Super Mario bros. W0rped!

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
LeEpicPasta

Post » 14 Sep 2020, 00:07

warped.png
warped.png (13.14 KiB) Viewed 17763 times
Mario worped is a map pack originally made as a concept. It would feature 1-1 with sonic cd like mechanics. Through developing i made blue coins act as an important item in game. you would need to collect the coin in order to get the good future. i later changed it to be the flowers like in sonic cd. as the the reason is they weren't supposed to be collected anyways. scattered in each past is a flower capsule you have to hit in order to get the good future. in the good futures there would be time clocks you have to collect all 7 of them to get the good ending.
Somewhere around in July i released more the underground which shows more about how it became underground by an earthquake. for many newer levels i had to start fresh with new levels. 1-3 would be a mashup of both 2-3 and 2-4, and 1-4 would be 4-3 with smm2 sky objects. 1-5 isn't planned yet but it shows all people who's music and sprites ended up in game

Progress
I have just released the demo yesterday and i finished a bug fixed version of the map pack.
There are a few bugs in the game so please report them to me!

Please don't remake this map pack or criticize it.
i have worked very hard on it so i beg you please don't go into the editor until you beaten the map pack. it will ruin the purpose of challenge and may spoil the game!.

with that out of the way enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y7l3In ... sp=sharing
a few bug fixes

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QoRWMT ... sp=sharing
one with a bit more bugs

Britdan

Post » 14 Sep 2020, 12:14

Epic mappack, such an epic concept that was executed pretty well. can't wait for more

LeEpicPasta

Post » 14 Sep 2020, 15:40

Aidan wrote:
14 Sep 2020, 12:14
Epic mappack, such an epic concept that was executed pretty well. can't wait for more
Thank you very much! i am going to release a new update soon!

SanamShams83

Post » 09 May 2021, 11:47

AntonioIsAGod wrote:
14 Sep 2020, 00:07
warped.pngMario worped is a map pack originally made as a concept. It would feature 1-1 with sonic cd like mechanics. Through developing i made blue coins act as an important item in game. you would need to collect the coin in order to get the good future. i later changed it to be the flowers like in sonic cd. as the the reason is they weren't supposed to be collected anyways. scattered in each past is a flower capsule you have to hit in order to get the good future. in the good futures there would be time clocks you have to collect all 7 of them to get the good ending.
Somewhere around in July i released more the underground which shows more about how it became underground by an earthquake. for many newer levels i had to start fresh with new levels. 1-3 would be a mashup of both 2-3 and 2-4, and 1-4 would be 4-3 with smm2 sky objects. 1-5 isn't planned yet but it shows all people who's music and sprites ended up in game

Progress
I have just released the demo yesterday and i finished a bug fixed version of the map pack.
There are a few bugs in the game so please report them to me!

Please don't remake this map pack or criticize it.
i have worked very hard on it so i beg you please don't go into the editor until you beaten the map pack. it will ruin the purpose of challenge and may spoil the game!.

with that out of the way enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y7l3In ... sp=sharing
a few bug fixes

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QoRWMT ... sp=sharing
one with a bit more bugs
Expected fix (loopable music)
Start: 24.867
End: 270.808 (4:30.808)
BGM
Start: 19.725
End: 216.592 (3:36.592)
BGM
You can use this anywhere! Use it preferably for bfstm in a Wii U or Switch modding app

Aquacode

Post » 24 Jul 2021, 02:42

Just played this last night, absolutely love the concept! I would love to see more.

One thing I noticed is that trying to open this mappack in the game menu causes the game to crash, unless I was playing the Alesan99's Entities mod. Hopefully this helps others who might be trying to play this sweet mappack.

Britdan

Post » 24 Jul 2021, 22:12

Aquacode wrote:
24 Jul 2021, 02:42
Just played this last night, absolutely love the concept! I would love to see more.

One thing I noticed is that trying to open this mappack in the game menu causes the game to crash, unless I was playing the Alesan99's Entities mod. Hopefully this helps others who might be trying to play this sweet mappack.
yes, it is made for only AE.

joelou1

Post » 12 Mar 2023, 19:37

I'm stumped. I've tried running the mappack but all I get is this error as soon as the pack is selected in the mappack menu.
Error
menu.lua:1199: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Traceback

menu.lua:1199: in function 'loadbackground'
menu.lua:1639: in function 'menu_keypressed'
main.lua:1244: in function 'keypressed'
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
Sounds like it doesn't recognise the background or something. Perhaps could you check it out?

EDIT: It turns out that this message only appear on the 1.6 version of Mari0. I found out that there was a community fix called Mari0:AE and it works like a charm overthere.

BlooKidandPoppy

Post » 12 Mar 2023, 21:51

joelou1 wrote:
12 Mar 2023, 19:37
I'm stumped. I've tried running the mappack but all I get is this error as soon as the pack is selected in the mappack menu.
Error
menu.lua:1199: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Traceback

menu.lua:1199: in function 'loadbackground'
menu.lua:1639: in function 'menu_keypressed'
main.lua:1244: in function 'keypressed'
[C]: in function 'xpcall'
Sounds like it doesn't recognise the background or something. Perhaps could you check it out?

EDIT: It turns out that this message only appear on the 1.6 version of Mari0. I found out that there was a community fix called Mari0:AE and it works like a charm overthere.
The mappack is only compatible for AE V13.1

Also don’t bump old threads.

Excitedastroid

Post » 04 Aug 2023, 21:26

holy fuck. this is sick, dude! nice job!