Work hard [WIP] [SE]

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
Think_with_Coins

Post » 17 Apr 2014, 13:20

Abandoned for now. Too early release.

Will update when i made some levels.
Last edited by Think_with_Coins on 10 May 2014, 12:06, edited 6 times in total.

0>0

Post » 17 Apr 2014, 14:01

i think you need some tiles.
here is mine for my mappack bowser returns.
download tiles
it's a lot of tiles
if you are using it don't forget to put me on the credits. :)

Firaga

Post » 17 Apr 2014, 20:01

Review:
1-1:
- You can activate the "Time is Money. Gotta go fast" animation more than once. Add a "Disable this Animation" to the Actions category.
- Is Mario a human? I would put 'unauthorised lifeform' or something like that.
- I take to the lower portion or the facility. Dieing midair.
- Get rid of that fucking 1x1 platform. It's pointless, and useless, trust me.
- "Corpses without head" Spelling Error's: 1
- Wait, what? Corpses? We're we given any incentive as to WHY there are corpses? Maybe we'll find out later. (psst we don't.)
- I'm going to poin this out too. The way you place tiles is godawful. Everything looks random and out of place.
- Why am I saying "Registered user #######"? I'm not a robot, the facility intercom is saying that to me.
- What the fuck was that?! A random warp pipe in the wall? At least make it look different than the other VOMIT RANDOM TILES.
- Time to go to work? Well why in the holy fuck do you have to travel through a unauthorized area to get to work?!
- Random repulsion gel and random adhesion gel. Adhesion gel warps through the wall.
- Great. So I realize I need the cube, yet if you take the "mystifying wall warp", there's no chance in hell you're getting the cube back. TEST YOUR SHIT.
- One life is insane for this. It's like Syobon Action, you have to see the traps coming, and then avoid it the next time. But with the bullet bills, you don't fucking know when the hell they're coming.
- "This is ridicules." Spelling Error's: 2
- "Or destroying the so the center explodes." Spelling Error's: 3 Destroying WHAT?!
- "Something ridicules stupid."Spelling Error's: 4
- Resetting portals in this enclosed box, can't escape. This is reaching The Journey levels of badness, but, it can't be all bad... right?
- So, I DIDN'T need the bloody cube? Thanks for wasting my time.
- Speaking of time, INCREASE THE TIMER.

After this, I went into the editor.
- Another dumb choice, putting a checkpoint in a game where you only have one fucking life.
- Adhesion gel with no purpose other than floating midair.

1-1_1:
- Normal room, nothing wrong. But why can't you make it so I instantly spawn in the pipe instead of a useless room?

1-1_2:
- Ohh, fuck you. It killed me immediately. Yeah, this room is PROOF you didn't test this worth shit. You fall off the map, but only in PlayerGame, not in the Editor.

1-1_3:
- Enter a wall and come out a pipe. Makes no sense. Other than that, this room is OK, albeit plagued by your awful tile placement.

1-1_3:
- And flagpole, thank god. I haven't been so happy to find a flagpold in my life.

Overall, since this is a "super alpha", it is meant to be a bit bad.
Well, this is a fucking excuse for an alpha. It's waaay too untested to be an alpha, or even anything. You didn't test the tiles, things randomly appear in midair, can't get the cube, and is overall,a "sponge of badness". It's a disgrace as a Mari0 map, or even an alpha, and it's getting a fucking 2/10

Tudoreleuu

Post » 17 Apr 2014, 20:58

Firaga wrote:Review:
1-1:
- You can activate the "Time is Money. Gotta go fast" animation more than once. Add a "Disable this Animation" to the Actions category.
- Is Mario a human? I would put 'unauthorised lifeform' or something like that.
- I take to the lower portion or the facility. Dieing midair.
- Get rid of that fucking 1x1 platform. It's pointless, and useless, trust me.
- "Corpses without head" Spelling Error's: 1
- Wait, what? Corpses? We're we given any incentive as to WHY there are corpses? Maybe we'll find out later. (psst we don't.)
- I'm going to poin this out too. The way you place tiles is godawful. Everything looks random and out of place.
- Why am I saying "Registered user #######"? I'm not a robot, the facility intercom is saying that to me.
- What the fuck was that?! A random warp pipe in the wall? At least make it look different than the other VOMIT RANDOM TILES.
- Time to go to work? Well why in the holy fuck do you have to travel through a unauthorized area to get to work?!
- Random repulsion gel and random adhesion gel. Adhesion gel warps through the wall.
- Great. So I realize I need the cube, yet if you take the "mystifying wall warp", there's no chance in hell you're getting the cube back. TEST YOUR SHIT.
- One life is insane for this. It's like Syobon Action, you have to see the traps coming, and then avoid it the next time. But with the bullet bills, you don't fucking know when the hell they're coming.
- "This is ridicules." Spelling Error's: 2
- "Or destroying the so the center explodes." Spelling Error's: 3 Destroying WHAT?!
- "Something ridicules stupid."Spelling Error's: 4
- Resetting portals in this enclosed box, can't escape. This is reaching The Journey levels of badness, but, it can't be all bad... right?
- So, I DIDN'T need the bloody cube? Thanks for wasting my time.
- Speaking of time, INCREASE THE TIMER.

After this, I went into the editor.
- Another dumb choice, putting a checkpoint in a game where you only have one fucking life.
- Adhesion gel with no purpose other than floating midair.

1-1_1:
- Normal room, nothing wrong. But why can't you make it so I instantly spawn in the pipe instead of a useless room?

1-1_2:
- Ohh, fuck you. It killed me immediately. Yeah, this room is PROOF you didn't test this worth shit. You fall off the map, but only in PlayerGame, not in the Editor.

1-1_3:
- Enter a wall and come out a pipe. Makes no sense. Other than that, this room is OK, albeit plagued by your awful tile placement.

1-1_3:
- And flagpole, thank god. I haven't been so happy to find a flagpold in my life.

Overall, since this is a "super alpha", it is meant to be a bit bad.
Well, this is a fucking excuse for an alpha. It's waaay too untested to be an alpha, or even anything. You didn't test the tiles, things randomly appear in midair, can't get the cube, and is overall,a "sponge of badness". It's a disgrace as a Mari0 map, or even an alpha, and it's getting a fucking 2/10
While I find your review perfectly reasonable, I find it funny that you criticize the author so harshly for spelling errors when you make so many of them, as well as grammar errors, in the review itself.

B-Man99

Post » 17 Apr 2014, 21:03

Oh don't take it harshly think_with_coins, she's never reviewed a mappack and given it more than a 2. You should feel accomplished.
I haven't had the chance to try it out but since it's your first mappack and as you said you're still getting used to the system, I would suggested taking the criticism and trying to improve what she tipped on but ignoring the blatant insults

HowToEatGirafes

Post » 17 Apr 2014, 21:34

EDIT : nvm i'm dumb sometimes
Last edited by HowToEatGirafes on 17 Apr 2014, 21:39, edited 2 times in total.

Think_with_Coins

Post » 17 Apr 2014, 21:36

To this all: Firaga helped with this criticism. She said where are errors and what to fix. so i dont see big problems here. The next update is going to fix this all. But i need some time for this and new levels

B-Man99

Post » 17 Apr 2014, 22:56

That's cool. We understand. Good things always take time. I think it's a lot better to give yourself time and make soething great instead of rushing a release or demo. That's what I guess is the most important thing to learn since this was your first time.