Multiple custom music

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
worldpeace

Post » 28 Jul 2012, 20:03

I release this due to a request.
Link: mm.zip

Since I was lazy and not familiar with lua, I didn't bother with user interface.
I just implemented minimal functionality.

Features:
1. multiple custom music
2. star music bug fixed

How to use:
1. Mod installation
In the archive there are three files: editor.lua, game.lua, and gui.lua
case1) If you didn't ever fix those files for your mod or you don't care, just copy them to your mod.
case2) Otherwise, you should modify your codes manually. In the attached files, I commented on the changed parts as "--changed". Replace the corresponding parts of your code.
* Backup is recommended

2. Additional music insertion
1) Rename your music file as "musicX.mp3" or "musicX.ogg", where X is a number bigger than 7.
e.g. music8.mp3, music9.mp3, music10.mp3 ....
2) Open your map file with notepad, "1-1.txt" for example.
3) Find the word "music" and designate the music number you want.
e.g. "music=2" => "music=8"
Then music8.mp3 will be played.

cf. music=1 : none (no music)
music=2 : overworld
music=3 : underground
music=4 : castle
music=5 : underwater
music=6 : star
music=7 : custom (music.mp3 or music.ogg)

Note that all custom music in a mappack will be loaded at a time when a level is opened. (in game or level editor)

If you use massive custom music, it takes lots of time to load. And it may seem like the game is frozen.

In future versions, I will move the loading routine to "levelscreen.lua" which shows the current level and the number of remaining lives.
For each levelscreen, only music used in the current level and its sublevel will be loaded. So we can divide the loading cost and prevent the game from being frozen for a long time.

If you find any bugs, please let me know.

ДŋลϚŁลяล!

Post » 05 Aug 2012, 02:50

Nice mod, may use it on Aperture+, my mappack! Thanks! ^^

FaycalMenouar

Post » 05 Aug 2012, 03:03

Cool stuff bro , gonna use it :)

Superjustinbros

Post » 29 Oct 2012, 21:10

Sorry for the bump, but is there any possible way you could explain what parts of the three .lua files were changed so I can apply this mod to an existing mod?

Mr.Q.Marx?

Post » 29 Oct 2012, 21:53

Superjustinbros wrote:Sorry for the bump, but is there any possible way you could explain what parts of the three .lua files were changed so I can apply this mod to an existing mod?
worldpeace wrote: In the attached files, I commented on the changed parts as "--changed". Replace the corresponding parts of your code.
Is this not the case?

Superjustinbros

Post » 27 Nov 2012, 02:53

Mr.Q.Marx? wrote:
Superjustinbros wrote:Sorry for the bump, but is there any possible way you could explain what parts of the three .lua files were changed so I can apply this mod to an existing mod?
worldpeace wrote: In the attached files, I commented on the changed parts as "--changed". Replace the corresponding parts of your code.
Is this not the case?
No, but it's too confusing. I'd prefer just being let known what in a vanilla Mario what to replace with what, not trying to guess everything and have the mod crash the instant I try to boot it up.

Maurice
Stabyourself.net

Post » 28 Nov 2012, 09:32

Superjustinbros wrote:No, but it's too confusing. I'd prefer just being let known what in a vanilla Mario what to replace with what, not trying to guess everything and have the mod crash the instant I try to boot it up.
There's enough programs which tell you the difference in 2 revisions of code. Git for example.

domnitrolp

Post » 07 Aug 2013, 21:51

I dont get it to work...
i dont know WHAT i do wrong,but I know THAT i do anything wrong °-°

Gramanaitor

Post » 08 Aug 2013, 00:03

domnitrolp wrote:I dont get it to work...
i dont know WHAT i do wrong,but I know THAT i do anything wrong °-°
Here. Please try not to bump any more old threads.