[SE beta 9][Mappack] Testing+ v1.1

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
MM102

Post » 08 Dec 2014, 05:05

Image Testing plus.
Testing plus is a short 4 level portal mappack made for Mari0 se beta 9. I made this mappack to show off just how much more powerful and complex puzzles can be in the beta even in its current state (mostly because someone else hasn't yet).

Screenshots:
You may have seen these gifs in the beta screenshots thread but if not here they are again:
ImageImageImage
Change Log:

Code: Select all

v1.1
-updated second half of 1-4 because it was a bit plain
-fixed music playing during the ending

v1.0 initial release 
Tileset:
Feel free to use but be sure to give credit since most of this was done from scratch. It was also made to replace "portaltiles.png" in the graphics folder so the big blocks could be placed easily.

Music:
The music is the chiptune remix of Sweetie's big race
Credit to both SherclopPones and ZaPowa

This mappack is fully finished and features 4 levels each of which unique showing off new features right and left. No plot just game. Many hours were put into this project so feed back is greatly appreciated. And without further ado... Image Whats that? You need beta 9? Here you go. :) Have fun.

idiot9.0

Post » 08 Dec 2014, 06:38

This was absolutely amazing. The puzzles were all thought out nicely, the different entities were used great, animated blocks, everything. Just all great levels.
My only complaint was the jumping fish in 1-4 were a little too much but other than that it was very interesting.

I would love more levels but you said it's finished so I won't ask for more. But I do recommend anyone who hasn't to play it.

HowToEatGirafes

Post » 09 Dec 2014, 00:14

I love eyecandy tilesets

Qwerbey

Post » 09 Dec 2014, 04:30

Here's my review of this Testing+. I liked the tileset and the music, although it gets a little grating after a while. It has some more problems too:  Not all links are obvious enough, which could easily be rectified by some antlines. Another problem I had was that there simply weren't enough checkpoints; there's no challenge in replaying a puzzle. Also, the latter half of 1-2 (goomba factory) and 1-4 is much more difficult than the rest of the mappack, which is not helped by the aforementioned lack of checkpoints. The drains were excessive in the first part, and you should have used only fish xor squids in the next part. There's also a huge gameplay shift in 1-4. More positively; however, 1-3 was very fun, and perfect difficulty-wise, and I loved the puzzle pan in 1-2. Also, it was great that you added mushrooms in the harder parts to somewhat offset the difficulty. Overall, the good parts were very good, but the bad parts were pretty bad, which basically neutralized the score. It is; however, still prevailingly positive.

Worth Downloading:
Yes. It's a fun mappack, even if it's not the best in some places.