GLaDOS KINGDOM v1.1.2 UPDATE!

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
BlackJack

Post » 05 Mar 2012, 01:15

Glados Kingdom V.1.1.2

My first map pack.

CHANGELOGS:
-----------
March 6th
UPDATE: There was a bug in 1.1 where a ladder warp was taking you back to the beginning of a level, should be fixed now.

CHANGELOG (March 5th):

NEW:
Using Minecraft texture tiles uploaded by rinerdar (thanks :D) (update: just updated the textures to the latest tiles and did a test run, had to redo some treasure boxes, the new one changed the tiles, I fixed what I found, if anyone comes across any let me know an I'll fix em)
redone the first level, gave mario/luigi a house, the 1-ups are the roof tiles.
added a couple elements to the first level to ease the players into using the portal gun
added pirate ships and a couple more optional bosses ^_^
integrated multiple/optional paths in a few levels
some pirateships and ladders actually take you places (warp pip effect) try pressing down in front of some doors or ladders ^_^

UPDATES:
fixed koopa bug in level 1-1 (stage 0)
made stage level signs bigger
made the volcano in stage 0 (1-1) bigger
made a couple of level designs easier to get around and removed some amounts of fish throughout the game
--------------

This is based off the core SMB level, but almost everything is redone, new enemies, none of the underground pipes are the same and almost all different textures… oh and it's all underwater now (except the first level and final boss)

Story: Peach has been kidnapped again and Mario must go down Mushroom Kingdom 1-1 to stop Bowser. Mario defeats 'Bowser' only to find himself at the hands of GLaDOS. GLaDOS has kidnapped the princess and is making Bowser do her bidding. She has also reconstructed Mushroom Kingdom into a flooded oasis. It is up to Mario and Luigi to stop GLaDOS and Bowser and rescue the princess!

Includes 8 total stages. First one being the 1-1 level and then 7 flooded "test chambers". Included 2 boss fights and 2 optional sub boss' (there is a fork in the road, you choose which path you want to face) There are MANY 1-ups in the first couple levels because honestly you will need them if you don't want to get game over. You can skip these if you want to add challenge. There are also a good scatter of mushrooms mainly to force you to be big mario, to navigate tight situations requiring the portal gun.

I have tested this along with my bf, it IS beatable, though hard. It is only a few levels but it should have you going for a good 45 minutes at least.

Hint: THINK WITH PORTALS! This is Mario WITH Portals, during my BF's test run, he kept forgetting he had the gun and would die at the hands of many fish ;D so remember to use the gun. Everything is passable with the gun and/or fireballs.

DOWNLOAD:

latest http://www.mediafire.com/?3dlwqhl8tw0s6f0

1.1 http://www.mediafire.com/?804hpvnmxsu0ikl

1.0 http://www.mediafire.com/?fgwf8b9xbg7dfnk

Screenshots!!! :)
Last edited by BlackJack on 06 Mar 2012, 10:33, edited 4 times in total.

trosh

Post » 05 Mar 2012, 01:43

cool :) the 1ups at the beginning are just stupid, but it's completely addictive to get dozens of 1-ups at a time ;)
Please rename the levels so that they're continuous.
Otherwise level design makes it a little hard but that's good. keep it up :D

BlackJack

Post » 05 Mar 2012, 02:30

thanks :) yea it is, ;D thats why I hid them in a way people would find em, but if they didn't want them they could just move on lol.

I would rename the levels but wouldn't that mess up the water ruined warp pipes? My idea was to have it somewhat like the originals just flooded and only warp pipes accessible. Plus I'll use those if I plan to expand the levels. I hadn't thought of that though, thanks for the suggestion :) Now after playing it for the 3rd time in a row the 1-ups do feel redundant, I'll probably leave only 1 row in the next update.

Thanks for the feedback! :)
Last edited by BlackJack on 06 Mar 2012, 10:32, edited 1 time in total.

BlackJack

Post » 06 Mar 2012, 10:09

Bump: Just updated :) check first post^^^

renhoek

Post » 06 Mar 2012, 11:35

BOYAH called it people are making minecraft maps...
well I guess it shouldnt count since it's just one right now.
LET'S KEEP IT THAT WAY!

Raicuparta

Post » 06 Mar 2012, 11:42

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:BOYAH called it people are making minecraft maps...
LET'S KEEP IT THAT WAY!
There's no problem with making many minecraft maps, there's just no point in making many texture packs since they will all be basically the same. Still, there can be innovations.

BlackJack

Post » 06 Mar 2012, 14:16

LET'S KEEP IT THAT WAY!
I don't see any problem with people using them to make maps, does that make it all minecraft, and minecraft themed? No... did you even play my map pack? It adds a lot of innovation to levels that the SMB tiles lack.

renhoek

Post » 07 Mar 2012, 14:19

BlackJack wrote:
LET'S KEEP IT THAT WAY!
I don't see any problem with people using them to make maps, does that make it all minecraft, and minecraft themed? No... did you even play my map pack? It adds a lot of innovation to levels that the SMB tiles lack.
yeah sorry I think I was being a bit of an asshole that day...

your map pack is great I haven't played it though sorry about that...

I'm just scared that we're going to get flooded with minecraft maps...
Gotta stop thinking that way.

VoodooPenguin

Post » 12 Mar 2012, 00:21

I really like the mappack so far. But there are a few things I don't like about it... Like in the last three screenshots there are hills and clouds underwater, pipes that look weird or are impossible to get too, but on a side note: I really like all the hidden 1-UPs andd power-ups!