All Night Stabyourself Super Mario Bros.

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
Firaga

Post » 04 May 2013, 00:49

I made some loading texts... if you guys want to use them...

Code: Select all

loadingtexts = {"Shaking soda..", "Potatoes..", "Creating 3D Graphics..", "Maurice X Saso..", "Stabbing Self..", "Brought to you by Jorichi Flavored Soda..", "Smashing pumpkins..", "Not Loading..", "01001101 01100001 01110010 01101001 01101111..", "Starting engines..",
"Only using blue portals since 2012..", "}

JWinslow23

Post » 04 May 2013, 01:18

"Stabbing myself" is already a loading text! How about this?

Code: Select all

Perma-banning all forum members...

HAPPYFACES

Post » 04 May 2013, 09:37

So um... No official answer to the idea proposed earlier? Or there is one buried deep in this loading text nonsense? I don't know... My head hurts... Too much Homestuck.

idiot9.0

Post » 04 May 2013, 09:54

Your idea about the idle animations, right? I see it as a cool idea if done right, but most likely won't happen.
If it got in, I'd have the animations play if both keyboard and mouse were still, and during the animation I'd have any mouse movement not effect the animation.
But honestly, unless there'd be some easily definable option to say how long the animation is aka frames, I don't see it happening, unless Qcode or another modder works their coding magicks and can easily do this. Which I don't see happening frankly.

TL;DR Good idea but not likely to happen

Also with the loading text I'm 90% likely to not change any of it at all.

ucenna

Post » 04 May 2013, 20:25

You know some of the portal entities ought to be customized.

TurretBot

Post » 05 May 2013, 00:52

ucenna wrote:You know some of the portal entities ought to be customized.
Kyle Prior is companion cube!

HAPPYFACES

Post » 05 May 2013, 09:55

idiot9.0 wrote:TL;DR Good idea but not likely to happen

Also with the loading text I'm 90% likely to not change any of it at all.
Yeah, thought so. It's kinda pointless to have something in there that's probably never going to be seen. And is going to be more trouble than its worth.

And thank you. Don't know why that was getting on my nerves... Probably because the novelty of that loading text thing passed as soon as Turret uploaded the extra loading texts mod?

Flutter Skye

Post » 06 May 2013, 10:47

Here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/4k7qmotckrbqs ... ition.love
In this Fire Mario is Rootbeer Mario (Thanks Trosh for telling me where the fire Mario colors are)

ucenna

Post » 06 May 2013, 19:02

I made it so that the characters can have custom fireball animations and stats. I only made changes to Assasin. If you want I can continue with everyone else and maybe make a few jump height changes and stuff.
link here:http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?8hsg4niqlvf84g5
note: I didn't use FlutterPie's colors, they didn't seem quite right.

LightningFire

Post » 06 May 2013, 21:32

I just went and downloaded the most recent version of the mod (since the one I had was the one without the custom text font) and I just wanna say, this mod is just going extremely nicely.
I just love everything about it, the title screen music, the scrolling of the options and the select mappack menu and the moving title screen. It's just all so well made.

idiot9.0

Post » 06 May 2013, 22:20

ucenna wrote:You know some of the portal entities ought to be customized.
Unless someone can come up with some great-looking replacements, no.
ucenna wrote:I made it so that the characters can have custom fireball animations and stats. I only made changes to Assasin. If you want I can continue with everyone else and maybe make a few jump height changes and stuff.
Kinda like it but at the same time don't want to bother. However, if the other 3 marios like the idea (seeing as they're the ones it'd be affecting), I'll have you continue it.
LightningFire wrote:I just went and downloaded the most recent version of the mod (since the one I had was the one without the custom text font) and I just wanna say, this mod is just going extremely nicely.
I just love everything about it, the title screen music, the scrolling of the options and the select mappack menu and the moving title screen. It's just all so well made.
Pretty much the community's involvement that has made this so great. Other than the extremely stupids the community as a whole has made this a success.

HAPPYFACES

Post » 07 May 2013, 01:46

idiot9.0 wrote:
ucenna wrote:I made it so that the characters can have custom fireball animations and stats. I only made changes to Assasin. If you want I can continue with everyone else and maybe make a few jump height changes and stuff.
Kinda like it but at the same time don't want to bother. However, if the other 3 marios like the idea (seeing as they're the ones it'd be affecting), I'll have you continue it.
I am on this wagon whole-heartedly, riding it to the end of the Oregon-trail of SYS's community mod.

ucenna

Post » 07 May 2013, 04:36

Well in that case I could use some inspiration on stat changes and fireball graphics. Unless you want something special Idiot, I'll probable just leave your stats as the stock.

Assasin-Kiashi

Post » 07 May 2013, 04:39

to me this honestly sounds like an awesome idea, i'd love to use my dark powers when i go fire mode >:D It'd be good if we could also have custom fire mario colours too though.

ucenna

Post » 07 May 2013, 04:47

That sounds great! If you can get me the colors you want it shouldn't be to hard to insert them.

HAPPYFACES

Post » 07 May 2013, 08:57

ucenna wrote:Well in that case I could use some inspiration on stat changes and fireball graphics. Unless you want something special Idiot, I'll probable just leave your stats as the stock.
I enjoy the element of sound. If you can create a short-range shotgun-like sonic blast, that would be awesome :3

Awesomejim

Post » 07 May 2013, 10:15

How big can the character be? In pixels. Thanks

idiot9.0

Post » 07 May 2013, 10:31

idiot9.0 wrote: This also means that, for the time being, entries for becoming enemies and the like are CLOSED. All I've got for the past few pages were either meh work or terrible, and the stupids questioned me on it. And since SE's on hiatus custom enemies won't be coming anytime soon so we've replaced all we can replace.

Assasin-Kiashi

Post » 07 May 2013, 10:45

ucenna wrote:That sounds great! If you can get me the colors you want it shouldn't be to hard to insert them.
well, for the purple parts, they stay just as they are in normal mode, and the rest turns entirely black.
like this: Image
and for my fire: Image

Awesomejim

Post » 07 May 2013, 10:55

idiot9.0 wrote:
idiot9.0 wrote: This also means that, for the time being, entries for becoming enemies and the like are CLOSED. All I've got for the past few pages were either meh work or terrible, and the stupids questioned me on it. And since SE's on hiatus custom enemies won't be coming anytime soon so we've replaced all we can replace.
Oh come on.
Please.
It'll be good.
It'll represent me.

idiot9.0

Post » 07 May 2013, 10:57

idiot9.0 wrote:entries for becoming enemies and the like are CLOSED.
Get over it.

Awesomejim

Post » 07 May 2013, 11:02

idiot9.0 wrote:
Get over it.
I went through the pages and couldnt find that post.
After a few days i have finally thought of someone to represent me, just so i could input it towards the game. But now your not gonna let me in......

Awesomejim

Post » 07 May 2013, 11:14

Just take my idea into consideration. Gimme a chance.
(will edit the link in soon)
It's a remake of Minecraft Leather, it represents me as imma make a mod with this.
But anyway:
http://i.imgur.com/0LKTYae.png
http://i.imgur.com/iHYjyLp.png

renhoek

Post » 07 May 2013, 11:46

idiot9.0 wrote:
Get over it.
does it look like he's going to change his mind?
If you really want to be involved, try to make a good map for the mappack (or just wait for SE and see what happens to the project)

ucenna

Post » 07 May 2013, 15:01

Assasin-Kiashi wrote:
ucenna wrote:That sounds great! If you can get me the colors you want it shouldn't be to hard to insert them.
well, for the purple parts, they stay just as they are in normal mode, and the rest turns entirely black.
like this: Image
and for my fire: Image
Sounds good. Just so you know your images didn't show up. At least for me. I had to quite and then copy the links to see what you meant. Do you want me to give the fireball root beer colors?

Assasin-Kiashi

Post » 07 May 2013, 16:28

ucenna wrote: Do you want me to give the fireball root beer colors?
what do you mean, the character colours, the root beer powerup itself?

ucenna

Post » 07 May 2013, 16:36

Assasin-Kiashi wrote:
the fireball

ucenna

Post » 07 May 2013, 17:26

Sorry Happyface sorta forgot about you. The only sounds I have immediate access to are the ones that come with the game. If you want something else you'll have to provide it. If you want I can make him shoot shotgun fireballs, It'll be a bit tricksy but it probably won't be to hard. If you make a shotgun/portalgun meld graphic thing I can try and insert that too.

Edit:

Here's the new one with assasin's changes: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?uu3dayq7j9omme6
Is anyone going to want me to change speed, jump height, and stuffs.

Camewel

Post » 07 May 2013, 18:17

Awesomejim wrote:Just take my idea into consideration. Gimme a chance.
It's a remake of Minecraft Leather, it represents me as imma make a mod with this.
But anyway:
http://i.imgur.com/0LKTYae.png
http://i.imgur.com/iHYjyLp.png
Even if he was accepting submissions still (tip: he isn't stop trying) that wouldn't get in.

idiot9.0

Post » 07 May 2013, 20:26

QUOTE WALL ACTIVATE!
Awesomejim wrote:I went through the pages and couldnt find that post.
After a few days i have finally thought of someone to represent me, just so i could input it towards the game. But now your not gonna let me in......
Well gee I didn't know it was hard to find a post.
Awesomejim wrote:Just take my idea into consideration. Gimme a chance.
But anyway:
-images-
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no. They don't look anything like Minecraft leather, nor does it fit representing you. Also no because ENTRIES ARE CLOSED.
ucenna wrote:Is anyone going to want me to change speed, jump height, and stuffs.
If you want you can change the duck to either 'faster run lower jump' or 'slower run higher jump' if you want. Unless people disagree there.

TurretBot

Post » 07 May 2013, 22:19

idiot9.0 wrote:
ucenna wrote:Is anyone going to want me to change speed, jump height, and stuffs.
If you want you can change the duck to either 'faster run lower jump' or 'slower run higher jump' if you want. Unless people disagree there.
Motherducker should be the all-around guy, everyone else has changed stats.

Camewel

Post » 07 May 2013, 23:24

idiot for maximum stats in everything.

TripleXero

Post » 07 May 2013, 23:30

I can see Idiot jumping and just flying off the screen, never coming back

idiot9.0

Post » 07 May 2013, 23:33

And then I'll fall down, hit some birds, put some awesome shades on, and land on a target while explosions happen behind me.

TurretBot

Post » 07 May 2013, 23:45

idiot9.0 wrote:And then I'll fall down, hit some birds, put some awesome shades on, and land on a target while explosions happen behind me.
If Maurice adds smb2j springs this should happen instead.

ucenna

Post » 08 May 2013, 04:25

There was a flaw in the old one (it only checked what player one was and not the individual players) so here's a fixed version: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?292qwth8i2x0j41

renhoek

Post » 08 May 2013, 08:35

idiot9.0 wrote:And then I'll fall down, hit some birds, put some awesome shades on, and land on a target while explosions happen behind me.
funny that you mention you being in a game instead of trosh... no body but you will get the joke but you.

Awesomejim

Post » 08 May 2013, 10:20

[/quote] HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no. They don't look anything like Minecraft leather, nor does it fit representing you. [/quote]
Well I play Minecraft alot so it does represent me. The first sprite is just a recolor of minecraft leather so you are wrong. Funny you say that leather cant represent me, yet there is other SHIT on here representing people. Let us all remember that a MLP represents someone in this thread.... Hahaha thats fuckin hilarious.
You guys are funny.

Flutter Skye

Post » 08 May 2013, 10:26

For instance the piranha plant is my Pony OC.
The goomba is Renhoek's Gabe from a game he's working on.
The "Leather" does not represent you , does it look like you ? Nope. Playing a game doesn't mean it does represent you. Also like idiot said.

renhoek

Post » 08 May 2013, 10:41

good job but you missed the mario recolour, kirby, turret opera blocks, funky tilesets, maurice, saso, bonko, etc (do you see how much of shit anyone gives that there's ponys in this now? Stop being immature and get over it.)

also people will recognize you as leather?

Automatik

Post » 08 May 2013, 11:27

Well I play Minecraft alot so it does represent me
Ahahahahaahahahahahahahahahhahahhaha
I assume you have a "leather item" skin. No? then it don't represent you.
The first sprite is just a recolor of minecraft leather so you are wrong.
Well, it's still not the original leather.(Why did you recolored it, anyway? It look like shit)
Funny you say that leather cant represent me, yet there is other SHIT on here representing people. Let us all remember that a MLP represents someone in this thread.... Hahaha thats fuckin hilarious.
You guys are funny.
So, let's see...
  • No one's avatar is something lifeless, or eyesless.
  • Ponies are living entities, that are recognisable(And since some people use them for their avatars, it represent them)
  • Some Most even have originals characters : Renhoek, Jackostar, Idiot, TO, Assassin,...
  • They are all good enough sprites to figure in the mod.
No, I don't see what's your definition of "Shit".
Also, you misused imgur, this is the image you posted:http://i.imgur.com/f6xAZiQ.png
Don't use memes like if they are funny or add to the conversation, because they don't.

renhoek

Post » 08 May 2013, 11:36

Automatik wrote: Also, you misused imgur, this is the image you posted:http://i.imgur.com/f6xAZiQ.png
Don't use memes like if they are funny or add to the conversation, because they don't.
best part about this is it's not even the right meme.

Jorichi

Post » 08 May 2013, 13:43

Everyone who uses memes a lot please watch this, listen carefully and try to understand.

And please stop the discission of someone getting in or not, Idiot9.0 has made his final decision and he simply wants what's best for this mod.
I respect his persistance in going on to do this and I really want him to know that. If it was me who did this I'd have said "Screw you guys, screw this mod" and leave.
If you want to be in this so badly, mod it yourself. Respriting an enemy in this isn't hard at all.

I'm having great fun with the Demo so far. It gives off a really happy vibe. And I just want want to say: Awesome job Idiot9.0, and ofcourse everyone who entered!

Assasin-Kiashi

Post » 08 May 2013, 15:06

ucenna wrote:
Assasin-Kiashi wrote:
the fireball
the fireball is the squares.

Camewel

Post » 08 May 2013, 15:48

I got bored so...
Awesomejim wrote:Well I play Minecraft alot so it does represent me.
I don't think you quite understand how representation works. In order for something to represent you, it has to be something that can only apply to you, otherwise it can represent a lot of different people. A good example of this is idiot9.0, who has a well-recognisable character which he's had in his avatar for all his time here. As he posts a lot, many people have seen his avatar, so people recognise that character as representing him. His character is a person, and it replaces Mario, so it all makes sense. However, lots of people in this forum play Minecraft, so a sprite from Minecraft could represent any of them.

Also, leather makes no sense as a fish. The other fish, Jorichi's pony (which you seem surprisingly against) is actually swimming, so it makes sense to replace a fish, but yours is just a piece of leather, weirdly floating through the water. It doesn't make any sense as a replacement, even if it did represent you.
Awesomejim wrote:The first sprite is just a recolor of minecraft leather so you are wrong.
The recolour you did actually doesn't look much like Minecraft leather, even if it is just a recolour. It has the same shape, but changing the colour that much makes it much less recognisable. Someone who's expecting to see Minecraft leather still will, sure, but if you saw that floating through the water, you wouldn't instantly recognise it, especially as that's only one of 2 sprites, and the second sprite looks nothing like Minecraft leather at all, and looks more like a small creature swimming upwards.
Awesomejim wrote:Funny you say that leather cant represent me, yet there is other SHIT on here representing people. Let us all remember that a MLP represents someone in this thread.... Hahaha thats fuckin hilarious.
Everything else in this mod is instantly recognisable as a member of the forums, and it does a good job of representing them. The two ponies in the mod, Jorichi and FP, both have been used in those respective people's avatars for a long time. You can't complain that your objectively bad sprites should be in because there are some that you don't like. And throwing random swear words in just enforces that you're needlessly angry, and not really worth reasoning with or listening too. For one last time, in case you didn't hear first time, submissions are closed. You're not getting in, even if you somehow make a really good entry, there's no way you're getting in.

This is meant to be a Stabyourself community mod anyway, and you're not really a member of the Stabyourself community. Almost half your posts are in this topic right here, just trying to get into the mod. I really don't see why you even want to get in so bad, as you're hardly a member of the community and you're not doing a great job of making friends as it is. Try and fit in some more before demanding that you're better than anyone else.

Firaga

Post » 08 May 2013, 16:39

Camewel wrote:I got bored so...
*Camewel's post*
Camewel for most Honest Member 2013.

copy

Post » 08 May 2013, 16:45

Firaga41 wrote:
Camewel wrote:I got bored so...
*Camewel's post*
Camewel for most Honest Member 2013.
We should have a poll for best member of the month.

@Camawel
He IS awfuly OCD on multiple levels... Still, if I had the chance I'd make you member of the month.
Last edited by copy on 08 May 2013, 17:08, edited 1 time in total.

Camewel

Post » 08 May 2013, 16:47

I did that once and SJB threw a hissy fit so no thanks.

idiot9.0

Post » 08 May 2013, 20:57

Few things:
-AwesomeJim is never getting into the mod because I just looked at the shame chamber and saw his posts that were split from this thread. Just wow.
Camewel wrote:I did that once and SJB threw a hissy fit so no thanks.
-So one person threw a fit. Big deal. Do it if you want. Can't please everyone. Unless you're me.

-Kyle Prior contacted me via steam and wanted to be the castle piranha plants. As you know I did close entries, but Kyle's a good member, and he did provide me some sprites. So like I did with FP when he was perma'd, I'm gonna let you guys decide. Do you think he should be in or not? His sprites are below:

Qcode

Post » 08 May 2013, 21:09

I say yes even though entries are closed. Someone could touch up on his sprites a bit though, they are a bit bland.