Castle Land [First Work]

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
Jad

Post » 15 Jul 2014, 20:02

Post deleted
Last edited by Jad on 17 Jul 2014, 11:26, edited 1 time in total.

Firaga

Post » 15 Jul 2014, 21:24

Welcome to the patented Firaga Mappack Rating System.
Fasten your seatbelts, and keep all hands inside the vehicle as we delve into Castle Land.
1-1:
- Fix the castle edges. There's more castle tiles that will make it so there's a space instead of a brick in between them.

1-1_1:
- Why bother putting the button with the door here? It doesn't really make much sense.
- (nitpicking) Delete one space on the first row of bricks where the Hammer Bros. go. It still works, but it looks better if you fix it.
- Enemy spam (decrease the amount of launchers).
- And then, there's a bigass hallway full of NOTHING.
- Shortest. Level. Ever. I mean seriously, you put 610 seconds on the clock, it took me about 100 just to beat it. Add some fucking meat to your level.

1-2:
- Oh, your castles look like shit. They're all just random windows placed wherever. Castles are (usually) symmetrical.

1-2_1:
- Goomba spam.
- And then fish for no reason.
- Chain suspended mid-air. Play through your full game in one session before releasing, just to make sure next time.
- So. You give me infinite lives, just to give me a 1-UP mushroom? I don't get it.

1-3:
- Nothing wrong here, except an ugly castle.

1-3_1:
- Pointless firesticks that can't hit you.
- I mean for fuck sake, this isn't a fucking land, not even close. These are the shortest collection of levels I've rated so far.

1-4:
- Ugly castle.

1-4_1:
- Most boring level yet. Just gray, gray, gray, black. Castles have more than just bleak colors.

2-1:
- Ugly castle.
- Also, you added brighter color tiles to the sky, but the Water tiles show a different color sky. I'd fix this.

2-1_1:
- Cannon at start doesn't even operate.
- If you're going to do an underwater level, MAKE SURE THE ONLY ENEMIES ARE FISH. The Koopas and Goombas make no sense underwater.
- MORE 1-UP's. You do realize you gave us infinite lives, right?
- Alright, you can fuck right off now. NEVER. EVER. EVER. Give someone items just so they can't complete the level. This isn't IWBTG (because if it was, the previous levels would have been a hell of a lot harder)
- Useless fucking pipe.

2-2:
- Ugly castle. Also why is the pipe multicolored?

2-2_1:
- The simplest shit puzzles I've ever seen. Takes absolutely NO effort to beat them.

2-3:
- Ugly castle.

2-3_1:
- Go fuck yourself. Do not put items in boxes that people can't reach except with an item, ESPECIALLY if you put a checkpoint right in front of that so the koopa won't spawn again, AND you have a boss to beat that's constantly spitting fire.
- Also, a bit of enemy spam.
- Seriously, you give WAAAAAAAY too much time than what is really actually needed. Some of these can be beaten in less than 50 in-game seconds.

2-4:
- No problems here.

2-4_1:
- Ohh. I thought we were done with the ugly castles. No? Ok then.

2-4_2:
- You know, putting an enemy on every platform doesn't make it "hard", but it does make me "annoyed" that you'd think that.
- Fireball, Lakitu, and Bullet bill spam, oh my!

3-1:
- Credit the people that made the Tetris tiles. You took them, give credit.

3-1_1:
- This levels actually alright. Except one thing, tetris tetrominos only come in blocks of 4.
- The maze is shit though, and it isn't even a bloody maze.

3-2:
- Koopa that comes out of a block... wasn't tested.

3-2_1:
- Ugliest castle I've seen yet.

3-2_2:
- Alright, go to fucking hell. This is enemy spam up the ASS. I mean, take a look at SMB. They made the last levels challenging without adding 8 billion fucking enemies. They did it with progression guessing with pipes, making the ones you had to go through harder to get to, and with more challenging platforming. But this, this is just kaka-poopoo-peepee. Seriously though, tone it down on the fucking enemies. It's a real turn off for maps.
- Multicolored pipe again. Keep it consistant through a world. Gray in castles, and green outside. Know why? BECAUSE IT MATCHES THE SURROUNDINGS AND MAKES IT FIT IN.

3-2_3:
- More enemy spam, especially bullet bill spam. SERIOUSLY, TONE IT THE FUCK DOWN.
- Another great and useless pipe that doesn't match anything around it.

3-2_4:
- More. Fucking. Enemy. Spam. Your maps are just gonna be shit if you just add enemy after enemy after enemy after enemy after fucking enemy. HAVE SOME VARIETY.

3-2_5:
- Nothing wrong here, other than an ugly pipe.

8-1:
- Another ugly castle. Shocker.

8-1_1:
TONE DOWN THE FUCKING ENEMY SPAM! CHRIST!! I'm fucking SICK of having to say this through almost. Every. Single. Fucking. World 4 level that I've played. I mean, come on!
- Fish coming out of nowhere.

8-1_2:
- Nothing wrong, except I've never been so happy to see a flagpole in my life. That's another thing, Bowser doesn't have to be in every god forsaken level. It gets tedious after a while, and you feel unaccomplished beating him. That's what "bosses" are for, you don't see every enemy in Final Fantasy suddenly become a boss.
- Oh, by the fucking way, the game ends after you collect the axe here. How did you even bugtest this shit? Oh wait, you didn't.

8-2:
- "Final" Yes, that's why there are two more castles after this one. Dumbass.

8-2_1:
Since you don't listen, and like to put so much spam in levels, I'm just going to disregard it. So, until further notice... what enemy spam? I don't see any enemy spam!

8-3:
- Alright, you just fucking gave up here. This looks like absolute shit. Put some fucking care into making a map, you don't see 0' Brothers using a shitfuck of random tiles!

8-3_1:
- Holy fuck. At this point, this is the absolute worst mappack I have ever fucking played. You have brought enem- no, nonono... ENTITY spam, to an entire new level. For that I thank you, I am so glad to be blessed by this hunk of shit.
- If you didn't tell, above was sarcasm. And this is an ACTUALL SCREENSHOT. UNEDITED of this travesty.
!! Large-er sized image full of shitfuck. You have been warned. !!

This level is just fucking GARBAGE, you have NO SENSE of what people that play Mari0 want to play, not even by a fucking longshot. You just randomly placed out tiles and said 'oop relase time' and just shat it out the window. DON'T. DO. THIS. Take time in your map, like... fuck!
tl;dr it's a pile of fucking steaming hot monkey shit. The earlier levels are fine if you like bland levels, but as it goes on, it just gets worse and worse and WORSE in terms of enemy spam. Especially that god awful 8-3 bullfuck of a level. Seriously, I don't recommend you try again without trying out EVERY GOOD adventure map here, because you sure as hell don't know how to make one worth a damn. I really cannot say anything good about this, this map actually made me want to go back and play Afterlife Travels again, because the levels were just so fucking boring an unimaginative.

This map has to get the WORST rating I have ever given ANY map. I can't even give it a fucking 1, so it'll have to deal with the awful 0.5/10 rating it deserves.

I mean Jesus Christ on a bicycle, test your shit, that's the motto for EVERY map maker out there. Test. Your. Fucking. Shit. And if you're not sure if someone'll like it, send someone, anyone a PM to test it for you. They probably will, and give you feedback to you can improve. Seriously, don't try again if you plan on rehashing the same awful looking mappack with blandass tiles, "stunning" (and by 'stunning' i mean 'none at all') backgrounds, and godawful platforming and enemy/entity placement you did in this fuckheap. There has seriously got to be some sort of quality control with this shit.

Villager103

Post » 16 Jul 2014, 12:27

I agree with you! This mappack is pretty shit.

My interpretation of the making of this mappack.

STEP 1:Open Mari0's Level Editor.

STEP 2:Slap a bunch of random tiles onto the screen.

STEP 3:Throw entities everywhere.

STEP 4:Upload the turd to Stabyourself.net Forum.

My rating: -9000/10

Jad

Post » 16 Jul 2014, 12:44

All that you said gave me one thing: LOL!!!
I mean that my mappack i made no for ratings but for fun
Don't say me that is worst mappack ever because is not rating able
And for you i have a mappack that is worse than the castle land https://www.dropbox.com/s/2l9xi2w0a4qof ... iraga).zip
Also i am fuck at castles
And for last time i don't agree your rating because this mappack is not rating able
THATS ALL!!!

Automatik

Post » 16 Jul 2014, 13:32

Actually, yes your mappack is rate-able. When you post a mappack, you have no right to not expect any criticism. ESPECIALLY when it's your first mappack.

You're on a forum, which is meant for discussion. Obviously there is going to be discussions about how good or bad your mappack is. What did you expect when you posted your mappack, Only praise? Or no feedback at all? Because in both case, you're in the wrong place.

Here, you are just showing that you can't handle criticism.

renhoek

Post » 16 Jul 2014, 13:33

If you didn't want people calling it crap you should have thought about that before making it public.
Also laughing at someone for giving you feedback will get you no where here.

Oh and Villager just because you see something bad doesn't mean you can act like a jackass about it. That's not going to encourage anyone to improve.

faves3000

Post » 16 Jul 2014, 13:34

I couldn't even beat the mappack as Level 1-2_1 kept crashing every time I entered it. This is literally unbeatable.

EDIT: For some reason, this is only for the .zip version of the file. For some reason, the .rar doesn't crash on me as often.