Giving and Getting Feedback

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
Smear-Gel

Post » 19 Apr 2014, 06:05

I think this place should be promoting feedback and friendship and stuff.

It sometimes seems like everyone makes maps and expects them to be played and to receive comments but don't feel like giving any to others themselves.

One way we can help with this is to go and comment on other people's maps. It's kinda overly simple.

Especially maps that have very few comments or people just starting out. ESPECIALLY good looking maps with zero comments.

We'd probably see more and better maps if we gave feedback to people just starting out or to maps that looked like someone worked hard on just as much as we comment on maps of popular people.

And like, good criticism rather than 50 comments telling the guy their spelling is bad and their map is awful blah blah like what usually happens.

It would be awful if a map maker with amazing potential got discouraged because their first map was completely ignored.

I dunno if this was a good idea to post but it's been on my mind for a while. Hope this wasn't bad or anything.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 19 Apr 2014, 06:09

I totally agree with you, Smear-Gel! Whenever I see that someone needs a good critique (which doesn't always means compliments, but a constructive, helpful comment), I do my best to do it. Anyway, I'd love to see this community posting more constructively instead of arguing about how someone's first mappack is garbage...

Smear-Gel

Post » 19 Apr 2014, 06:25

HugoBDesigner wrote:I totally agree with you, Smear-Gel! Whenever I see that someone needs a good critique (which doesn't always means compliments, but a constructive, helpful comment), I do my best to do it.

Well that's good.
HugoBDesigner wrote:Anyway, I'd love to see this community posting more constructively instead of arguing about how someone's first mappack is garbage...
Same. Outside the more popular people (no disrespect to popular people of course), the maps that get the most comments are beginner maps getting a lot of repetitive "THIS SUCKS AND SO DO YOU" comments/arguments.