Wanna add in a mod to allow Multiple backgrounds

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
SuperScourge

Post » 21 Mar 2013, 22:00

I'm gonna create a mod to allow Multiple backgrounds, because of this glitch as stated here in my own topic about this viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3111 it will explain what I'm having and I would love to patch it up so it allows the user to have Multiple backgrounds like for example

In the All-Stars Edition of Super Mario Bros. there's a sub level of 1-2 which is the underground level and it has the underground background on it.

it says there it changes to the level's main background like I have it has 1-2Background1.png and then I have the underground background which is 1-2_1background1.png and when I either test or die it goes straight to 1-2background1.png so what can be done to mod this to allow more than one background and have it reuse the defined background for the sub levels?

HAPPYFACES

Post » 21 Mar 2013, 23:09

Good luck. However I'm sure most of us including myself would simply say to wait for SE, because that has a plethora of bug fixes and additions that could help you on your mission to port SMB All-Stars to Mari0.

SuperScourge

Post » 21 Mar 2013, 23:14

HAPPYFACES wrote:Good luck. However I'm sure most of us including myself would simply say to wait for SE, because that has a plethora of bug fixes and additions that could help you on your mission to port SMB All-Stars to Mari0.
It's not really a All-stars port is just the backgrounds I ripped from the main SMAS Edition of Super Mario Bros. and converted each background into nes style so my own Map pack of SMB has the looks of the All Stars as if Nintendo made good backgrounds instead of solid colors for which level.

Automatik

Post » 21 Mar 2013, 23:29

I'm sure that bug only happen in editor.

SuperScourge

Post » 21 Mar 2013, 23:31

Automatik wrote:I'm sure that bug only happen in editor.
Also in the gameplay too I could make a video and die in world 1-2 Sublevel 1 it's a bug with the sublevels for the playing the game also.

Automatik

Post » 21 Mar 2013, 23:34

"In the gameplay" as in selecting "1 player game" on the main menu? Or just as in clicking "test level"?

SuperScourge

Post » 21 Mar 2013, 23:51

Automatik wrote:"In the gameplay" as in selecting "1 player game" on the main menu? Or just as in clicking "test level"?
Yes by selecting that and when Mario enters the pipe in 1-2 then goes to the sub level of 1-2 and if I die it restarts either at the Main starting point or Checkpoint and it displays the main level's background, and if I go in in my either two bonus levels in my world 1-2 and exit it the level's background fixes itself with it's defined background which is 1-2Background1.png - I've looked at the blog entry about adding in more than one background to a level instead of using one background.

here's the blog entry about this - http://blog.stabyourself.net/post/19366 ... ay-brokers

Image the animation on how this glitch is doing right now.