[v1.1 - DISCONTINUED] Mari0:HEC (HugoBDesigner's Entities and Customization)

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
WawaTittere

Post » 27 Jul 2017, 04:44

Is there anything wrong with cube dispensers? Because I can't change their textures (I mean, the custom ones that are in the game files) and the last question, between the new tiles properties there are "Portal sides", "Entities sides" and "Non-Entities sides" can you explain me those? And what's the difference between the "Invisible" and "Not Visible" porperties? Sorry if I'm bothering to you, I just found this mod some days ago and I have been making some mappacks, even when this mod is discontinued, sorry :(

I LÖVE LUA

Post » 27 Jul 2017, 05:19

I can answer the last one: "Invisible" is for the hidden blocks that you can only hit from below

"Not visible" hides the tile when in-game, but not in the editor.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 27 Jul 2017, 07:10

For the custom cube dispensers, you should have the textures on the mappacks's "custom" folder, named "cubedispenser#.png", where the # is the id you set up to the entity in the editor
Disclaimer: it's possible that the rightclick menu for cube droppers is broken in the editor

Portalsides seems to control which sides of a tile are portalable. Notentitiessides seems to control whether funnels and lasers can go through the block (and if you have custom collision sides, only those sides filter), and entitysides seem to only affect cubes. My code was a mess and the documentation is non-existent, and I used to do a lot of very small changes/additions only for my own use in very specific cases, so I had a bit of a hard time finding out what everything did.

Sorry there isn't much I can do at the moment, but this mod is several years old and it's never been properly optimized and bugfixed :/

WawaTittere

Post » 27 Jul 2017, 18:57

HugoBDesigner wrote: whether funnels and lasers can go through the block...
wait, are the funnels in this mod?

HugoBDesigner

Post » 27 Jul 2017, 20:56

WawaTittere wrote:
HugoBDesigner wrote: whether funnels and lasers can go through the block...
wait, are the funnels in this mod?
Sorry, I meant to say gels, dunno why funnels came to mind instead. My bad.

DadsamG

Post » 12 Sep 2018, 20:00

Why the Mari0:HEC As Discontinued?

HugoBDesigner

Post » 12 Sep 2018, 21:38

Because the code was old and messy and filled with bugs, and SE came out, which does a lot of what this mod does, but better. You're better off with Mari0: Community Edition or Alesan99's Entities.