Mentality 1.6

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
Sergione

Post » 10 May 2014, 10:40

Inbox for Mario 1.6 ......... What? Mario 1.6, but it's from a piece that you do not use more then Mario, well today I want to propose a mappack very similar to portal, with some difficulty and more levels, well 3 worlds.

Screenshoots:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Story:
One day, while Mario walked, a type named Goomboz took Mario and I bring it in a cage in his home, though he managed to free himself and then decided to escape, but she doesn't know that Goomboz has placed traps anywhere!

Complete 3 whole worlds out of that "jail" and enjoy the freedom ... maybe ...

Using their wits in the first two worlds and portals in the third. Whenever you are about to finish a world one of his sons will not pass, and here in this mappack there are also bosses, one out of every four levels.
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/gg9rd ... tality.rar

For those who have just started Mari0!

Soon I will add the speedrun Mentality expected Mentality 2 (For SE)

08/04/2014: I reached the milestone of 30 download of my mappack, thank you very much for your cooperation!
Last edited by Sergione on 04 Aug 2014, 10:44, edited 10 times in total.

SauloFX

Post » 10 May 2014, 19:00

Hello and Welcome to the Forums!

Read this right here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1642 it's something for you to show your mappack in a better way and people get more interessted in it!

Sergione

Post » 10 May 2014, 19:27

But I have already put a mappack, The Mario Game, the link is this: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4296 I already know how to do a page for mappack, the problem is that I didn't do the screenshoots of my mappack as it continued to go on hiatus while I was, by the way do you know a program to make the screenshoots.

SauloFX

Post » 10 May 2014, 19:33

You aren't using windows? unfortunately i don't know any software.

Sergione

Post » 10 May 2014, 19:50

But I have windows 7!

HansAgain

Post » 10 May 2014, 19:57

Sergione wrote:I already know how to do a page for mappack
i don't think so, on that thread there is a way to take screenshots:
(Spoiler because of the big quote)
MrCytosine wrote:
6) Taking Screenshots Of Your Mappack

Through my own experience, this is the most common fault with many mappack threads. If I got £1 for every time someone said "Screenshots" as the first reply to any mappack thread, I'd probably have around... £12. This bit is kind of crucial, as people need to see evidence of a good bit of work before they go downloading your pride and joy.

Step 1: You need to find the actual "Print Screen" button on your keyboard (on some Spanish keyboards, it may be called "Impr Pant" or "IMP PNT"). This button allows you to take a picture of whatever is on the screen. It is not necessary to use any software to do this, as some pieces of software require you to click on another window to take a picture, which pauses the game. It's what has allowed me to put up these step by step pictures. The button is present on all modern keyboards, and it's around the top of the keyboard, and slightly to the right. It should say "Prt Sc" on it, or something similar:
Image Image

Step 2: Start the Mari0 game, and get the screen exactly how you want it to look on your thread. It's usually a good idea to do this in the "Test Level" mode of the Mari0 editor. Remember, you want to show off your mappack, so try to take screenshots of the best bits. Please, for the love of god, make your screen dimensions ratio 1 or 2, preferably 1. The image doesn't have to take up the entire screen.

Step 3: Press the Print Screen button. Alternatively, you can hold down the Alt Key, and then press Prt Sc. This allows you to take a snapshot of the current window you're in.

Step 4: Paste your screenshot onto a image editing program (I use Paint.NET, but you can use alternatives, such as MS Paint or Gimp). Then save your screenshot (I would recommend saving it as a .png file, as it keeps the screenshot quality the same).

7) Uploading Photos To A Image Uploading Site

Like your file sharing site, your photo uploading site is the middle man between Mari0 players and your screenshots. The process is similar to uploading files, too. I personally use photobucket, but there are alternatives (e.g. Flickr, Tinypic and Imgur).

Step 1: Select the photo via your chosen site. You need to click the upload button, and find your file in your PC directory.

Step 2: When you have uploaded your file, copy the link of the file.

8) Putting Your Screenshots Into A Thread

Step 1: In your thread, click the Img button. Then, paste the URL of your image between the Img tags.

Step 2: Preview your thread by clicking the preview button underneath the editor, and make sure your photo is working. It should look exactly like your screenshot.

9) Congratulations, Your Thread Is Now Acceptable!

[...]
Thank you for reading,
MrCytosine
Also, please put a better introduction, i don't know what's the mappack about.
Also, you would like to put what version does use this mappack on the title.
Also, yeah, you have to read that thread if you want to be awesome.

EDIT: v Yeah, sorry, it's fixed now.
Last edited by HansAgain on 10 May 2014, 23:46, edited 1 time in total.

Sunset_Moth

Post » 10 May 2014, 23:07

You didn't say how to make the screenshots, just how to post them.
Every guide to Mari0 screenshots ever wrote:Print Screen and crop the image

HugoBDesigner

Post » 10 May 2014, 23:41

bubba_nate wrote:You didn't say how to make the screenshots, just how to post them.
This, please: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1642#pt7

Sergione

Post » 11 May 2014, 10:13

But I know how to put the screenshots, the problem and I everytime I go on "Snipping Tool" that I used in the previous post, this mappack (1.6) can't do it because every time I go there it pauses and I can't get it to the screenshoots, isn't the problem on how to bring the screenshoots on the internet but the problem is, how they do it?

Dav999

Post » 11 May 2014, 12:53

Sergione wrote:But I know how to put the screenshots, the problem and I everytime I go on "Snipping Tool" that I used in the previous post, this mappack (1.6) can't do it because every time I go there it pauses and I can't get it to the screenshoots, isn't the problem on how to bring the screenshoots on the internet but the problem is, how they do it?
Just press alt+printscreen/prt scr on your keyboard while Mari0 is the active window, then go to Paint, make the blank image very small and press ctrl+V.

HowToEatGirafes

Post » 11 May 2014, 13:51

You can install "Dropbox" : www.dropbox.com and then your screenshots will be directly in .

Sergione

Post » 11 May 2014, 14:12

Don't worry, I solved the problem, enough with my keyboard open "Snipping Tool", open Mari0 and go in the level editor, then put on a level point and click ctrl + print screen and the game is done, soon will get a new version of the mappack, including screenshoots and history, a bit of patience it takes, and anyway I put photos on photobucket.

Sergione

Post » 24 May 2014, 11:17

Sorry for double post, but soon I will add the speedrun Mentality expected Mentality 2 (For SE)
Last edited by Sergione on 05 Jun 2014, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.

Villager103

Post » 24 May 2014, 11:23

The mappack is pretty cool, but could you prettify the place up a bit?

See what Maurice did with the Portal Mappack?
There are non-portalable tiles of different sizes behind the portalable tiles.

And the portalable tiles look pretty ugly as well. They are like 1 half of a panel on top of each other.

Make the full panel for portal tiles and use the 4x4 portal tiles for portalable ground tiles.

Rating:7/10

Sergione

Post » 28 Jul 2014, 14:53

Villager103 wrote:The mappack is pretty cool, but could you prettify the place up a bit?

See what Maurice did with the Portal Mappack?
There are non-portalable tiles of different sizes behind the portalable tiles.

And the portalable tiles look pretty ugly as well. They are like 1 half of a panel on top of each other.

Make the full panel for portal tiles and use the 4x4 portal tiles for portalable ground tiles.

Rating:7/10
Ok, I'm not an expert in these things, but in a future update will improve things.

Sergione

Post » 04 Aug 2014, 10:43

I reached the milestone of 30 download of my mappack, thank you very much for your cooperation!