the cave[SE]

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
0>0

Post » 01 Mar 2014, 23:03

hello everyone
i finally finished this mappack and if you forgot the story here it's:
mario was walking in the world and suddenly fall in a very big cave and he's trying to escape from this giant cave and return to his home.
and i used the same screenshots:
i'm using another spikes now
and finally the download link
please comment at this mappack

Firaga

Post » 01 Mar 2014, 23:07

Why did you have to make a new thread for this.

MagicPillow

Post » 01 Mar 2014, 23:08

I'm getting a strange sense of déjà vu...

idiot9.0

Post » 02 Mar 2014, 00:07

I was going to do an entry in "Idiot's review corner" for this but oh my god this mappack is so freaking terrible I did not find it worth it.
It has the same exact problems as your last mappack had, only with less lasers and more spikes. Seriously
Bland level design, stupid underwater spike segments, I swear I had to take a forced hit at least 5 times, most enemies aren't a threat, Hammer Bros are put in stupid spots where usually they can just be ignored, and OH MY GOD Learn to fucking english. Your text boxes lacked any form of grammar and I swear you make Mario go so out of character. Mario would never say "Ok I'm ready to kill you".
Speaking of which the ending is such a cliffhanger and I hope there's not a sequel.

The only good things I can say are that the music isn't terrible (but that's only because you stole it from various games from youtube) and that you made a somewhat-neat boss out of a Hammer Bro (but it's just a hammer bro that takes 3 hits and changes colors. More than I can do at least but still.)

Seriously, go play some of the better mappacks that are out there before you try again. You need to find out what makes good level design and what is fun or not before you try making another map. I'm sorry for being brutally honest but this mappack just sucks.

B-Man99

Post » 02 Mar 2014, 00:28

Don't be sorry for being brutally honest, that's the whole point of being brutally honest.

I'll totally back up what Idiot's saying. Really. We've been telling him this stuff over and over and nothing ever changes. I think he should be sorry just for having yet another person try to explain why these are terrible.

Oh and this duplicate thread thing seems like a problem.

SauloFX

Post » 04 Mar 2014, 00:39

All you did is custom spikes and music,common man you can do better than that!