[REQUEST] Super Mario Bros. Deluxe

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
TripleXero

Post » 15 Aug 2012, 00:29

Something I've been thinking about lately, SMB Deluxe for Game Boy Color. While the screen size sucked compared to the original, it introduced some cool features. While I'm not asking for a the Boo races or maps of the current world you're on, I thought it'd be nice if things like the lava and water got animated, extra sound effects were added, Peach and Toad were animated, maybe even some other stuff I don't remember (I haven't played Deluxe in years)

Flutter Skye

Post » 15 Aug 2012, 00:34

TripleXero wrote:Something I've been thinking about lately, SMB Deluxe for Game Boy Color. While the screen size sucked compared to the original, it introduced some cool features. While I'm not asking for a the Boo races or maps of the current world you're on, I thought it'd be nice if things like the lava and water got animated, extra sound effects were added, Peach and Toad were animated, maybe even some other stuff I don't remember (I haven't played Deluxe in years)
in Mari0 SE there are animated tiles and you can add custom music

TripleXero

Post » 15 Aug 2012, 01:16

I don't think you understand what I meant about sound effects, me adding a song to my mappack isn't going to magically add sound effects to skidding or jumping on the springs

renhoek

Post » 15 Aug 2012, 02:40

TripleXero wrote:I don't think you understand what I meant about sound effects, me adding a song to my mappack isn't going to magically add sound effects to skidding or jumping on the springs
well I don't know if there's going to be any custom sounds or custom end level character (that feature could be interesting for maps) so I'd suggest modding the engine,
also just incase you want to play the multi player maps

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1779&p=27833#p27833

Mr.Q.Marx?

Post » 15 Aug 2012, 10:58

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote: custom end level character
Maurice wrote: Mappacks can replace these graphics:
Toad and Princess are in there. You can make all sprites animated in SE. Toad and Princess could easily be animated in SE.

Sound effects? Not so much without mods I don't think.

BobTheLawyer

Post » 15 Aug 2012, 13:15

Mr.Q.Marx? wrote:
xXxrenhoekxXx wrote: custom end level character
Maurice wrote: Mappacks can replace these graphics:
Toad and Princess are in there. You can make all sprites animated in SE. Toad and Princess could easily be animated in SE.

Animated?
No. Just look different, but with modding, anything is possible...
I am looking forward to the new action blocks, but if they don't turn some blocks solid and others not, I might have to mod that ability myself.

I could put a spring sound on a spring easily, but I don't make springs...

TripleXero

Post » 16 Aug 2012, 04:00

After some messing around, I figured out how to add a sound to Mario's sliding. I used the vine sound for when Mario is running and sliding to the right. I'm not sure how to add a custom sound, and if I do, make the game still work. Because me trying to add an extra frame to Mario's running screwed up the whole game. And when I can add the sound, where to get it from?

Mr.Q.Marx?

Post » 16 Aug 2012, 12:29

BobTheLawyer wrote:
Mr.Q.Marx? wrote: Toad and Princess are in there. You can make all sprites animated in SE. Toad and Princess could easily be animated in SE.

Animated?
No. Just look different, but with modding, anything is possible...
I am looking forward to the new action blocks, but if they don't turn some blocks solid and others not, I might have to mod that ability myself.

I could put a spring sound on a spring easily, but I don't make springs...
Hmmm I must've misread the forums a bit, for some reason I thought you could.
TripleXero wrote:After some messing around, I figured out how to add a sound to Mario's sliding. I used the vine sound for when Mario is running and sliding to the right. I'm not sure how to add a custom sound, and if I do, make the game still work. Because me trying to add an extra frame to Mario's running screwed up the whole game. And when I can add the sound, where to get it from?
Main.lua

Code: Select all

newsoundname = love.audio.newSource("sounds/newsoundname.ogg", "static");love.audio.stop(newsoundname)
newsoundname is what you replace. You should put it under "stabsound = love.audio.newSource("sounds/stab.ogg", "static")" around line 700.
then in the soundlist you put in your replacement for newsoundname. The soundlist is line 725-727 in Vanilla Mari0.

TripleXero

Post » 17 Aug 2012, 04:48

Thank you alot! But do you know of any useful websites that I can get sound effects from, or an emulator that you can mute the background music from?

renhoek

Post » 17 Aug 2012, 10:02

TripleXero wrote:Thank you alot! But do you know of any useful websites that I can get sound effects from, or an emulator that you can mute the background music from?
http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb ... o=&filter=
http://www.sounds-resource.com/
these two have dowloads for sounds from nearly all games... Just not every single sound but still..

TripleXero

Post » 17 Aug 2012, 11:47

I did manage to find a skidding sound! Thank you again, but you did leave one thing out when having to add a custom sound, you need to add the sound to "soundlist"

Mr.Q.Marx?

Post » 18 Aug 2012, 20:23

TripleXero wrote:I did manage to find a skidding sound! Thank you again, but you did leave one thing out when having to add a custom sound, you need to add the sound to "soundlist"
Mr.Q.Marx? wrote:then in the soundlist you put in your replacement for newsoundname. The soundlist is line 725-727 in Vanilla Mari0.

TripleXero

Post » 19 Aug 2012, 01:06

Maybe I need to focus more on what I read when I'm tired, I'm sorry