Mappack: Journey

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
SauloFX

Post » 26 Feb 2014, 04:38

Last edited by SauloFX on 03 Apr 2014, 16:49, edited 18 times in total.

MagicPillow

Post » 26 Feb 2014, 05:20

Looks great so far...
You might want to shrink the screenshots and/or put them in a spoiler.

Mari0Maker

Post » 26 Feb 2014, 05:49

This actually is looking really good. I'm looking forward to it!

B-Man99

Post » 26 Feb 2014, 06:17

Very unique art style. The screenshots look great. I just hope the gameplay lives up to it.
Also, "did you saw" should probably be "did you see" unless I seriously missed something here about English.
All I could suggest from the screenshots is that the text could be done with speech and animations. This artistic look is so cool; so I'm not exactly sure how either one of these methods fits in.

Yeah this is definitely one of the ideas around here that I plan on following. Huge potential. Great work on it so far!

Also, welcome to the forums :D

SauloFX

Post » 01 Mar 2014, 17:49

Thanks for all the support guys!,just 5 days in here and i can notice how everyone is friendly,don't forget to bring suggestions and ideas for the mappack,if you bring ideas your name will be in the credits of the mappack!

SauloFX

Post » 02 Mar 2014, 16:00

ignore this
Last edited by SauloFX on 08 Mar 2014, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.

SauloFX

Post » 03 Mar 2014, 00:33

I Hope You Guys Don't Mind,but Journey Will not have some animated blocks,maybe when the real Mari0 SE Release i can do Journey 2

Doormat

Post » 03 Mar 2014, 01:24

You should use the EDIT button featured in B-Man's avatar

SauloFX

Post » 03 Mar 2014, 02:14

Doormat wrote:You should use the EDIT button featured in B-Man's avatar
What do you mean?I Know edit posts.

\o/
I
/\

Doormat

Post » 03 Mar 2014, 02:18

SauloFX wrote:WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!WARNING!

I Cannot create more stuff for Journey for a while Because some animated triggered tile is causing crashes,and this tile is really necessary,Maurice is helping me,but if someone can fix the crash i would be very thankful,the crash is in another topic i made in modding section.
SauloFX wrote:I Hope You Guys Don't Mind,but Journey Will not have some animated blocks,maybe when the real Mari0 SE Release i can do Journey 2
SauloFX wrote:Thanks for all the support guys!,just 5 days in here and i can notice how everyone is friendly,don't forget to bring suggestions and ideas for the mappack,if you bring ideas your name will be in the credits of the mappack!
really now

SauloFX

Post » 03 Mar 2014, 02:20

I Did This Stuff Because I Thought Do This In The Main Post Would Be Useless ^.^

we´re ok now?
BTW i Love Fluttershy

Doormat

Post » 03 Mar 2014, 02:22

SauloFX wrote:I Did This Stuff Because I Thought Do This In The Main Post Would Be Useless ^.^

we´re ok now?
BTW i Love Fluttershy
SHUT UP I LOVE HER MORE Triple posting isn't really a good thing, you should merge your posts together, that's what I meant.

SauloFX

Post » 03 Mar 2014, 02:33

oh ok,thanks by the tip!

SauloFX

Post » 08 Mar 2014, 19:51

Journey Released!!!!!!!

Firaga

Post » 08 Mar 2014, 21:50

**Note: I get infuriatingly angry playing this.
Review:
Delete all music and try again, they're too big. This is getting to be a relative trend with SE maps recently.
1-1 :
- And the chest has... what to do with this?
- "Don't touch the Med-Blocks, and then there's a Med-Block with a 1-UP in it. I really don't know what you want people to believe.
- ^^ Same thing with the Chests. You don't even say what either contain in the beginning.
- Go into a castle and come out... in the wild, with no castle at all?

1-2 :
- So, are you the narrator or something? I can't really tell, as you talk like you are following Mario

1-3 :
- Forest Temple, or Forest Tower?
- Oh, OK, I guess the Tower is now a Temple.
- What exactly is the point of the laser-beams? And why do you have non-portalable blocks here? You can't get to him anyway, so I don't see why this would be here.
- I don't know why but the 'infinite portal' thing sort of broke for me, stopping me every few seconds. Don't know if this happened to anyone else, I was Big Mario though.
- Excursion Funnel hits half of the block.
- Non-Existent castle.
- And the point of coming in here was because... ehhhh?

1-4 :
- I'm going to point this out now. You're text boxes are god awful. Half of them make no sense as to where or what the character is doing.
- Second, the tiles need work. You go from a coarse ground to a smooth looking pipe.
- Arrow that goes right. gee i didn't know i had to do that thanks.

2-1 :
- Oh, OK, makes sense. We go from in the middle of the fucking jungle to the top of a building.
- "Litterally" Spelling/Grammar Mistakes : 1
- "This don't look good." Spelling/Grammar Mistakes : 2
- "The City isn't gray." [Captain Picard Facepalm]

2-2 :
- "Did you saw a Toad out there?" Spelling/Grammar Mistakes : 3
- If you're Big Mario... you're just fucked I guess!
- You give me a mushroom just so I can't walk on walls/ceilings anymore. Did you even fucking test this?

2-3 :
- "The City is not gray x2" [Double Captain Picard Facepalm]
- "I hope someone bring him back" Spelling/Grammar Mistakes : 4
- Don't bullfuck me, that's not a pipe, that's a damn coffee table. Also, if everything gray, then why in the holy mother of fuck is the coffee table brown?!
- So it's a cheap 1UP Room? Awesome. Also I go to jump and a 1UP box get's in my way.
- Hammer bro's jump through floor.

2-4 :
- No, you don't deserve to use this music with the presentation of the mappack so far.
- Who the flying fuck is Techtoad? Was he even mentioned once in this whole thing?
- "Thanks by say to cake Toad" Spelling/Grammar Mistakes : 5
- Are we going in the mountains or to the mountains? Spelling/Grammar Mistakes : 6
- "Now we need to get out here" Spelling/Grammar Mistakes : 7
- "When Bowser see the City is colorful again," Spelling/Grammar Mistakes : 8
- Again, if you're big mario, kill yourself, you can't do this unless you have portal-jumping skills.
- Wait. Isn't this supposed to be gray? And if it isn't why are the boxes still gray?
- Wow, talk about cheap ass deaths. Thanks for putting a black background there so we can't see the damn hammers.
- I think you missed a block or something here.

3-1 :
- Looks like a good place? What the hell is this supposed to mean?
- Oh we need this cube? This specific one and not the other ones that aren't scattered throughout the level? What, is this a magical cube, that shoots lasers and gives you an infinite starman?

3-2 :
- "said for you that" Spelling/Grammar Mistakes : 9
- Random sporadic coins for no reason in no pattern!

3-3 :
- Fire stick in an ice mountain. [C-c-c-combo Captain Picard Facepalm]
- I'm sorry, what? The water here kills you? Sure I can get that the water here would be cold, but you don't fucking die on contact. God forbid someone drinks a glass of water with ice, they'd be taking a trip to the morgue.
- Way to entity spam the turtles. It isn't totally overspam, but this is the seed that will produce it for many years to come.

3-4 :
- Good fucking lord, turn off the explosions, it's hard enough this map is horribly bad, but the explosions with the time limit make it unbearable.
- And you have them. Every. Three. Steps.
- Yes, let's portal across and instantly get killed by a spiney we didn't see in the first place.

4-1 :
- Weren't we in a mountain a minute ago? Why are we underwater? Did it melt? The Fire Sticks and Bowser's breath in the mountain didn't melt the ice, so what did? Why are we underwater? Why does toad have a submarine handy? Does he carry one around all the time? We weren't in a castle, we were in a mountain, so why are there castle bricks? *sigh*
- Why are Gray boxes from Gray City here? Are the Cold Mountains in Gray City? No, don't try to explain. The boxes aren't there because they're there, they would be a different color because we turned on the machine already.
- Get 5 Boxes without dieing, seems simple, right?
- At this point, I said fuck it. And went to the level editor to add in another flagpole. Yes, I cheated. And I'm OK with that. This game is cheating me out of all of my time. I deserve this.

4-2 :
- "No one works here for years." Spelling/Grammar Mistakes : 10!
- Fuck your spewing machine, it got so laggy because I was taking my time.
- "Find a way to eliminate the cube.". "Eliminate' does not mean 'Put it on the button'. Also, if you put the cube in the lava or in the Excursion Funnel, you are totally fucked.
- "Press Down" Doesn't do jack shit.

4-3 :
- What in the mother of fuck?! Why make a room that you just instantly die in?
- Don't put those machines in horrible places.
- Oh. Those are Rock Bros. I didn't know rocks are green, I must be colorblind.
- Those Rock Bros, fall through the ground. Yeah, you didn't test this worth horse shit.

4-4 :
- Nothing wrong, but the fact you die of the door closes. So let me get this straight, if the door closes, and you die, if you get locked out of your own house do you just drop dead?

5-1 :
- Don't you dare use fucking Yoku Blocks.

5-2 :
- "Make the elevator's not 1 block wide" -Everyone playing your map.
- Don't use the Wizzoomba's in that tight of a corridor please.

5-3 :
- Red Paratroopa turns into a Green Koopa.
- Stop putting Hammer/Rock/Whateverthefuck in horrible places.
- This is not Illusion, this is random shit slapped together in an attempt to attract the player.

5-4 :
- "It's finnally over." Spelling/Grammar Mistakes : 11
- "Common" Spelling/Grammar Mistakes : 12
- Green Paratroopa spam.

6-1 :
- Are you fucking shitting me? You put a Machine THERE? Out of all of the fucking place you could have put it, you put it THERE?!
- Yes, let's put a checkpoint not 30 blocks before the end.
- Don't use Lakitu's with Rock Bros.. It's pain and suffering.

6-2 :
- Wonderful, enemy spam, just what I wanted. And it's just enemy spam.
- Marken is a boring 'Boss'.

6-3 :
- I'll give it this, this garbage falling thing is actually kind of neat. Unfair beyond belief, but neat.

7-1 :
- An- wait the credits that's it?! That was so boring, and rushed that wasn't even half-assed. It was no-assed! No asses we're put into making this!
- Also, Mariomaker and you didn't make the musics, the people you got them from did. The actual names of the people that made them would be nice.
- World bug.

Good god, this isn't a Journey, this is a fucking endurance. You put enemies in shitty places, horrible tiles that switch between styles, bad dialog, and overall an unfun experience not even Satan would punish people with. This map get's a 1/10, a colossal failure in all proportions.

The timed levels, the random layout, the bad story, and everything piles up on each other, the bugs farts and Rock/Hammer Bros. constantly phasing through the ground make no sense. This was not tested, and don't bullshit me about how it wasn't because there problems wouldn't be here if they we're. I am so glad I got done with this map, and I really hope you put some good effort into it next time around.

B-Man99

Post » 08 Mar 2014, 22:03

EDITED because I'm a busy quack that still hasn't played this yet. Looks neat though.
Last edited by B-Man99 on 08 Apr 2014, 03:24, edited 2 times in total.

SauloFX

Post » 08 Mar 2014, 22:32

i guess i did shit.....i will try again next time

and red flying koopas turning into green koopas is not my fault

AND FIRAGA,

I told you that i'm not so good at english,i'm from Brazil,next time i will do a mappack with absolutely no fucking WORDS!!!!!!
Last edited by SauloFX on 14 Mar 2014, 23:17, edited 2 times in total.

HansAgain

Post » 08 Mar 2014, 22:33

Do you want to know what's the worst part?
SauloFX wrote: i'm afraid of my mappack become shitty
But seriously, i think is kind of hard making a platforming mappack, but making things like these proove that you haven't played good mappacks here.

EDIT: Moved here.

2nd EDIT: Don't give up.

SauloFX

Post » 08 Mar 2014, 22:38

Hans1998 wrote:Do you want to know what's the worst part?
SauloFX wrote: i'm afraid of my mappack become shitty
But seriously, i think is kind of hard making a platforming mappack, but making things like these proove that you haven't played good mappacks here.

EDIT: Moved here.

2nd EDIT: Don't give up.
thanks hans.