the cave[SE][v0.6]

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
0>0

Post » 23 Feb 2014, 23:27

hello every one
i have a new mappack but it is the demo version
the story:mario was walking in the world and suddenly fall in a very big cave and he's trying to escape from this giant cave and return to his home.
screenshots:
and here's the download
Last edited by 0>0 on 27 Feb 2014, 00:24, edited 3 times in total.

Áçé Syntax Áçé

Post » 24 Feb 2014, 14:05

Can you please fix the link 'cause it's says the format was unknown or broken

EDIT:Finish downloading this mappack sorry for being dumb (it is because I didn't noticed that our internet connection is broken)
Last edited by Áçé Syntax Áçé on 25 Feb 2014, 14:48, edited 1 time in total.

0>0

Post » 24 Feb 2014, 14:28

umm no because its not broken to me so i can't know why this happen to you
sorry:(

Mr.Q.Marx?

Post » 24 Feb 2014, 14:42

The link is not broken for me.

Mari0Maker

Post » 24 Feb 2014, 15:09

Áçé Syntax Áçé wrote:Can you please fix the link 'cause it's says the format was unknown or broken
I think I know what the problem is. Did the the download work for you?
If so, I'm assuming you don't know how to extract the file type it came in.
Download this. http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
If you don't know which version to download, and you're running Windows, download the first one from the list (WinRAR x86 (32 bit) 5.01)
Then just right-click the file you downloaded, click Extract Files..., and click OK.
Then, a new folder should've been created for the file you just extracted.

If the download isn't working for you, then a screenshot may help for us to understand.

Firaga

Post » 24 Feb 2014, 19:43

My opinions.
My first gripe is the file size. Good god, for a demo you shouldn't need 30+Mb just for a demo. If it was me I'd remove some of the music, at least the ones over ~5Mb (cave3, cave4, cave5, and cave6 are the big offenders). Most of these aren't even used, so why bother adding them?

Secondly, I would at least put an optional download for a .zip file. They reduce filesize and most computers nowadays (if you've bought one in the last few years) have the ability to run them with no trouble, while .rar's need a program to open it.

1-1:
- Boring beginning. Add some scenery, bushes, plants and the like.
- An uninteresting walk with nothing but the floor and a few parakoopas and goombas.
- What? The light bridge at the end makes no sense, and the floor just randomly goes out form under you.

1-2:
- Re-create the spikes, the one's you're using right now look horrible and out of place with everything else.
- Too many spaces in the text box before 'nice'.
- Spinies are the same as spikes, I don't know why you'd want these here. You can always kill them with a red shell anyway.
- Gee, this is nice and fair. You can't see the platform you have to land on, and if you missjump, it's a death.
- The parakoopa's just don't exist if you start from the beginning. Link a region trigger to some entity spawners to get it to work much more efficiently.
- I've begun to notice most of the jumps you have to make are out of sight, or require you to get the camera in the right position to see the jump.
- Goomba's walk into nothingness, not a real problem, but I'm just noting every semi-minor detail, seeing as they walk the way the player isn't facing.
- Make the door more recognisable on the black background.

1-3:
- More spikes and koopas. *yawn*. Nothing too original here.
- Speaking of, where does the lightbridge come in on all of this? I haven't seen it once, and it wasn't even explained in the beginning what it was.
- Enter minor enemy spam.

1-4:
- Wow, more platform jumping over spikes. God, make something new instead of the level being pretty much the same every fucking level.
- Remove some of the checkpoints, you don't need that many.

Final Verdict:
For a demo, it really doesn't have much to offer you, the big filesize (compared to most other maps here), virtually no tileset (in which it's just a garbled up pile of fuck that is barely even used, except for the spikes and the doors, which still look plain bad), no explaination of what's going on, horrible design choices, and overall an unfun experience. That's why my final rating for this demo is a 2/10.

The jumps make you want to choke someone, and half the time you can't see where to jump next, unless you turn the camera back towards where you need to go. Added with the random sporadic enemy placement, and the bland levels with no scenery at all, it seems like you didn't even try to make something worthwhile. It seems like you just half-assedly threw something together. I don't really see a lot going for this map looking at your previous work, but I do wish you the best if this ever becomes something worth playing.

HowToEatGirafes

Post » 25 Feb 2014, 00:12

How did he make that image downloading thingy ??

HugoBDesigner

Post » 25 Feb 2014, 00:19

HowToEatGirafes wrote:How did he make that image downloading thingy ??

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.mediafire.com/download/rxf4l3uw0705xfp/the_cave_DEMO.rar][img]http://i.imgur.com/OJdnqhH.png[/img][/url][/quote]
Just put the url and the images tabs: [img]*your download image url*[/img]

HowToEatGirafes

Post » 25 Feb 2014, 00:57

HugoBDesigner wrote:
HowToEatGirafes wrote:How did he make that image downloading thingy ??

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.mediafire.com/download/rxf4l3uw0705xfp/the_cave_DEMO.rar][img]http://i.imgur.com/OJdnqhH.png[/img][/url][/quote]
Just put the url and the images tabs: [img]*your download image url*[/img]
Thank you !

0>0

Post » 27 Feb 2014, 23:13

A NEW VERSION HAS COME!

SauloFX

Post » 04 Mar 2014, 02:30

You Just made some custom stuff,common man,you can do better than that!

MagicPillow

Post » 04 Mar 2014, 02:31

SauloFX wrote:You Just made some custom stuff,common man,you can do better than that!
Umm... What would you say is better than custom stuff?

SauloFX

Post » 04 Mar 2014, 02:34

MagicPillow wrote:
SauloFX wrote:You Just made some custom stuff,common man,you can do better than that!
i don't get it,please reformulate your text.

MagicPillow

Post » 04 Mar 2014, 04:11

SauloFX wrote:
MagicPillow wrote:
i don't get it,please reformulate your text.
You said that he could do better than custom things.
Could you list an example of what would be better than custom things?

SauloFX

Post » 04 Mar 2014, 14:51

there is nothing better then custom stuff,but he didn't make a big number of custom stuff,he need to do more custom stuff,yeah it's hard work,but the result is worth it.

MissingWorld

Post » 04 Mar 2014, 15:06

SauloFX wrote:there is nothing better then custom stuff,but he didn't make a big number of custom stuff,he need to do more custom stuff,yeah it's hard work,but the result is worth it.
It's completely possible to make a good mappack with what's available in Mari0 from the get-go. This, however, simply doesn't prove it.

SauloFX

Post » 04 Mar 2014, 15:09

MissingWorld wrote:
SauloFX wrote:there is nothing better then custom stuff,but he didn't make a big number of custom stuff,he need to do more custom stuff,yeah it's hard work,but the result is worth it.
It's completely possible to make a good mappack with what's available in Mari0 from the get-go. This, however, simply doesn't prove it.
I Agree with you,but see the same tiles over and over again?

Maurice give us the power to create more In Mari0,custom backgrounds,custom music,custom enemies,custom tiles,if you see super mario 63,the level designer is not very strong

Automatik

Post » 04 Mar 2014, 15:19

Frankly, the biggest problem with this mappack isn't the lack of custom stuff. It's the lack of details, of original challenges, and enemy spam.

B-Man99

Post » 04 Mar 2014, 21:57

Frankly, the biggest problems would be him not improving at all practically not even considering criticism that he was given in the past by a few of us that actually thought reviewing his previous maps would be worth the time, especially seeing how everything you said was told to him before (and before that, and before that)
Saulo I'm sorry but I can't even figure out what you're trying to say

But anyway as I was saying I really think something should be done with this thread and this one 'cause I'm losing track of what's going on

Not that it matters much though because I don't really see the point in anyone wanting to reply to one of these threads anyway
Let's just let it die, peacefully in obscurity...

alesan99

Post » 05 Mar 2014, 01:50

SauloFX wrote:he didn't make a big number of custom stuff
Quality > Quantity
Anybody can make a whole bunch of custom stuff but it only matters if it's good.

SauloFX

Post » 05 Mar 2014, 02:31

alesan99 wrote:
SauloFX wrote:he didn't make a big number of custom stuff
Quality > Quantity
Anybody can make a whole bunch of custom stuff but it only matters if it's good.
THANK YOU VERY MYCH ALESSAN,youre the only one that understand things.