[MAPPACK] Flagpole Story

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
QuotientAB

Post » 16 Jun 2014, 22:44

It's never been this difficult to reach a flagpole a few blocks in front of you!
MUSIC: Kevin Macleod - Who Likes to Party
There are three levels in this mappack, the fourth being simple enough to not be considered a level.
Each stage is based around the fact that there is a flagpole only a few blocks ahead of you - reaching it is the challenge. The flagpole moves further away from your spawn in each level.
DOWNLOAD!
Screenshots:
Walkthrough:
1-1: Simply short-hop across the gap. You don't need to gain any momentum. Don't jump as low as possible, but do not hold down jump.(Jumping into the side of the invisible block works well, too!)
1-2: Take the companion cube. Jump through the lasers, pointing your cube downward. Jump to reveal an invisible block. Walk to the right until a second column of piranha plants appears. Once they do, you will have until they disappear to run underneath them. From there, jump and drop your cube. Momentum should carry it to the edge of the button. Once in this position, you are surrounded on both sides by piranha plants, so don't move too much to either side - you will die in this position, inevitably. Once you land the cube on the button, drop down and simply jump to the flagpole.
1-3: Hit the Mystery Box and nab the Super Mushroom. Crouch-jump onto the block, face left, and stop crouching. You will have a split second to jump. Once you do this, use your Portal Gun reticle to scan the ceiling for a hole. Jump into it and land to the left. Place a portal on the leftmost wall and one on the rightmost wall. Jump on the Koopa and kick its shell into the right portal. Press R to reset your portals while the Koopa is on your left. If you fail this, you will need to suicide. Once this is done, simply jump onto the flagpole.
This is my first mappack! A sequel is in order! If you comment, I'd like you to give this mappack a rating out of a maximum of ten points.
Thank you for viewing/downloading! Yes, I'm well-aware that the first level is cheap.

HowToEatGirafes

Post » 17 Jun 2014, 23:08

Welcome to the forums and also the mappack is not so bad but a little bit too short , but i found the concept original ;)

QuotientAB

Post » 18 Jun 2014, 00:23

Thanks for the warm welcome! Glad you liked the premise!