Mari0 1.6 Character Loader Mod [v0.3b]

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
jokekid
User avatar
Posts: 81
Joined: 05 Feb 2013, 23:28
Reputation: 0

Post » 16 Feb 2013, 19:42

of course the belt is colorable, 3 colors: yellow(hair and belt thing), green (obvious), and brown (boots and belt) while keeping the skin and eyes uneditable.
and they are as good as i can make them atm, he is completely sprited by hand, using mario's feet as reference

Mari0Maker
User avatar
Posts: 1347
Joined: 07 Apr 2012, 17:10
Reputation: 39
Contact:

Post » 16 Feb 2013, 20:49

Well, I loaded up CharLoader0.2, without changing anything inside appdata, and got this:
Image
I'll try experimenting and see what I get.

EDIT: Downloaded new version of "chell", and it worked. What did you change to the original?

Turtle95
User avatar
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 21:48
Reputation: 122
Contact:

Post » 16 Feb 2013, 21:12

Mari0Maker wrote:Well, I loaded up CharLoader0.2, without changing anything inside appdata, and got this:
Image
I'll try experimenting and see what I get.

EDIT: Downloaded new version of "chell", and it worked. What did you change to the original?


Oh, the mario colors were different. Sorry. Should have said that.

Mari064
User avatar
Posts: 159
Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 18:40
Reputation: 0

Post » 16 Feb 2013, 21:57

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheSeek
User avatar
Posts: 486
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 06:31
Reputation: 8

Post » 16 Feb 2013, 22:31

This:
Image
happens randomly when changing characters, and by randomly I mean it might happen when changing from any character to another:
Aozora > Mario > Chell > get error
Aozora > Mario > Chell > Yoshi > get error
Aozora > get error
or
Aozora > Mario > Chell < Mario < get error

If you try to start the game without pressing C to load a different character, you get the level loading screen and then get this:
Image

Regardless of hat setting in the config.txt file, the hat shows in the level loading screen:
Image
this happens with every character.

Apparently the description text shows up depending on the start position of the character in the level, which means this can happen in some mappacks:
Image

Turtle95
User avatar
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 21:48
Reputation: 122
Contact:

Post » 16 Feb 2013, 23:12

TheSeek wrote:This:
Image
happens randomly when changing characters, and by randomly I mean it might happen when changing from any character to another:
Aozora > Mario > Chell > get error
Aozora > Mario > Chell > Yoshi > get error
Aozora > get error
or
Aozora > Mario > Chell < Mario < get error

If you try to start the game without pressing C to load a different character, you get the level loading screen and then get this:
Image

Regardless of hat setting in the config.txt file, the hat shows in the level loading screen:
Image
this happens with every character.

Apparently the description text shows up depending on the start position of the character in the level, which means this can happen in some mappacks:
Image


Hmm.. I fixed all that now. Though the descriptions will not be seen, unfortunately. I moved the loading to the options screen.

Turtle95
User avatar
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 21:48
Reputation: 122
Contact:

Post » 16 Feb 2013, 23:21

I just updated the mod, hopefully everything is fine. I moved character selection into the options menu now.

jokekid
User avatar
Posts: 81
Joined: 05 Feb 2013, 23:28
Reputation: 0

Post » 16 Feb 2013, 23:31

thats awesome!
*updates*

any difference in how the characters work?

MrLegoman301
User avatar
Posts: 38
Joined: 09 Feb 2013, 02:53
Reputation: 0

Post » 17 Feb 2013, 00:49

if i press "C" i does nothing?

TheSeek
User avatar
Posts: 486
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 06:31
Reputation: 8

Post » 17 Feb 2013, 00:49

I still get the same error when trying to start a game without selecting a char in the options menu.
Also, the character selection arrows are visible even in the other options pages, and the fact that you have to use them with the mouse is kinda unintuitive...just minor things tho.

Mari0Maker
User avatar
Posts: 1347
Joined: 07 Apr 2012, 17:10
Reputation: 39
Contact:

Post » 17 Feb 2013, 01:52

MrLegoman301 wrote:if i press "C" i does nothing?

Character changing has been added to Options menu.

Turtle95
User avatar
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 21:48
Reputation: 122
Contact:

Post » 17 Feb 2013, 05:55

TheSeek wrote:I still get the same error when trying to start a game without selecting a char in the options menu.
Also, the character selection arrows are visible even in the other options pages, and the fact that you have to use them with the mouse is kinda unintuitive...just minor things tho.


Fixed the crash (you didn't mention that specifically) and also fixed the arrows being shown/clickable on other options pages. Next update I'll make characters diverse per player number :) . If anyone would like to help me with that, let me know.

HAPPYFACES
Posts: 521
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 03:40
Reputation: 25

Post » 17 Feb 2013, 12:05

Mari0Maker wrote:Okay, so I start the game, it creates the folder "characters", I insert the folder "chell" (Making sure there wasn't a "chell" folder inside the original "chell" folder), I start the game, press "C", and get this error message:
Image


The problem is actually between enumerating the character file, and how many files are in there. Make sure that only the colorable animations are in that folder, i.e. biganimations0.png to biganimations3.png

And I love how this is turning out! If it's okay, may I ask if my original sprites are added to this? :3

Turtle95
User avatar
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 21:48
Reputation: 122
Contact:

Post » 17 Feb 2013, 17:14

HAPPYFACES wrote:
Mari0Maker wrote:Okay, so I start the game, it creates the folder "characters", I insert the folder "chell" (Making sure there wasn't a "chell" folder inside the original "chell" folder), I start the game, press "C", and get this error message:
Image


The problem is actually between enumerating the character file, and how many files are in there. Make sure that only the colorable animations are in that folder, i.e. biganimations0.png to biganimations3.png

And I love how this is turning out! If it's okay, may I ask if my original sprites are added to this? :3


Sure. Just make sure to configure the character.

Turtle95
User avatar
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 21:48
Reputation: 122
Contact:

Post » 17 Feb 2013, 23:53

Mod updated!

Fixed:
Win text during x-4 saying "Mario" rather than the character's name
Custom jumps bugging out on sounds

Added:
Gordan Freeman character

jokekid
User avatar
Posts: 81
Joined: 05 Feb 2013, 23:28
Reputation: 0

Post » 18 Feb 2013, 14:07

downloaded the update, downloaded all the characters in the OP.
now whenever i try to get past chell, it gives me an error

now you cant select custom colors, they will turn default when starting a level

HansAgain
User avatar
Posts: 1133
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 18:51
Reputation: 265
Contact:

Post » 18 Feb 2013, 17:49

Turtle95 wrote:Gordan Freeman

Turtle95 wrote:Gordan Freeman

Turtle95 wrote:Gordan Freeman

Turtle95 wrote:Gordan

His name is Gordon!
Image

Mr.Q.Marx?
User avatar
Posts: 849
Joined: 15 May 2012, 18:35
Reputation: 26

Post » 18 Feb 2013, 18:05

Oh hey Hans, long time no see. Fancy porting over any of yours? You were working on P-Body and Atlas last time I saw you, I didn't want to bump the thread to ask but have you worked on them recently? I'd love to see how some of those are coming, they looked promising.

HansAgain
User avatar
Posts: 1133
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 18:51
Reputation: 265
Contact:

Post » 18 Feb 2013, 18:51

Mr.Q.Marx? wrote:Oh hey Hans, long time no see. Fancy porting over any of yours? You were working on P-Body and Atlas last time I saw you, I didn't want to bump the thread to ask but have you worked on them recently? I'd love to see how some of those are coming, they looked promising.

Okay, i was working on that and i forgot to tell you the accident. for download a mod that don't work on my version of love(or my computer because i extract the files in the appdata) i deleted all the appdata with (accidentally) the sprites of the characters (unfinished) and other thingies (now i use a folder for all of my images in another local disk).
But i can redo the sprites. i still have the image base:
Image

Turtle95
User avatar
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 21:48
Reputation: 122
Contact:

Post » 18 Feb 2013, 22:36

jokekid wrote:downloaded the update, downloaded all the characters in the OP.
now whenever i try to get past chell, it gives me an error

now you cant select custom colors, they will turn default when starting a level


What's the error?

jokekid
User avatar
Posts: 81
Joined: 05 Feb 2013, 23:28
Reputation: 0

Post » 19 Feb 2013, 02:23

Image

Image

Turtle95
User avatar
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 21:48
Reputation: 122
Contact:

Post » 19 Feb 2013, 05:06



Are you SURE you installed the characters correctly? Because you most likely didn't. Check to make sure that it's not a folder like "gordon\gordon\..." because that's the only reason it would have crashed.

jokekid
User avatar
Posts: 81
Joined: 05 Feb 2013, 23:28
Reputation: 0

Post » 19 Feb 2013, 13:21

you need to make the mod ignor .rar/.zip files located in the folder, that's what made it crash.

Turtle95
User avatar
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 21:48
Reputation: 122
Contact:

Post » 19 Feb 2013, 13:48

jokekid wrote:you need to make the mod ignor .rar/.zip files located in the folder, that's what made it crash.


1) I'm not sure how

2) why would you even put a .zip or .rar in the characters folder in the first place?

Flutter Skye
User avatar
Posts: 1717
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 17:54
Reputation: 785
Contact:

Post » 19 Feb 2013, 14:07

Minimal from Theseek's mod Minimal and the rom hack ready for action
http://www.mediafire.com/?wjb02f11qdudjwd

jokekid
User avatar
Posts: 81
Joined: 05 Feb 2013, 23:28
Reputation: 0

Post » 19 Feb 2013, 17:03

cuz i make the characters, test them, and if they work, i zip them to upload them, and thus they just stay there xD

Mr.Q.Marx?
User avatar
Posts: 849
Joined: 15 May 2012, 18:35
Reputation: 26

Post » 20 Feb 2013, 18:19

Oh Hans, I made a version of your Luigi (the one that's in SE) for this.
http://www.mediafire.com/?j4pnxpjv6n9zdk6

Oh and here's Syobon from Syobon Action a.k.a. Cat Mario. I did the small animations as the game doesn't have those.
http://www.mediafire.com/?yrn5u1l1sbqrhmk
Image <In case you forgot what Cat Mario was.... I spent too much time on this.

Omegaman
User avatar
Posts: 41
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 04:34
Reputation: 0

Post » 27 Feb 2013, 04:40

:P I made one sprite.
Image
It's Steve, holding a portal gun :P
MY GOD, I'm bad at spriting...
I'm just holding this here until I get the time to finish it.

ersimonino
Posts: 6
Joined: 05 Mar 2012, 14:43
Reputation: 0

Post » 02 Mar 2013, 07:30

Yes, hello! I've done something completely stupid, I accidentally made the CharLoader file open automatically with winRar, and I can't access the .love file, I don't know how to open it I mean, it automatically opens with winRar. Does anybody have a solution? Because I really want to play as luigi! :P

Vyper
User avatar
Posts: 164
Joined: 16 Jan 2013, 23:18
Reputation: 2
Contact:

Post » 02 Mar 2013, 15:08

Here's the muffin from Super Muffin Bros.
http://www.mediafire.com/?c4apdpgegjbqxvs

HansAgain
User avatar
Posts: 1133
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 18:51
Reputation: 265
Contact:

Post » 02 Mar 2013, 19:45

I'm too lazy now to make atlas and other animation again, so if someone want complete the sprites he can keep the credit.
Image

Superjustinbros
User avatar
Posts: 2101
Joined: 29 Mar 2012, 20:39
Reputation: 130
Contact:

Post » 04 Mar 2013, 03:52

Image

Maurice's official template. Why no one else asked for this before is anyone's guess.

HAPPYFACES
Posts: 521
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 03:40
Reputation: 25

Post » 04 Mar 2013, 04:19

I always took from the Mario spritesheets. I didn't even know there was an actual template. Thankye.

Mr.Q.Marx?
User avatar
Posts: 849
Joined: 15 May 2012, 18:35
Reputation: 26

Post » 05 Mar 2013, 02:27

http://www.mediafire.com/?rq5fmzq5pnyd6ss
Idiot9.0's custom character. (ALL credit to him)

Turtle95
User avatar
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 21:48
Reputation: 122
Contact:

Post » 05 Mar 2013, 02:55

Mr.Q.Marx? wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?rq5fmzq5pnyd6ss
Idiot9.0's custom character. (ALL credit to him)


Added to the first post. I'll check anything else I missed.

idiot9.0
User avatar
Posts: 1713
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 10:28
Reputation: 196
Contact:

Post » 05 Mar 2013, 02:59

Mr.Q.Marx? wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?rq5fmzq5pnyd6ss
Idiot9.0's custom character. (ALL credit to him)

Me confirmed for best Mari0 character ever.

Superjustinbros
User avatar
Posts: 2101
Joined: 29 Mar 2012, 20:39
Reputation: 130
Contact:

Post » 05 Mar 2013, 03:05

idiot9.0 wrote:Me confirmed for best Mari0 character ever.


Idiot, I wouldn't try to start another competition.

Qcode
User avatar
Posts: 1464
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 18:00
Reputation: 71
Contact:

Post » 05 Mar 2013, 03:07

Superjustinbros wrote:
idiot9.0 wrote:Me confirmed for best Mari0 character ever.


Idiot, I wouldn't try to start another competition.


Me confirmed for best looking duck wearing a hat.
Let the hate rain down.

Turtle95
User avatar
Posts: 1275
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 21:48
Reputation: 122
Contact:

Post » 05 Mar 2013, 03:08

Superjustinbros wrote:
idiot9.0 wrote:Me confirmed for best Mari0 character ever.


Idiot, I wouldn't try to start another competition.


SJB shut up. He was joking about it. Well, not that Idiot wouldn't be, but I know him and he wouldn't mean it like that.

Superjustinbros
User avatar
Posts: 2101
Joined: 29 Mar 2012, 20:39
Reputation: 130
Contact:

Post » 05 Mar 2013, 03:48

Turtle95 wrote:
Superjustinbros wrote:
idiot9.0 wrote:Me confirmed for best Mari0 character ever.


Idiot, I wouldn't try to start another competition.


SJB shut up. He was joking about it. Well, not that Idiot wouldn't be, but I know him and he wouldn't mean it like that.


I really need to stop jumping to conclusions. >__>

Mari0Maker
User avatar
Posts: 1347
Joined: 07 Apr 2012, 17:10
Reputation: 39
Contact:

Post » 11 Mar 2013, 01:56

Maybe someone can continue this?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2008&p=45345&hilit=fancy+pants#p45345
Unless Faycal continues it.

Assasin-Kiashi
User avatar
Posts: 652
Joined: 07 May 2012, 10:21
Reputation: 266
Contact:

Post » 12 Mar 2013, 11:23

ogm I didn't even know you put me in your mod thank. You should possibly also mention the fact I'm a demon.

Qcode
User avatar
Posts: 1464
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 18:00
Reputation: 71
Contact:

Post » 13 Mar 2013, 00:06

The muffin isn't in the correct format. I fixed it, go here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/80409786/muffin.zip

Superjustinbros
User avatar
Posts: 2101
Joined: 29 Mar 2012, 20:39
Reputation: 130
Contact:

Post » 13 Mar 2013, 15:17

Where's Qcode the Duck?

Mr.Q.Marx?
User avatar
Posts: 849
Joined: 15 May 2012, 18:35
Reputation: 26

Post » 13 Mar 2013, 18:52

Superjustinbros wrote:Where's Qcode the Duck?

idiot9.0 wrote:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/51013077/mari0/duck.zip
I laid it out in Turtle's character loader format for anyone who doesn't want to wait.

ibiss
Posts: 25
Joined: 04 Mar 2013, 11:34
Reputation: 0

Post » 29 Mar 2013, 11:41

I have too many ideas for making characters

I will put some images of Sims :/ in Mediafire.

They will have their name (image name) and description (in a txt file)

EDIT: I can´t edit Mari0 character sprites because I´m very bad with this.

Hatninja
User avatar
Posts: 484
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 18:42
Reputation: 39
Contact:

Post » 30 Mar 2013, 03:34

you misspelled mari0 on the download link there

BobTheLawyer
User avatar
Posts: 2240
Joined: 01 May 2012, 21:00
Reputation: 53

Post » 31 Mar 2013, 01:45

hatninja wrote:you misspelled mari0 on the download link there

heh. Silly turtle.

Turtley3
User avatar
Posts: 649
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 16:16
Reputation: 20

Post » 03 Apr 2013, 03:13

Hans1998, can you fix the Luigi colors? I was hoping for the Super Mario Bros Deluxe Luigi palette.

Mari0Maker
User avatar
Posts: 1347
Joined: 07 Apr 2012, 17:10
Reputation: 39
Contact:

Post » 03 Apr 2013, 03:53

Turtley3 wrote:Hans1998, can you fix the Luigi colors? I was hoping for the Super Mario Bros Deluxe Luigi palette.

You can't change the color of the actual model from what I know of.
However, you can change it ingame, like so:
Image
If you don't want to change the colors, just make a backup of the options.txt inside AppData/LOVE/Mari0/.
You actually can also change the colors to your liking, and copy the options.txt into that characters folder, and rename it to config.txt (At least I think you can).


Return to “Modding”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests