not be much for this next update (and, luckily, I have some free time), I'm asking suggestions here.
Thanks for you time!

MM102

Post » 25 Sep 2013, 08:43

Suggestions:
-set player colors
-set player portal colors
-set player textures
-mute player sounds
-set timer to count upward
-on player collision
-set player collision can set cheats nvm
-set player controls
(I hope I didn't cross the line from suggestion to request)

Nice job on the mod so far! Also will you be adding conditions?

TurretBot

Post » 25 Sep 2013, 10:43

Billstart, billend, latiko start, latiko end, maze start, maze end, maze gate, and bowser for triggers.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 25 Sep 2013, 18:03

mariomaster102 wrote:Suggestions:
-set player colors Good one!
-set player portal colors Great too! But don't forget: we already have setportal to change their "IDs"
-set player textures Also a good one!
-mute player sounds Just for players? Becuase individual volumes for entities' sounds WILL be added later...
-set timer to count upward Already in: the "timepassed" variable
-on player collision Forgot to add to the list: there'll be checkers for each player side collision
-set player collision can set cheats nvm
-set player controls You mean change controls? Maybe not, since the keys are more easily used when yourself set them. But you can use the on keypressed command, if you want :)
But if you're talking about enabling/disabling controls, you can use player1 lockcontrols or player1 unlockcontrols...

(I hope I didn't cross the line from suggestion to request) No, you didn't :)

Nice job on the mod so far! Also will you be adding conditions?What do you mean by conditions? The Environmental Triggers already work as conditions. The Commands works via inputs, and Environmental Triggers makes outputs. So you can make a on player1 jump Env. Trig. triggers a player1 givestar Commander, for example...
Turret Opera wrote:Billstart, billend, latiko start, latiko end, maze start, maze end, maze gate, and bowser for triggers.
Actually, you can spawn entities with the entity command. Just spwan it right where you are!

TurretBot

Post » 25 Sep 2013, 22:49

HugoBDesigner wrote:
Turret Opera wrote:Billstart, billend, latiko start, latiko end, maze start, maze end, maze gate, and bowser for triggers.
Actually, you can spawn entities with the entity command. Just spwan it right where you are!
That's not what I meant. Not spawning them, but using those for triggers (e.g. latiko end reached --> trigger event) because those are triggers already.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 25 Sep 2013, 23:35

That's not what I meant. Not spawning them, but using those for triggers (e.g. latiko end reached --> trigger event) because those are triggers already.
Bug you can put normal Triggers there too. They can be activated by specific entities (for example, goombas, koopas, beegles and spikey only).

MM102

Post » 26 Sep 2013, 00:34

HugoBDesigner wrote: What do you mean by conditions? The Environmental Triggers already work as conditions. The Commands works via inputs, and Environmental Triggers makes outputs. So you can make a on player1 jump Env. Trig. triggers a player1 givestar Commander, for example...
will I be able to use more than one trigger/have more than one output?
ex:
if coincount = 20 and player# crouching then player# givestar and coincount remove 20
if player# not running and on keypressed f then set intermission = true (cruise control!)

also can you make it so we put in cords relative to player x/y?
ex:
checkpoint (~p1x)
spawn goomba (~p1x +5) (~p1y +2)