Custom Boss Prototype

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
Cerulean AL

Post » 31 Aug 2018, 10:59

*This Mappack Works With Mari0 SE Beta 9*
Hello everyone! I have been working on a New Boss Battle for the Past Two Days, and have a Finished a Prototype Version of it. The Boss I created is Ballahard, the Negative Koopa. "With the Power of Negative Energy, Mario won't stand a chance!" (No, really, this guy puts the "hard" in "Ballahard") This is a Very Challenging Boss Battle and is recommended for very good Players. And in case you're wondering, yes, I beat this Boss, twice in Fact, before Uploading it, so it is indeed possible to beat. And before you ask, no, I did not put "hard" in his name because of this, since I thought of the Name beforehand (What a coincidence). Like I said before, this Boss is a Prototype, and WILL be Updated. If you find any Errors, please let me know so I can fix it. I made this Boss for an Upcoming Mappack, so the more bugs I know about, the better this Boss will get. He will probably be made a little easier in said Mappack. If you don't enjoy this Boss Battle, then I appreciate you telling me why, so that maybe I can fix it, depending on what it is to make it more enjoyable (That's basically the Goal here). Enjoy!
Note that the "Slight Graphical Mod of Mari0 SE is just Mario SE with only this Boss Battle as a Default Mappack, along with a change in the Intro, and Title Screen, which is nothing special. I made it because I was bored and felt like it. If you want to check it out, be my Guest, though I recommend getting just the Mappack instead. "What was the point in putting that Slight Mod in?" So it wouldn't go to waste (Sort of).
Just the Mappack (Recommended) http://www.mediafire.com/file/prfoas3bv ... Battle.zip

Mappack with Slight Graphical Mod of Mari0 SE (Because I was bored and felt like it.) http://www.mediafire.com/file/mgqcmlhs5 ... lahard.zip
Me (Obviously)
F-777- For making the one Track used in the Game, called "Hit'em Like This!".
Last edited by Cerulean AL on 31 Aug 2018, 20:58, edited 1 time in total.

Villager103

Post » 31 Aug 2018, 11:13

Screenshots, please.

Cerulean AL

Post » 31 Aug 2018, 20:38

Villager103 wrote:Screenshots, please.
No problem.
-----------
UPDATE
-----------
I just added Three Screenshots. I didn't add any at First due to it being just One Level with a Boss. Anything to improve the Boss and/or Forum for the Boss.

Qwerbey

Post » 31 Aug 2018, 22:19

I can tell you right now that difficulty does not necessarily correlate to engagement; in fact, excessive challenge can actually make a game less engaging.

Cerulean AL

Post » 31 Aug 2018, 22:44

QwertymanO07 wrote:I can tell you right now that difficulty does not necessarily correlate to engagement; in fact, excessive challenge can actually make a game less engaging.
True, but my intention was to make it difficult. Like I said before, I plan to put this Boss in a Future Mappack. But when I do, it'll be easier (But not too easy of course). But remember, this is only a Prototype, and I'm using it to get people's Opinions on it in order to make it better, rather than just putting it in a Mappack like this and having people not like it as much in the Mappack. I'd much rather have a great Boss Battle in the Mappack from the Start. If you don't mind me asking though, what is it, in particular, you didn't like? Or is it just the Difficulty? Also, is there anything that you liked about it?

Qwerbey

Post » 31 Aug 2018, 23:30

Mostly it just got tedious. Maybe reversing the stage order would help, but maybe not. I would advise against pre-making bosses, though, as the best bosses (outside of a boss rush game, anyway), build upon the concepts or mechanics of the previous stage(s).

Cerulean AL

Post » 31 Aug 2018, 23:44

QwertymanO07 wrote:the best bosses (outside of a boss rush game, anyway), build upon the concepts or mechanics of the previous stage(s).
Very true, but this is just a Test to see if people like the Basic Boss Concept and how I can make it better before the real thing, so that could be implemented later when I get to that point in the Mappack. I appreciate the help. I will try to fix as much as possible.