Qwertylevels (Cancelled) [SE Beta 9]

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
Qwerbey

Post » 02 Nov 2015, 12:39

ImageIntroduction:
This is a two-world demo of Qwertylevels. I plan to have at least ten worlds, so it should be in development for a very, very long time. I'd say about a year and a half if I work only on Qwertylevels and nothing tragic happens, so definitely much longer. It has custom textures for everything that shows up, aside from beams—and even a few things that don't show up.

The gameplay is mostly platforming broken up by some puzzles.

Screenshots:

• When you complete World 1, the game will crash. You still unlock the next world.
  • If you leave a body of water before the low time warning is up, the music will quit. Trigger the low time warning again to fix this.
  • Sometimes, you can drown in air. Just go back to the water's surface to fix this.
  • If you quit the credits level early, the scroll animation doesn't stop until you exit the game.
  • Why not just bump the old thread?
    Because it's hardly the same mappack anymore, so I figured it warranted a new thread.
  • Why the need to remake it?
    If I remade it, I could include SE features from the beginning and rectify the mistakes I made in the 1.6 version, which were very plentiful.
  • Why does the mappack folder begin with "qwerty-"?
    It's a system to keep my mappacks together, regardless of name; all of my future mappacks will start with "qwerty-".

Code: Select all

Q-------------------Q
|        1.7        |
|  SE Demo Release  |
Q-------------------Q

- Removed /everything/
+ Added World 1 and corresponding resources
+ Added World 2 and corresponding resources
+ Added World 3-1 and corresponding resources
+ Added World 12345-6789 (credits) and corresponding resources
+ Added enemies:
	+ Black Goomba
	+ Red Goomba
	+ Winged Goomba
	+ Red Spiny
	+ Red Beetle
	+ Flying Red Beetle
	+ Snowboss
	+ Bird
	+ Goomba Lakito
	+ Blueberry
	+ Starfruit
	+ Minor clones and whatnot I don't feel like mentioning
* Changed graphics for all entities and enemies that actually show up, aside from those exempted
* Fixed spinies not getting killed by fireballs
* Various enemy changes:
	* Squids (now jellyfish) can be stomped
	* Lakitos try to throw enemies in front of you
	* Enemies thrown by lakitos bounce off walls before landing
	* Flying red koopas die instantly
	* Probably other minor things I don't remember
This thing, right here. It's a pack of some useful enemies from this mappack reskinned to fit the SMB aesthetic.

Download
Last edited by Qwerbey on 26 Mar 2017, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.

Superjustinbros

Post » 03 Nov 2015, 06:21

Nice tileset.

Qwerbey

Post » 12 Dec 2015, 06:48

I'd really appreciate more feedback; I need to know what's good and what's bad.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 14 Dec 2015, 23:19

I played for up to 2-2 now, and this is really cool so far! I love the environments, but I'm not a big fan of the reskinned enemies. Still, so far it's great, I especially love the new features and puzzles!

Qwerbey

Post » 15 Dec 2015, 18:54

Can you tell me what you don't like about the enemies? Is there any way I can improve them?

Qwerbey

Post » 26 Mar 2017, 20:25

So basically, this is cancelled. In part from the hackneyed plot about edgy turtle-men, but mostly because making it great would take far more effort than just starting over again; and I really don't want to do that. There simply isn't enough substance to make a good mappack, I basically substituted that for variety and spectacle, which doesn't really hold up to scrutiny. Essentially, it's a polished mappack, but not a good one.

I did have a bit of World 3 made, and really, there's no reason to keep that from you, just keep in mind that it's unfinished.
Download