[Coming Soon...] THE DIMENSIONS [SE]

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
Xplodino

Post » 12 Dec 2015, 05:36

COMING SOON!
Hello fellow peeps! My name is Xplodino and I am a newcomer to these ever lovely forums.
I am here to tell you that upcoming soon is my first mappack, and I'm trying best to make it as good as possible for you guys!
It goes by the name of...

The Dimensions:
The thread of dimensional plains stretch as long as the beach goes...

Basic Story: Mario was just quietly wandering the Mushroom Kingdom, when suddenly he saw that E. Gadd was in town.
He asked E. Gadd why he was here. E. Gadd answered he need someone from this place to test out his new creation, "The Warp-0-Bender 1.0".
Mario said he would test it out for him, So E. Gadd tells him how it works.
Mario pressed the main button and with a violet coloured flash, he was gone. E. Gadd was happy to know his invention worked, but then came to a realisation.
Mario was stuck within a plethora of various dimensions.
Now he must work his way dimension by dimension to get home, but, he is not alone... in the dark...

Upcoming Worlds:
World 01: Neon Plains - Work-In-Progress
World 02: Wasteland Towers - Not Started Yet

And that's basically all I have.
That's why I want YOU GUYS to leave me some little suggestions for me!
It can involve anything from volcanos to candy, I will accept whatever seems nice and neat! (Or maybe, I'll just pick randomly.)

Oh by the way, here are some beatshots quickly to give you some insight:
WARNING: GAMEPLAY SHOWN IN CURRENT SCREENSHOTS MAY CHANGE LATER

Download Link:
Coming Soon!

Qwerbey

Post » 12 Dec 2015, 05:44

Do Dimension VVVVVV

Seriously though, it looks like you should darken the backgrounds a bit, and, when you take screenshots next, do it at scale 1. Everything else looks great, and it's always nice to see new people with fresh ideas.

Xplodino

Post » 12 Dec 2015, 05:48

QwertymanO07 wrote:Do Dimension VVVVVV

Seriously though, it looks like you should darken the backgrounds a bit, and, when you take screenshots next, do it at scale 1. Everything else looks great, and it's always nice to see new people with fresh ideas.
Aww, thanks man!
The reason the background isn't as dark is because, well, it's NEON lights, bra!

Dimension VVVVVV sounds nice, but maybe for another time :)
(Oh by the way, this is beta, things may change.)

EDIT: Oh and by the way, as a treat you earn the the current soundtrack for this mappack!
CONGRATULATIONS!

World 1 Music and Fast Var.: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3vorvoym7xa4m ... 1.ogg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fmwp5ovs0twjf ... t.ogg?dl=0
Loops nicely.

World 2 Music and Fast Var.: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ztvc8pmpihswc ... 2.ogg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4oadkg1v9phx ... t.ogg?dl=0
Also loops nicely.
Last edited by Xplodino on 12 Dec 2015, 06:01, edited 1 time in total.

Qwerbey

Post » 12 Dec 2015, 05:51

I understand that, but it's just to better differentiate between the foreground and the background. Looking at it further, it may not be that big of a problem for this background, but if you ever have any flat surfaces, darken it.

Xplodino

Post » 12 Dec 2015, 06:03

QwertymanO07 wrote:I understand that, but it's just to better differentiate between the foreground and the background. Looking at it further, it may not be that big of a problem for this background, but if you ever have any flat surfaces, darken it.
Hey, no problems anymore. ;)
I followed just what you said because I think it looks more NOICE like that.

Villager103

Post » 12 Dec 2015, 19:03

Try a time twister world(tons of time periods mashed together)

Xplodino

Post » 12 Dec 2015, 23:21

Villager103 wrote:Try a time twister world(tons of time periods mashed together)
Yeah, well, the problem is this world isn't about TIME or PERIODS at all.
But still, cool idea for later!

HugoBDesigner

Post » 12 Dec 2015, 23:47

(posted in wrong thread, sorry)
Last edited by HugoBDesigner on 14 Dec 2015, 23:20, edited 1 time in total.

MF064DD

Post » 14 Dec 2015, 06:16

HugoBDesigner wrote:I played for up to 2-2 now, and this is really cool so far! I love the environments, but I'm not a big fan of the reskinned enemies. Still, so far it's great, I especially love the new features and puzzles!
I think it is a good idea. I hate mappacks that have really nice tile sets, but the enemies clash with it. But eh, haven't really played it yet. What do I know.

I will admit though, the Goombas are really camouflaged in the photos posted.

Meh, I'll download it tomorrow.