Ideas for Improvements + Help needed!

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
NateDude

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 21:14

Alright, so this game is pretty fun, and I can easily waste hours at a time on it, and the level editor is SUPERB - However, there's many things I would like implemented, and if you could take the time to read them it'd be extraordinarey.

More Toggle-able Items
What annoys me is how Lasers, Light bridges, and many other things aren't controllable. They should be, as it'd allow more room for creativity.

Importing Music
You could add an option to the dropdown menu, "Custom", which opens up a menu for you to find and click an Ogg or Org or whatever file type it is you've presumably made.

Hats Stay when you grow.
Self Explanatory.

Change what your Fire Mario color's are.
Again, Self Explanatory.

An Auto-Save feature.
When going to other levels, this would help tremendously.

Water Blocks.
Sure, this wasn't in the original super mario bros, but maybe a block that acts as Underwater?

Now, I also need some help with things.

How do I import tiles?
I've read the other thread, but it isn't clear - I don't know what [mari0-source] is or how to get to it. I would like a clear explanation!

Forever

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 21:18

I completely agree with you on the toggle-able part. We also need inverters for doors, so by default they are open and when you push a button they close.

Camewel

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 21:25

You can control them, just put a door in front of them. You open the door to tune them on, close the door to turn them off. Magic.

NateDude

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 21:53

Camewel wrote:You can control them, just put a door in front of them. You open the door to tune them on, close the door to turn them off. Magic.
Most of the time, there isn't enough room for the Four Blocks of space wasted to make this work. Some people prefer a simple one block of space, to make it fit. Magic.

Camewel

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 21:59

This isn't an official way of doing it, it's just improvising until we get an official way.

trosh

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 23:31

NateDude wrote:How do I import tiles?
I've read the other thread, but it isn't clear - I don't know what [mari0-source] is or how to get to it. I would like a clear explanation!
[mario source] was just my way of saying get the source version (.love file) of mari0, then rename it to mari0_blah_blah.zip, then extract it in a folder and you have the original game with all files open for editing. Also to play either drag that folder over the love2d 0.8 executable or zip its content into a new .zip file, which you can rename into .love to play. I hope that was clear. I don't want to explain about tilesets though, go into the existing mappacks if you wanna find out.

NickIAm

Post » 04 Mar 2012, 23:33

for what rename the file?
just - "Open Whith"