Streaming game development: https://www.twitch.tv/stabyourself Image

All Night Stabyourself Super Mario Bros.

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
eraykaan
User avatar
Posts: 150
Joined: 12 Feb 2012, 15:54
Reputation: 0

Post » 23 Jul 2013, 17:44

You say it's closed for ENEMIES... So i did sprites for fire flower. If you want to use, PM me

Mari0Maker
User avatar
Posts: 1347
Joined: 07 Apr 2012, 17:10
Reputation: 39
Contact:

Post » 23 Jul 2013, 17:46

eraykaan wrote:You say it's closed for ENEMIES... So i did sprites for fire flower. If you want to use, PM me

Fire Flower was already taken. In the mod, it is Root Beer.

idiot9.0
User avatar
Posts: 1713
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 10:28
Reputation: 196
Contact:

Post » 23 Jul 2013, 18:00

eraykaan wrote:You say it's closed for ENEMIES... So i did sprites for fire flower. If you want to use, PM me

I'm not PM'ing you for jack shit. If you want me to see it take the dam effort to post them in this thread.

HAPPYFACES
Posts: 521
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 03:40
Reputation: 25

Post » 29 Jul 2013, 10:14

I realized that since the ucenna update (Everyone's desired Fire Flower effects.) The Rootbeer balls simply become the fireworks and the firebars that circle around. Anybody have any more ideas with the Root beer theme to link it to the Fire Flower?

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4634
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 713
Contact:

Post » 29 Jul 2013, 12:27

No more root beer. -_-
(EDIT: Keyword 'more')
Last edited by TurretBot on 29 Jul 2013, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.

idiot9.0
User avatar
Posts: 1713
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 10:28
Reputation: 196
Contact:

Post » 29 Jul 2013, 18:02

I'm keeping the root beer as powerups (and the firebars/fireworks because graphic sharing) and that's it. It started as an in-joke way back when and I added it because it was funny. And I wanted to spite turret or something but whatever. Regardless I'm not making anything else root beer because it'd be just stupid.

The only reason the mushroom and fireballs were changed to root beer colors as well is because someone suggested it and made sprites and I found them fitting with the powerups.

HAPPYFACES
Posts: 521
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 03:40
Reputation: 25

Post » 29 Jul 2013, 22:01

My point was missed there; I wasn't saying "MAEK MOAR ROOT BEER THINGS!" I was just thinking that now that everyone has custom fireball effects, having Root Beer as the powerup seems slightly out of place. Maybe add a "P" To the mug?

idiot9.0
User avatar
Posts: 1713
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 10:28
Reputation: 196
Contact:

Post » 30 Jul 2013, 04:13

My laziness says no. Mostly because ucenna's version with the character specific fireballs isn't the "official" version because I'm too much of a lazy lazy to update the original post with it.

HAPPYFACES
Posts: 521
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 03:40
Reputation: 25

Post » 30 Jul 2013, 04:21

Sadface :c Well alright.

eraykaan
User avatar
Posts: 150
Joined: 12 Feb 2012, 15:54
Reputation: 0

Post » 01 Aug 2013, 17:17

Any empty roles? No? OK

idiot9.0
User avatar
Posts: 1713
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 10:28
Reputation: 196
Contact:

Post » 01 Aug 2013, 18:00

Wonderful post there. Not useless in anyway.

As I tried saying, submissions are closed. But if you post your sprites for whatever spot you want to be, I'll consider it at a later date.

luigi1fan
Posts: 5
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 23:00
Reputation: 0

Post » 21 Oct 2013, 23:03

plz exuze my engrish
even though i just made an account, i would like to be included

luigi1fan
Posts: 5
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 23:00
Reputation: 0

Post » 21 Oct 2013, 23:04

i just noticed your post, sorry

copy
User avatar
Posts: 475
Joined: 17 Apr 2012, 16:29
Reputation: 28
Contact:

Post » 21 Oct 2013, 23:05

Uhh, welcome to Stabyourself, luigi1fan.
Don't bump threads like these that haven't been updated in a month or two.
Have a nice day.

Turtley3
User avatar
Posts: 651
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 16:16
Reputation: 22

Post » 14 Jan 2014, 03:24

I think the thread might be dying, because hardly anyone is talking on this thread.

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1618
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 253
Contact:

Post » 14 Jan 2014, 03:28

idiot9.0 wrote:Wonderful post there. Not useless in anyway.

As I tried saying, submissions are closed. But if you post your sprites for whatever spot you want to be, I'll consider it at a later date.

idiot9.0
User avatar
Posts: 1713
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 10:28
Reputation: 196
Contact:

Post » 05 Jul 2014, 23:40

I am reviving this from the dead for a legitimate reason. That reason being this:

In the steam chat there's been some interest in reviving this mod. Now I'm all for it, but obviously I can't do it alone. I need to know how you, the community, wants it done since it's a project that everyone needs to be involved in. So please answer the questions below:

    1/ Is it worth reviving?
    2/ Do you want to have this stay in 1.6 or be converted into SE? And if SE, which beta?
    3/ Should a new thread be made or just continue here?
    4/ Should we just use the most recent version as a starting point or start absolutely fresh?
    4a/ If we keep the current should I remove any members who aren't active anymore or keep them in until someone active replaces them?
    5/ Should it stay as a sole graphic replacement of Super Mario Bros, or should we turn it into something more?
    5a/ If so what do you want to add? What would you like to see this become?
    6/ If you can code would you be interested in helping mod the game if we leave it in 1.6? (y'know, since I can't)

mindnomad
User avatar
Posts: 367
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:43
Reputation: 351
Contact:

Post » 05 Jul 2014, 23:47

-I feel the mod should continue and stay in 1.6 and it should stay in this thread.
-Replace inactive members with active members when they come up.
-Keep it as a graphical mod

I'd also like to know if I can add Luna in this mod :S I don't know as what, but I'll think of something.

HugoBDesigner
User avatar
Posts: 2100
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23
Reputation: 662
Contact:

Post » 05 Jul 2014, 23:50

1/ Yes, sure. This mod is really cool and with the incoming of new users it'd make it bigger and better!
2/ I'd say 1.6 because: stability and no version-incompatibility problems
3/ Continue here, I don't see the need of a new thread
4/ Continue after the current version, because it is really good and making from 0 would be a lot of work
4a/ Keep the inactive members (are there any, actually? I don't remember), because of nostalgic reasons
5/ Something more would be nice, but keep adding graphics. They're the charm of this mod
5a/ Maybe new entities or enemies? Nothing too big, though, I like this mod being simple
6/ I'd LOVE to help. Luna/mindnomad would want to kill me, but it'd be worth it a death :3

EDIT: I have a character I made for my OC when I released Pop A Portal for Mari0 +Portal, but I think I'll make another one better and more detailed for the special occasion ;)

Trist3D
User avatar
Posts: 685
Joined: 08 Jan 2013, 06:31
Reputation: 3
Contact:

Post » 06 Jul 2014, 00:09

1/ Yeah, definitely.
2/ Meh, 1.6 I guess, it doesn't matter.
3/ We should keep this thread.
4/ I think we should start over but yoink several addons from the other version.
4a/ Only if they're inactive without explaining first. (And maybe let people be more than one thing if something gets replaced)
5/ We should keep it mainly graphical, but we should add some new things. Like how about the 1-up shroom (*cough* me *cough*) also gives you a temporary shield? And one or two more enemies?

AND MORE FLAVORS OF ROOT BEER! And-
6/ no (just kidding I can't code.)

MagicPillow
User avatar
Posts: 1227
Joined: 20 Jul 2013, 04:59
Reputation: 291
Contact:

Post » 06 Jul 2014, 00:44

1/ Yes
2/ If we do make it SE, we should wait for the full version.
3/ Continue
4/ Well if we do SE, we'll have to start fresh, but if we keep 1.6, I guess we could just continue
4a/ Keep them in, but have a list of inactive members so that people know who to replace. (That sounds weird)
5/ graphics
6/ If I could, I would, but I can't.

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4634
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 713
Contact:

Post » 06 Jul 2014, 00:55

MagicPillow wrote:4/ Well if we do SE, we'll have to start fresh, but if we keep 1.6, I guess we could just continue

you do know this is wrong right

also
1/ sure
2/ se but version doesn't matter
3/ a new thrad if you do se
4/ start over, but people can use the same graphic if they were there
4a/ pretty much the reasoning for ^ is to prevent this anyway
5/ if we do it in se
5a/ a full mappack rather than just an se reskin, but do it differently from the typical group mappack method somehow (since that often leads to a lack of levels)
6/ i'd code for it but who wants my code

FuriousHedgehog
User avatar
Posts: 780
Joined: 31 May 2014, 02:14
Reputation: 296
Contact:

Post » 07 Jul 2014, 00:32

could be in this mod please?

idiot9.0
User avatar
Posts: 1713
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 10:28
Reputation: 196
Contact:

Post » 07 Jul 2014, 00:36

We'll see if and when I start it up again. I'm still waiting for more replies to my questions.

FuriousHedgehog
User avatar
Posts: 780
Joined: 31 May 2014, 02:14
Reputation: 296
Contact:

Post » 07 Jul 2014, 00:46

idiot9.0 wrote:We'll see if and when I start it up again. I'm still waiting for more replies to my questions.

oh. ok so the'll wait, but if I will be true in this MOD?

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1618
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 253
Contact:

Post » 07 Jul 2014, 01:01

  1. Yes
  2. 1.6 I guess
  3. New thread because this one is a mess
  4. Keep the current sprites
    a. only active members
  5. More that just a simple graphic mod. I still want it to be smb like but with some more features
    a. multiple playable characters with ability and enemies should be changed a bit to make the sprite more fitting.
  6. Yes I'd like to help with coding

idiot9.0
User avatar
Posts: 1713
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 10:28
Reputation: 196
Contact:

Post » 07 Jul 2014, 01:12

FuriousHedgehog wrote:
idiot9.0 wrote:We'll see if and when I start it up again. I'm still waiting for more replies to my questions.

oh. ok so the'll wait, but if I will be true in this MOD?

Uhhhh...... I'll put it this way. If you have an OC and you can sprite it in the style we have when I start this up again, you have a good chance. But wait until I start it up.

Spider-Man
User avatar
Posts: 42
Joined: 17 Jun 2014, 07:59
Reputation: 1

Post » 07 Jul 2014, 06:23

What are the remaining positions?

Automatik
User avatar
Posts: 1076
Joined: 20 Jul 2012, 17:54
Reputation: 8
Contact:

Post » 07 Jul 2014, 11:31

    1/ Yes
    2/ SE beta7
    3/ New project, new thread.
    4/ Start fresh.
    4a/ Keep them until we have more sprites of active players
    5/ Well, we planned to make a mappack, and I think a community mappack is more fun than just a reskin. I can't see what else could we add.
    6/ Yes.

Flutter Skye
User avatar
Posts: 1717
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 17:54
Reputation: 787
Contact:

Post » 07 Jul 2014, 18:12

1) Yes
2) Special Edition, Beta 8
3) A new thread would be better
4) Start fresh, but the members can use their previous sprites if they want.
5) It would be better if this was bigger than just a graphic replacement
5a) Different abilities for the characters

HowToEatGirafes
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 05 Feb 2014, 23:18
Reputation: 95
Contact:

Post » 07 Jul 2014, 20:17

Can i be in ?

idiot9.0
User avatar
Posts: 1713
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 10:28
Reputation: 196
Contact:

Post » 07 Jul 2014, 21:00

idiot9.0 wrote:We'll see if and when I start it up again. I'm still waiting for more replies to my questions.

Mari0Maker
User avatar
Posts: 1347
Joined: 07 Apr 2012, 17:10
Reputation: 39
Contact:

Post » 07 Jul 2014, 21:05

idiot9.0 wrote:
    1/ Is it worth reviving?
    2/ Do you want to have this stay in 1.6 or be converted into SE? And if SE, which beta?
    3/ Should a new thread be made or just continue here?
    4/ Should we just use the most recent version as a starting point or start absolutely fresh?
    4a/ If we keep the current should I remove any members who aren't active anymore or keep them in until someone active replaces them?
    5/ Should it stay as a sole graphic replacement of Super Mario Bros, or should we turn it into something more?
    5a/ If so what do you want to add? What would you like to see this become?
    6/ If you can code would you be interested in helping mod the game if we leave it in 1.6? (y'know, since I can't)

1. Sure.
2. Stay in 1.6.
3. Continue here because having multiple ones is dumb in my opinion. Just makes it more of a mess.
4. Continue off of the recent version.
4a. I say just keep them.
5. If you have an idea for something more, definitely do it. It would make the mod more unique.
5a. I dunno. You were working on that map that was packaged with the mod, so definitely continue that.
6. I can't code, so I couldn't help. I could make a little site for the mod when it's released, but I couldn't do more than that.

Firaga
User avatar
Posts: 944
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 16:05
Reputation: 118
Contact:

Post » 08 Jul 2014, 04:02

Mari0Maker wrote:
idiot9.0 wrote:
    1/ Is it worth reviving?
    2/ Do you want to have this stay in 1.6 or be converted into SE? And if SE, which beta? I want to say SE, because custom enemies means nobody can be left out, but it's buggy.
    3/ Should a new thread be made or just continue here? If were starting over, with new map and new sprites, make a new thread. If not, keep this one.
    4/ Should we just use the most recent version as a starting point or start absolutely fresh? Idk about this. I'm split 50/50.
    4a/ If we keep the current should I remove any members who aren't active anymore or keep them in until someone active replaces them? Well, if people can't recognize them at all because of inactivity, they shouldn't be in. If we know who they are, they should.
    5/ Should it stay as a sole graphic replacement of Super Mario Bros, or should we turn it into something more? I would personally like it to be something more.
    5a/ If so what do you want to add? What would you like to see this become? A full game, without palatte limitations, and new mechanics (although this would be assfuck hard to program in a short period of time), where everyone can make sprites.

Spider-Man
User avatar
Posts: 42
Joined: 17 Jun 2014, 07:59
Reputation: 1

Post » 08 Jul 2014, 07:16

idiot9.0 wrote:I am reviving this from the dead for a legitimate reason. That reason being this:

In the steam chat there's been some interest in reviving this mod. Now I'm all for it, but obviously I can't do it alone. I need to know how you, the community, wants it done since it's a project that everyone needs to be involved in. So please answer the questions below:

    1/ Is it worth reviving?
    2/ Do you want to have this stay in 1.6 or be converted into SE? And if SE, which beta?
    3/ Should a new thread be made or just continue here?
    4/ Should we just use the most recent version as a starting point or start absolutely fresh?
    4a/ If we keep the current should I remove any members who aren't active anymore or keep them in until someone active replaces them?
    5/ Should it stay as a sole graphic replacement of Super Mario Bros, or should we turn it into something more?
    5a/ If so what do you want to add? What would you like to see this become?
    6/ If you can code would you be interested in helping mod the game if we leave it in 1.6? (y'know, since I can't)


1/ Yes.
2/1.6
3/Continue.
4.Recent
4a.Yes.
5/Turn it.
5a/Moar enemies or powerups.
6/I can't code also.

HowToEatGirafes
User avatar
Posts: 599
Joined: 05 Feb 2014, 23:18
Reputation: 95
Contact:

Post » 08 Jul 2014, 11:36

idiot9.0 wrote:I am reviving this from the dead for a legitimate reason. That reason being this:

In the steam chat there's been some interest in reviving this mod. Now I'm all for it, but obviously I can't do it alone. I need to know how you, the community, wants it done since it's a project that everyone needs to be involved in. So please answer the questions below:

    1/ Is it worth reviving?
    2/ Do you want to have this stay in 1.6 or be converted into SE? And if SE, which beta?
    3/ Should a new thread be made or just continue here?
    4/ Should we just use the most recent version as a starting point or start absolutely fresh?
    4a/ If we keep the current should I remove any members who aren't active anymore or keep them in until someone active replaces them?
    5/ Should it stay as a sole graphic replacement of Super Mario Bros, or should we turn it into something more?
    5a/ If so what do you want to add? What would you like to see this become?
    6/ If you can code would you be interested in helping mod the game if we leave it in 1.6? (y'know, since I can't)


1 - Yes !
2 - SE , beta 9
3 - New thread
4 - We should use the most recent version
4 a - Keep them
5 - Something more
5 a - We could make a lot of new characters , enemies and entities
6 - I can't code

Assasin-Kiashi
User avatar
Posts: 652
Joined: 07 May 2012, 10:21
Reputation: 266
Contact:

Post » 09 Jul 2014, 07:49

If it returns, I'd gladly get involved again. I still remember this being the most fun projects of worked on in the forum.
1 - if we can get the dedication back up, yes!
2 - I'm still kinda confused when it comes to SE betas, I need look into that
3 - I recommend a new thread. Some messy shit has happened on this one, so it would be great to create a clean, new one.
4 - If we're relocating to SE, a fresh start is likely a better idea. not only have people's OCs changed over time, but also migrating the files and creating enemy codes for each person could be tedious, especially if we want to make it into something more than just a graphic replacement.
4a - I'd say keep the old versions here as memories, this is old stuff, some of those people have been forgotten by now. A new start means it'll be easier to be up to date rather than be confused by old files.
5 - Something more if we can get the hype up.
5a - maybe if we retry the whole mappack idea, we can develop a whole story? we can make new enemies as well if more people want to join than what enemies are available
6 - LOLNO

idiot9.0
User avatar
Posts: 1713
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 10:28
Reputation: 196
Contact:

Post » 09 Jul 2014, 10:02

Alright, thanks for answering my questions everyone. I have thought about it thoroughly, and I apologize if my final plan falls out of popular vote. But here's my game plan for the revival:

- I plan to use SE Beta 8. Many people mentioned custom enemies and since SE makes it all the easier I feel it's best. Beta 8 is the most stable from what I heard too. If it becomes a constant problem though I'll revert to 1.6 and ask for modder help to add custom enemy movements for those who want it.
- I plan to start the mod fresh. This is so we can integrate many of the newers who didn't get the chance during the original. However for anyone who was part of the original you are free to just use your old sprites and keep your old spots, just let me know upon revival
- I plan to start a new thread. As Kiashi said in his post, too much shit did go down in this thread. Turtley telling me to leave my own thread comes to mind. I'd rather start the topic fresh along with the mod itself.
- I do plan to utilize custom enemies and make a mappack for this. I plan to be more lenient on what I allow in the map, but I'll give details about that later. SE will also benefit the map with it's new additions and vert.scrolling. I don't plan on using the old mappack as a basis but if need be I'll convert it to SE for a good starting point.
- I will still be open to any suggestions on what else to add. I will still be requesting modder help if those suggestions can't be done via SE alone.

I'll answer any questions if you need them answered other than if you can be in it.

Jackostar10000
User avatar
Posts: 416
Joined: 17 Jun 2012, 12:06
Reputation: 14

Post » 09 Jul 2014, 10:34

I guess this would be a good way for me to get more active again. Count me in.

LightningFire
User avatar
Posts: 1907
Joined: 10 Mar 2012, 17:24
Reputation: 133
Contact:

Post » 10 Jul 2014, 01:52

If this does get revived give me a chance to redo my sprites.
They really need to be worked on.

Spider-Man
User avatar
Posts: 42
Joined: 17 Jun 2014, 07:59
Reputation: 1

Post » 10 Jul 2014, 05:39

SpiderMario wrote:What are the remaining positions?

idiot9.0
User avatar
Posts: 1713
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 10:28
Reputation: 196
Contact:

Post » 10 Jul 2014, 05:58

idiot9.0 wrote:
idiot9.0 wrote:We'll see if and when I start it up again. I'm still waiting for more replies to my questions.

Do you not read? I said we'll see once I start it up again. I'm still laying things out to make sure it goes off nicely. Be patient.

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4634
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 713
Contact:

Post » 10 Jul 2014, 06:09

I'd be more concerned that
idiot9.0 wrote:- I plan to start a new thread.

idiot9.0
User avatar
Posts: 1713
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 10:28
Reputation: 196
Contact:

Post » 10 Jul 2014, 06:10

Why?

Spider-Man
User avatar
Posts: 42
Joined: 17 Jun 2014, 07:59
Reputation: 1

Post » 10 Jul 2014, 07:58

idiot9.0 wrote:Why?
Mari0 SE Beta is released. We shall call the new thread "All Night Stabyourself Super Mario Bros. SE" Or just continue this one.

Mr.Q.Marx?
User avatar
Posts: 849
Joined: 15 May 2012, 18:35
Reputation: 27

Post » 10 Jul 2014, 09:50

SpiderMario wrote:Or just continue this one.

This is what is not going to happen.

idiot9.0
User avatar
Posts: 1713
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 10:28
Reputation: 196
Contact:

Post » 10 Jul 2014, 16:21

SpiderMario wrote:Mari0 SE Beta is released. We shall call the new thread "All Night Stabyourself Super Mario Bros. SE" Or just continue this one.

I'll call it whatever the hell I want thank you very much. If I want to call it "Sandwich Brothers Featuring Mr. Pickles" then I will.
I don't remember giving you any control over my project.
Also I'm making a new thread once I iron out the kinks and I have everything ready.

LightningFire
User avatar
Posts: 1907
Joined: 10 Mar 2012, 17:24
Reputation: 133
Contact:

Post » 10 Jul 2014, 21:43

Woah calm down idiot he was just giving his opinion.
It's not like he was straightly obligating you to call it that way.

mindnomad
User avatar
Posts: 367
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:43
Reputation: 351
Contact:

Post » 10 Jul 2014, 22:26

LightningFire wrote:It's not like he was straightly obligating you to call it that way.

He sort of was.

Trist3D
User avatar
Posts: 685
Joined: 08 Jan 2013, 06:31
Reputation: 3
Contact:

Post » 11 Jul 2014, 02:00

Yeah he said, "we shall."
He should've said, "We should."


Return to “Modding”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron