Tricky Skills

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
Sheep

Post » 06 Mar 2012, 02:13

DOWNLOAD

Sheep proudly presents...

Tricky Skills

Tricky, and requires skills

His first Mappack!

Easy mode: Get in the warppipe in the first level. This will give you enough 1 ups, that prevent you from going game over.
Hard mode: Skip the warppipe, and try to defeat the maps with the 3 starting lifes.

Worlds: 1
Levels: 4 (4 sublevels)
Style: Super Mario Bros.
Difficulty: Tricky/Frame Perfect
Time: Around 5 to 15 minutes

Thank you for downloading, enjoy!

DOWNLOAD
Last edited by Sheep on 06 Mar 2012, 22:14, edited 3 times in total.

Camewel

Post » 06 Mar 2012, 02:30

If you've never beaten it, how do you know it's possible?

Sheep

Post » 06 Mar 2012, 13:51

Camewel wrote:If you've never beaten it, how do you know it's possible?
It was late and I had to go to bed. I've beat it myself now, and changed the maps a bit.

I would like to have a review on this map :)

PvtVain

Post » 06 Mar 2012, 14:01

Creativity: 3.00/5.00 (Had quite a bit of creativity and I liked it.)

Diversity: 2.50/5.00 (Was decently different. But could be more abstract.)

Length: 1.00/5.00 (Could've been longer IMO. Try extending the map.)

Fun: 0.75/5.00 (I had some fun but not much of it.)

Challenge: 0.25/5.00 (Wasn't hard at all. I'd suggest increasing the difficulty would help.)

Overall: 7.75/25.00 (It had some interesting ideas, but not executed well. I would've liked it more, if it was more different then most levels. The length was depressing to be honest, but I guess time and all that. Wasn't much fun but I had some. However it wasn't much of a challenge.)
Last edited by PvtVain on 08 Mar 2012, 00:47, edited 2 times in total.

Raicuparta

Post » 06 Mar 2012, 14:22

PvtVain wrote:Will try and review.
Done. I loved it, but I finished with 2 lives only, and I had 23 I think. Just the fact that I didn't give up after dying so many times means it's well designed for a "tricky" level.
I loved the bullet wall, it was unexpected but it makes you react really fast, well done.
I think I'll make a video, maybe sort of speedrun, of this level.

Sheep

Post » 06 Mar 2012, 19:28

Will try and review.
1-3 I liked the first part, the three pipes were pretty useless, and the part with all those Spike enemies, there was no reason to have that many. -2 (810)
Please say you did got the star to get past that part? Right!?
1-4 The starting point is kinda stupid IMO. -2 (610)
It was more of a 'enter the castle' moment.
1-4-2 What was this for anyway. -1 (410)
Please say you jumped on the bullet to get over the gap? Right!?
1-4-3 You could've atleast made the fight hard. -2 (210)
Not sure how to change this. I don't know how to make Bowser throw hammers and spit fire. So I kept it as a basic Bowser fight.

Thanks for your review :)

About the bullet wall I was really afraid people where going to be pissed off, being suprised by the bullets and die. Looks like that didn't happened :)
Last edited by Sheep on 06 Mar 2012, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.

Raicuparta

Post » 06 Mar 2012, 20:08

I'm not sure, but I think I always start levels holding the run and right direction button, so maybe that was the reason I liked the bullet wall so much, don't know about everyone else.

Bowser's behavior changes depending on the level, so if you want a tougher Bowser you can make that tube be a war tube to a level where bowser throws hammers in the original SMB (like 8) and he will do that. It doesn't have to be on x-4 level, can be x-1, x-2, x-3 too.
You must also have a fire area for Bowser to shoot fire, you just put the object "FIRE STRT" where you want the fire to start showing up.
And there are other ways to make the boss battle more exciting, you could have made the walls non-protalble, added some firesticks, etc, as long as it didn't go from "tricky" to "i will murder your fucking wife and rape your kids".

Qrft

Post » 06 Mar 2012, 21:20

Okay, it wasn't really that hard...

1-1: A little too easy, but for the first level it was ok
1-2: Really funny level, I liked it a lot. Even if it's hard to beat on a stuttering macbook...
1-3: The stopping tiles are portalable. So the spike enemies are no challenge.  Still quite a difficult level, especially those pipes...
1-4: All three sublevels were really easy.

Raicuparta

Post » 06 Mar 2012, 21:35

Qrft wrote:1-3: The stopping tiles are portalable. So the spike enemies are no challenge.  Still quite a difficult level, especially those pipes...
I think it was the point, or else it would be pretty much impossible, no?

Sheep

Post » 06 Mar 2012, 22:14

Raicuparta wrote:
Qrft wrote:1-3: The stopping tiles are portalable. So the spike enemies are no challenge.  Still quite a difficult level, especially those pipes...
I think it was the point, or else it would be pretty much impossible, no?
LOL! Never tought about that! xD

No, it is not the way you are supposed to finish the level.
New version DOWNLOAD

Did change a few things, but I think only the third level is worth playing, if you played it already.