[AE] Luigi on Ruthless Planet GodCliff (new demo)

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
TipouStar

Post » 03 Mar 2022, 14:33

Mari0 AE - Luigi RPG (demo)

Hello everyone! Today, March 3rd 2022 is the 10th birthday of Mari0! So for this special day...
I'm submitting the demo of my new mappack, "Luigi's Quest, traveler around the Ruthless Planet Godcliff", or for short Luigi RPG. You'll also need to download the Luigi RPG custom character to play it.

Luigi is lost in space, and he's trying to find a way to come back home, a dangerous quest under the threat of the mysterious and bloody planet Godcliff. Luigi is not alone though, he will meet allies that will bestow him unique power-ups and help him in battle.
This mappack is a mix of platforming levels and RPG battles, the first planet will teach you the basics (how the battle system works, your special points, the level up screen) and after that you can play the worlds in the order you want! This mappack includes a scaling mechanism so that enemies become stronger the more planets you complete.

There are also a lot of features I'll let you discover by yourself like cutscenes, shop, mini-games and even a bar where you can chit chat!

Here is a video of the mappack (sorry for the bad quality):

I've some pictures and GIFs too !

Title Screen

RPG Battle

Shop

Ruincliff

Mooncliff

Urbancliff

Download link of the mappack:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/vbc6m5ka ... o.zip/file

Download link for the Luigi RPG custom Character:
Unzip it and move all the "luigi_rpg" folder inside the "characters" folder of Mari0 AE
luigi_rpg_character.zip
(505.33 KiB) Downloaded 455 times
Sprite preview:

Power-Ups

Enjoy! And please give feedback!
Last edited by TipouStar on 16 Mar 2024, 13:54, edited 3 times in total.

WaluigiDaGreat

Post » 13 Nov 2023, 23:54

TipouStar wrote:
03 Mar 2022, 14:33
Mari0 AE - Luigi RPG (demo)

Hello everyone! Today, March 3rd 2022 is the 10th birthday of Mari0! So for this special day...
I'm submitting the demo of my new mappack, "Luigi's Quest, traveler around the Ruthless Planet Godcliff", or for short Luigi RPG. You'll also need to download the Luigi RPG custom character to play it.

Luigi is lost in space, and he's trying to find a way to come back home, a dangerous quest under the threat of the mysterious and bloody planet Godcliff. Luigi is not alone though, he will meet allies that will bestow him unique power-ups and help him in battle.
This mappack is a mix of platforming levels and RPG battles, the first planet will teach you the basics (how the battle system works, your special points, the level up screen) and after that you can play the worlds in the order you want! This mappack includes a scaling mechanism so that enemies become stronger the more planets you complete.

There are also a lot of features I'll let you discover by yourself like cutscenes, shop, mini-games and even a bar where you can chit chat!

Here is a video of the mappack (sorry for the bad quality):

I've some pictures and GIFs too !

Title Screen

RPG Battle

Shop

Ruincliff

Mooncliff

Urbancliff

Download link of the mappack:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/vbc6m5ka ... o.zip/file

Download link for the Luigi RPG custom Character:
Unzip it and move all the "luigi_rpg" folder inside the "characters" folder of Mari0 AE
luigi_rpg_character.zip
Sprite preview:

Luigi RPG custom character Controls:
Dodge: Press the Reload button (you can also dodge laterally by holding Left/Right)
Small fireball: Press Use button
Spinning ball: Hold Use button for a short time then release
Charged Attack: Hold Use button for a long time then release
Switching Powerup: Use button + Holding Up

For phone users, here's a version of the Luigi RPG character that should be easier to use. Note that I haven't tested if the whole mappack can be completed on phone. And if using the Phone version of the character, don't pay attention to the dialogbox of the mappack that explain Luigi's moves because it won't match.
luigi_rpg_phone_demo.zip

Luigi RPG custom character Controls:
Dodge: Press the Use button (you can also dodge laterally by holding Left/Right)
Small fireball: Press Run button
Spinning ball: Hold Run button for a short time then release
Charged Attack: Hold Run button for a long time then release
Switching Powerup: Reload button

Power-Ups

Enjoy! And please give feedback!

Cant wait for Godcliff and the other 2 planets to be done.

TipouStar

Post » 16 Mar 2024, 14:32

I can't believe it has been 2 years since the demo released already! Don't worry, the mappack is still in development, I've been working on it the whole time. And I've made good progress, all 5 exoplanets are now done and the final world Godcliff is more than half completed. Though, I'll only release the whole mappack when it's fully finished.

Here are some gifs of the last 2 exoplanets:

Sweetcliff

Skycliff

And I'll share other gifs of the final world in the coming days. I've made a very special level, something that's never been done in Mari0!

TipouStar

Post » 29 Mar 2024, 01:40

As promised, I'm sharing the special stuff! And it's one of the reasons the mappack is taking such a long time...
So, in the final world, a big portion is played like a true Top-Down RPG! Making this was a real challenge because I've never made an RPG game before and had to make it work in Mari0!

Top-down Graveyard
Luigi_RPG_Red_Grave.gif
Luigi_RPG_Red_Grave.gif (6.57 MiB) Viewed 130 times
Top-down Battlefield
Luigi_RPG_Red_Field.gif
Luigi_RPG_Red_Field.gif (11.03 MiB) Viewed 130 times
As you can see, I've used custom enemies to create: the moving player, npc looking at you, character switching and their abilities, and much more!
I can't wait for you all to play this part! Though, you'll have to wait for the full release of the mappack and this top-down section is really late in the game.