[AE] Goldshroom 2 - Bowser's Revenge DX

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
TipouStar

Post » 29 Jan 2023, 00:10

Mari0 AE - Goldshroom 2 - Bowser's Revenge DX

Hello everyone! To celebrate the 4-year birthday of my biggest mappack ever released, I've decided to port it to Mari0 AE! So, here is Goldshroom 2 DX, in an updated and more polished version, with the whole 32 levels now available in a single mappack! (the original one was so big it had to be split in two, but it was due to poor optimization...)

Here is a plot recap in case you need it :
Mario defeated Bowser during his adventure in the west of Goldshroom Island, he managed to collect all the 99 coins that were hidden (This is the story of Goldshroom 1, you can play it here). Thanks to the coins he managed to rebuild the island and became a famous hero. Now, Mario is leading Goldshroom Island but one day, he discovers that Bowser has been revived by an unknown wizard...

The mappack was orignally made with the old version of SE Beta 7. Some mechanics may feel a bit dated because of what was available at that time, but with the DX version using the recent Mari0 AE, the mappack received some significant upgrades, here is a list of some of the changes:

- The 32 hidden Star coins now uses collectables (instead of a password system you had to remember)
- Puzzles tweaked to be easier and more enjoyable
- Some little fixes to make levels compatible with custom characters
- Levels now have a "Time Attack" mode included! Actually, it just displays your time at the end of the level
- Better custom enemies and well-optimized to reduce loading times
- Better custom backgrounds and animated
- Custom sounds
- Musics now support looping, are all normalized and compressed to keep file size low (93 Mb VS 300 Mb before)
- Centered Camera
- And several other minor changes...

Here are a few screenshots and gif featuring some of the new additions :
Title Screen

World 1 miniboss

World 3-2

World 4-1

World 5-2

World 6-2

World 8-2

Download Link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2nybauko ... X.zip/file

You can also check the old trailer and screenshots below :

World 1

World 2

World 3

World 4

World 5

World 6

World 7

World 8

Enjoy! And please give feedback!
If you enjoy it, I might convert the complementary quest as well...
Last edited by TipouStar on 19 Feb 2024, 20:41, edited 2 times in total.

Juliosmlg

Post » 29 Jan 2023, 18:08

THIS IS EPIC!(very good job!)

SankeySMM2

Post » 30 Jan 2023, 02:03

I wish the cutscenes weren't so long or you could skip them. But overall, this is amazing!

TipouStar

Post » 30 Jan 2023, 08:30

Thanks for your feedbacks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. And as for skipping cutscenes, you can use the skip blocks, it's the rainbow block with "skip" written on it, you just have to press "down" on it, the same way as you would enter a pipe. I could make cutscenes more skippable-friendly but it would be a lot of work.

SankeySMM2

Post » 30 Jan 2023, 09:03

TipouStar wrote:
30 Jan 2023, 08:30
Thanks for your feedbacks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. And as for skipping cutscenes, you can use the skip blocks, it's the rainbow block with "skip" written on it, you just have to press "down" on it, the same way as you would enter a pipe. I could make cutscenes more skippable-friendly but it would be a lot of work.
No I mean what if you just want to skip the cutscene without skipping a part of the level?

TipouStar

Post » 30 Jan 2023, 20:40

Yeah once a cutscene is playing you can't skip it. We couldn't do it back in the day with Mari0 SE.

So the only way is to use the skip blocks, they don't skip the interesting parts of the level though so you're not missing any relevant gameplay content.

But I understand your feedback, thanks, and for my future mappacks, I'll try to make cutscenes shorter or if not, skippable easily.

SankeySMM2

Post » 31 Jan 2023, 03:06

TipouStar wrote:
30 Jan 2023, 20:40
Yeah once a cutscene is playing you can't skip it. We couldn't do it back in the day with Mari0 SE.

So the only way is to use the skip blocks, they don't skip the interesting parts of the level though so you're not missing any relevant gameplay content.

But I understand your feedback, thanks, and for my future mappacks, I'll try to make cutscenes shorter or if not, skippable easily.
[sigh] Alright...