Afterlife Travels

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
worldwar1

Post » 02 Jul 2014, 18:11

Hi!! This is my first Mappack, Afterlife Travels is about how Mario's soul was stolen by Bowser and taken to Hell, so Mario must find his way to save his soul, defeat Bowser and get to Heaven before it's too late, but entering and leaving Hell isn't as easy as it sounds, so you must help Mario solve the puzzles and pass each different and difficult level, with the help of a few power ups and you! (And help rescue Toad on the way) Version 1.6 [WIP]
[/url] http://http://www.mediafire.com/downloa ... ravels.rar

The mappack is still in development but this is what i´ve got for now.
Edit: Tilset credit goes to reghrhre and WillWare
Background credit goes to SauloFX,Alesan99,Qwertyman007,Superjustinbros,Mr.Q.Marx?,and me :D
Last edited by worldwar1 on 26 Jul 2014, 00:20, edited 6 times in total.

Danny

Post » 02 Jul 2014, 19:28

screenshots???

sorry i just dont like downloading stuff unless there are screenshots

Qcode

Post » 02 Jul 2014, 19:36

Last edited by Qcode on 21 Oct 2021, 19:17, edited 2 times in total.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 02 Jul 2014, 19:38

It actually looks pretty good!
Danny wrote:screenshots???

sorry i just dont like downloading stuff unless there are screenshots
The screenshots were just messed up, actually

Firaga

Post » 02 Jul 2014, 19:44

Welcome to the patented Firaga Mappack Rating System.
Fasten your seatbelts, and keep all hands inside the vehicle as we delve into Afterlife Travels

Before we even begin, fix the fucking thread. It looks like ass. And put "1.6" at the top, so we know which version we have to use.

1-1:
- This is hell? I thought it'd be something more like... under the ground, because I sure as fuck know that HELL ISN'T IN THE ICY MOUNTAINS.
- Alright, maybe this IS hell. No differentiation with whats solid and whats not, especially with the water looking like ice and not moving.
- And... now there's clouds? We aren't in heaven yet, were in HELL. You even stated that we are in hell, did I beat the game already?
- Mario runs past the door and goes through the wall when he finishes the level.
- You switch between two styles of blocks. Pick one, they look ugly with 8-bit and 16-bit together.
- Boring level.

1-2:
- Enter a castle to go underground? Umm, alright then.
- Uhhhh, I don't know what the fuck you want me to do here.
- Also, you ripped the backgrounds off of Saulo's Journey, give him credit for them in the thread, instead of the credits.txt nobody will read.
- I said fuck it. I have no idea how to escape this stone prison. I went into the editor and erased some tiles so I could get out.
- You know what you should do? TEST YOUR SHIT. I mean, for fuck sake, you can just jump over the door, skipping the puzzle completely.
- Boring level.

1-3:
- Oh, this just looks like fucking ass. The tiles have no ends, and why is there grass in a fucking desert?! I know there's oasis's, but they have small weeds, this is full on dirt grass!
- You can skip the door puzzle in this by jumping over the wall.
- It would also be nice to give the background some scroll factor
- I mean really?! If you're going to send this many enemies at us, maybe put an ITEM SOMEWHERE.
- Soooooo wheres the castle? And what are the flame breaths coming from?
- Oh it's great to know you tested this YOU DIDN'T TEST WORTH BULL TESTICLES.
- Boring level.

1-4:
- Did you just completely give up here? PUT SOME BACKGROUNDS IN, the other levels had them, why shouldn't this?
- Oh, a pipe that leads to... oh, I guess it wasn't a pipe. It was a teleporter. Nevermind.

1-4_1:
- Ok, now you can go fuck yourself. Enemy spam, it doesn't make things harder, only makes a map more horrible.
- Best warp room 10/10. Make your map enjoyable.
- Boring level.

2-1:
- "Welcome to hell" I know, I was already there since I started.
- Oh, I didn't know hell meant "lots of enemy spam".
- Boring level.
- Those buzzy beetles sure are threatening when they run into a laser half a second later.

*** It was at this point I wanted to stab my hands with a knife, just so I didn't have to play this anymore. ***

2-2:
- You might as well just end the game here, you can grind lives. Also why are you giving us items NOW?! All through the game you've given me JACK SHIT.
- More enemy spam. And did it ever occur to you that BUZZY BEETLES ARE IMMUNE TO FIREBALLS?!
- Another boring level.

2-2_1:
- Oh, a maze, that won't make people hate you. Oh wait, it will.
- Then you got cheep-cheep spam that's awful to avoid unless you wait, wasting precious time.

2-2_2:
- Checkpoint that doesn't work.
- Fuck off with Bowser, all you're doing is expanding the time to beat this map, and wasting everyone's time playing this.

2-2_3:
- Pipe room, nothing wrong, but it looks awful.
- Broken checkpoint...

2-2_4:
- Holy enemy spam, Batman! I mean really. Remove some of the enemies.
- Again, broken checkpoint.
- I hate you, even ATTEMPT to fix your shit before releasing it.

2-2_5:
- GOOOO FUUUUCCCKKK YOURSEEEEELLLLFFF! STOP GIVING THE PLAYER ITEMS THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN AAAAAGGGGEEESSS AGO!!!! 1-Up's should be placed in a position where they are secret, not because there is an extreme enemy spam section ahead because 'lul tish wil be herd'. If you need more 1-up mushrooms because a section is full of enemies, REDUCE THE ENEMY AMOUNT YOU TWIT.
- What is it with you and broken checkpoints? Oh, right. You don't test your stuff.

2-3:
- Why do you even add enemies if they die instantly on lasers?
- Why do we go from 2-2_5, just to go back to 2-2_4? It makes it harder for people to understand what level they're editing on the editor.
- Another boring and useless level.

2-3_1:
- Well hey look at the bright side, no checkpoint!
- If you guess the wrong pipe too many times, you're fucked. Mario's games aren't about guessing, except a few puzzles that don't affect gameplay, except maybe a life or a star card (if you're playing SMB3.).

2-3_2:
- Alright, you can just fuck right off now. Quit it with the enemy spam.
- Same problem with 2-3_1. If you guess wrong, you get fucked.

2-3_3:
- Same problem with 2-3_1. If you guess wrong, you get fucked. There should be at most, one of these rooms. Burn the rest of them.

2-3_4:
- The water-mixing-with-ice-tiles returns! Make the water more apparent that you can fall through it.
- "MARIO YOU MUST REMEMEMBER, NOW GO". Yup, that's definitely how you spell remember. And... remember... what exactly? To get my soul back? Well no shit, I know it's gone, I'm not just going to sit there with my thumb in my ass just sitting there.

2-4:
- "Bill start" "Bill start" "Bill start" "Bill start". You don't have to add more of these to make more bullet bills come out. That's not how the enemy triggers work in Mari0 1.6.
- Borderline enemy spam.
- ANOTHER BORING LEVEL.

2-4_1:
- Grabbing the axe kills you... because you didn't add more space next to the axe...

3-1:
- Fire and Bullet Bill spam.
- GIVE CREDIT TO THE PEOPLE WITH THE BACKGROUNDS IN THE THREAD, I believe QwertymanO07 made that, so give him credit in the thread. Actually, remove his name entirely from this (and everyone elses). I don't want someone who's made something great's name on this poop smear of a game.

3-2:
- Enemy spam.
- Whoever made these backgrounds and ripped them, give them credit. I'm not sure what this one belongs to, but find out and put their name in a credits page on the thread, instead of in a .txt nobody will look at..
- You can jump over the wall and skip the door puzzle...

3-3:
- Again, whoever made these backgrounds and ripped them, give them credit. I'm not sure what this one belongs to, but find out and put their name in a credits page on the thread, instead of in a .txt nobody will look at.
- Hey wait a minute! Wheres your enemy spam?
- No flagpole, go fuck yourself.

3-4:
- Bowser upon Bowser upon Bowser. DO NOT DO THIS AGAIN. This is a horrible way to expand playing time.

4-1:
- Aaaaannnnddd another puzzle room after that "exhilarating" boss battle. The final battle should be the end.
- And the game ends... well, it doesn't really end, it just goes to a screen I can't do anything in.
I... I think I just threw up a little in my mouth from playing this...

I mean, it's horrendously bad, enemy spam, fuck all for items (a "few powerups" is a fucking understatement), boss spam, awful tileset (and how it's used), awful backgrounds, if there even is any on most levels, not even some of the levels fucking work. Oh, and the music is ass too, it doesn't fit the theme you've presented here (even though it's not much of a theme). Very minimal effort was put into shitting this out as fast as possible. I don't even think this was even half assed, it wasn't even no assed! Negative asses were put into making this. Next time, put some fucking effort into testing your damn mappack.

This map is fucking awful, and I really do hope you make something better next time, but this gets the Firaga Shitstain Award for absolutely failing in every fucking aspect, there wasn't one thing that makes this better than any other mappack out there. Next time, try looking off other mappacks, and see if you can gather any unique ideas for another mappack of yours. But until then, this is a motherfucking 1/10, a godawful map that I have had the dishonor of playing.

B-Man99

Post » 03 Jul 2014, 02:50

Obligatory "Don't take it personally she's never rated more than 2/10" post and joke continuation

worldwar1

Post » 03 Jul 2014, 16:32

Firaga, as you can see, i´m still developing the game, and i´ve still got quite a lot of shitty things in it, yes I have to fix the puzzles, yes I have to add a few more backgrounds and other details, but leaving that part away i made the mappack with my little 6 year old sister, she put alot of things in it too, so I can also say that my mappack is a bit bad but i´m working on it, and thanks for your review!

Firaga

Post » 03 Jul 2014, 18:16

worldwar1 wrote:Firaga, as you can see, i´m still developing the game
I'm sorry, I couldn't see the "developing game" part, most maps have a [WIP] for the beginning of the thread title.
I'd be happy to play again in the future, once you fix some things up.

worldwar1

Post » 03 Jul 2014, 19:32

Alright, just one question, how do I fix the jumping over the door thing in Mario 1.6?

worldwar1

Post » 03 Jul 2014, 19:54

Ok, I fixed a few more things, added a few levels, changed some backgrounds and fixed some broken checkpoints
[url] http://www.mediafire.com/download/2h8op ... ravels.rar

Automatik

Post » 03 Jul 2014, 20:08

Well, you could put a laser, like this :

Superjustinbros

Post » 03 Jul 2014, 21:47

I'm not going to add onto a list of problems this mappack has, since Firaga already tore this mappack apart.

So I'll just add one thing: Try to avoid clashing styles together, since you're using 16-bit tiles with 8-bit backgrounds, which is something a few people don't really like. Also, the way you placed the tiles (easily shown in the screenshots) makes them cutoff (something SMW central considers total cancer). Try to make sure there are no disconnected parts of the tiles and if there's no choice but to have them disconnected, find a way to work around the limited tiles so you can avoid cutoff.

worldwar1

Post » 04 Jul 2014, 04:40

okay, I´ll try it,

worldwar1

Post » 26 Jul 2014, 00:22

ok, I added all the backgrounds, sorry i havent posted recently, here´s the link.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2h8op ... ravels.rar

Wary

Post » 26 Jul 2014, 10:43

I know I'm in no position to say this, but I already payed some good mappacks so I know the difference.

This is bullshit.

B-Man99

Post » 26 Jul 2014, 14:46

That isn't very constructive