[AE] Goldshroom Island DX

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
TipouStar

Post » 20 Nov 2021, 17:14

Mari0 AE - Goldshroom Island DX

Hello everyone! I decided to convert the Goldshroom Island mappack I've made with SE7 into the latest version of Mari0 AE using my own converter. This mappack is important for me because it was my first finished mappack submitted on the forum and I also wanted to play it with the custom characters of Mari0 AE.

So about the mappack, Mario arrived in a new Island called Goldshroom and must complete 32 levels to save Peach. For more challenge he can try collecting all of the 99 hidden coins. This DX version received some upgrades, the list of all changes is below but I wanted to stay as close as possible to the original material, so levels stayed quite the same. It may feel a bit dated because it relies heavily on what was available in Mari0 SE, and some levels may retain the same flaws but overall this DX version is the defintive way to enjoy this original adventure!

List of the new stuffs :
- The 99 hidden Goldshroom coins are now collectables so you cannot cheat anymore and grab the same coin multiple times!
- Levels now have regular coins in them
- Levels received changes to make it compatible with custom characters in Big Form
- Levels now have a "Time Attack" mode included! Actually, it just displays at the end of the level, how many seconds it took you to complete it
- Animated custom backgrounds
- Custom sounds
- Musics now support looping, are all normalized and compressed to keep file size low (75 Mb VS 230 Mb before)
- And other minor changes and fix

Some screenshots and gif of the mappack featuring some of the new additions :
Title Screen

World 2-2

World 5-4 Boss

World 7-4

World 8-2

My Samus custom character trying "Time Attack" on 3-1
gAE3-3speedsamus.gif
gAE3-3speedsamus.gif (11.26 MiB) Viewed 5977 times

Download Link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/no20xh00 ... X.zip/file

You can also check the old trailer and screenshots below :

World 1

World 2

World 3

World 4

World 5

World 6

World 7

World 8

Enjoy! And please give feedback!
If you enjoy it, I might convert its sequel as well...