Square Screen

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
cbailey78

Post » 17 Sep 2012, 01:29

Is it possible to have a lua code that you can play mari0 in an original 16x16 tile screen instead of the "widescreen" mode? Especially for people with non widescreen monitors.

TripleXero

Post » 17 Sep 2012, 01:59

I have made a minor edit that's done this, I'll start uploading it now

Here You Go! It even uses the Classic Mode hack. The text at the top of the screen isn't exactly the same as the original game. I also removed the Stabyourself.net screen and added the old SMB title screen, but that was for my personal use and I'll be reuploading the original soon once they're readded

I also added a crappy skid sound when I was messing around awhile ago, I can remove that, too if you want

cbailey78

Post » 17 Sep 2012, 03:26

THANK YOU! You guys are the BEST!!! Mari0 is totally making my dream come true! Keep up the awesome work! I can't wait for the SE to get released and start beta testing it.

PEACE

idiot9.0

Post » 17 Sep 2012, 11:47

TripleXero wrote:I also added a crappy skid sound when I was messing around awhile ago, I can remove that, too if you want
I dunno if it's just me, but whenever I skid, it gives a giant ear-destroying sound instead of just the skid. If someone else can try this out and see if it works for them, that'd be appreciated.

TheSeek

Post » 17 Sep 2012, 15:08

idiot9.0 wrote:
TripleXero wrote:I also added a crappy skid sound when I was messing around awhile ago, I can remove that, too if you want
I dunno if it's just me, but whenever I skid, it gives a giant ear-destroying sound instead of just the skid. If someone else can try this out and see if it works for them, that'd be appreciated.
doesnt happen to me, just a normal skid sound(which i dont like btw.)
TripleXero wrote: I also removed the Stabyourself.net screen and added the old SMB title screen, but that was for my personal use and I'll be reuploading the original soon once they're readded
If i was you, i would have left th Stabyourself.net screen there, and centered it together witht the random sentences.

TripleXero

Post » 18 Sep 2012, 00:04

I'll be readding all the Stabyourself stuff again, the only reason it was removed to being with is because I never figured anyone else would see this "hack" if you would call it that. And sorry about the skidding, I wanted to add it and it sucked when I actually got it in. And the centering isn't right because the random loading messages were gone at one time, too

Maurice
Stabyourself.net

Post » 18 Sep 2012, 10:18

SMB has a resolution of 16x14 blocks.
Since Mari0 was (mostly) written with dynamic width anyway, this is a single line mod.
main.lua line 38