Unlucky Princess (Map Demo Downloadable)

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
VeeTHis

Post » 13 Mar 2016, 23:36

Image Hello! Welcome to my new Map that is coming soon! You can download the demo in this thread's "Download Center". Unlucky Princess is a somewhat hard map, with A LOT of jumps. The demo map is NOT compatible with SE. Some parts of this map require you to using the Portal Gun to pass. So, when it gets released, I hope you guys like it! Also, its only 6 worlds.

The full version of the map will be compatible with Mari0 1.6 AND Special Edition.
Please do not edit and re-upload this map without asking me for premission.

Another thread will be made when this map is FULLY done! This thread will have a redirect link to that thread.
World 1: Finished
World 2: Finished
World 3: Finished
World 4: Finished
World 5: Finished
World 6 | Final World: 20%
Demo with 5 finished worlds: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lbfitqljr413x ... O.zip?dl=0
Full Game: -no download link-
100% Virus Free. Scanned it with McAfee and no threats came up.
This map does not have a lot of secrets, and is not compatible with SE. You could convert it for it to be compatible with SE, though. I hope you enjoy this map. I will be posting another thread when the map is fully done.
Last edited by VeeTHis on 16 Mar 2016, 02:10, edited 1 time in total.

MF064DD

Post » 15 Mar 2016, 23:11

VeeTHis wrote: 100% VIRUS FREE.
It's this sentence that scares me a little. Nevertheless, I'll give it a download and tell you my thoughts when I'm done.

Edit: You were right, the is map pretty hard. I've just beaten World 1 and I've run across a few...uh...

For example in 1-1, some of the baddies are stuck in the falling platforms.
However, they don't really ruin much of the level design, rather it just looks kinda weird.

I do like the idea you used with the platform spawners here, so I'll give you that:
The map crashed when I reached a certain part of 1-2, but I just re-opened the game and it was fine after that. I don't know if anyone else had that happen to them though.

1-4 seemed very short, and didn't have much to offer. I was expecting a full blown hellish experience for castle levels, but they are surprisingly tame.

That's all I can really say so far.

VeeTHis

Post » 16 Mar 2016, 02:01

It's this sentence that scares me a little. Nevertheless, I'll give it a download and tell you my thoughts when I'm done.

Edit: You were right, the is map pretty hard. I've just beaten World 1 and I've run across a few...uh...

For example in 1-1, some of the baddies are stuck in the falling platforms.
However, they don't really ruin much of the level design, rather it just looks kinda weird.

I do like the idea you used with the platform spawners here, so I'll give you that:
The map crashed when I reached a certain part of 1-2, but I just re-opened the game and it was fine after that. I don't know if anyone else had that happen to them though.

1-4 seemed very short, and didn't have much to offer. I was expecting a full blown hellish experience for castle levels, but they are surprisingly tame.

That's all I can really say so far.
Thanks for the positive feedback, I'll make the last boss really hard. That level will for sure, will not be tame.

Maybe I should extend it to 7 worlds. I was thinking about that...

Oh yeah, I checked those "enemies stuck in blocks and platforms" glitch, and if you jump on the Koopas that are stuck, it can cause some sound glitches... Oh yeah, do you like that level where you had to jump across the Bullet Bills trying not to get hit, that level was the hardest one to test.

Don't you like the amount of lives I give players? The only reason is because the map is really hard. :P
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mariofan064 wrote:
Lemme change that real quick...

Qwerbey

Post » 16 Mar 2016, 02:59

VeeTHis wrote:Don't you like the amount of lives I give players? The only reason is because the map is really hard. :P
I didn't. If you're giving that many lives, you might as well just make them infinite.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 16 Mar 2016, 04:14

Just butting in out of nowhere the same way I'm leaving as soon as I drop my inevitable piece of controversy to the topic - you can thank me later.

To make something hard is not the same as to limit it. A hard game (say, Super Meat Boy) wouldn't be "harder" if you had limited lives, but rather it'd make it either more time-consuming (the required time to restart the world/game in order to reset the lives) or just more frustrating (as in your failure didn't come from lack of skill, but lack of luck or opportunities to practice that skill).

Seeya!

VeeTHis

Post » 17 Mar 2016, 23:39

QwertymanO07 wrote:
VeeTHis wrote:Don't you like the amount of lives I give players? The only reason is because the map is really hard. :P
I didn't. If you're giving that many lives, you might as well just make them infinite.
Ok, The final version will have infinite lives.