Mod help request

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
DiamondPhoenix

Post » 18 Mar 2012, 06:15

What do i need to change to make the game be able to go to worlds past world 9? Because when i tried to make a thenth world with the warp zone sprite, i edited the level file to make the warp pipe warp me to world 10, but instead, it brings me to world 1.
If i put 43 FOR EXAMPLE, it brings me to world 4. It only reads one digit, i want it to read 2 digits.
I was able though to make it to world 9.

The mappack im doing actually works as chapters instead of worlds.
I do not care about the editor not reaching such worlds, i just change the filename afterwards.

Just tell me what to do, since i am using a mod, the file that i would need to use might of been changed already

EDIT: also, when i did a test yersterday when editing the file, the warp zone text DID show 43 over the pipe, but then, it waprs me to world 4 as i said

EntranceJew

Post » 18 Mar 2012, 12:01

The problem is that the function that reads the data from the level files probably doesn't respect double digit worlds and probably only reads the first character according to your description of what happens when you supply it level 10. You would have to modify the function that reads the level data to behave accordingly. You might also have to change the GUI code that handles drawing the world information at the top.

DiamondPhoenix

Post » 18 Mar 2012, 23:21

My only guess is game.lua, am i right?

Ive figured out other stuff like text display stuff.
I would also need a custom entity that is like the warp zone sprite, except, it instantly warps you as you touch the sprite. no text display

EntranceJew

Post » 18 Mar 2012, 23:30

DiamondPhoenix wrote:My only guess is game.lua, am i right?

Ive figured out other stuff like text display stuff.
I would also need a custom entity that is like the warp zone sprite, except, it instantly warps you as you touch the sprite. no text display
Level loading is most likely handled in: game.lua game_load
Warpzone text is handled in: game.lua game_draw
You'll also need to be careful to check handling suspend saving and loading to see if it impacts what you're doing, located in (respectively): main.lua suspendgame & continuegame

DiamondPhoenix

Post » 19 Mar 2012, 00:59

Alright, i did some testing with the suspending, it worked!
Like, i hacked the suspend file to go to level 42-1, i selected cuntinue, and it showed the level i made for 42-1, i copied that level until 43-1. in one of these levels, i suspended the game on 42-3, and i continued, and it worked perfectly. The flag pole didnt bring me to world 4, it just went on normally even after 42-4 (it then went to 43-1)

I guess the only problem is the warp zone sprite.
I cant seem to see the file in the .love game file

canI

Post » 19 Mar 2012, 01:13

Looks to be drawn by hand in game.lua, game_draw()

DiamondPhoenix

Post » 19 Mar 2012, 01:22

No i mean, when i warp to worlds over 9, only one digit is being seen.

I already played with the text.

Camewel

Post » 19 Mar 2012, 01:29

That's probably to do with level loading. Have a play with how warp pipes are loaded.

DiamondPhoenix

Post » 19 Mar 2012, 03:08

Good news! I found another way to deal with this!
Since i wont be using coins in my mappack, i used it as level skips, they will be placed just before the flag pole (they will be impossible not to pick then up)
These coins will make "lvlskip" go up by 1 and when i win the level, this is used:

Code: Select all

function nextlevel()
     love.audio.stop()
     mariolevel = mariolevel + 1 + lvlskip
(from game.lua)

With that, i can go to worlds past 9 easily!
I just tested it, and it works good!
Also, lvlskip is reset to 0 when a new level starts.

Modding is fun!

EDIT: i just realised, i didnt even have to replace all "mariocoincounter" with "lvlskip";
i couldve just added "mariocoincounter = 0" to mario.lua and added " + mariocoincounter" to  "mariolevel = mariolevel + 1" instead of "lvlskip".
lvlskip was all because i wanted to add rightclick values to the flag, but didnt know how... I mean, the right click worked, its was just, how to make it work. Oh well.

jornanders

Post » 26 Mar 2012, 19:12

if you wanna help with mods i need help i realy dont know how to instal them