Luigi on Ruthless Planet GodCliff [CE]

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
TipouStar

Post » 05 Dec 2020, 18:02

Luigi RPG mappack demo

Hi everyone!

It's a demo of a single-level mappack which uses the Mari0 CE Edition.
Its name is Luigi's quest : Traveler around the Ruthless Planet Godcliff, Luigi is stuck in space and explore a level which mixes platformer and RPG style.
You can download the mappack and the character sprites of Luigi below.

Blue Television Games made a video of this mappack, I didn't expect that actually! Here is the video :

Here are some screenshots :

Download Link for the mappack:
custom_mappack_luigi_rpg.zip
(10.27 MiB) Downloaded 251 times

Download Link for the Luigi character:
luigi.zip
(23.86 KiB) Downloaded 188 times

And just in case, here is the link to download the Mari0 CE (Community Edition):
https://github.com/Mari0-CE/Mari0-Commu ... es/tag/1.4

Enjoy! And please give feedback!
Last edited by TipouStar on 27 Dec 2020, 14:36, edited 3 times in total.

Britdan

Post » 05 Dec 2020, 18:49

God this is an amazing mappack, i love the graphics and the battle mechanic. Really well made. would love to see more of this!

Qwerbey

Post » 05 Dec 2020, 19:27

I already said this on the Discord server, but this is legitimately the most creative Mari0 mappack I've played in a long time. I loved the foreboding atmosphere; this mappack has a cinematic quality that's really refreshing. The gameplay is no slouch either. The battle system is really unique and cool, and the puzzles are clever. It really seems like you're pushing CE's features to the max here with how you used animations, enemies, and variables. This is simply put, a great mappack, and I'd love to see more in the future.

TipouStar

Post » 05 Dec 2020, 20:55

Thanks both of you for your feedback! I'll keep you updated if I make any progress on this mappack!

WaluigiDaGreat

Post » 09 Nov 2023, 04:40

TipouStar wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 20:55
Thanks both of you for your feedback! I'll keep you updated if I make any progress on this mappack!
Where da mappack go =( no more update. im tryna get godcliff but cant cuz 2 planets not ready =(

TipouStar

Post » 10 Nov 2023, 00:27

WaluigiDaGreat wrote:
09 Nov 2023, 04:40
Where da mappack go =( no more update. im tryna get godcliff but cant cuz 2 planets not ready =(
I'm glad to see you're interested in this mappack! This is the wrong forum post though, the one you're probably thinking of is for the AE version, link here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5485

But to answer your question, there won't be another demo, I'm waiting for the mappack to be completed to release it. As for progress, the 5 planets are done and Godcliff is about halfway done. There's still a lot left before an actual release though.

I'll probably update the new forum post with GIF of the new stuffs to keep you waiting. And please reply on the new forum, and if you have any feedback to give me, to make this mappack better, I'll be happy to hear it!!

I'll probably try locking this thread if too many people get confused...