MY first map

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
happysaiyan23

Post » 24 Jun 2015, 07:23

Technochips

Post » 24 Jun 2015, 08:49

happysaiyan23 wrote:Only two levels.
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qa4147f6mtez ... -gUaa?dl=0
The rules said that maps or mods named "My map", or something like that are prohibited. (If its sound weird, its because i'm from france)
Custom maps must have edited folder name, not "custom_mappack_1", and for no confusing, and the thread must have the Mari0 Version its was made.
Its must have screenshots.
And its better to have a custom mappack icon.

I tested on 1.6, and i think its better to make it on Mari0 SE.

You can't finish the mappack, you take the wrong elevator tileset. I think its should have custom tileset, and you can make custom background.

faves3000

Post » 24 Jun 2015, 17:11

and even so, pictures of your levels are needed so people know what they're getting into

Rikifive

Post » 24 Jun 2015, 18:36

No description, no screenshots... please provide more information.
Last edited by Rikifive on 09 Jan 2022, 04:05, edited 1 time in total.

Squidish

Post » 24 Jun 2015, 23:27

Julien12150 wrote: Custom maps must have edited folder name, not "custom_mappack_1",
You can't finish the mappack, you take the wrong elevator tileset. I think its should have custom tileset, and you can make custom background.
1. A mappack folder can have have any name you want and there's no rules against it.
2. It's your problem if you can't play the mappack because it's up to you to download it
3. Plenty of maps have been made without a custom tileset. You don't always need a custom tileset for a good map

Now happysaiyan23, reveiw on your map:

Your thread is in poor condition. Provide some screenshots and a description so that people can see what they're getting. As for the download, put your map in a .zip before you upload it to dropbox. It's a pain to download each file individually and put it in a folder. The map itself? I loved it. It was fun to play and a huge surprise. I'd like to see more of your maps, just put your threads in better condition and people will be more willing to play it.

Overall Score: 7.4/10

HansAgain

Post » 24 Jun 2015, 23:56

Squidish wrote:
Julien12150 wrote: Custom maps must have edited folder name, not "custom_mappack_1",
1. A mappack folder can have have any name you want and there's no rules against it.
2. It's your problem if you can't play the mappack because it's up to you to download it
3. Plenty of maps have been made without a custom tileset. You don't always need a custom tileset for a good map
1. Except that "custom_mappack_[n]" is an folder name that other people could have since people could still be making mappacks you know (i.e. me)
2. happysaiyan23 didn't even said the version people should use to play this mappack so you should not blame julien.
3. This one is alright, i like this one.

Well, the map wasn't bad, i don't know much about reviewing maps so i'll say it kept me entertained, nice job.
Last edited by HansAgain on 25 Jun 2015, 18:49, edited 1 time in total.

Technochips

Post » 25 Jun 2015, 09:18

Squidish wrote: As for the download, put your map in a .zip before you upload it to dropbox. It's a pain to download each file individually and put it in a folder.
You can download it in a .zip, click on the "Download" button on the upper right corner.