Bullet Descent

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
WilliamFrog

Post » 20 Sep 2022, 00:19

Bullet Descent
It's not the fall that kills you

UPDATE: Some AE update made a change that damaged one of the enemies in level 8 and made the level almost impossible. This can be fixed by going to the mappack folder > enemies > enemies > warp radiation.json and removing the line "frozen":true,

Bullet Descent is a mappack where you fly through obstacle courses, solve minor puzzles, and kill glassies who get in your way. It's closer to a completely new game than a mappack really. For why? You get to read the story once you beat it; it's in the lore.zip archive, which is encrypted and you will be told the password once you win (Don't share it with anyone).

Features:
• 8 levels of completely new and challenging gameplay, like nothing you've seen in Mari0 before
• No music (sorry music lovers, but you can add your own I guess)
• A couple minor easter eggs (featuring unresolved plot points)
• Controller support if you like controllers
• Support for v13D if you somehow haven't updated yet
• I don't know if it works on mobile, but if it does that's a feature too
• Awesome in-game credits at the end (or you can boringly read credits.txt)

I've been working on this map all year, though I haven't said a whole lot about it. It's nice to finally release it. Note that some of the maps are a bit performance intensive; there's nothing I can do about this, so bring your best pc. There won't be major updates, but if people have issues, I might make a small update to address them. As usual, tell me if you have any such issues, or if I broke the download or something.

Made for AE v13D and up; this is a mappack, not a mod, and must be unzipped with the files placed in a folder in your mappacks folder, where you can select it from the mappacks menu in-game.
bullet descent.zip
(861.47 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
Last edited by WilliamFrog on 28 Jan 2024, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.

SankeySMM2

Post » 06 Nov 2022, 08:43

WilliamFrog wrote:
20 Sep 2022, 00:19
Bullet Descent
It's not the fall that kills you

Bullet Descent is a mappack where you fly through obstacle courses, solve minor puzzles, and kill glassies who get in your way. It's closer to a completely new game than a mappack really. For why? You get to read the story once you beat it; it's in the lore.zip archive, which is encrypted and you will be told the password once you win (Don't share it with anyone).

Features:
• 8 levels of completely new and challenging gameplay, like nothing you've seen in Mari0 before
• No music (sorry music lovers, but you can add your own I guess)
• A couple minor easter eggs (featuring unresolved plot points)
• Controller support if you like controllers
• Support for v13D if you somehow haven't updated yet
• I don't know if it works on mobile, but if it does that's a feature too
• Awesome in-game credits at the end (or you can boringly read credits.txt)

I've been working on this map all year, though I haven't said a whole lot about it. It's nice to finally release it. Note that some of the maps are a bit performance intensive; there's nothing I can do about this, so bring your best pc. There won't be major updates, but if people have issues, I might make a small update to address them. As usual, tell me if you have any such issues, or if I broke the download or something.

Made for AE v13D and up; this is a mappack, not a mod, and must be unzipped with the files placed in a folder in your mappacks folder, where you can select it from the mappacks menu in-game.
bullet descent.zip
Did you just say that we can add our own music? Also, I tested this with my Yoshi Controller, it worked perfectly fine, no issues.

Also, you will become a skilled game maker!

Guestzin :3

Post » 17 Nov 2022, 16:25

creativy, cool, its fun, but the gameplay is hardest to play but its good

WilliamFrog

Post » 28 Jan 2024, 22:36

Added instructions to fix a bug caused by an AE update