- • NEW Undo/redo with CTRL+Z / CTRL+Y - up to 5 steps!
• Tilewheel: select tiles with mousewheel more easily
• Hotkey for testing mode: F5
• Switch between tiles & entites: Q key
• Stay in testing mode after dying (get the modded levelscreen.lua!)
• Easily assign hotkeys to tiles and entities: press number key while mouse is over the selected tile in the menu
• Select the whole map with CTRL + A
• Move selected tiles by clicking on the selection with left mouse button
• Select multiple tiles by holding CTRL and clicking with the left mouse button
• Delete selected tiles with delete/backspace keys
• Copy and paste selected tiles by clicking on the selection with right mouse button
• Cut, copy, paste selected tiles: CTRL+X / CTRL+C / CTRL+V
• Save selected tile region for later use: CTRL + S. You can then select it from the level editor menu > tiles > objects. The data is saved to objects.txt in the mappack folder. To change object names, you have to edit the file directly. Objects.txt file can be shared along with tilesets to get predefined multitile objects ready for use in Better Level Editor.
• Keyboard shortcuts for your objects: hold CTRL and press the number keys.
• Set paste mode dropdown to opaque to make empty tiles "overwrite" other tiles when pasting.
• Change brush size with shift + mouse wheel and change brush width/height individually with shift + arrow keys
• Scroll the map with ctrl + mouse wheel
• Replace all X tiles with Y tile by holding E + left click
Mappacks created with this mod are fully compatible with the unmodded version of the game.
Get the modded files: (Right click on link, then Save link or similar)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5831485/4/levelscreen.lua Get this too if you do NOT want to return to editor after dying in testing mode
(There may be bugs in it - save your map regularly!)
Loading previously saved multitile objects, then cutting and pasting back:
Copy & paste:
Brush size, tile switcher: