[AE] Mad Science 1.2 (AE port + balance tweaks)

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
HansAgain

Post » 09 Sep 2020, 20:38

After several years i went back to my old map so it could be played in AE.
Two previously impossible puzzles in AE have been fixed. Some puzzles have been made less harshly difficult.
The old custom sprites have been made compatible with this mod, also adding some other custom sprites since now more customs are possible.
This also means a new title logo. I have reworked some background tiles and the background so there's a higher contrast between solid and non-solid tiles. Also made some tweaks adding properties now possible with AE (like laser detectors now being grates, and the laser/lightbridge barrier now only taking one tile instead of several.
Some typos have been fixed, but most lines are the same.

Plot:
Mario wakes up in a strange place being told he offered himself to go throught some sciency test course, what are these tests for? and when will they be over?

Click on the icon to download the map:

EDIT: Updated the map with one more sprite (reset door) some map tweaks, more checkpoints and new music! Two songs from the OST of Lone Ranger for the NES, to replace the old song because it clashed with the mario music.
Last edited by HansAgain on 10 Sep 2020, 05:20, edited 3 times in total.

Bromaster
PERMABANNED

Post » 10 Sep 2020, 02:05

why is this actually good

HugoBDesigner

Post » 12 Sep 2020, 02:39

This was an impressive update, Hans, great work! I've played through the entire thing, if you're interested. There's a bit of feedback in the description as well: