[A99E] Bad Apple

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
Qwerbey

Post » 24 Nov 2023, 18:32

Bad Apple in Mari0
At long last, long mostly because I got bored part way through even though it was technically complete, Bad Apple has managed to work its way into Mari0.
The way this is actually implemented is fairly simple. It's just displaying the video as custom enemy animation frames, transforming into a new enemy every second to keep the texture atlas size down. Of course, there's over 200 of them, so I wrote a program to create them for me. Despite that, it was actually the theater background that took most of the work, and that's why it took me since december of last year to make this (on top of it being a side project).

System Requirements:

You need a graphics processor capable of loading images of at least 6000 pixels in dimensions. I think most modern systems can handle that, but lower end ones like phones I'm less sure of. If your system is below that, the video may render incorrectly, or fail to display at all. Load times are also much longer than many other mappacks because you're effectively loading an entire video into memory at once.

Download

SankeySMM2

Post » 10 Dec 2023, 12:56

This is way too large for the game to load on my Lenovo YOGA.

Qwerbey

Post » 13 Dec 2023, 04:52

I only ever tested it with 16GB of memory and a dedicated graphics card, so I suppose it's not too surprising if on lower specs it takes so long to load that Windows thinks it crashed. Unfortunately there's not much I can do about it given the way it's implemented. Provided you have the RAM, it should load eventually, and you should be good from there. For reference, it takes about 7 seconds to load on my machine, and I have had Windows freak out on it once or twice. Maintaining window focus seems to help