1st mapack i like the sax man

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
thevilaidan1888967

Post » 28 Jun 2015, 23:45

supcoolmapacksup

hi this is my 1st mapack hope you like it its minecraft

http://www.mediafire.com/download/g7gos ... +mari0.zip

ilovethesaxman

Qwerbey

Post » 29 Jun 2015, 05:05

Your Post:
Not only do you have an irrelevant thread title, but you also have neither the Mari0 version (1.6) nor any screenshots. Seriously, read this.

The Actual Mappack:
I think calling it a mappack gives it a little too much credit: it's less than just one map, it's one screen. Not only that, but there's no enemies, no jumps, and no goals; there's nothing to do. Not to mention people here just don't like Minecraft mappacks. Also, the ground is the Super Mario Bros. ground, not Minecraft ground, what's up with that? It's in the tileset.

If you decide to post something along the lines of "You can't criticize me, it's my first mappack!", there are some much better first mappacks out there.

Worth Downloading:
No, not at all.

Superjustinbros

Post » 29 Jun 2015, 09:00

QwertymanO07 wrote:Not to mention people here just don't like Minecraft mappacks.
In my case, it's not that we don't like them at all, it's mostly since there's a lot of mappacks that use Minecraft tiles since they're so readily accessible, combined with the massive popularity of the game itself.

Vilaidan, I'm going to give you some protips to mapmaking. Never post your first map/mappack ever if you're just starting with using the editor itself. Toy around with the tiles, enemies, and objects, and see what best suits your idea, then use it for your first real mappack. Don't rush, remember to play test your mappack, and try other's maps if you want to get an idea of how level designing works.

HowToEatGirafes

Post » 04 Jul 2015, 15:00

QwertymanO07 wrote: Seriously, read this.
This had like 300 % chances to be posted
QwertymanO07 wrote:Not to mention people here just don't like Minecraft mappacks.
1 doesn't mean 1 forum , apparently
QwertymanO07 wrote:If you decide to post something along the lines of "You can't criticize me, it's my first mappack!", there are some much better first mappacks out there.
He didn't said anything ! Shit !

TL;DR : Worth reading : No , of course not