How to run the lua code in the source code

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
Ganondalf

Post » 12 Jun 2012, 05:06

I'm very VERY new to the lua coding environment, and I'm getting a little confused about how it all works. I opened up some of the source code and edited it, but when I run the love file, it doesn't run the version that I just coded, so I'm assuming they aren't connected (which is probably pretty obvious to you guys who actually program this stuff already). The thing is, I'm not sure how to run the lua codes after I've edited them. I've installed lua, but when I try to run the game.lua file it doesn't do anything. I'm guessing that's not the right way to go about it, but I'm not sure what it. There may be a topic about this already, but I don't know how I would find it since it would probably be worded differently by someone who actually knew what they were doing.

Qcode

Post » 12 Jun 2012, 05:25

Last edited by Qcode on 21 Oct 2021, 08:10, edited 2 times in total.

pbalazs

Post » 12 Jun 2012, 09:10

After installing the latest LÖVE version, I've made a shortcut that starts it with the mari0 source folder as argument, so when I run the shortcut, it runs the code.
Add something like this for the shortcut target:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\LOVE\love.exe" "C:\path\to\your\mari0_source"
Change the first parameter to your actual love installation, the second one to the mari0 source folder, where the lua files are.

EDIT: now that I think about it, a console window would be useful, but I don't really know how to do it yet.