[1.1] Mari0 2: A New Adventure / GtsY - Alesan99's Entities

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
JohnHOne

Post » 18 Nov 2014, 02:11

Story:
After defeating bowser,bowser returned and want to kidnap princess peach again,and mario must fight against bowser,but glados kidnapped mario!
Can mario defeat GLaDOS and Bowser?

Download: Mari0 2 1.1

Screenshots:
Changelog:
1.0: Released
1.1: Made more better than before,including a awesome title
Coming Soon:
1.2: More Improvements for Mari0 2
1.?: Include GLaD to see Y0u password-protected mappack

Credits:
Turtle95: For Cave Story+ Final Boss Music(used in Glados Battle and The Escape) and Testing Chamber Song
Alesan99: For airship music and the mod

DLC:
GLaD to see Y0u
Story:
After defeating bowser again,mario accept into go at glados' new testing chambers

Download:
Included after its finished
its included at mari0 2 download,just finish mari0 2 and you got a password to gain access to the DLC
you can test for free the first 3 worlds for limited time
GLaD to see y0u Limited Time Demo 1.0

Progress:
World 1(New Test Chamber): Complete
World 2(The Escape of Test Subjects): Complete
World 3(King Bill's Chase): Complete
World 4(The Science is not destroyed): 0%
Credits:
Turtle95: for Testing Chamber Music,the escape music and Cave Story+ Final Boss Fight music
Alesan99:for his mod
Last edited by JohnHOne on 20 Nov 2014, 18:17, edited 22 times in total.

Squidish

Post » 18 Nov 2014, 02:48

Last edited by Squidish on 19 Feb 2015, 20:21, edited 1 time in total.

JohnHOne

Post » 19 Nov 2014, 02:54

i just finished mari0 2 - a new adventure
Remember to use Alesan99's Entities mod

HowToEatGirafes

Post » 19 Nov 2014, 14:03

JohnHOne wrote:i just finished mari0 2 - a new adventure
You said that in your main post , also you may wanna add some screens , because we can't really see what we're downloading and getting into .

JohnHOne

Post » 19 Nov 2014, 16:26

HowToEatGirafes wrote:
JohnHOne wrote:i just finished mari0 2 - a new adventure
You said that in your main post , also you may wanna add some screens , because we can't really see what we're downloading and getting into .
I will add some screenshot soon as possible

JohnHOne

Post » 19 Nov 2014, 20:48

finished the world 2
here a beta screenshot,
Yes,you need to save the bowser as glados kidnapped him to takeover the world using his crown

Squidish

Post » 19 Nov 2014, 21:13

Looks Okay. :/ But the graphics could use some work.

JohnHOne

Post » 19 Nov 2014, 21:38

PrincessKiller wrote:Looks Okay. :/ But the graphics could use some work.
the cake and the koopa?
i will try to make it better
at moment i have no time to make the graphics
the koopa's shell is orange because he's a kidnapped test subject,i will try to use more natural colors
i noticied that the cake is square,i will make it better too

Mari0_Player

Post » 19 Nov 2014, 22:36

Review:
1-1: Weird structure with a broken flagpole and a midair flip block for no reason and boom-boom.
1-2: 1-1 but flatter and actually kinda makes sense. Don't know why we'd have to fight him 2 times in a row though.
1-3: Out of nowhere, Bowser! He can't shoot fire though because you forgot to place the fire start. Also, spooky invisible flagpole.
1-4: Yay I win and disappear into nowhere? Again, invisisble flagpole.
2-1: You do know that lasers can't harm Boom-boom right?
2-2: Random red sky, and a pipe that leads to an instant win sublevel (not unlike 1-4, with invisible flagpole and disappearing into nowhere)
2-3: Unpredictable superfast annoying meteors rain from the sky! Also the level is super tall, and you spawn Boom-boom by pressing a button (???).
2-4: Incredibly barren Bowser fight with a free powerup, too.
3-1: ONEHITKILLTURRETSOUTOFNOWHERE! It's like the Portal 2 workshop all over again! The structures to the right also look really weird, but at least in the ending sublevel you managed to make the flagpole visible.
3-2: Incredibly tall level for no reason. Ends very abruptly.
3-2_1: Also incredibly tall for no reason. But hey, at least there are incredibly-hard-to-kill-and-kill-you-in-one-hit turrets.
3-2_2: BOOM-BOOM AGAIN! OF COURSE!
3-3: World 8? More like World 4.
4-1: You appear out of nowhere/too much white ;_; and you're not even using the only block in this stage (aside from the 4 pipe blocks) correctly. It's supposed to be paired with another block.
4-1_1: Portal gun out of nowhere :o and surprisingly not invisible, just hard to see flagpole/invisible exit.
4-2: You appear out of nowhere again/problem is, the gelcannon doesn't have much purpose: you don't even need to use it at all in the whole level since you can simply jump out of the entrance pit, and avoid the laser/avoid falling in the one-block pits if you're fast/cautious enough. Also the pipe doesn't have a proper "hitbox" to enter.
4-2_1: Same as 4-1_1 but the flagpole is easier to see.
4-3: Cubes can't be covered in gel. Use Mari0+Portal for that.
4-3_1: What the heck? Overground Torpedo Teds and Bloopers? AND sudden water area? AND sudden nightmare-fuel inducing King Bill out of nowhere? Also suffers from the turret issue.
4-4: Kinda stupid to introduce a new element right before the testing ends.
5-1: Why are there Goombrats if there are no edges to fall off of? Also, glitchy angry sun (probably because you felt the need to make the pit below the level a mile tall [which is impossible to fall into since there are no pits])
5-1_1: Hey, it's better than Boom-boom.
5-2: Another abrupt end, but this time without any powerups which actually makes it kinda worse.
5-2_1: Underwater thwomps and koopas (and that one goombrat)? Also the concept of an underwater level in an airship at all is kinda silly.
5-2_2: Incredibly barren Bowser battle again. Yay. Doesn't even match the airship theme.
5-3: I bet you thought the airship levels were over since you already killed Bowser. Well, NOPE! At least it's actually kinda good (except the silly thwomp which defies all logic ever by being in midair without a ceiling, and the incredibly-hard-to-get-hit-by Torpedo Ted). I like the armored koopas.
5-3_1: I THOUGHT YOU WERE OVER WITH YOUR WHOLE BOOM-BOOM ADDICTION!
5-4: Incredibly barren Bowser battle once more, even though we just fought him two levels ago. Horray. At least there's actually a pit for Bowser to fall into.
6-1: Suddenly fades into black with no explanation. Also the bomb cannon is broken: It faces left and shoots to the right?
6-1_1: It's two words, both starting with a B, two Os in the middle and ending with an M.
6-2: How can Bowser be "back" if he never left in the first place? Also nightmare-fuel inducing King Bill again, glitchy Angry Sun again (turns out it's not the height at all), and fading-to-cyan-and-back background.
6-2_1: Thankfully visible flagpole with sadly invisible exit.
6-3: Turrets again, nightmare-inducing King Bill again, and a new issue: Out of nowhere hoppy fireballs. Still uses the white portalable block wrong again, and how did we get here in the first place?
6-4: Oh boy, rocket turrets. This can't be good, considering how you're already so poor with regular turrets. Invisible exit again.
7-1: It's literally just 1-1 of regular SMB with some goombrats in place of goombas, some buzzy beetles, a blue faster koopa in place of the one green koopa, and all plants removed. I must say though, good job with the visible flagpole and exit for once!
7-2: 1-2 of regular SMB with the same replacements as 7-1, except the first two plants are replaced by fire-shooting plants and red plants respectively, all but one blue koopas have been replaced by green koopas, and there's a red instead of blue koopa at the end. Also forgot to change the warpzone destinations, making all warp-zones lead backwards.
7-3: 1-3 of regular SMB, completely intact.
7-4: 1-4 of regular SMB, completely intact except for the fact that Bowser shoots hammers now.
8-1: You walk into the castle a second time...?
8-1_1: Just an infinite loop with thwomps at the unreachable (as far as I can tell) "end".
8-2: Think 8-1_1 with Torpedo Teds and a Starman.
8-3: This is the ninth and thankfully last time Boom-boom has appeared in this map.
8-4: Incredibly bland ending with nothing to it whatsoever (simply another flat bowser battle with credits at the start) showing the people who made the mods you used.
Overall rating: 1/10 it's like mari0: Random Edition but with a plot. If you ever want to be able to renew this, the DLC has to be better than 0'brothers.

EDIT: Just noticed that rocket turrets have never actually appeared once in the whole mappack.

Squidish

Post » 19 Nov 2014, 22:54

No offense to you or anything, but this is the blandest and lamest mappack I've ever played. I mean, World 4 is okay, but the rest are just dumb, either a boom boom fight or bowser fight. so I guess... 2/10

MagicPillow

Post » 19 Nov 2014, 23:51

JohnHOne wrote:
PrincessKiller wrote:Looks Okay. :/ But the graphics could use some work.
the cake and the koopa?
i will try to make it better
I think they mean the tiles.

HansAgain

Post » 20 Nov 2014, 00:25

So, i tried this map, and can't say i enjoyed it, but i don't want you to give up now, so i'll give you some suggestions so you get better with doing mappacks (because it's not easy):
-First, NEVER just copy levels from another mappacks, i know this isn't your first mistake, but it's the most important.
-Don't just put empty levels that only have the flag and yourself (Mario/player), you can use warpipes if you don't want' to use X-4.
-Don't just put short levels with random enemies, it looks cheap, try to give more feel to your levels.
-Also, no enemy spam.
-Don't just use a bit of tiles, if you want more tiles you can get them from a lot of sites like Spriters Resource, Mario Fan Games Galaxy, etcetera.
-Try to find some tiles that fit with the style of the mappack.
-Give to the player a bit of time to react, don't do like in 5-1, where you have like 1.5 seconds to jump the koopa, most of the people will lose a live there.
-Don't just repeat the same boss if it's not necessary, just count how many Boom Booms have you put there.
*I suggest you to not use the meteor rain when there is a lot of height, they fall really fast, it doesn't give time to react.
-Learn how to use the mazes, you made your own mappack unfinishable.
-I'd suggest you to put credits AFTER the last boss.
-Have you heard of the difficulty arc? it's important you make your mappack easy (ignore if you want to make a hardcore or a kaizo mappack) and progresively make them more challenging.

That's all i can say, tell me if i forgot something.

Squidish

Post » 20 Nov 2014, 00:38

What Hans said. And also, not EVERY level has to be a fight with Boom Boom.

JohnHOne

Post » 20 Nov 2014, 00:41

PrincessKiller wrote:And also, not EVERY level has to be a fight with Boom Boom.
At next update,i will change the high use of boom boom into less use of boomboom,and a bit of more use of fire bro. and boomerang bro.

Edit:
Hans1998 wrote:So, i tried this map, and can't say i enjoyed it, but i don't want you to give up now, so i'll give you some suggestions so you get better with doing mappacks (because it's not easy):
-First, NEVER just copy levels from another mappacks, i know this isn't your first mistake, but it's the most important.
i wanted to World 7 to use super mario bros. mappack,also,i changed few things into the levels(to use more enemies)
-Don't just put empty levels that only have the flag and yourself (Mario/player), you can use warpipes if you don't want' to use X-4.
Working at that
-Don't just put short levels with random enemies, it looks cheap, try to give more feel to your levels.
I Will try,but one of airship levels is impossible to make more longer(crashing the game),then,i needed to use a pipe to make more longer
-Also, no enemy spam.
I Will try to use less enemies
-Don't just use a bit of tiles, if you want more tiles you can get them from a lot of sites like Spriters Resource, Mario Fan Games Galaxy, etcetera.
Actually,at World 6,you may notice that i made a tiny airship
-Try to find some tiles that fit with the style of the mappack.
Every World is a type of a category(tank tiles to use with World 6,Portal tiles at World 4)
-Give to the player a bit of time to react, don't do like in 5-1, where you have like 1.5 seconds to jump the koopa, most of the people will lose a live there.
at next update i will make the time at least 550 time
-Don't just repeat the same boss if it's not necessary, just count how many Boom Booms have you put there.
Like i said with PrincessKiller,i will use a bit of more fire bro. and boomerang bro. than a lot of boomboom
*I suggest you to not use the meteor rain when there is a lot of height, they fall really fast, it doesn't give time to react.
ok,i will remove the meteor rain or i will make more shorty the height
-Learn how to use the mazes, you made your own mappack unfinishable.
-I'd suggest you to put credits AFTER the last boss.
Impossible at this moment,why?,because after you beat bowser,then you go at peach then the game end
-Have you heard of the difficulty arc? it's important you make your mappack easy (ignore if you want to make a hardcore or a kaizo mappack) and progresively make them more challenging.
i will make the start more easy,then,after its more hard

That's all i can say, tell me if i forgot something.

JohnHOne

Post » 20 Nov 2014, 01:00

Mari0_Player wrote:
4-3: Cubes can't be covered in gel. Use Mari0+Portal for that.

I Know,just a distraction to try to catch the cube by using portals,but,you are throwed at a laser

8-4: Incredibly bland ending with nothing to it whatsoever (simply another flat bowser battle with credits at the start) showing the people who made the mods you used

Actually,the bowser fight take at credit hall

EDIT: Just noticed that rocket turrets have never actually appeared once in the whole mappack.

one Rocket Turret can crash everything after it shoot at glados

EDIT: GUYS
i'm using your suggestions to make more better,Everything Planned,

Less Use of enemies
Bossy Blitz instead of just boomboom at 8-3
some boom boom fight replaced with the bros. fight
World 8 is Fixed!
A Awesome Title Screen that is at the beta screenshot and the topic
And a lot to do!

Mari0 2 1.1 will launch with GLaD to see y0u 1.0
Last edited by JohnHOne on 20 Nov 2014, 18:19, edited 3 times in total.

Mari0_Player

Post » 20 Nov 2014, 01:35

JohnHOne wrote:8-4: Incredibly bland ending with nothing to it whatsoever (simply another flat bowser battle with credits at the start) showing the people who made the mods you used

"Credit hall"? More like "credit broom closet". There are just two buttons that display text next to two mario sprites and that's it. You could just create a sublevel or something for the credit hall instead of awkwardly packing it in with the bowser fight.

JohnHOne

Post » 20 Nov 2014, 01:40

Mari0_Player wrote:
JohnHOne wrote:8-4: Incredibly bland ending with nothing to it whatsoever (simply another flat bowser battle with credits at the start) showing the people who made the mods you used

"Credit hall"? More like "credit broom closet". There are just two buttons that display text next to two mario sprites and that's it. You could just create a sublevel or something for the credit hall instead of awkwardly packing it in with the bowser fight.
I'm planning that at Mari0 2 1.1 too!
The Bowser Fight will be a sublevel of 8-4

Mari0_Player

Post » 20 Nov 2014, 01:53

JohnHOne wrote:
Mari0_Player wrote:

I'm planning that at Mari0 2 1.1 too!
The Bowser Fight will be a sublevel of 8-4
Then at least make it have SOME features and not just be an empty room with nothing but a bridge and Bowser.

JohnHOne

Post » 20 Nov 2014, 01:57

Mari0_Player wrote: Then at least make it have SOME features and not just be an empty room with nothing but a bridge and Bowser.
i'm planning that too
it start with fire,then,bowser is ready to crush you

EDIT: Also

6-2: How can Bowser be "back" if he never left in the first place?
Its Glados is back,not bowser

EDIT:
HEY GUYS
The Better Mari0 2 is released,yes,1.1 is released
but GLaD to see Y0u is delayed

EDIT2: I'm very dumb,i forgot the autoscrolling at 6-3
I Recommend to quicky active the autoscrolling box

JohnHOne

Post » 20 Nov 2014, 21:50

anyone can re-review the mappack?

Superjustinbros

Post » 20 Nov 2014, 23:07

PrincessKiller wrote:not EVERY level has to be a fight with Boom Boom.
This happened in the hack Mario Adventure, where every level ended with a battle against Boom Boom. I didn't like it there either.

I'm also not a fan with map packs calling themselves "Mari0 2" or any sort of numbered sequel. It feels like all those pirated Famicom games with ridiculous titles, especially all the Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat pirates.

Squidish

Post » 20 Nov 2014, 23:09

That would be annoying, but here almost every level is just a fight with boom boom.

Superjustinbros

Post » 20 Nov 2014, 23:14

PrincessKiller wrote:That would be annoying, but here almost every level is just a fight with boom boom.
True. At least the Mega Man games had a reason for every level ending in a boss battle, but the Mario games were never intended to have every level end in a boss. Mario Adventure mostly did it because they wanted the game to be stupid hard, as if having silent Bullet Bills in World 5 and Hammer Bros able to lob their hammers down extreme distances to suprise-attack you was ever a good idea.

Squidish

Post » 20 Nov 2014, 23:17

Off-topic question... do you watch SMG4's videos? because your avatar looks like it's a loop from his latest video where mario attacks freddy. (I know that makes me sound like a nerd...)

Superjustinbros

Post » 20 Nov 2014, 23:26

Yes, it is.
I pulled it to put into a post on the Cutstuff forums (since I was sharing demade NES-styled FNaF attack sprites/backgrounds incase anyone wanted to do something with them in MM8BDM), and the Mario one was more of a "special bonus" image I put there for the lulz.

Mari0_Player

Post » 21 Nov 2014, 20:46

Uh, "Mario vs. Boomboom" has a boomerang bro.
And no exit.

JohnHOne

Post » 21 Nov 2014, 20:51

Mari0_Player wrote:Uh, "Mario vs. Boomboom" has a boomerang bro.
And no exit.
Because of the renewed mappack
i need to fix a lot of things like:
your bug of the exit
and finally,put the autoscroll at 6-3(i think)
EDIT:Actually,just stomp boomboom 3 times,and the exit is here

JohnHOne

Post » 23 Nov 2014, 23:09

i will work at this mappack until i finish the speedrun
*have some cameo*

Mari0_Player

Post » 05 Dec 2014, 21:49

JohnHOne wrote:EDIT:Actually,just stomp boomboom 3 times,and the exit is here

JohnHOne

Post » 05 Dec 2014, 22:46

Mari0_Player wrote:
JohnHOne wrote:EDIT:Actually,just stomp boomboom 3 times,and the exit is here
And no exit.
I Know that boomboom is still here,but after some levels

Mari0_Player

Post » 05 Dec 2014, 23:32

JohnHOne wrote:I Know that boomboom is still here,
Well he's not.

JohnHOne

Post » 02 Jan 2015, 00:43

this mappack is not dead

1.2 will be released when i finish the "Master Clock" Mappack

The 1.2 include the GLaDOS battles(the "coming soon" thing is the glados battles,i do not added the glados battles because the rocket turret is glitched before)