Mari0 SE/CE to AE level converter

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
TipouStar

Post » 29 Apr 2021, 19:40

Hi everyone,

I've made a SE/CE to AE level converter in Python. Almost all elements of the level are converted, here is a list:
  • Tiles, coins
  • Entities, with most right-click parameters, and links being kept
  • Enemies and custom enemies
  • Level metadata
Disclaimer, due to differences between SE/CE and AE, converted levels almost always need manual work to be played flawlessly. Therefore don't expect this converter, to be a "convert-and-play" script, it's more of a tool that helps porting SE mappacks to AE.

Also, this converter won't work on a phone, you need a computer and Python to run this!

To use it, grab the code from my Github :
https://github.com/Plouni/mari0_se_ce_t ... _converter

By the way, I've also released a Python script to convert tilesets and animated tiles using the old format of Mari0 SE to the format used by Mari0 AE, here is the GitHub link as well :
https://github.com/Plouni/mari0_se_tiles_to_ae

So if you have some old SE or CE mappacks that you want to port to Mari0 AE, feel free to use these!
Last edited by TipouStar on 20 Oct 2023, 13:45, edited 1 time in total.

SubPixuru

Post » 29 Apr 2021, 23:52

oh wow that's actually really cool. never would've expected this to happen

TipouStar

Post » 30 Apr 2021, 13:21

hehe thanks! Yeah this was a bit unexpected since nobody (except me :p) uses these old versions anymore. But because I wanted to port some of my old maps to AE, I decided to make my own converter because it would be faster than porting everything manually.

MasterOfGhosts258

Post » 16 Oct 2023, 23:11

TipouStar Can this work on android?

TipouStar

Post » 17 Oct 2023, 08:25

You need to run a Python Script to convert levels. If you can run Python on Android, this converter should work, I think... but I'd highly recommend doing it on a PC. What mappack do you want to convert by the way?

MasterOfGhosts258

Post » 18 Oct 2023, 01:30

TipouStar wrote:
17 Oct 2023, 08:25
You need to run a Python Script to convert levels. If you can run Python on Android, this converter should work, I think... but I'd highly recommend doing it on a PC. What mappack do you want to convert by the way?
Thanks for the info! I'm not trying to convert a mappack, I'm just seeing if it can work on android, There are a couple awesome SE mappacks that I saw before, but I'm not trying to convert one at the moment though.

TipouStar

Post » 18 Oct 2023, 08:18

Oh I see. I'd have recommended you to play on PC with Mari0 SE directly but I guess your objective is to play them on a phone... Sadly, unless someone converts the mappack to AE, you can't play them on Android. Besides, I'll update my initial post, because the converter is not automatic, manual work is always required to make sure the converted mappack runs flawlessly on AE, and that can take some time.